100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 24-11-2012, 09:47 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Default road tax

bought a bike yesterday with no tax on it,i know i have a window of time in which to tax it or sorn it,i cant remember how long do i have to tax it,before jobs worths want to fine me.
Old 24-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

You don't have a window anymore..ride a bike without tax and the fine is for failure to display a valid tax disk..

I haven't displayed a tax disk on any of my bikes since scrotes started stealing them, but I always buy it before I ride..

For instance if you buy a bike without tax on the 28th of the month and ride it you have to pay for tax from the 1st of that month.

John.
Old 24-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Cool

Your nicked and the fine is in the post!!!! The fine is simply because you are the new keeper of a motorcycle and the DVLA do not like you. The government do not like you. Nobody likes you so you are to be fined and humiliated in public for the rest of your life.

How dare you buy a motorcycle.

Chopper.

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 24-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Banned

If you still got the V5c ie owner not sent it off yet, do it online

www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

If not nip to the post office and fill out one of their sorn forms.

I bought a bike in bits a few years back, didnt sorn it as it was in bits ..... 14 days later 75 fine. No exscuses I hadn't sorn'd it so a fine stands .

I havent made that mistake since.

Last edited by shaggy696969; 24-11-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Adding a bit.
Old 24-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Chatter Box

A bloke I met at a custom show once, turned up on an awfully nice, old Harley he had bought from a guy that had had it in his shed for over 3 years, then decided to get rid, yep you guessed it, the new keeper got stung for 3 years no tax, due to the old owner never telling Swansea that it was off road and unuseable, well that's what the guy told me anyways.
Old 24-11-2012, 10:35 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

i cant tax or sorn it till i get documents back on ugove web site it says the documents have to have your name on it to do it on line,and they dont till the guy sends them off and i get them. cant tax it at the post office till i get the insurance documents in 5 working days,so i wait in limbo land
Old 24-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
Your nicked and the fine is in the post!!!! The fine is simply because you are the new keeper of a motorcycle and the DVLA do not like you. The government do not like you. Nobody likes you so you are to be fined and humiliated in public for the rest of your life.

How dare you buy a motorcycle.

Chopper.
Sounds about right does that.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 26-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Send a message via MSN to Creature

go down post office andget sorn form - post it off - swansea will then back date the sorn to post mark ( or the date you put on form if they close.

as for being stung for previous owner not sorning - you should have apealed as you can prove you didnt own the bike then - i had it with the cbr i got the prev owner didnt sorn or tax for 4 years - i got fine in post - I appealed as i had letter of sale with date i brought it and log book changes confirmed - result for me but not previous owner as he now has topay the fine
Old 26-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad View Post
A bloke I met at a custom show once, turned up on an awfully nice, old Harley he had bought from a guy that had had it in his shed for over 3 years, then decided to get rid, yep you guessed it, the new keeper got stung for 3 years no tax, due to the old owner never telling Swansea that it was off road and unuseable, well that's what the guy told me anyways.
should've been the guy that had it in his shed that got the fine - that's what happened when I bought a car a couple of years ago - it had changed hands but coz the guys were mates they never thought about the paper work - I taxed it when I bought it then got an angry phonecall from the previous registered owner coz he got a fine - until he realised it was down to him and his mate not declaring SORN.