100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 15-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Default Named doctors for over 75s

Wow! in a few years I will have my own named doctor, This means that when I hit 75 I will get a letter telling me that all my treatment will be covered or overseen by Dr Mohamid or Dr Singh or Dr Sahid..

So what difference will that make..

When I signed on at the local surgery, I signed on with one of the doctors, I don't go to the doctors but if I did I would see whoever was available, they don't give you one to take home and take out of the cupboard when you need him..

GP's usually have about two thousand patients on their books that they get paid for, for my town that means about eight doctors..so I'm going to be allocated one of them along with two thousand other people.

I think I'd rather fall off a motorcycle and under a truck at a combined speed of at least 140 mph.

Another great policy from those wonderful people who run our country, and the several million pounds they paid the commitee that came up with the idea was very well spent in this time when we have so much spare money..

If we get a choice of who our named doctor will be, I want the one that looks after the Royal family..I bet there is no way he went to the same school as any doctor in my town.

John.
Old 17-11-2013, 12:42 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Wow! in a few years I will have my own named doctor, This means that when I hit 75 I will get a letter telling me that all my treatment will be covered or overseen by Dr Mohamid or Dr Singh or Dr Sahid..

So what difference will that make..

When I signed on at the local surgery, I signed on with one of the doctors, I don't go to the doctors but if I did I would see whoever was available, they don't give you one to take home and take out of the cupboard when you need him..

GP's usually have about two thousand patients on their books that they get paid for, for my town that means about eight doctors..so I'm going to be allocated one of them along with two thousand other people.

I think I'd rather fall off a motorcycle and under a truck at a combined speed of at least 140 mph.

Another great policy from those wonderful people who run our country, and the several million pounds they paid the commitee that came up with the idea was very well spent in this time when we have so much spare money..

If we get a choice of who our named doctor will be, I want the one that looks after the Royal family..I bet there is no way he went to the same school as any doctor in my town.

John.
Any VET treating you will of course be a true Welshman: Dr Mohamid or Dr Singh or Dr Sahid..

Do they know one end of a sheep from the other? Or do they only molest dogs, donkeys, goats and camels?

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 17-11-2013, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think they have much to do with pigs.

John.
Old 18-11-2013, 08:30 AM

Here I get to choose my doctor, but it costs me 60 euros to see him... and A&E costs 50euros just to walk through the door...
A prescription of two or three items could cost even more....
Its our choice to live here, but the NHS isnt all bad...and compared to some places, you are in clover.
Old 18-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

I think there may be a reciprocal agreement with the NHS so that you can claim the costs back, I have a friend who lives here and she and her kids are from portugal..they don't pay anything for NHS treatment..Maybe you have to contact the health service here first, but I'm pretty sure you can arrange something.

John.
Old 18-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Jedi Chat Master

I had a trip away to a mates hose in Spain.A few doors up from the bar was a medical centre ,which had the notice...'English speaking doctors here'.........I thought 'thats a brilliant idea.........should have them back in the Uk'
Old 18-11-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
I think there may be a reciprocal agreement with the NHS so that you can claim the costs back, I have a friend who lives here and she and her kids are from portugal..they don't pay anything for NHS treatment..Maybe you have to contact the health service here first, but I'm pretty sure you can arrange something.

John.
Oh yes there is, I have my european health card and everything... but I live here... the reciprical agreement is only for holidays etc.. Im a pt resident..
Old 18-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Well hold on a minute, my friend lives here and has done for several years, she claims family benefit for her children, dentistry, glasses, free prescriptions, even a council tax rebate, so why doesn't it work both ways..I'm sure it would be against some European law, or maybe racial predudice if someone from Europe was not allowed to claim all the freebies that we are entitled to..Are you sure there isn't some way of claiming your medical bills back that you don't know about?

People born in Great Britain are the least likely to be told what benefits they are entitled to.

John.
Old 18-11-2013, 09:39 PM

No.. Im sure, your friend as a uk resident is entitled like everyone else t claim whatever benefits she likes.
I though as Pt resident is entitled to bugger all.
We have to have either private health care insurance... or pay to go private . Both are very expensive.
Even for Pt folk they still have to pay the hospital charges and prescription charges for medicine can sometimes be almost a weeks wages, you hear stories reguarly of people dying cos they cannot afford the medicine...
Old 18-11-2013, 09:40 PM

as I left uk eight years ago I am no longer resident so entitled to nothing from Uk at all..