100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 07-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Default Deer Cull

Up to 50% should be culled according to tonights news..

"We live on a small island and we just don't have enough room to allow them to go unchecked, so shooting them is the only real answer." said a spokesman..

They just come into this country and keep breeding, they cause road accidents and roam unchecked...

I agree..

Oh wait...he was talking about deer...

John.

Last edited by John Hopkins; 07-03-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Jedi Chat Master

I think we should have a cull of politicians too.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Chat Slapper

Can't we just tax the Deer, or the owner of the land their on ?

I'm sure I read that binge drinking and the such was becoming a problem, so the obvious answer is to put the price of booze up. That'll stop em !!

Road tax. Yeh, we need more money to fix the roads properly. I know. Lets fix the price and lull people into a false sense of security and get them to buy new cars with cheap tax, but massivley tax anyone who wants somethign over 1.8 litres. (270.00 for a 2.0 Focus) Bastards. It was cheaper to tax a 6.4 litre Pontiac !!!

Got a spare bedroom. Kerching !! I can see an opportunity there.

My tongue is firmly in my cheek. (Is it fuck) :-)
Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Cull the politicians fucking great idea

why can i tax Ann's car and mine for less than the bike or trike, two cars taxed for less than one bike fuck off that makes no sence to me
Old 08-03-2013, 01:46 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskers View Post
Cull the politicians fucking great idea

why can i tax Ann's car and mine for less than the bike or trike, two cars taxed for less than one bike fuck off that makes no sence to me
Sense, politicians and taxing are bad bed fellows. One politician will read statistics, facts and figures, make an assumption and then the others will jump on the band waggon. Other politicians will use the same statistics, facts and figures and try to convince the electorate that his ideas are the way forward. Never let common sense or intelligence get in the way of propoganda.

For example. Go and stand on any flyover that covers a major road going into any big city in the UK. Be there at rush hour. Doesn't matter which city, some are a lot worse than others.

Try and count the number of cars going inot the city with only the driver in it. Try and work out how much time they sit in thier cars with the engine running but not moving. Then count the motorcycles of all sizes and description moving steadily forward. Pay particular attention to the amount of space taken up by each motorcycle.

You do not need to be a Master of Science, physics, maths or be a government minister to recognise the hard fact, that motorcycles take up less space. They cause a hell of a lot less pollution. Most do much better MPG thancars. They do virtually no damage to the road surface or roadside furniture. You can park at least four times as many bikes as you can cars, in the same space.

Bearing these FACTS in mind, if I were a town councellour or a Traffic Department Minister, I would be thinking to myself. "The answer to our congestion is to encourage people onto motorcycles". I would be thinking of ways to encourage folk to buy a bike for commuting. Even if it was a moped or scooter.

However, I am NOT a politician of any kind, so I am speaking in foreign tongues as far as they are concerned. 26 MILLION cars registered in the UK. No idea how much tax revenue they bring in. By comparrison there are a million motorcycles registered in the UK. Take out all the classics and specials that are rarely driven or ridden. Then reduce road tax for bikes to make them more attractive as commuters. Issue government sponsored insurance for minimum legal road risks insurance. Create bike only parking zones.

If you could take just 10% of car drivers out of thier commuter cars and put them on bikes, how much less traffic would be clogging up our highways? Before some smart arse says 10%, I am talking about the amount of congestion it would relieve, the easier parking etc. Lots of benefits to everybody.

Has the government tried this? NO. Why not? The answer will be at best colourful and long winded, at worst pure bullshit.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Typical of this country, some prat has a prang with a deer so complains there are too many of them and states we need to cull them because we have a burgeoning deer population! So far this country has proposed culling Deer, Badgers, Wild boars, and introduced miximatosis for rabbits.

I can see the hoypaloy landed gentry jumping on their horses, and blowing their hunting horns and stating that they are now culling the deer!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
Bearing these FACTS in mind, if I were a town councellour or a Traffic Department Minister, I would be thinking to myself. "The answer to our congestion is to encourage people onto motorcycles". I would be thinking of ways to encourage folk to buy a bike for commuting. Even if it was a moped or scooter.

Has the government tried this? NO. Why not? The answer will be at best colourful and long winded, at worst pure bullshit.

Chopper
Thinking about this, you forgot to include the fact that the majority of car drivers would never be able to pass a bike test. These oxygen thiefs are useless drivers or at best totally incompetent drivers.

Stricter driving tests for car drivers are required. Most guys on bikes are highly capable drivers of cars an bikes. We seem to be a bit more atuned to road conditions and driving on our congested roads.

Bikers have so many different levels of test available I couldnt even begin to guess at what they are now. However you can purchase a small hot hatch car which can out perform the drivers ability after sitting your test in a small car which has the speed and acceleration of a slug.

A complete review of the whole way we view car driving needs an overhaul.

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/
Old 08-03-2013, 07:01 PM

Mmmmmm......venison.

It isn't the journey or the destination ........it's who you ride it with.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Or we could save money congestion and polution by fitting a saddle to a deer, riding it to work all week and eating it on Sunday..

John.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Or we could save money congestion and polution by fitting a saddle to a deer, riding it to work all week and eating it on Sunday..

John.
I thought that was horses
Old 08-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Need to Get out More!

Default bikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
I thought that was horses
deer are for bikers to ride they have handlebars
Old 08-03-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhaf View Post
Thinking about this, you forgot to include the fact that the majority of car drivers would never be able to pass a bike test. These oxygen thiefs are useless drivers or at best totally incompetent drivers.

