100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default animal cruelty

mornin' all....you must have seen the disgusting pics of the animals tortured in The Sun newspaper on Thursday. I was so fcuking angry at those pics i was nearly sick! These mindless tossers should be hung! Who the fcuk could put a cat in the microwave just cos they got bit by a fcuking flea!!!!!! And how could someone leave a horse's hooves to grow that long? Stealing a puppy from a back garden then hangign it from a tree is just disgusting! Shooting a kitten with a crosbow???? Putting a cat in a sack and beating it to death!!! Tying a 10lb weight to a dog then throwing it in the river is just fcuking unbelievable!!! What made me even more angry was the fact that all the pnishment the wankers who did this got, was a life ban on owning pets and a suspended prison sentence! That ain't fcuking justice is it?
If anyone reading this knows any of these people shamed in the paper, or anyone else who commits this cowardly torture, give details of thier address so I can personaly go round there and beat the living **** out of the bastards!
I am a memeber of the animal rights group SHAC ( Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty) and we see this **** all the time. Nothing gets done coz the justice system just don't seem to want to help thses poor animals.
Even the most hardened biker can't turn a blind eye to this, can they?
I know I am so angry at the lack of justice for these poor animals.

Opinions and relevant stories please. I will be passing info onto my group and we aim to do something to try and change the justice for abused animals.

Have a nice day all ya!

www.facebook.com/siobhanathon

Leah Wilby 10.07.95 - 13.06.11
Beautiful, funny, clever and kind. Missed so very, very much.
Old 15-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Banned

It's sick beyond belief!!! What I find most worrying is the very bad press given to animal rights activists lately in the press and government measures to curb their and any other activity considered to be terrorist.
In my view the people who own Huntingdon Life Sciences et al deserve to be harrassed to an early grave - they are abusing innocent animals to make big money for themselves. They are not fit to walk the earth!
Old 15-10-2005, 09:13 AM

I was on a pet food run with Edinburgh MAG to our local PDSA hospital a few years ago.There were a good few of us (me included) that shed some tears.
Old 15-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Send a message via Yahoo to tease

Firstly I definitely agree with you on all of that, animal cruelty is is one of the lowest forms of cowardice! I love my animals and am dead proud knowing they become part of the family and stay with me throughout their entire lives, one of my worst days was putting my Shepard, Skylla, down due to age, I bought her at 8 weeks old and put her down almost 15 years later I still miss her.
As to animal testing? In some points it is a needed evil, Im not talking about putting soap in a rabbits eyes but some drug testing is needed before human trials. I do support some animal rights groups, but not the eco terrorist squads like PETA and their ilk.
Old 15-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Jay

One of our cats was skewered to a lamp post with a crossbow bolt......and the rank family of our estate were prosecuted for cutting the ears off a kitten with scissors.

There's plenty of it going on out there, I just don't understand why.
Old 15-10-2005, 09:43 AM

Scum like that deserve some of their own medicine.....
Old 15-10-2005, 09:43 AM

Before

After

Unfortunately we, staffie rescue, come up against cases like this all the time. The wee lass above had mange that wasn't treated after being in our care for 4 months we were able to rehome her into a beautiful family home. We had an 18 mnth old male that had 666 burnt into his forehead. One of the other dogs we had had a fractured skull and both front legs broken, done at seperate times. When we try and prosecute these b******s it costs the rescue court costs and for what, a four month jail sentence suspended for 2 years. There's only one word to descirbe how I feel about the scum that hurt animals and that is HATE. I'm not a hateful person but where this pond life is concerned I am.
Mr & Mrs Bunbag
Old 15-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie
Scum like that deserve some of their own medicine.....
Thats when a 'different' kind of animal cruelty is called for!
Old 15-10-2005, 09:51 AM

When we got this little monster (Callie) she was over a kilo under weight and alive with fleas.The person we got her from just couldn't be bothered with her.Fran's sister rescued Callie's mother at the same time,that poor wee scrap had half of her fur missing due to a flea allergy that was ignored.She's doing well now too.
Attached Images

