100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > New Member Introductions

Notices

Old 08-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Chat Virgin

Default Greybeard old timer

Hi I'm ced another fuckin Harley rider I'm afraid ...before anybody accuses me of being a spammer I'm new here and still find my feet it's took me 30 minutes to find out how to post a msg and I apologize about my grammar aprostavies semi colons and full stops are all Greek to me ....I need help and any advise anybody can give about wild camping in planning a lengthy trip my first few week is the east coast for sunny hunny to liskard in Cornwall my budget doesn't allow me to camp on a secure campsite every night so I'm going to have to camp near the coast common land or forested areas along the coastline I might add so if any of you do this advise would be greatly received .I'll just Chuck in how do you chat to females here as well .....cheers😎
Old 09-05-2018, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, Matey! The best way to introduce yourself to us is to fill out the User CP up on the left hand side there. And tell us a bit about yourself, like what bike you've got. what you do for a living, etc... W'e are small forum but friendly. And will help out where possoble on any info or hwlp you may need if your bike goes up the duff. We are'nt fussy about spelling or any formal protocols. Only try to avoid to may political arguments, and don't get personal. We are all entitled to our views, other than that you have a free reign...and it helps if you have a sense of humour....
Old 09-05-2018, 07:26 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Welcome to the forum Ced.
Sounds like a great road trip! The coast roads are superb.
Ive gone from Chromer to Sunny Hunny on the coast road.
Infact I haven't ridden over to Sunny Hunny for a while, the last time I went was on my supercharged Hayabusa.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Wotcher Ced, I keep trying to get to Cornwall/Devon on the bike, but I keep getting outvoted and end up elsewhere in the UK, or over the water. I hope you get some advice on rough camping cos I might nick the spots for another time.

Good luck, oh and as for chatting to girls, good luck finding any on here
Old 09-05-2018, 01:31 PM
Chatter Box

Welcome fella, yeah i think you have picked the wrong forum for catting to women.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Ooh I dunno...you could always try chatting to Ewok...he's a bit of an Old Woman.....
Old 13-05-2018, 08:54 PM
Chat Virgin

Default Grey beard Harley rider

Thank you lads this research lark is doing my head in I've got to do some wild camping as my budget won't afford me to stay on secure camping every night even they these sites say book ahead I just don't want to can't I just rock up to a site and pitch ....so common land river banks and forest here I come maybe the new forest and moorland as well I don't think there are any rules obviously I'm not a backpacker and throw my tent up next to a footpath I have to be near a road no way do I want to ride down a dirt track a mile ....you've all seen deliverance haven't you ...wherever you want to camp you probably won't be allowed to ......so common courtesy rules say pitch late leave early take your rubbish away and no campfire and be ready to be moved on unless your a complete bullshitter and can talk your way out of anything .....I'll keep you posted
Old 14-05-2018, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

First off to get on here you have to login, type in your user name, then type in your pasword. Then you should be able to access your User CP. you've got here thats the main thing, Matey! Leaving a messages on your profile is good enough! We've now got a good idea of who your are, and welcome. Never actually camped on the side of the road before! You should be able to access Common Land.You'll probably get moved on pretty smartish though I'd imagine. If you ask a farmer nicely and tell him how long you's like to stay I'm sure he'd be quite obliging, as you had the decemcy to ask first before pitching up...
Old 14-05-2018, 08:55 AM

It would be nice to follow your journey Ced because some of us don't get out that much.
Old 15-05-2018, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

They keep a lock on our care home!....
Old 17-05-2018, 05:20 PM
Chat Virgin

I'm going to try and keep away from friendly farmers .......grass verges may be the way to go chaps .....there are plenty of grass verges with trees and bushes on specially on the the ramps for motorways .....rural bus shelters is another idea as long as I have cover from the road as not to attract attention
Old 18-05-2018, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think that would be a good idea, really. Unless you only plan on doing an overnighter only...I reckon though that you'd get moved on pretty smartish...I'd reconsider your ideas if I were you.....
Old 18-05-2018, 04:43 PM
Chat Virgin

It would purely be an overnight strategy pitch late and leave early remember I'm not budgeted for 7 nights on holiday parks /campsites I'm going to have to wild camp at least 2 nights to save 20 /25 that money is food or fuel.....I know the council of highway services are not out late they may start early and move me on but I'm prepared for that .....
Old 18-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Chat Virgin

Where's your sense of adventure ( good friar )
Old 18-05-2018, 06:37 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ced View Post
I'm going to try and keep away from friendly farmers .......grass verges may be the way to go chaps .....there are plenty of grass verges with trees and bushes on specially on the the ramps for motorways .....rural bus shelters is another idea as long as I have cover from the road as not to attract attention
The bike would be spotted soon enough on ramps and you would get moved on sharpish (plus its illegal to "park" on the ramp as effectively you would be on the hard shoulder). If the bike is visible then you are running the risk. Besides its not just the council you have to worry aobut its the coppers and all the thieving bastards .... "ooh bike"

Better off down a bit of a track, use google maps
Old 19-05-2018, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ced View Post
Where's your sense of adventure ( good friar )
I think i'd pitch behind a fence or hedge, at least keep out of sight. I'm getting old now and I can't move as quick as I used, to, so the sense of adventure has given way to a liking for warm beds etc....
Old 19-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Here's an off the wall thought ................ have look for any fishing ponds/sites that allow night fishing, could get those for 5-10 ????
Old 20-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Chat Virgin

I'm not just going to park on the side of the road chaps these ramps are landscaped with trees and shrubs and I'll take my bike cover with me as i say I will be pitching at dusk ....and yes fishing lakes and rivers are a good idea as well I'll be taking loads of pics .....I'm an old codger as well you know I'm just turned 61 .....but it'll only be 2 nights of the week hopefully I'll be on a campsite for the other 5 nights I'll need to keep my phone charged I will keep you posted chaps and put some pics up if I learn how ......enter 1 daughter with computer savvy
Old 20-05-2018, 05:59 PM
Chat Virgin

Since I haven't learnt this user cp get here's a brief explanation of who I am I run a 89 fxlr evo 1340 bobber ....a 71 triumph Bonneville and my every day ride a 2002 c.b 900 hornet I don't drive or even own a car I work or I worked for persimmon homes as a telescopic forktruck operator in working notice I'll maybe be out on the road till August and all the bikes will be used in that timescale
Old 21-05-2018, 11:51 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Couldn't fancy kipping in a motorway or layby personally. You're on yer jollies you want nice surroundings. If your in rural locations there'll always be picnic areas, woodlands etc. which are gonna be empty by dusk (except doggers mebbe), as long as you stick your tent up late and be ready to go in the morning before the wardens start you should be ok. Enjoy.
Old 21-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Chat Virgin

Ah doggers ....there's my night entertainment
Old 21-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Chat Virgin

I have got british ss2
Old 22-05-2018, 11:33 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

British doggers?? Be careful, a glory hole in your tent will let in water
Old 22-05-2018, 06:35 PM
Chat Virgin

Lmao ......I'm joining the camping and caravan club as long as I can rock up and camp ......I've had way to many dogs
Old 22-05-2018, 10:34 PM

As a suggestion I would look out for country parks around the coastal areas.
Some of the country parks I know have 24 hour car parks or some of them that are locked at 6 or 7pm there are still ways to easily get a bike in. You could be gone by the time the country park opens. Just a thought.
Old 23-05-2018, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Try this website. It was on Chris Evans yesterday moring. The guy sounds lke he does whst you propose to do.

https://coolcamping.com/
Old 23-05-2018, 09:52 PM
Chat Virgin

Thank you HOS and Thank you good friar I'll give it a look