100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 10-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Angry Merry fucking christmas to pikey's!

Only in England could this happen:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tive-site.html

How about just getting a bulldozer and crushing the lot.

Maybe I could get the council to give me a few hundred quid to change the tyres on my bike. Oh shit no, that won't work will it? I am a white Anglo Saxon, disabled War Pensioner. Me and countless others, far worse off than me, just do not count. After all I am a tax payer, so I deserve to get ripped off by the council.

I must keep paying while scum get preferential treatment. I must keep paying while scum get preferential treatment. I must keep paying while scum get preferential treatment. I must keep paying while scum get preferential treatment.

Nope, no matter how many times I say it, it doesn't make any sense. The only good news here, is that this is not in Somerset.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony

its alarming just how much this goes on

by my work we have some parked buses and caravans, its a friggin eyesore to be honest, customers have to drive by it, some wont leave the cars unattended as they worried about them LOL

tried asking one of the guys when they were going, he says he cant go anywhere as the 2 huge old buses he has there arent roadworthy, next I hear that hes had £2000 fund to make them roadworthy and put fuel in one so he can move on.

they dissapeared for quite a while, they magically managed to afford to go to some festivals and travelling LOL

not seen them for ages, asked around as the vehicles etc as well as gas bottles and cars etc are still there, apparantly he needed an operation, but couldnt have the operation as they wouldnt release him home to a bus, so they been given a beautiful cottage up on the moors!!!!

spoken with the landlord of the units up in london, they dont give a shit about the mess as they cant see it, if it going to be moved then they say that they will have it done and divide the bill twixt the units here.

the whole system is a friggin joke, the people I know on full disability, with free car etc, yet regularly at the gym, work as security, earn a fortune and yet still get tax credits etc???

3 doors down from me is a family that apparantly cant work?? I know the daughters got epilepsy, but its ridiculous, they have 4 cars, 2 brand new and other 2 are 05 plate at oldest, Im not being funny but why do you need 2 free brand new cars on disability for a daughter with epilepsy? apparantly mother only has auto license and father wont drive an auto, so they get 2 cars

WTF!!!!

god help the world if I ever find out I got a terminal illness, that last week or so of my life will be one hell of a mess LOL
Old 10-12-2013, 11:50 AM

There seems to be a misconception here, people are being all lumped together as 'travellers' and generally Travellers are thought to be 'pikeys or tinkers, gypsies etc' but in a lot of cases, particularly those here that are said to be in buses and old vans... they are just dossers.. the real pikeys or travellers wouldnt be seen dead in vans or buses... dont judge them all the same...
We spend a lot of time in France, where gypsy sites are very well looked after, clean, tidy, plenty of facilities and plenty of sites too... in all the time we have spent in France Ive never seen or heard of trouble with them... they keep to themselves and there isnt even a lot of crime, we stayed on a campsite just across the field from a big site, no problems at all...
Its just the uk who seems to handle the whole thing badly and it escalates into trouble... my opinion...thats all...
Pat ducks down ready for missiles to fly
Old 10-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

In my opinion the biggest problem is that a lot of the government consists of young ex public school boys who probably got bullied at school, so now they see what they think is a chance to get back at those bullies, the words prududice, and minority, are the magic words..These government people always live in areas where they might have a token very rich 'Johnny foreigner' and think they are nice people, in fact they think they are so nice they give them some pretty good jobs as government advisors, or put them up to be MP's..meanwhile, in the real world we get to live in ghettos where our kids go to schools where they are the only indiginous kids in the class.

Of course we could all say, 'Dont worry, soon we will be the minority and then it will be our turn to get all the freebies'..yeah that's never going to happen because by then the laws will have changed and we will all have to point towards Mecca and pray six times a day because we will be the minority and have to abide by majority rule..

But this is the pub, maybe I have had a few drinks and am just waffling, and as I said, it is just my opinion.

John.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

As far as travellers are concerned..here is my understanding..