Old 15-10-2005, 09:59 AM

I lived in Kansas (stationed there) for over 8 years, during that time I started a reptile rescue as there were none withing 200 miles. I personally rescued hundreds of herps from homes that were not only cruel to soem, but many who were ignorant of care.
I am a true dog lover, but have always had a love of reptiles. One case was a guy who had an 8' Columbian boa, when I got her she was covered in mites, in substrate that hadnt been changed in many months and grossly overweight. Animal cruelty isnt only confined to cats and dogs. The problem with herps is that a Python is cute and small when they get it, then by 18 months they are getting on 5' long and can grow to 20' and too heavy for one person to handle, eat a small pig every 2 weeks and need constant care.
After stopping the A$$holes who knowingly hurt animals we also need to educate epople on proper care.
I used to bring my snakes into the kids schools to educate them on the level of care they need to be happy well adjusted animals and to warn them away from ownership unless they are truly committed to it for 20 years.
My daughter wants a tortiose now and I wont get her one, they can live to 100 years and there is no way she would commit one year to its good upkeep.
Old 15-10-2005, 10:06 AM

This is why I wont allow dogs or cats as pets in our home because only one person would end up caring for them and thats mum.....................
Old 15-10-2005, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke
I will be passing info onto my group and we aim to do something to try and change the justice for abused animals.

Have a nice day all ya!

I'm sure you will.

I once had the pleasure of being on one of your hit lists for the crime of looking after animals that were kept for human consumption.
You are just another bunch of terrorists, and should be hung along with Bin Laden's lot.
I hope your fire bombs blow up in your face.

Have a nice day.

It isn't the journey or the destination ........it's who you ride it with.
Old 15-10-2005, 10:48 AM

Send a message via MSN to krammer

we have a dalmation so i found the picture of that poor dog even more distressing. i simply cannot comprehend how people can be so fuckin' cruel and it just make's me despair.

Old 15-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

agree with most comment these people should be given a taste of thier own medicine.As there is no excuse for beating animals
i also sympathise with shep just an ordinary bloke going about his buisness then getting targeted by the hypocrites, at the end of the day how many of the animal rights protesters wear leather, drink milk, eat eggs and fish. and how many take drugs that were tested on animals. i was listening to a program on the radio where they interviewed a guy who had attempted to dig up a relative of someone in the animal industry, he was making a good arguement about not testing drugs on animals but then went on to say he takes aspirin which has been tested on animals,also i believe things like insulin and penecillin were tested on animals,most animal rights protesters would use these drugs if they needed too, so for me im afraid i have no respect for em as they switch sides as soon as they get ill

This whole world is fucking mad, to be politically correct is fucking sad
Old 15-10-2005, 12:13 PM

As I said before, I personally agree with testing essential medications on animals in proper labs, not as some you have seen with no movement room and horrid conditions.
I do not agree with cruelty, buying animals and being ignorant of their upkeep needs, not getting medical attention when needed, even so far as to keep an animal lingering well past its time when quality of life is zero, thats pure selfishness.
I wear leather, though do not eat meat, domestic animals raised for meat and products do not bother me, so long as they are treated right in life and slaughtered humanely. I have even been to a Korean dog ranch where they are raised for their meat and it is done the correct and humane way.
I cant stand groups that focus on farmers and ranchers, spout about not wearing leather when the animal is raised for that.
The facts are that medicines need to be tested, people eat meat, wear leather but a dog doesnt need to be ill treated, a cat doesnt need to be hung, a snake doesnt need to be burned.
Old 15-10-2005, 12:50 PM

If there's one thing that really makes me very angry it's seeing or reading reports about animals being treated cruelly! Normally a 'live and let live' kind of guy I often frighten myself with the thought of what I would like to do with people like that. My particular favourites are dogs, but I love all animals.As stallholders who take their dogs (and cats) to rallies with them will know (including Smudge and Mrs. Smudge and Kenny) I always have a pack of treats in my pocket for any dogs I may meet, and love every minute of the time I get to spend with my own dog ( a border collie/lurcher cross - wickedly intelligent!) and my daughter's boyfriends dog (springer spaniel) that now lives with us as well.
Having spent the first 18 years of my working life as a lab technician working with academic researchers, however, I cannot agree with the views of people like Juke regarding use of animals in research. Whilst I agree that use of animals in any way for testing of cosmetics, domestic chemicals, etc is completely unnecessary and should not happen, when it comes to medical research i know some animal experimentation is vital. Not all treatments and medications can be tested using cell cultures or other non-animal methods. I also know that the vast majority of researchers are also concerned for the welfare of the animals they use and will only test using animals if there is no other way. IMHO the people who hound workers at places like Huntingdon Life Sciences, and steal bodies of relatives of people who farm animals for research purposes are no better than people who treat animals with cruelty, and deserve the same public disdain.
Old 15-10-2005, 01:13 PM

something that makes me angry is people.

