100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > New Member Introductions

Notices

Old 07-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Chat Virgin

Default Hi Everyone - Young and Inexperienced Biker! :)

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself, this is YoungLearnerBikerLondon. I am keen to learn all I can about biking and I admit, I have quite a way to go (haven't even done my CBT yet). I have a twitter @YngLrnBikerLDN where I want to impart all that I am learning along the way with all my fellow young bikers. It's a bit bare at the moment, don't really know how to use twitter LOL, I digress; it will be updated with great info on 08/04/2015. I hope that I can gain a lot of knowledge from this forum and don't across as an idiot in the process.

Thanks for your time,

YoungLearnerBikerLondon
Old 07-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome.

John.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Jedi Chat Master

How do. You don't come across as an idiot at all. Yer keen to learn, you've chosen two wheels and you've decided this forum's for you.

Damned intelligent thinking I reckon
Old 07-04-2015, 09:18 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Hi, welcome, everyone has to start somewhere, and you never stop learning. Keep us posted on what bike you are considering, we might be able to advise. I just dug the Honda 125 rebel out of my shed for a non biking mate that I hadn't seen since he was 15 to have a go on. The bike fired up in 30 seconds of cranking and is running sweet as a sweet thing. Not bad for a bike that did 4 years getting thrashed and neglected then got bunged in a shed and ignored for 6 months. The guy is an instant addict and wants a bike licence already. The first bit of advice I will offer is be wary of modern Chineese clones of the rebels, quality makes them less reliable than a 15 year old Honda so only buy if very cheap. The chrome is also poor enough that in a year it may well look worse. Different bikes have different strengths and weaknesses so find out before buying. Bikes are addictive but incerdibly good fun, and even now I finally have a car licence, the bike still is first on my list to get to work. Another bonus I found was by having classic bikes for a decade before getting a car means I have never paid over 400 for insurance, ever. Compare that to what car driver pay starting at age 18 or so.....
Old 08-04-2015, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Greetins frum Naarfuck! You young wiper snapper you! Listen wisely and don't automatically go for the pocket rocket 125's and you will save yourself a whole lot of dosh on insurance and just keep you licence a wee bit longer! But boy you is sill going to enjoy biking! Oh and expect a ribbing or twl from us oldies! It's only in fun, coz we is just jelus...jeliou.... green with envy at your yoof!

PS, I don't know how to use Twitter either... so you're not alone....