Gypsies were people who lived in caravans, parked in woods, made and sold clothes pegs and carved dolls told fortunes and generally kept their heads down, and kept to themselves...I wonder where the phrase "you've been gypped" comes from.

Pikies were gypsies who managed to get a free council house and didn't want the hard life of a gypsy so they took the house and went scrapping, and bought a good posh caravan and travelled during the warm weather.

Travellers were usually poorer pikies who worked on fairgrounds 'when there were jobs' and claimed whatever they could.

Many of these people would have sticky fingers and probably figured that if it wasn't tied down and guarded as they passed then it was communial property.

What interests me is how a lot of new EU members can get on a ferry with an expensive caravan and sign on for benefits because they are homeless, even if the government manage to pass the new law about not claiming benefits for the first few months of arriving in this country, they already have somewhere to live and only have to get an agency job for a few months and they are set for life.

Because all of the above, 'when travelling' are without a fixed address they manage to evade the law due to the high cost of processing an arrest, If the police arrest one of them his or her extended family will park somewhere close to the police station and cause so much strain on the local community that the police will think twice before doing it again.

John.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:38 AM

Couldn't help the red mist this morning when I read the article.

As I understand it, the council have already spent a lot of council tax payers money, on developing a permanent site for travellers. The idea being that if there is an official site with proper modern amenities, the travellers could move onto the new site. They would have a formal lease, pay rent and council tax. Paying rent and council tax would at least contribute to the system they are currently abusing.

The travellers do not want to move onto the new site, or they would have done so already. This begs the question, "Why do they not want to move onto the new site". At a guess they are not willing to move because at the moment, they are regarded as homeless. Homeless people do not pay rent or council tax and they can of course deny being resident at any address. Which of course makes it much harder for authorities to trace them and make them pay what they owe.

End result of that is that the new site, whatever it cost to build, is largely under occupied and not returning the revenue it should be doing. So the council still have the original problem, but it is now much worse because they have to justify the cost of the new camp and its on going costs. A bad situation made worse, by interfering do gooders, spending tax payers money on their liberal ideas.

That bad situation is now about to get a whole lot worse, because the same interfering, liberal do gooders want to hand out large amounts of council tax payers money to people that want all the benefits of our society without making any valid contribution. Not sure who I think is worst, the pikeys that are destroying a natural beauty spot or the liberal do gooders being so generous with the public purse.

No idea who owns the land the pikeys have descended on, but there is a new law about squatting. Destruction of property that does not belong to you is called Criminal Damage, an offence for which you can be arrested. Why have the police not moved in and made arrests? How many of the vehicles at the site are legally owned, taxed and tested, fully insured? Any one of those vehicles could be involved in an incident that takes you or one of your mates out permanently. With absolutely no comeback on the guilty party, because they will just drive away and hide or destroy the vehicle by fire.

I have absolutely no love for the government or the law. The law is there to be obeyed weather we like or agree with it or not. If any of us decided to take over a building or piece of land, then refuse to move, leave huge piles of rubbish around, use the hedges for toilets and make locals lives a misery, we would be arrested pretty quickly. The majority of us abide by the rules and pay our dues. Failure to comply is often a hell of a lot more hassle and cost than complying, but we do it because we a) Don't want the hassle and b) Don't think it is right to sponge off society, live in filth and be despised by everyone around us.

So it boils down to one law for pikeys and another for everybody else. At the very best it is one law for us and a fundamental failure to apply the law to those that decide to live outside of normal society.

Just think about all the implications of the way pikeys live, how much they cost everybody else and the gross injustice towards being a biker and living an alternative lifestyle. What price freedom eh?

