100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 22-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Chat Slapper

Default Motorcycle Action Group not good

Just been reading The Road magazine that MAG dose. After reading a article that Ian Mutch, President of MAG has put in, I'm feeling a bit dismayed, so I will quote what he has put.

"Majority of riders in this country and in Europe around 98% don't deserve rights, they don't deserve liberties, they don't deserve motorcycles and they certainly don't deserve to enjoy the efforts of an organisation like MAG"

This is in as I say The Road that MAG sells to non members at stalls and gives to its members, it's in issue 48 on page 53 and it's about being a active member of MAG and riders not being a member. What gets me, is I always understood MAG as a riders right group for all bike riders not just MAG members with its mane thing as riders choices to do what they think is right but if this is the new thinking of MAG that you need to be a member of MAG and be active to have rights then I'm sending my membership card back.
Old 22-08-2013, 05:37 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

without being able to read the full article its difficult to put what is said in perspective,maybe you could copy the full write up,i may see what was said diffurently
Old 22-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Chat Slut

He says things like that because he thinks he's important.

Some say he's a cock.
Old 22-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Jedi Chat Master

MAG no comment
Old 22-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphbill View Post

Some say he's a cock.
Well said that man.
Old 22-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not a member but I really don't see any point in becoming one..The last protest bought thousands of non members out on the motorways, myself included, where we rode for a few miles at slow speed in the inside lane, people came out to see the shiney motorcycles and wave and the press said only a few bikes attended.

In the meantime the European riders blocked their cities..

As far as an action group can any MAG member explain why the motorcycle driving test is so much more complicated than the car test and why upon passing the car test in a 500cc fiat you can go out and drive a 3,500cc Jaguar but if you pass the bike test on a 125cc motorbike you can't ride a 600cc bike..

The excuse that not every biker is a MAG member doesn't wash because when someone arranges a protest ride most bikers who turn up are not members.

John.
Old 22-08-2013, 07:33 PM

I await a response from mag before I pass comment on the disparity between car licence and bike,its just out right discrimination.
Old 23-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale rider View Post
without being able to read the full article its difficult to put what is said in perspective,maybe you could copy the full write up,i may see what was said differently
I agree, especially as the original post could be construed as selective editing.
Ian Mutch has apparently been know for some controversial outbursts in the past, so without reading the full article (which is highly unlikely as I`m not & never will be a MAG member) I`ll take the original post with a pinch of salt
Old 23-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Here ya go, so you can all read it in context.

http://content.yudu.com/A2c5eo/thero...outmag%2Fa6329

Bit of a drama queen aint ya GS Kat? In any event, there should be a disclaimer somewhere that the editor's ramblings are not necessarily the views of MAG.

I'm off. MAG bashers boil me pish and it's Frida. Enjoy yer debate folks.
Old 23-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony

MAG is there if you want to join or not, its your choice.

thats how I see it, just like jehovas witness, so if you shove the membership down my throat and generally go on at me as Im not a member, please dont be insulted when I respond with the same attitude and anger as I use towards the jehovas etc

a couple of the locals are worse than the bible bashers, at least the goddies go away when you tell them to.
Old 23-08-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
As far as an action group can any MAG member explain why the motorcycle driving test is so much more complicated than the car test and why upon passing the car test in a 500cc fiat you can go out and drive a 3,500cc Jaguar but if you pass the bike test on a 125cc motorbike you can't ride a 600cc bike..
I passed a restricted test on 125 and bought a 650, restricted to 33bhp... I see this hasn't really changed and do recommend as the way to go, because I got used to the bike before going full power.

But I see your point as car drivers should have the same restriction...
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 23-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Actually it has changed a lot - this is a government/mci funded site

http://www.geton.co.uk/Routes_to_Riding_January_2013

it is very very complicated now there is AM A1 A2 & A licences and direct access is now >24 years. Between the ages of 17 & 19 you are restricted to a 125 even with a test pass (A1) then you can take another test and be allowed up to 46bhp (A2) when you hit 19 which you will be stuck with for 2 years or until you reach 24 when you can take yet another test to ride unrestricted (A). You will also need to do a cbt initially and both a hazard perception and theory test (even if you have a car licence as they are distinct from the car versions) - there is no longer an automatic greater entitlement after 2 years you have to do a further test.

