100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > New Member Introductions

Notices

Old 14-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Chat Virgin

Smile Greetings

Hello.

I'm older than I wish I was. I still feel 17. I remember being taught about the 'new money' ... but on the bright side my hubby is older than me so at least I can laugh at him when I'm feeling old .

My wonderful BSA M20 - Bessie - is off the road and has been for a few years I'm afraid to say. I feel guilty at not having a bona fide Bike on the road other than one with peddles, a bell, a basket and lots of things to make it look good. I had hoped to get Bessie back on for 2013, but other things (garden, building a summer house, work, more work) all got in the way.

Hubby and I have owned Bessie since 1979, though he previously owned her in 1977. He bought her of Fred Beaumont in Kidderminster, but he swapped her for a Triumph with an idiot. Fortunately we got her back. I sold my Honda CD175 to pay for 75% of Bessie. Hubby paid the other 25%. In money that means I paid 150 and he paid 50 to make the 200 asked (those were the days eh?)

I hadn't passed my test so we fitted a sidecar. When I was expecting my son we bought a bigger sidecar :-)

The 25% hubby owns does move around so he usually owns the part that needs fixing. Though I have (many times - often at the side of the road) s spannered her and intend to carry on with that. As she is a single cylinder side-valve there isn't much to go wrong. But I don't 'do' gearboxes.

On the bright side the summerhouse will be ideal for a winter rebuild so Bessie can hit the road in 2014, because the brother-in-law who was entrusted with getting her mag-dyno rewound and lost it (somewhere in his house : is getting us a replacement - woohoo The photo of Bessie is without her tank as we were fitting a M21 Engine to get those valuable 100 extra cc's!

We did own a full-power V Max which we imported from Japan many moons ago (around 2000). Sadly the move to Brighton forced the sale of it :-( "Mr. Max" was the most fun you can have with your clothes on! And when the power boosters kicked in then it was ...
Attached Images

Old 14-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Jedi Chat Master

That'll teach me i saw your other posts first and thought i knew you

Never mind welcome anyway Dai
Old 14-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Chat Virgin

Thanks Dai xx
Old 15-05-2013, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Greetins frum Naarfuck!

I just bought my old Fazer Back and just spent a shit load of dosh getting him properly road worthy! Now its been bloody raining since!