We are animals at our most base level and it is overlooked time and time again. the main difference between us and our animal counterparts ( to our knowledge) is our ability to experience pleasure and understand why.

Frustrated kids taunting the local dog, get bored, poke dog with stick, catch dog and hang dog. Alternatively harass the local old folk and end up raping someone.

Pikey farmer wannabe, has horse, shackles it up in a small paddock with 3 tonnes of hardcore and neverwashes or brushes it. Horse dies of malnutrition or a disease.

Fishermen in the far east drop flourescent lures into schools of giant squid, the barbs on the lures tear open the throat of the squid causing a visable display of emotions, pain, panic, flight,fight. This in turn creates a frenzy within the school and thwe squid attack one another and cannibalise.

Everyday person goes to work, goes home watches tv. Switches on the news but switches off o the news. Another mediocre individual desencitised to the 'civilised' society we live in. In our bid to be ultra civilised we have actually become more barbaric. by not punishing and confronting our issues we instead compound them and pretend to be sickened and shocked when we learn of the consequences.

Let's be honest folks how many of actually do anything about it? Aside from the acknowledged fanatics amongst us whose visions are somewhat questionable and the carers amongst us who provide sanctuary .... how many of us provide sanctuary and education for the youths, the mp's and the rest of the populace...

I aborr the human race and what it represents, I am actually sad that my daughters will grow up in these detestable times.

Old 15-10-2005, 01:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to krammer

i, and other member's of my family are in 'libearty' which is a charity aimed at stamping out cruelty to these wonderful animals. the production of bear bile in china is just so wicked that it just fill's me with rage.

Old 15-10-2005, 02:07 PM

Anyone that has to hurt/maim/kill animals is a fucking pussy cock-sucker. same goes for fox hunting, badger baiting and any other past time that involves hunting animals for anything other than food.

Infact, I had row with some twat up the town the other day, he was protesting against banning fox hunting. I said why the worry? He's going on about the job losses and crap. Sod it I said, go hunting using pikies and nonces for targets. No job losses, a target that deserves a slow painfully death and mr fox skips happily through the fields
Old 15-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

you should try looking at the mess a fox makes when it gets into a chicken coop and kills all the hens just for the sake of killing them. Dont go bleating about vermin control, try seeing the damage they cause to peoples livelihoods and yes I hunt and kill rabbits pheasants pigeons ( yes I eat them) but I will also kill crows magpies foxes rats and any other vermin that crosses my sights
Old 15-10-2005, 02:43 PM

He was talking about fox hunting, the practice of chasing down a fox from a cage and patting everyone on the back when the dogs rip it to pieces.
I advocate hunting, not trophy hunters, but hunters who put the game to use and honestly try for the one shot kill.
Vermine hunting is necessary, fox sport hunting is not.
As humans we have eliminated natural predators so hunting is needed to control herds and maintain them at healthy levels, but that doesnt include the running them down for dogs to savage them for our glee
Old 15-10-2005, 03:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to technoboiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob
something that makes me angry is people.

I aborr the human race and what it represents, I am actually sad that my daughters will grow up in these detestable times.

I too find the human race abhorant,, not all, but a lot of us!
One of the main reasons i have never had children.
In my eyes if a person can do this to defensless animals who trust us, they can do it to children, after all its bullying in the extreme isnt it.
Old 15-10-2005, 03:41 PM

some of the nations who are cruellest to animals are sometime the best when looking after children........................................
Old 15-10-2005, 03:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to technoboiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel
some of the nations who are cruellest to animals are sometime the best when looking after children........................................
oh yeh
who are they then
Old 15-10-2005, 04:02 PM

Send a message via MSN to Crofty

gotta say I agree with tease about some neccesary animal testing for medicine, someone i know hunts as pest control on a local rabbiting with shotgun, etc not foxhunting. which might make him a pariah in some peoples eyes, but they are having a detrimental effect on the farmer's livelihood and quality of life, it's nit unusual for a cow to break it's leg in a rabbit hole, which is cruel for the cow. I do agree with must people's opinions of being needlessly cruel to animals, like the disgusting examples given. but given the (extreme and unlikely) choice of a person's life against a couple of dozen rabbits, I know what I'd choose. (actually depends if the person was a bike thief!) I've probably offended someone, but I'm just saying what I think.
Old 15-10-2005, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
I'm sure you will.

