100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 15-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Chat Virgin

Default Street Glide

Any thoughts on the Harley Street Glide ???

i dont own a car so bike is only transport and the street glide seems to offer some welcome conveniences... screen, luggage etc

alternatives that are better ?? Road King ??

Had a vindaloo last night and today my arse really stings.......couldn't afford to pay the bill, so the chef bummed me
Old 16-05-2014, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

You seem to have your mind set on a Harley so it's no good suggesting a rice burner..decide what sort of riding you are going to do, long runs, city to city on good roads, maybe with a radio, then maybe a big bike is for you..dirt tracks, single lane with steephills and very tight hairpin bends then something smaller that you can ride up those 1 in 4 mountain roads..as you have just come out of the forces and have a bit of spare money burning a hole in your pocket I would suggest that you buy something disposable that will get the initial fire out of your system and give you something to ride while you are deciding, spend under a grand on something with a good MOT that you can ride a few places then by knowing what it's limits are you will get a better idea of whats best for you..You won't get a harley for that, but you should get a Honda Shadow or other Jap V-twin which you will be able to resell without losing money when you have made your mind up..

John.
Old 16-05-2014, 06:20 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Rocket III Touring. Four words - Bigger, faster, cheaper, British. I win that argument

Old 16-05-2014, 07:18 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

and pig ugly to boot mortis....

and as for street glides and road kings, i believe there could be a motorcycle in there under all that crap!
Old 16-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
You seem to have your mind set on a Harley so it's no good suggesting a rice burner..decide what sort of riding you are going to do, long runs, city to city on good roads, maybe with a radio, then maybe a big bike is for you..dirt tracks, single lane with steephills and very tight hairpin bends then something smaller that you can ride up those 1 in 4 mountain roads..as you have just come out of the forces and have a bit of spare money burning a hole in your pocket I would suggest that you buy something disposable that will get the initial fire out of your system and give you something to ride while you are deciding, spend under a grand on something with a good MOT that you can ride a few places then by knowing what it's limits are you will get a better idea of whats best for you..You won't get a harley for that, but you should get a Honda Shadow or other Jap V-twin which you will be able to resell without losing money when you have made your mind up..

John.
As I dont use a car the what type of riding is less of a choice and more of a where do i need to get to, had my sportster for over 3 years now and been nice to have but also nice to have some hard saddlebags and something a bit more substantial in the power department, they are expensive i agree but cheaper than a new ford focus.
lookin for summit around 3 years old

Had a vindaloo last night and today my arse really stings.......couldn't afford to pay the bill, so the chef bummed me
Old 16-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by critch View Post

and as for street glides and road kings, i believe there could be a motorcycle in there under all that crap!
is this a rocket ???

wild hogs
Attached Images

Old 16-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by critch View Post

You, sir, have no taste in motorcycles!

OK, that last line has let you off

Old 17-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Chatter Box

Lightbulb

I've got a road king I've had it now coming on to eight years ,never let me down and I've done 35'0000 miles regarding luggage pack lighter .roadking more lighter than glide but glide gives you more protection to elements and luggage space .