100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15-02-2016, 01:27 PM
wiskers wiskers is offline
Jedi Chat Master
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Caerphilly
Posts: 696
Default The different types of bikers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQyljFhYwkw

Made me laugh
__________________
Dyslexic Dai
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16-02-2016, 07:22 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,170
Default

Oh Blimey! Gays on scooters......
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17-02-2016, 10:32 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Rockers rode Honda's and small capacity Nortons?
Oh aye? PMSL !
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18-02-2016, 11:11 AM
harry's Avatar
harry harry is online now
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Taunton
Posts: 3,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
Rockers rode Honda's and small capacity Nortons?
Oh aye? PMSL !
As a rocker I rode a pushbike wearing a sheepskin flying jacket and enormous leather gauntlets (in Winter)

This is why I don't laugh at wannabe youngsters.
__________________
si is does non opportunus vos postulo a maior pango
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18-02-2016, 12:21 PM
wiskers wiskers is offline
Jedi Chat Master
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Caerphilly
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
As a rocker I rode a pushbike wearing a sheepskin flying jacket and enormous leather gauntlets (in Winter)

This is why I don't laugh at wannabe youngsters.
At least you were on two wheels we used to have a few hanger on's that would turn up on the bus complete with helmets

Most of my rocker day's were spent on a Suzuki hustler
__________________
Dyslexic Dai
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18-02-2016, 09:52 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
As a rocker I rode a pushbike wearing a sheepskin flying jacket and enormous leather gauntlets (in Winter)

This is why I don't laugh at wannabe youngsters.
My mate Nick on his gen2 Hayabusa claims to be an original 69 Club member at the Ace. The stories he tells us about what he did and got sent down for curl my hair! And I ain't got much to bloody curl! He has us in bits. A great era which I just missed, got my first road bike in 75.
Nick still rides fast for a bus pass Busa rider. I have to nail it to get past him.

Last edited by HOS; 18-02-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18-02-2016, 09:56 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

I don't give a shit what anyone rides as long as they ride.
That's how I was taught by other bikers in the 70s.
It's a sad affair when people get snotty about what others ride.
I've been on jap fast stuff all my life because I like speed. But tbh I've probably got more mates who I get on with who ride Harleys.
It's not about the bikes it's about people.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19-02-2016, 12:10 AM
wiskers wiskers is offline
Jedi Chat Master
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Caerphilly
Posts: 696
Default

I remember some of the 69 clubs rally's drinking with the Dutch angels

As far as i know I'm still a member of the 59 it was life membership when i joined in the early 70's hackney it was then and father Graham was the top man

Ask Nick if he remembers the first Kent custom and if he stayed overnight if he was there he will remember what happened if he can't remember just tell him "his goose is cooked" there was only about 20 of us that stayed but he would have heard what happened, this was at the halfway before the move
__________________
Dyslexic Dai

Last edited by wiskers; 19-02-2016 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Ask Nick
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 19-02-2016, 08:04 AM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Infact it probably was the 59 club Nick is a member of.
69, What was I thinking of?
Anyway yeah it was the 59.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 19-02-2016, 08:23 AM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskers View Post
I remember some of the 69 clubs rally's drinking with the Dutch angels

As far as i know I'm still a member of the 59 it was life membership when i joined in the early 70's hackney it was then and father Graham was the top man

Ask Nick if he remembers the first Kent custom and if he stayed overnight if he was there he will remember what happened if he can't remember just tell him "his goose is cooked" there was only about 20 of us that stayed but he would have heard what happened, this was at the halfway before the move
I'll ask Nick when I see him next, he's not one of our regular bike crowd.
He always talks to me because he's mad about bikes and loves his Busa's.
He cracks me up ! He's still got a hell of a temper and attitude on him

He was very angry for weeks after he took his new Busa down to the Ace cafe reunion day and was stopped and told by some "kid" not to park his Busa on the Ace car park it was Brit bikes only. We were pissing ourselves when he told us. Summat about the kid not even being a twinkle in his Dad's eye when he was riding bikes etc...... got to laugh.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 19-02-2016, 08:27 AM
wiskers wiskers is offline
Jedi Chat Master
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Caerphilly
Posts: 696
Default

Not sure but I think the 69 was started by father Graham

Definitely started in 1969 but for the life of me I can't remember where they were based possibly Dover that's where they held all there rally's
__________________
Dyslexic Dai
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 19-02-2016, 08:45 AM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskers View Post
Not sure but I think the 69 was started by father Graham

Definitely started in 1969 but for the life of me I can't remember where they were based possibly Dover that's where they held all there rally's
Although Ive got bike mates who are MC and MCC members, I am not a club biker and never will be. I stand alone, always have, always will.
I grew up in Warwick and Leamington and had my first road bike in 1975, there was a lot going on with the clubs in those towns at that time.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 19-02-2016, 09:19 AM
wiskers wiskers is offline
Jedi Chat Master
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Caerphilly
Posts: 696
Default

From what i remember the 59 club was more of a meeting place we were from the other side of the river so didn't get there that often, I remember that there was a cafe and workshop downstairs and reading rooms upstairs.

Father Graham also bought a van that we could use for recovery (just pay the petrol) the lad that drove the van would come out any time of day or night and was also very handy with the spanners

Father Graham never pushed any religion on us he was just happy to have us there, he was also always interested in any mods we did to our bikes
__________________
Dyslexic Dai
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 19-02-2016, 07:07 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskers View Post
From what i remember the 59 club was more of a meeting place we were from the other side of the river so didn't get there that often, I remember that there was a cafe and workshop downstairs and reading rooms upstairs.

Father Graham also bought a van that we could use for recovery (just pay the petrol) the lad that drove the van would come out any time of day or night and was also very handy with the spanners

Father Graham never pushed any religion on us he was just happy to have us there, he was also always interested in any mods we did to our bikes
Sounds like a very decent guy.
Cool that he didn't push religion on other people.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 19-02-2016, 07:49 PM
wiskers wiskers is offline
Jedi Chat Master
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Caerphilly
Posts: 696
Default

The membership cards had father Graham's phone number on them with instructions for people to call him if you were involved in an accident then he would visit your family

Only once did i attend one of his service's that was on the sunday of one of the 69 rally's that was a odd day in church, i was sat with the Dutch angels and almost everyone in the church was dressed in leather even the great man himself, it was odd seeing him in his jeans leather jacket and dog collar
__________________
Dyslexic Dai
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 20-02-2016, 02:57 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

If only there were a few more caring people like him around today.
There probably are somewhere.
Caring is seen as weakness by a lot of people, how wrong can they be.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 27-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Glyn aka Kingo's Avatar
Glyn aka Kingo Glyn aka Kingo is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Machynlleth
Posts: 4,231
Default

My first ride in 1958 was a Lambretta.
__________________
NEC ASPER TERRENT
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 28-03-2016, 05:27 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,170
Default

Wash your mouth out with Soap......
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.