I am in MAG and have been a local liaison with our council getting secure bike parking and bikes in bus lanes - the driving licence stuff is not something UK specific it is the 3rd European driving licence directive and when you whinge at the government they just say that they had to implement it , it will now be the same over the entire of EU and they left it as late a possible.

I suspect what mutchie was saying was not so much "if you are not in mag you don't deserve to ride" but "if you don't stick up for your own rights don't expect others to do it for you" or "don't sit there doing nothing then whine that someone else hasn't stopped your rights being eroded - go and make yourself heard". MAG is just one vehicle to allow your voice to be heard
Old 23-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Chat Slapper

I must addmit I do in some point agry with him, as I've been a local rep and a active member for years, but what I may think to myself and what I put in writing are two differnt things, and when you are in such a place as Mutchy you do need to watch what you say/put in print, but what he is saying at the start of the pice as to how easy it is to contact your MP/MEP now a days is wright, but to finish it with what is quoted is out of order, I aways beleved MAG was there for all riders not just active MAG members, he needs to think before slaming most riders.
Old 23-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurzel View Post
I suspect what mutchie was saying was not so much "if you are not in mag you don't deserve to ride" but "if you don't stick up for your own rights don't expect others to do it for you" or "don't sit there doing nothing then whine that someone else hasn't stopped your rights being eroded - go and make yourself heard". MAG is just one vehicle to allow your voice to be heard
That sounds fair enough to me, to be honest it's the sort of thing I would say.

John.
Old 23-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Chat Virgin

Default mag

I was in mag when it started until I realized that mag actually means Mutual Appreciation Group . All tossers at the top
Old 23-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Chat Slapper

Mutch is a self-important knobhead. Always has been. Just the sort of curtain-twitcher the free-thinking biker could do without.

I'm pleased to consider myself part of any majority/minority that he isn't a representative of.
Old 23-08-2013, 06:19 PM

mag sounds like the unions,talk a load of sheite about protecting your rights but do nothing,all they want to do is protect there well payed jobs,payed out of your subs.i quit the union they screwed me out of my job and thousnds of pounds
Old 23-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

I went to a MAG Rally about 5 years ago, with my club. We were comprehensively ignored by MAG members, as were any other non-members.

So fuck it.

Last edited by droid; 23-08-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 23-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphbill View Post

Some say he's a cock.
And he is extremely short ...... SMS
Old 23-08-2013, 08:56 PM

I have shorty tattooed on my cock,when it gets hard it says shortys bar and grill Manchester north west england BB89LP tel 075932707616 fax 252707108 in large one inch letters.
Old 23-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Chat Slapper

Quote:
I have shorty tattooed on my cock,when it gets hard it says shortys bar and grill Manchester north west england BB89LP tel 075932707616 fax 252707108 in large one inch letters.
Any excuse to get a stranger to fondle your junk.
Old 23-08-2013, 10:02 PM

Used to be in MAG ,was a huge supporter then a local rep.
Part of the Storming committee as well.
Then they had a knob as a local rep, mainly as he was kicked out of every club he had joined locally.
Had some probs ,our club wrote to MAG.
Response was we started before you did so we know best.
Now won’t give that org the time of day
Old 24-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
mag sounds like the unions,talk a load of sheite about protecting your rights but do nothing,all they want to do is protect there well payed jobs,payed out of your subs.i quit the union they screwed me out of my job and thousnds of pounds
talk about CROWBAR yer politics into a conversation...
&
from earlier:
I await a response from mag before I pass comment on the disparity between car licence and bike,its just out right discrimination.

hmnnn, you wanna complain about discrimination? in the w/place its your union that got equality laws made, unions gave you the weekend etc.

its anti union bollix that got us to a place where we have folk on zero hours contracts & NO workplace rights, pensions or holidays....

