100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 24-10-2016, 09:09 PM
Need to Get out More!

Default Dla/pip

I just posted my request for a mandatory reconsideration of my PIP award.
How bloody difficult can they make it for people?
If it wasnt for my background in construction project management, I don't know how some less able people can put summat like this together.
I bet some of you know what I'm talking about.

I had notification in May that my DLA was ending and I had to apply for PIP.
After letters and many phone calls from me they got me an appointment end of June. They rang me at home on the day of my assessment to change the venue. Yeah nice trick.
It took them 8 weeks to send out a decision letter.
No deadlines, they takes as long as they take.
Then I decided to ask for a reconsideration and it took them 7 weeks to send me a copy of the assessors made up bullshit report, the liar she turned out to be. Very nice to my face and a lying B in her report.
So after months of crap and chasing these useless, grossly uncaring and grossly unprofessional idiots, Today I posted my 40 page analysis of the assessment and report.
How to call liar a liar without actually saying it.
The report has question numbers that don't match the PIP application form just to mess your head up even more. Like they do trying to spit out as many people as they can from getting the support they need.

Who whole pile of fail at the DWP. Completely dissorgansied and they don't give a toss.

Serial civil servants the lot of them.
They only ever work in the cvil service becasue they would never hold down a job out in the real world.

They refused me an assessmnt at home because they said it might be dangerous for their staff. Hey?

Anyway, job done !
Will I get a better offer? Throw some dice and it might be close...
Old 24-10-2016, 09:30 PM
Chat Virgin

Hos , I thought that the PIP people were privatised like the DVLA and therefore paid to fail people. It is important to remember that in order that the friends of the current government to whom they make contributions pay as little or no tax, it is necessary that the people at the other end tighten their belts and accept a bit of discomfort. Bloody hell that's a long sentence. If you want to get really angry read Private Eye! Good luck.
Old 25-10-2016, 05:47 AM
Need to Get out More!

Hi grumpy dave, yes I know how the game works.
I've been an active member of DPAC for a few years and the public are being misinformed on every front. No surprise to hear that cost of welfare has gone up since the appointment of these private companies who are milking it.
It's all about the government moving money from public funds out to private companies and that happens on a lot of different fronts.
But it's mainly about cutting people out of the support they need..

As you say heaven forbid that some of this support should be taken away from the wealthy who don't need it and spend it on luxury holidays.
Old 25-10-2016, 06:11 AM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

I heard a bloke on the radio some years back saying how governments privatise government departments.

He said.

"First you put an abrasive character in charge. Next you put in place work procedures that make it hard for staff to do their jobs. Then you need to demoralise your staff, a big pay cut is no good because they get over it too quickly, so you cut their expenses here and there then cut back some benefits. The changes in work processes have caused a back log of work so you force staff to work at weekends at flat rate. etc etc. then when the department gets a bad name you privatise it and there is no public outcry."

The result is ATOS. but now its too late
Old 25-10-2016, 06:43 AM
Need to Get out More!

ATOS is one of several global companies lile Serco, Capita, G4S who do work for governments replacing government emplyees who provide a service.

Privatisation never costs less and these global organisations make some serious profits.
Old 25-10-2016, 02:07 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

I cant remember which company it is but one of those who did the work assessments were done in Australia for fiddling the amount of work they had done and thus inflated the costs to the government and yet the UK welcome them with open arms and open wallets (of tax-payers money, of course). G4S was slammed over it's inherent racism when it ran part of the Immigration services and we all remember the fiasco of the London Olympics where the army was called in to make up numbers because nobody wanted to work for the shit wage they were offering (at tax-payers expense, yet again) but the government still use them. The probation service is now privatized and failing badly, so no doubt, they will be bailed out with tax-payers money... Bah!

Ewokandtuck could do a better job and cheaper.....
Old 25-10-2016, 11:02 PM
Need to Get out More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
I cant remember which company it is but one of those who did the work assessments were done in Australia for fiddling the amount of work they had done and thus inflated the costs to the government and yet the UK welcome them with open arms and open wallets (of tax-payers money, of course). G4S was slammed over it's inherent racism when it ran part of the Immigration services and we all remember the fiasco of the London Olympics where the army was called in to make up numbers because nobody wanted to work for the shit wage they were offering (at tax-payers expense, yet again) but the government still use them. The probation service is now privatized and failing badly, so no doubt, they will be bailed out with tax-payers money... Bah!

Ewokandtuck could do a better job and cheaper.....
I remember something about one of them allegedly claming payment for services for people who were in fact dead.
They got let off I think.

But at least theyre going to stop frequent reassessments for epople who are very ill. Anothe rbig waste on money to keep reassessing peope who arent going to get better.

But for a private company its good to get on the governments books because within reason you can charge what you like.
Old 26-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

All this is part of the Tory parties Fascist manifesto. The Nazi's took a section of the population (Jews, Gypsies and the disabled) and made them the target for all of the ill's that the country suffered and once they became targets, it was easier to dehumanize them. This is now happening with the disabled, unemployed and foreigners regardless of whether they want to work or are even capable of work. Once these sections of the populations are demonized enough it is a only short step from stopping their benefits and making them work or letting them starve. There are already attacks on disabled people and foreigners and they are on the increase (and nothing to do with Brexit) due to the likes of Rupert Murdoch's press amongst others railing against those groups.

My motto is that the government is all for .... Austerity for us and Prosperity for them. Where is all the money, allegedly saved from benefits going? Why are the HMRC doing deals with companies and the rich to let them of tax but chasing workers for a few quid? It is to make the largest impact on the poor and increase their wealth. The current figure for deaths within six weeks of being declared 'Fit for work' is one an hour, some within days of being declared fit. If we had this sort of body count in a current war the country would be screaming for us to pull our troops out, but it's only the disabled and mentally ill so it doesn't matter...........