Chopper

Old 11-12-2013, 08:47 AM

Hhahaah, I live in a motorhome, we travel and park more or less where we like, we dont pay, we dont stay in any one country long enough to pay taxes, we dont contribute... Im a pikey....
Old 12-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Chat Pimp

Send a message via AIM to robbum

I may be biased or slightly misguided here and my pathologies to anyone who gets upset by this. Having Romany blood in the family it gets annoying that a majority of gypsies that are portrayed on the TV (fucking media strikes again) are the Irish variants as in gypsy life for me. A majority of these are the ones that everyone follows in the news as it sells paperless. But surely it's not who is the recipient of the money that was the original issue but the fact that someone is being given a substantial amount of tax streamlined but failing to co tribute in any way, shape or form. It's no different to me in a way. Three years ago my partnerships her foot. Nothing major, she has since developed a condition called complex regional pain syndrome and now I have given up work to me heroics bearable. Does this make me as bad as I have a disability car? I can see why it's an issue to many and I included that people take but never give and it infuriates me. But I would be at work same as always if I could, in some areas now it is fourth or fifth generation unemployed and don't know ow to or understand discomfort of work.
So why do all people of no fixed abode suddenly become gypsies, pikeys, travellers or whatever your local term is?
The answer is because they are lower class and opt not to have4 solid walls.
If you live in a barge on the canals are you a traveller or someone who successfully escaped the city?
It's designed to incite emotional divide inter people of this country.
I also digress from original statement, I'd love to see myself as a true Englishman that works and looks after king and country, I'm in southeast of country and I'm not English, I'm white, mid to late 30s, always been in UK and stopped work recently. Am I as bad as the peopor in the article?
If someone wanted to give me a shitload of cash I'd take it and I know a majority on here would too, so it's not what is being done but to who is the issue and as per usual the Medicaid we it up and a majority of unknowing g people jump on and carry it through the night.

Sorry to go off topic and go on but it irritates the life out of me when people judge because it's what the media want. I'm not a true Englishman at all, I'm in an area that has had the Romans, Normans and many others come in and spread their seed throughout history, so how can we have the largest following of BNP in this area? It's bollocks, media, misunderstanding and judgemental people now.

Thank you allowing an incoherent rant and one once again apologies for any parts that annoy.

Love and respect to all until you have a personal reason not to is my opinion and hopefully I will keep that until I'm gone.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Chat Pimp

Send a message via AIM to robbum

P.S.
(Latin post scripture means after writing) stolen from non English over 1500 years ago and still in use.
Sorry for any words that may not make sense, dodgy spacebar and autocorrect on iPad.
Old 14-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Chat Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbum View Post
It's designed to incite emotional divide inter people of this country.
Divide and conquer; keeps us in our place and them in charge (with all the cash). Nowt new there, but those amongst "us" who work actively against the rest of us are as big a part of the problem as those in charge. Stereotpes and prejudices need feeding or they wither and die. Those who perpetuate the steroetype cause as much issue as those who'll buy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
At a guess they are not willing to move because at the moment, they are regarded as homeless. Homeless people do not pay rent or council tax and they can of course deny being resident at any address. Which of course makes it much harder for authorities to trace them and make them pay what they owe.

What price freedom eh? Never met anyone who could afford freedom - way above the pay grade of the masses
Chopper
Interesting point on homelessness. Am I right in thinking that vagrancy is still a crime in of itself in the UK? Perhaps something the "now-elected" police chiefs might want to bear in mind when the next round of petty crime waves accompanies the arrival of traveller sites [The Mrs used to work in Boots in Beckton and everytime the gypsies arrived all the fragrance and beauthy products walked out the store onto stalls at the local market. Stalls that mysteriously weren't there before their arrival nor after their departure. Requests for refunds on those items due to "allergic reactions" went up 100 fold too].
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Pat View Post
We spend a lot of time in France, where gypsy sites are very well looked after, clean, tidy, plenty of facilities and plenty of sites too... in all the time we have spent in France Ive never seen or heard of trouble with them... they keep to themselves and there isnt even a lot of crime, we stayed on a campsite just across the field from a big site, no problems at all...
Its just the uk who seems to handle the whole thing badly and it escalates into trouble... my opinion...thats all...
Pat ducks down ready for missiles to fly
The same France that launched a massive GTFO our country in 2009?
Old 15-12-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
Divide and conquer; keeps us in our place and them in charge (with all the cash). Nowt new there, but those amongst "us" who work actively against the rest of us are as big a part of the problem as those in charge. Stereotpes and prejudices need feeding or they wither and die. Those who perpetuate the steroetype cause as much issue as those who'll buy it

