100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Chat Virgin

Default insurance pay outs

Just wondering how long this normally takes. Came off my bike about 6 weeks ago wrighting it off ( cat c), had a chat with the company who writ it off. Had a verbal price they were going to pay followed by it in wrighting. Had the finance company say the insurance should pay them directly. Sent off all the paper work back to the insurance (v5, credit agreement, service history etc). Just wondering in your experiences how Long it takes to pay out as I've never had to deal with any type of insurance before. Thanks
Old 08-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Basic rule of thumb is that insurance companies will take as long as they feel like and spout incredible amounts of pure bullshit along the way. They will move heaven and earth to avoid making any sort of payment and don't give a flying fuck about any of your suffering or inconvenience.

So remember that these robbing, lying, head up arse fuckpigs actually WORK FOR YOU. Your broker is supposed to get off his lardy arse and protect your interests. Call them every day, email them, write to them and send by recorded delivery. Keep clear and precise notes of everything that they say, when and why.

Try to be polite to begin with as you may win the fucking lottery and actually get to speak to a person that is slightly interested in doing the job that they are paid for. If being polite fails just throw as many fucks as you can at them before they hang up.

Insurance people are a special breed. They have genetic defects that allow them to survive being born with no morals, spine or character. None of thier siblings are born alive. Those that do breathe through thier skin, have webbed feet, too many fingers and the females all have hairy ears and three tits. They are born to create misery and poverty, closely followed by despair and suicide by wine gums. They are also hard wired to attract and welcome all manner of verbal and physical abuse from their victims. If you abuse them enough they will have multiple orgasms right in front of you. Be carefull NOT to feed them after midnight.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Chat Virgin

Many thanks for that advice chopper.

Got on to the company this afternoon, said all my paperwork has to be validated then they will be In contact. Didn't give me a time frame tho, so going to ring once a week till they sort it me thinks.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:24 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Send a message via MSN to excalibur

Last dealing I had with these twats they were dragging their heels, so I demanded a loan bike until it was sorted. Funny how quickly they paid me what I wanted after I told them they wernt getting the bike back that was costing them 30 a day until I was happy.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfl View Post
Many thanks for that advice chopper.

Got on to the company this afternoon, said all my paperwork has to be validated then they will be In contact. Didn't give me a time frame tho, so going to ring once a week till they sort it me thinks.
So in other words they fobbed you off with a load of bullshit. What the fuck does "Paperwork validated" mean?

Any repair company that issues a quote for repairs will have sent it via a secure website or on headed paper. Any loss adjuster will have done the same. If a finance company is involved they will have a direct link to the insurance company. Valid RFL, MOT can be checked on line in a few seconds. So can the finance agreement.

Your insurance company are taking the piss. Give them hell. Tell them that if they do not sort it by return of post you will pass the matter to a third party for them to resolve the matter and that the third party will be claiming costs from them. Also tell them that EVERY day you wait for them to sort this out, adds considerable further costs to your claim.

If you are working through a broker, tell the idle fucker that unless he gets his arse in gear you will report him to Trading Standards and the Insurance Ombudsman.

Don't let them fuck you about.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Chat Pimp

when my 125 got pinched and burnt out it took nine months of pure hell go get a payment out of them.
they said it had been passed to a handling company who were then messing my insurers out. i rang every other day and emailed after the call to confirm what had been said.
in the end i found out that the company handling the claim were only tens mins away from me so i made a point of calling into the offices, every day for 10 days and then i got the pay out, and as a good will gesture they waved my excess, and gave me 500 compo.

the only other experience i have is through my mate.
he hit an unsigned un illuminated traffic island on a dark road. he has been fighting the claim with the council for nearly a year, and he has a hire bike aswell. its being charged at 25 a day. his company are being great and they ring him every couple of days to update him. and the hire bike gets changed every 60 days or when the mileage hits 2500, so far hes had 4 brand new bikes.

and that is over a cg125. so what its gonna cost the council in hire charges is mad. but the councils insurers dont want to pay out....
Old 10-06-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
the only other experience i have is through my mate.
he hit an unsigned un illuminated traffic island on a dark road. he has been fighting the claim with the council for nearly a year.
Yes, its a pain and I feel sorry for the guy!

But this is the sort of claim where "Look where your going, and if you cant see - slow down" comes in...

Very similar to "I triped over a loose paving stone!" or "there wasn't a rail so I fell in!" kind of claims...

Its dark, you cant see the way, it your fault if you don't take care!!!

And we wonder why our freedoms and rights get eroded in the name of Health and safety!
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 10-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Chat Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothtec View Post
Yes, its a pain and I feel sorry for the guy!

But this is the sort of claim where "Look where your going, and if you cant see - slow down" comes in...

Very similar to "I triped over a loose paving stone!" or "there wasn't a rail so I fell in!" kind of claims...

Its dark, you cant see the way, it your fault if you don't take care!!!

And we wonder why our freedoms and rights get eroded in the name of Health and safety!

yeah you say that but the island is a traffic calming scheme thing, had no sings or lights on it and he clipped the outter edge of the island and lost the bike was only doing 25 mph, speedo is stuck when it hit. the kerb face on the outter edge is 200mm and as the island was block paved in red block it was all most impossible to see..

even the traffic cop who came out to attend hit the island.

pic from 25 metres away
island is on the left and goes to middle of the road
Old 10-06-2012, 11:35 AM

erm, i dont want this to turn into some kind of flame war, but as im in my mid 40s and still alive having ridden since i was 16, id like to think i had some experience of riding, and so if i encountered a road so dark i couldnt see where i was going, i would slow down, and continue slowing till i either could see, or was stopped. there really isnt an excuse for running into road furniture in this day and age. you ride within the conditions and your own ability. 25mph means nowt, thats just where the speedo needle stuck, it doesnt mean thats what he was doing, he could have been doing 50, or equally, 15 mph. riding an old brit gives you a sneaking suspicion of electric lighting, yolur always ready for the lights to go out, and so ride accordingly. but even if i were on the beemer, if it were too dark to see where i was going, i would slow down until i could. your mate might have been unfortunate, but im not surprised the council are fighting it.

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr View Post
riding an old brit gives you a sneaking suspicion of electric lighting, yolur always ready for the lights to go out, and so ride accordingly. but even if i were on the beemer, if it were too dark to see where i was going, i would slow down until i could. your mate might have been unfortunate, but im not surprised the council are fighting it.
Agreed! Its my tax money that pays for "idoit" lights on stuff, stupid signs saying the obvious and insurance payouts that shouldn't happen.... Oh and some H/S snubnoses wages to deal with it!
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 14-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Chat Virgin

Default valadation

After ringing the insurance a week or so ago I got a phone call from the validation department on Tuesday (12th). We did a conference call with the DVLA to validate my licence. Took all of err 5 mins to do. Now they have said it will go back to the claims handler, so going to give them till tues or wed as I have things to do and will ring them again.