100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 21-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Chat Virgin

Cool What to buy?!?!?!?!

so im buying my first cruiser soon, having only been on a yamaha midnight star 1300, which i did really enjoy, i liked that it was longer than usual and i liked the styling of it and the headlight shape, however i also like the looks of the VN 16/1700 which seems to be more practical for touring which is what ill use it for mainly, and i also like the look of the intruder M1800 however that seems to be the least practical of them all but stylish in its own essence.

so yeah..... any opinions of the yamaha XVS range, kawasaki VN range and the suzuki intruder or any similar bikes you can suggest, thanks =]

also been tempted with a Vmax but ill just end up turning that into a throttle machine for fun and not so much a comfy cruiser for me and the wife lol
Old 21-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Chat Virgin

If I was looking for a similar steed the Victory range would be my first choice, great reviews even from the mainstream motorcycle press.
Old 21-01-2016, 09:00 PM
Chat Virgin

i have only just today found out about victory, so i have absolutely no idea on them, reliability,part salvaging/customising etc etc, will have a read up on them shortly though.
Old 22-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Try to ride them all then buy the bike you want

The late John Hopkins had the Kawasaki Indian look alike it was a bloody good touring bike he did the Iron Butt challenge on it 1000 miles in 24 hour's

He was in his 70's when he did that (i think )

There again i did a couple of days with him doing warm up day's on my street bob

I only know one fella with a victory to be honest we don't get on but it's not my cup of tea and he hates it if I park beside his bike ,there again if a victory is good enough for Sonny Barger who am I to put them down

Good luck choosing a bike i would hate to do it again Dai

Last edited by wiskers; 22-01-2016 at 12:30 AM. Reason: I think
Old 22-01-2016, 12:11 AM
Chatter Box

I agree you should go out and try all the bikes your considering. I've just bought my first new bike after having the same one for the last 21yrs. I got loads of good advice from forum members, but it was the trying the bikes out that sealed the deal on my final choice. Have fun trying them all out
Old 22-01-2016, 12:35 AM
Jedi Chat Master

How you getting on with it

Bloody weather crap mine up garage getting played with sod going out in this

I'm an old man done my years getting cold and wet

Good luck all Dai
Old 22-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Chat Virgin

cheers people, yeah will have to try some out just a pain no garages local stock cruisers just pissy 125s and town bikes :/ but i can go and make a day of it lol. was staring at the intruder last night and i think im slowly swaying that way so may have to find one of those lol
Old 22-01-2016, 12:53 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Rare to hear a bad word about any of the jap cruisers, mind a lot of them just do sunny Sundays

A mate's got a Victory 8 ball having had a Triumph America before that. He loves it, though he wasn't as comfy on day long rides as me and another mate on Fat Bobs touring europe last year. He put that down to the forwards not being forward enough. He did have bother finding someone to service it though since the NE dealer dropped Victory.

Ride as many as you can and pick the one you like best I reckon. Good luck.
Old 22-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Jedi Chat Master

As SS2 said the servicing for a victory could be a problem there used to be a dealer in Brecon but that didn't last long

As far as i know the victory's use a snow mobile motor but i don't think you will find many snow mobile dealers in the UK

On my street bob i have a sundowner seat (looks crap ) but it's as comphy as the sofa I'm sitting on now with that and the forwards I can cover lots of miles in comfort the only thing is when the speeds get up my feet do tend to get blown off the pegs
Old 22-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Chat Slapper

Send a message via Yahoo to lawsom34

I've got a victory high ball and agree that it needs forward pegs on it as without its not good on long rides. I use dealer in Swindon for service etc.
Old 24-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Yeah, sure you'd find someone to service it. Twin City up here do. Just the Victory dealer is gone that's all.
Old 25-01-2016, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Does E P Barrus still import the Victory?