100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > New Member Introductions

Notices

Old 06-01-2018, 12:51 AM
Chat Virgin

Smile all the best for 2018

Evening all and Happy New Year! I came across this forum t'other day and thought it might be a good place to be? I don't have a trike but have known some that are right into them,i think there's only about 3 or 4 around here that you see on a regular basis. Sadly I don't know if i could ever call myself a true biker but did achieve a long held desire to get my bike licence about 10 years ago,and of course wished i'd done it long before! I am lucky I own a '97 ducati 750 monster which does me,i bought it from a mate and couldn't resist it!! also have an unremarkable perhaps '76 cb500t,its like not on the road just now and in the garage. but what i really wanted to ask you about is another project i have,its just a 1979 250 superdream,got it for pennies! i did strip it down and its been lying around in bits for well over 2 years,and its literally just the other day,Tuesday i think,it was decided now is the time to try and get it back together,not a renovation job more like what everyone else is doing a cafe kinda thing going on. But i imagine i will get stuck at some point and it would be good to be able to quiz those with a better knowledge than what i have got lol!!
Old 06-01-2018, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Hiho! nice to see a new member. Looks like you've collected an eclectic (ooh a big wurd!) few bikes there! Theres a few on on here that can give you plenty of info regarding rebuilding your Superdream. I'll have your CB500T in return!...Just Kidding! Feel free to join in, not many of us left on here at the moment, as most seem to have flown over to FB...
Old 06-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Chat Virgin

Cheers Friar Tuck,or can I just call you Friar!! Ay she does FB but am not that into it,its great and all that but yeh whatever. In fact computers and mechanics can sometimes be a struggle but usually someone there that can point you in the right direction many thanx. Hah nearly said sumfin stupid like wow you're really close to Donington,....until I realised there's more than one!! Should maybe add geography to the list of things that can be a struggle lol
Old 06-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Anything you like! Most address me now as FT or Tucky! Yup I fell for that one too when I first moved up! There's another one... Croft! But he circuit itself is in North yorkshire! And there's me who used to run a courier business! It was amazing that anything got delivered!
Old 08-01-2018, 01:22 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Alreet HiHo, Welcome aboard and good luck with the builds. Piccies, that's what we likes, even of superdreams
Old 08-01-2018, 08:51 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

HNY to you too hiho.

Welcome to the forum, its never too late to start biking unless ya body says no.
Ducati is my little ladies favourite brand of bike. A little bit too flimsy for me though.
I had a 250 Dream before they changed the law and put learners on 125's, feels like a very long time ago now.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:20 AM
Chat Virgin

Default all the best for 2018

morning all stupid o'clock but its an age thing innit! then you think go back to bed ........ then the dog gets up and well,you know the rest! yes the p word, pictures! i don't imagine its that hard to post them,indeed i bet there's a link i can follow to explain how to. I'll get her son to show me how to do it and then it'll all be quite clear and simples!!
Old 12-01-2018, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

There's a sticky on one of the threads somewhere about putting up photos. But it's an age thing...can't remember which one...you will have to go and trawl through....