Interesting point on homelessness. Am I right in thinking that vagrancy is still a crime in of itself in the UK? Perhaps something the "now-elected" police chiefs might want to bear in mind when the next round of petty crime waves accompanies the arrival of traveller sites [The Mrs used to work in Boots in Beckton and everytime the gypsies arrived all the fragrance and beauthy products walked out the store onto stalls at the local market. Stalls that mysteriously weren't there before their arrival nor after their departure. Requests for refunds on those items due to "allergic reactions" went up 100 fold too].

The same France that launched a massive GTFO our country in 2009?
Can only say what my experience was.. and that was wide across france and all the spring and summer, we saw literally dozens of sites, permanat ones, all clean tidy not the filthy disgusting places you see here, it begs the question.. why so clean and nice there ... and not here... why do the uk travellers make such mess...
Old 15-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

[QUOTE=Fenrir;645989]

Interesting point on homelessness. Am I right in thinking that vagrancy is still a crime in of itself in the UK? Perhaps something the "now-elected" police chiefs might want to bear in mind when the next round of petty crime waves accompanies the arrival of traveller sites [

= plod are scared of pikies cos pikies fight back = not gonna happen

the law is only used now for poor people n motorists, we are cash cows.

s'true. innit

Old 15-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

I'm afraid many more of us believe that the law and the police force is mainly a tool of the government to harvest income for the government..

What started as a great thing to protect the people has changed, the Americans have ''to protect and serve'' written on their cars and badges, our police force are above serving the people so they have ''to protect and advise'' written on our police cars..I can see in the future it may have ''to issue fines''..Try telling a cop who has stopped you because you are filtering or because he want's to check your papers, that he is a public servant and that you would like some civility, or even asking him for his number and he may charge you with threatening behavour.

Unfortunately once the government find a way to extract money from the people they never cancel it..In Wales we have to pay a tax of 5p on every carrier bag we use, this is to protect the envioronment and the 5p is supposed to go to a charity..there is no enforcement or accounting, it is self regulating and the shop can choose the charity..but it is another thing we are forced by law to pay for..because I buy about four carrier bags each day I figure that is my donation to charity and no longer give as much to any other charities, just a bit to the local fire brigade and RBL...but I am still using just as many carrier bags so I can't see how charging me for them is helping to save the environment.

How this got from Merry Christmas to moaning about the police I don't know, so I'll shut up now.

John.
Old 15-12-2013, 02:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to BikerGran

I used to work for the local police, and there's a lot in what you say, they are really just a 'box ticking' organisation now.

They used to be called "The Police Force" - now they are "The Police Service" - can't have anyone thing they might exert any force can we? All down to government tikering and do-goodering.

Same with the "Fire Brigade" which is now the "Fire Service" - they used to have ranks which clearly said what they did, ie 'sub officer' 'station officer' etc ... but those were deemed to be 'too military' by our esteemed (or not) government, and have been reoplaced with 'Watch manager A' and 'Watch manager B'.
In an organisation which clearly needs a military style discipline to do what it does, no wonder you know have firefighters suing the Fire Service because the fitness tests are too tough!