but just to lighten up: http://i.imgur.com/XlEUZY4.gif

& yes, MAG are indeed up 'emselves, cos they think that only they make a difference...
Old 24-08-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Kat View Post
"Majority of riders in this country and in Europe around 98% don't deserve rights, they don't deserve liberties, they don't deserve motorcycles and they certainly don't deserve to enjoy the efforts of an organisation like MAG"
Despite the fact that he hates all that i stand for with a passion so he's not exactly on my Christmas card list, I agree with him. It's not MAG members who got the Cat And Fiddle roads, and the roads around Helmsley, and most other Sunday biker meeting places, swamped with speed cameras and bike cops, it's the Sunday race-rep riding wankers who blast around these roads at 140mph. The cops dont stalk the lines of bikes at Matlock measuring numberplates to harrass riders of cool bikes which would be spoilt by a full sized plate, they wanna find the dickheads who fir a 1" wide plate with italic or chinese-look lettering, so they can blast past a normal biker who's enjoying riding the roads at 80, at Warp Factor 10, as close as they can get away with.
It must be frustrating for MAG to fight for riders' rights, when pricks like these who dont give a flying fuck about other bikers, reap the odd benefit that MAG achieve.
Or the guys who choose to wear full hi-viz on their bikes, it must make an active MAG member think, What's the fucking POINT???
Most motorcyclists, i aint got nothing in common with, i wouldn't give 'em the time of day, let alone hours of my free time, they're leather-pyjama wearing dickheads, fuck 'em.
Old 24-08-2013, 09:13 AM

Good point Taff, I feel the same way.
Old 24-08-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickturate View Post
talk about CROWBAR yer politics into a conversation...
&
from earlier:

hmnnn, you wanna complain about discrimination? in the w/place its your union that got equality laws made, unions gave you the weekend etc.

its anti union bollix that got us to a place where we have folk on zero hours contracts & NO workplace rights, pensions or holidays....

but just to lighten up: http://i.imgur.com/XlEUZY4.gif

& yes, MAG are indeed up 'emselves, cos they think that only they make a difference...
well I was forced on to a zero hour contact,with no pention no sick pay,this was agreed on my behalf buy the union,we were not given a vote on it.or a ballot for strike action,some union,and ive had to sign a gagging clause,and as for crow barring my politics into the conversation I dont see any political statement from me,just fact,and I did not pass comment on mag,i use the words sounds like mag.
Old 24-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post
Despite the fact that he hates all that i stand for with a passion so he's not exactly on my Christmas card list, I agree with him. It's not MAG members who got the Cat And Fiddle roads, and the roads around Helmsley, and most other Sunday biker meeting places, swamped with speed cameras and bike cops, it's the Sunday race-rep riding wankers who blast around these roads at 140mph. The cops dont stalk the lines of bikes at Matlock measuring numberplates to harrass riders of cool bikes which would be spoilt by a full sized plate, they wanna find the dickheads who fir a 1" wide plate with italic or chinese-look lettering, so they can blast past a normal biker who's enjoying riding the roads at 80, at Warp Factor 10, as close as they can get away with.
It must be frustrating for MAG to fight for riders' rights, when pricks like these who dont give a flying fuck about other bikers, reap the odd benefit that MAG achieve.
Or the guys who choose to wear full hi-viz on their bikes, it must make an active MAG member think, What's the fucking POINT???
Most motorcyclists, i aint got nothing in common with, i wouldn't give 'em the time of day, let alone hours of my free time, they're leather-pyjama wearing dickheads, fuck 'em.
word for word, couldn't put that better
Old 24-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Used to be in MAG ,was a huge supporter then a local rep.
Part of the Storming committee as well.
Then they had a knob as a local rep, mainly as he was kicked out of every club he had joined locally.
Had some probs ,our club wrote to MAG.
Response was we started before you did so we know best.
Now won’t give that org the time of day
Is it not usually the way. an organisation starts with good intentions until people that let power go to their heads lose the plot and forget what they are supposed to be representing. think MAG has been this way for a long time. To many egos and power trips. Used to be a member, not any more
Old 24-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post
Taff, that's spot on
Old 24-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Chat Slapper

Erm... I just read the article properly (on a pc screen rather than squinting at my 'phone) and, while I 100% agree with Taff's point of view, I'm reading this slightly differently.

No-one can ever argue that they deserve representation if they aren't willing to stand up and be counted. However, that paragraph, in context, is IMO, saying that if you want to be counted, the only way to do it is through MAG.

If a rider doesn't join MAG, that rider effectively "don't care enough, or don't think anyone will listen to them". By inference, that puts non-MAG members in the 98%.

I'd argue that the percentage of dicks is relatively quite low, and natural selection tends to take it's toll - our spot is on a rural road not far from the Lakes - hundreds of bikes pass every week, and those that end up in hedges are typically the type that Taff describes - often much to my amusement.

Those idiots doubtless give the biker community a bad name, but it's the curtain-twitchers and authorities that are the true enemy of freedom.