A valid point that has been raised many times by various people including myself. The answer is to make any provisional car driver, spend time learning to ride a bike/moped.

Stricter driving tests for car drivers are required. Most guys on bikes are highly capable drivers of cars an bikes. We seem to be a bit more atuned to road conditions and driving on our congested roads.

See above reply

Bikers have so many different levels of test available I couldnt even begin to guess at what they are now. However you can purchase a small hot hatch car which can out perform the drivers ability after sitting your test in a small car which has the speed and acceleration of a slug.

Another valid point and one that has been pointed out to numerous officials that always ignore anything resembling common sense simply because it does not fit thier political or commercial interests.

A complete review of the whole way we view car driving needs an overhaul.
Tell that to the politicians, keep telling them, shout it from the roof tops until you lose your voice. Personally I think you have more chance of growing a third eyebrow than getting anybody in authority to take the idea serioulsy, BUT YOU CAN TRY!!

Chopper

Old 09-03-2013, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
deer are for bikers to shag they have handlebars
Corrected for you!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
Tell that to the politicians, keep telling them, shout it from the roof tops until you lose your voice. Personally I think you have more chance of growing a third eyebrow than getting anybody in authority to take the idea serioulsy, BUT YOU CAN TRY!!

Chopper
I mentioned in a road safty meeting in builth wells many years ago that doing a CBT on a moped should be part of the car driving test and was almost laughed out of the room, because people would not want to ride a moped, i tried to point out that if it was part of the test they would have to do it if they liked it or not, but this was dismissed as a joke by the councillers and MP.s present and you know not one of the MAG reps there backed me
Old 09-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I mentioned in a road safty meeting in builth wells many years ago that doing a CBT on a moped should be part of the car driving test and was almost laughed out of the room, because people would not want to ride a moped, i tried to point out that if it was part of the test they would have to do it if they liked it or not, but this was dismissed as a joke by the councillers and MP.s present and you know not one of the MAG reps there backed me
Actually I can understand their reaction..a moped is just a bicycle with a small motor..many of the people there would have ridden a bicycle on the roads when they were kids and so would have some understanding of how traffic works, those that have never ridden a bicycle just wouldn't understand..but an interesting statistic would be to find out how many bicycle accidents there are each year compared to motorcycle accidents..The problem would be that bicycles are not insured and many accidents would not be recorded..but do drivers notice more bicycles than motorcycles, after all a bicycle is not going to overtake you on your blind spot at 70mph..

There is a reasonable cause for thinking motorcyclists are to blame for a certain percentage of accidents.

However as the new licence requirements for motorcyclists is so much more complicated perhaps in order to level the playing field the car test should be expanded to include street riding on a bicycle..

John.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Jedi Chat Master

All they were interested in was dressing us up in dayglow so we could be seen [bollox i was talking to a bike plod down at barry island i had parked on the pavement hence we got talking he said to me "i don't know how you manage on the road on a black bike dressed in dark clothing" he then went on to tell me about the time a woman pulled out infront of him when on the way to a call, his bike was under the car lights still going and siren making the odd sound of a broken siren the woman told him she hadn't seen him to this i replied if they are not looking they won't see you no matter what you wear

The only reason they want us in fucking dayglow is so they feel less threatened by us so therefore will be easier to get off the roads for good
Old 09-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
All they were interested in was dressing us up in dayglow so we could be seen [bollox i was talking to a bike plod down at barry island i had parked on the pavement hence we got talking he said to me "i don't know how you manage on the road on a black bike dressed in dark clothing" he then went on to tell me about the time a woman pulled out infront of him when on the way to a call, his bike was under the car lights still going and siren making the odd sound of a broken siren the woman told him she hadn't seen him to this i replied if they are not looking they won't see you no matter what you wear

The only reason they want us in fucking dayglow is so they feel less threatened by us so therefore will be easier to get off the roads for good

What did he say about parking on the pavement..

Dayglow for bikers would make it easier for the paramedics to find what is left of us..but sometimes I think it just makes us an easier target..My son is a security guard and was riding along the road from Ystrad to caerphilly wearing all the bright yellow gear with the silver reflective stripe and a big blue security label on the back when a man drove beside him and as someone overtook him he just edged into my son and ripped the trim off his bike, they were stuck together for a second or two and the car driver didn't even notice.

But I notice you changed the subject soon after someone mentioned shagging deer..

John.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Jedi Chat Master

But shagging deer is just wrong i meen they cant even be called attractive can they FFS

Sorry John you asked about the parking on pavement bit he was alright when i promised to be a good boy and put it in the bike parking bay when a space became available

Last edited by wiskers; 09-03-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Parking bit
Old 09-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Wrong..it's bloody impossible, wearing wellies doesn't work their hooves damage your shins and if you hold them by the antlers you have to be at least 8ft tall to reach..

and they aren't as pretty as sheep..

now we are back on subject..or are we.

John.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Back on subject culling imigrants fucking great idea sir when do we start
Old 10-03-2013, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Thats because most MAG reps, (Maybe not all) are too full of themselves and not actually interested in supporting the cause they claim to be so passionate about.

I completely lost any interest whatsoever in MAG, when they decided to use membership money to pay a huge salary to some fucktard EX COP. MAG expected, we the great unwashed to believe that this guy was NOT having any contact with his arsewipe pig boyfriends that he used to hang out with.

Once a pig, always a pig. Even when they leave/retire or get thrown out. They still have the same mentality, the same ideas that were brainwashed into them by thier political muppet masters.

Chopper

Old 10-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

If we need to cull Deer wtf have we got Deer farms for then?