....and breathe.........
Old 15-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Chat Pimp

Quote:
Can only say what my experience was.. Indeed, just suprised I guess when my own previous knoweldge of France and Roma was the 2009 kicking out why do the uk travellers make such mess...
+1 to that. Happened in a few areas around here - lots of protected greenbelt in these parts.
I get that the bin men don't exactly add them to the round, but why does anyone want to live and raise kids amongst piles of rotting binbags and abandoned fridges (and seriously,what's with all the knackered white goods?!)
Old 15-12-2013, 03:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to BikerGran

I'm probably a bit older than most on here, and I grew up in an area of Worcestershire where we had gypsies (Romanies) and Travellers arriving every summer to do veg and fruit picking, so I got to speak to them fairly often and got to know them a bit.

They were two very seperate peoples, but the Travellers of that time weren't just a rabble like they are now - like the Romanies they were a distinct ethnic group and they took pride in that. They would be horrified to be associated with the people who are called travellers now (who used to be known as New Age Travellers). I don't think there are too many of them still on the road but every year when the Great Dorset Steam Fair is coming up, we get a few small, probably family, groups staying in their motor hauled and horse hauled vans, on some of the wide roadside verges near here.
You can tell they're the real article because when they move on, the only sign they've been there is some flattened grass and a few wheel marks.
Old 15-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Jedi Chat Master

this might be a help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6i1U...95AD2F8C83CCCE
Old 23-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Chat Virgin

Default Moron

Is it compulsory to be a complete moron on this forum?
Old 23-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by george shuttleworth View Post
Is it compulsory to be a complete moron on this forum?
No but it helps
Old 23-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Chatter Box

Old 23-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Are you two deliberately trying to raise Chop's blood pressure by bringing this thread up again?
Old 24-01-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufkamp View Post
Are you two deliberately trying to raise Chop's blood pressure by bringing this thread up again?
I really don't give a fuck. They can all fuck off and when they have done that, they can fuck off some more.

Chopper

Old 24-01-2014, 10:42 AM

Ooooh you are so macho ... I take it that doesnt mean me ? I'm a 'no fixed abode' person too remember...
Old 24-01-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon-tony View Post

the whole system is a friggin joke, the people I know on full disability, with free car etc, yet regularly at the gym,
Car is not Free,you hand over part of your DLA benefits that the government pays you to assist you in getting around. A benefit like farm subsidies,tax credits,family credits etc
My wife does not go to the gym but she exercises regularly at home,hence she has lost a shit load of weight,BP down and other health benefits after having a mini stroke 18 month ago. As is often the case with people receiving DLA,the doc recommended it as in the long run it save tax payer via NHS costs.
In the meantime people like me who care for people like her,on DLA save the tax payer £119 million a year
Old 24-01-2014, 11:09 AM

Talking

Quote:
Ooooh you are so macho ... I take it that doesnt mean me ? I'm a 'no fixed abode' person too remember...
YOU????

I would tie you to a chair and leave chocolates just out of reach.

Chopper

Old 24-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
In the meantime people like me who care for people like her,on DLA save the tax payer £119 million a year
wot, personally?

Old 24-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
YOU????

I would tie you to a chair and leave chocolates just out of reach.

Chopper
i take it Chop, that that its rainin chap n u cant get out n about n do yer plot work...

re above: i'd just give pat a bit o'paper with pto on both sides...that'd fox her fer a while...
Old 24-01-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickturate View Post
i take it Chop, that that its rainin chap n u cant get out n about n do yer plot work...

re above: i'd just give pat a bit o'paper with pto on both sides...that'd fox her fer a while...
It is absolutely pissing down, so I'm just thinking about Pat tied to a chair and the host of opportunities that presents. Might paint her glasses with yoghurt and tie her hair up with gaffa tape. Now where are those cable ties????

Chopper

Old 24-01-2014, 01:15 PM

PMSL....Chop... when you're big enough mate, you'll be too bloody old...
Old 24-01-2014, 01:22 PM

Mind you, Rik will possibly doing that in a couple of hours , as I am due to have my tooth out at 3pm... note I said... due to.. as far as I'm concerned nothing is definate... I have a happy pill to take in just over half an hour to stop me running away... but... you never know...