100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 09-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Continued....

Got all that lot bolted on to the bike. Still got the reg/rec and coils to bolt on and wire back into loom but thatís the next job. God knows where Iíll put them as no room under tank or seat unit to spare. Small gap between top of engine and underneath of electrics tray but might be too tight. Worst case Iíll put them on show somewhere inside the front fairing. Ė

After weeks of storms and rain the sun came out today so wheeled the bike outside to get some up to date photos and a proper look at it stood back. Pretty happy with it tbh. Looks lean, lightweight and purposeful with the belt drives gone. Few bits to do yet but not far off now hopefully. Iím 5` 6Ē to give an idea of scale. Not a big or heavy bike tbh. Pretty compact. Ė

Old 09-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Continued....

Old 09-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Continued.....

Get these last bits bolted on and wired up in next week or so. Oil and oil filter on order. Few touchups n stack of cleaning/polishing to do and hopefully not be far off finished at that.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:46 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Are those two allen bolts not right up yer chuff??

Lookin' well smart BTW.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Buster View Post
Are those two allen bolts not right up yer chuff??

Lookin' well smart BTW.
Seat always gets comments. Thankfully I've got well padded arse cheeks. Done 700 mile touring weekends on it n all sorts in the past.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:22 AM

Must be an islander thing....

Well braw bike.
Old 13-11-2014, 04:41 AM
Chat Pimp

looking good not far away now
Old 14-11-2014, 07:03 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Looking good I've been following the build for ages on facebook but the photos are far better on here
Old 11-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Reg/rec mounted on a drilled alloy bracket down where alternator was. Gives me short run for wiring and most of wiring I needed was already there from before too. Ė

Coils mounted in same fashion on other side. Yes they will get water spray down there but canít see it being a problem tbh. Iíve always ran the same coils/leads out in weather for 10+ years with no issues. On show but kind of functional looking I think. Again the wiring was already there from before which was handy. Ė

Spent a few evenings polishing the alloy back up after a year or two of turning white and furry. Did most of the touch-ups and fettling, etc. Added a bicycle speedo for the mot test, etc too. Basically changed about some small bits n pieces and re-checked everything I could. Ė

Got the oil and filter at last after a couple of places messing me about with shipping. Clearly Scotland is a separate planet only accessible but space rocket once every 3 light years or something. Ended up ordering it from germany as was half the price of shipping compared to England. Go figure.

Straight out the night the oil came. Took out old filter and cut it open just to make sure there as no swarf or metal parts in there. Spotless inside thankfully. Oil in and filter. Hit the starter and nothingÖÖ Then remembered Iíd moved the coils. Quick swap round of HT leads, hit the starter and it fired right up shattering the total silence in the shed for last few hours. Almost pissed my pants with excitement/surprise at is roared right up. Might have swore slightlyÖ Ė

Got the timing reset, stripped and cleaned out/set the carbs, cleaned the plugs, etc. Running spot on now. Been 70-80 mph storms up here ever since of course as is the law of sod! Snow, ice and hailstones on top for good measure. Wanting a dry road for itís test run as the anti-dive front end is a bit of an unknown at the moment. Want dry tarmac in case I find its being jerky or pulsing/locking or anything. Waiting game now really to get a test run and see what needs adjusted.

Ultimately Iím in no rush given the weather. Mot and stuff in feb/march when road salts, etc have buggered off. Got photographer coming up about the same time for a magazine shoot so yeah itís all good.

Looks like Iím onto my trike rebuild after xmas break. Airbrushing 7 days a week at the moment so I can get a week or two off work over xmas.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:48 AM

It is looking sen-fuckin-sational..

Congratulations mate, I think I would have had a sex-wee, when it started had it been me doing it...

Old 12-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Mint absolutely mint. Cap well and truly doffed ...its even more galling when if yer like me a spanner becomes a weapon of mass destruction.

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/
Old 12-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Chat Pimp

really does look good,the details set it apart
Old 12-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Cheers guys. Mucho appreciated.