I once had the pleasure of being on one of your hit lists for the crime of looking after animals that were kept for human consumption.
You are just another bunch of terrorists, and should be hung along with Bin Laden's lot.
I hope your fire bombs blow up in your face.

Have a nice day.

Hi shep, you have got the wrong end of our argument. We do not disagree that drugs should not be tested on animals, but we do disagree with the way it is done. I could show you film footage taken inside HLS by undercover members of our group, and they would turn your guts. We have seen pigs suffer the most undescribable cruelty when the drugs have not had the desired affect, and they are left in pain untill someone can be bothered to give them some sedative to relieve them of the pain. Yes we do know of the story of the 'digging up of the mother' and we did not agree with that, but people feel so strongly about thier beliefs they will go to any lengths to get thier point over. And yes. i do wear leather, take aspirin and eat meat, but i do not agree with letting animals suffer for no apparent reason. That is what SHAC is all about. Lessening the pain and cruelty to animals. We are in no way as bad as Bin Laden, and we do not deal in firebombs.
I would like to say however, it has been really nice to see how many of you have replied to this thread I started. Sorry if my beliefs have pissed some of you off.

Old 15-10-2005, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunbag
Before

After

Unfortunately we, staffie rescue, come up against cases like this all the time. The wee lass above had mange that wasn't treated after being in our care for 4 months we were able to rehome her into a beautiful family home. We had an 18 mnth old male that had 666 burnt into his forehead. One of the other dogs we had had a fractured skull and both front legs broken, done at seperate times. When we try and prosecute these b******s it costs the rescue court costs and for what, a four month jail sentence suspended for 2 years. There's only one word to descirbe how I feel about the scum that hurt animals and that is HATE. I'm not a hateful person but where this pond life is concerned I am.
Mr & Mrs Bunbag
Well done Mr and Mrs Bunbag! Shame there ain't a few more people like you around.

Old 15-10-2005, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke
mornin' all....you must have seen the disgusting pics of the animals tortured in The Sun newspaper on Thursday. I was so fcuking angry at those pics i was nearly sick! These mindless tossers should be hung! Who the fcuk could put a cat in the microwave just cos they got bit by a fcuking flea!!!!!! And how could someone leave a horse's hooves to grow that long? Stealing a puppy from a back garden then hangign it from a tree is just disgusting! Shooting a kitten with a crosbow???? Putting a cat in a sack and beating it to death!!! Tying a 10lb weight to a dog then throwing it in the river is just fcuking unbelievable!!! What made me even more angry was the fact that all the pnishment the wankers who did this got, was a life ban on owning pets and a suspended prison sentence! That ain't fcuking justice is it?
If anyone reading this knows any of these people shamed in the paper, or anyone else who commits this cowardly torture, give details of thier address so I can personaly go round there and beat the living **** out of the bastards!
I am a memeber of the animal rights group SHAC ( Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty) and we see this **** all the time. Nothing gets done coz the justice system just don't seem to want to help thses poor animals.
Even the most hardened biker can't turn a blind eye to this, can they?
I know I am so angry at the lack of justice for these poor animals.

Opinions and relevant stories please. I will be passing info onto my group and we aim to do something to try and change the justice for abused animals.

Have a nice day all ya!

hey, i used to eat meat, and i still own a leather jacket, if i tell you where she is buried, you can go and dig up my granny,

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 15-10-2005, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr
hey, i used to eat meat, and i still own a leather jacket, if i tell you where she is buried, you can go and dig up my granny,

your alright mate, don't wanna dig up your granny, just wanna get some justice for tossers who don't care much for the pain they cause animals. if that makes me a twat then a twat i be!!!!!

Old 15-10-2005, 07:06 PM

youd be a better man than me if you dug up my gran she was cremated