100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > New Member Introductions

Notices

Old 27-03-2014, 03:49 AM
Chat Virgin

Default New Member

Hi.
My name is Rob and I thought I might introduce myself here. I've recently completed a Cafe Racer project. Hopefully, I'll post some pics on here soon to see what you think.
Old 27-03-2014, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Greetins frum Naarfuck!

Nice machine! Yamaha ss50? They is rare as rocking horse shit now! And quicker than the FS1E if memory serves me. Personally I'd put the Malaguti Olympique I had all them years ago up against the Yam! but they were prone to breaking down a bit! Typical Eyetie electrics! Especially in the wet. It was most impressive with its one into two exhaust as well....
Old 28-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Greetins frum Naarfuck!

Nice machine! Yamaha ss50? They is rare as rocking horse shit now! And quicker than the FS1E if memory serves me. Personally I'd put the Malaguti Olympique I had all them years ago up against the Yam! but they were prone to breaking down a bit! Typical Eyetie electrics! Especially in the wet. It was most impressive with its one into two exhaust as well....
Hi Friar Tuck,
Yes my first bike was a Yammie SS50 and they are, indeed, rare as rocking horse shit. Several of my mates had Fs1Es but I could never tell the difference in either looks or performance other than the actual badge on the side panels. There was a guy locally who had a Malaguti of some sort. It was an awesome looking machine that we used to drool over. It used to blow us Fizzies into the weeds but we almost always passed it further down the road when it stopped. Another mate had a Garelli Tiger Cross which was capable of passing our Fizzies once in a blue moon when the planetary systems were in the correct alignment and if it wasn't raining. On these very rare occasions he would disappear out in front and we wouldn't see him for the rest of the night. Every time that happened though, we'd learn the next day that he'd broken down and needed the help of his Dad with his pick-up truck to get him home. I don't recall if Dickie on his Garelli ever got to go head to head with the rich kid on the Malaguti. I suppose the likelihood of both bikes running well at the same time would have had odds similar to winning the Euromillions twice in a row.
Those were the days ehh!
Old 29-03-2014, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, blimey I had a tiger Cross. I bought it off a school mate for 50. It never did run. no matter what I tried to do to it! Just continually used to flood!

Blimey, when I think of some of the bikes I had I wonder why I bothered with 'em! Yet here I am thirty odd years later still playing with 'em and still wondering why I bother..... Must the DNA or just stooped!
Old 29-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Must the DNA or just stooped!
Aye well guess which one the majority of members on here will vote fer........

Fizzie was mines bright yellow was still running about our place 10 years after I had it and it was a good few years old when I got it ....thought I was the dogs doodads on it. 16 years old going to school on ma wee fizzie marlon Brando wis a pussy compared to me.#

Oh aye and welcome to the forum.

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/
Old 29-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

I'd vote for the latter, personally!