100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 19-06-2012, 10:00 AM
pingu pingu is offline
Chat Slapper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ciderland.......
Posts: 69
Default Another protest run?

http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6990 Kept this quiet......
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23-06-2012, 08:51 AM
wearthefoxhat wearthefoxhat is offline
Type like a Twat Me...
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu View Post
It was mentioned on here a while back.
Demonstrations like this are like Marmite and evoke the same reactions.

I will be at Rownhams around noon, ready for a slow bimble up the M3.
__________________
Nema jebene bonbon
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23-06-2012, 02:49 PM
gothtec's Avatar
gothtec gothtec is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 2,988
Default

As soon as i can afford to fuel mi bike for no reason, I'll join one!
__________________
------------------------
Brought to you by:
www.gothtec.com
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23-06-2012, 05:00 PM
pale rider pale rider is offline
It's about time I shut the fuck up!
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,801
Default

the problom is this,the government like all EU governments sign up to agreements to reduce road fatalities,and targeting bikes is the easy way to go.i do have a few life saveing tips for the government though,ban all electronic devices from being used in a car,there is to much distraction as it is,ban window stickers and toys from the windows,the fuckers cant see as is is.reduce BHP in cars until you are 21.introduce life time bans for drink drivers.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23-06-2012, 10:41 PM
gothtec's Avatar
gothtec gothtec is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 2,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale rider View Post
the problom is this,the government like all EU governments sign up to agreements to reduce road fatalities,and targeting bikes is the easy way to go.i do have a few life saveing tips for the government though,ban all electronic devices from being used in a car,there is to much distraction as it is,ban window stickers and toys from the windows,the fuckers cant see as is is.reduce BHP in cars until you are 21.introduce life time bans for drink drivers.
Car driving retest every 5 years!
__________________
------------------------
Brought to you by:
www.gothtec.com
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24-06-2012, 11:33 AM
John Hopkins's Avatar
John Hopkins John Hopkins is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tredegar, South Wales
Posts: 16,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale rider View Post
the problom is this,the government like all EU governments sign up to agreements to reduce road fatalities,and targeting bikes is the easy way to go.i do have a few life saveing tips for the government though,ban all electronic devices from being used in a car,there is to much distraction as it is,ban window stickers and toys from the windows,the fuckers cant see as is is.reduce BHP in cars until you are 21.introduce life time bans for drink drivers.
Allowing for the fact that the government consists of people who have much more intelligence than I do, based on the fact that they get voted in every 4 years to lie, cheat, and steal on our behalf..I can't see that as the reason..

In 2010 there were 31million cars on the road in the UK compared with 1.3million motorbikes including mopeds and scooters..That is 3% if you don't add a single commercial vehicle to the equasion..

Now my poor brain says that if you remove every motorbike, scooter and moped off the road you will only reduce the road fatilities by 3% allowing for the fact that none of those fatilities were caused by commercial vehicles...

John.
__________________
Beauty is skin deep; ugly goes right to the bone
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24-06-2012, 12:25 PM
gothtec's Avatar
gothtec gothtec is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 2,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Now my poor brain says that if you remove every motorbike, scooter and moped off the road you will only reduce the road fatilities by 3% allowing for the fact that none of those fatilities were caused by commercial vehicles...

John.
Good math!!
__________________
------------------------
Brought to you by:
www.gothtec.com
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24-06-2012, 02:32 PM
pale rider pale rider is offline
It's about time I shut the fuck up!
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Allowing for the fact that the government consists of people who have much more intelligence than I do, based on the fact that they get voted in every 4 years to lie, cheat, and steal on our behalf..I can't see that as the reason..

In 2010 there were 31million cars on the road in the UK compared with 1.3million motorbikes including mopeds and scooters..That is 3% if you don't add a single commercial vehicle to the equasion..

Now my poor brain says that if you remove every motorbike, scooter and moped off the road you will only reduce the road fatilities by 3% allowing for the fact that none of those fatilities were caused by commercial vehicles...

John.
i give way to your point,now were is my calculator
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.