100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 14-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Chatter Box

Location: Berkshire boy at heart, now living in sunny Northants
Default WTF is wrong with these people?????

So I have two bikes on ebay plus a shit load of spares on ebay as a job lot for a more than fair price. I state that I will not split the lot and yet still they ask..... Then I get a corker of a question through,

Q Hi mate i live in halifax which is a good way away would you consider taking less money for the bikes to cover the van hire and fuel as i would like to take the project on with my lad as its nearing his 16th

kind regards Danny

And my reply naturally was,

A: That has to be the best one yet - yeah why dont i knock off at least 100 towards the van hire, a tenner should cover you for a KFC on the way down as well, then i guess another 100 or so for his CBT, 20 for a haynes manual, better give you a jerry can of fuel as well, tax for them both of course why not - hell mate you might as well just have them for free.

and again I have to ask WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE PEOPLE ON???? I want a nice big house in the countryside, do you think someone will give my one for a fiver so that I can afford to move all my shit in and buy new furniture while I am at it????

Making bad taste look good!
Old 14-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

What you selling?
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 14-12-2011, 10:52 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

lol. i just sold 2 s/h tyres, both with 400 miles wear, both buyers complained they were worn and wanted refunds. sold a new set of renthal bars last week, less than half price, buyer got them 6 days later, even though the listing said 13-15 days due to work commitments, and then left neutral feedback for slow delivery!!! ebay is full of scammers and twats these days.... (present company excluded ).
Old 14-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Chat Pimp

Seems to be the way with ebay now Im afraid, I used to buy a lot, and sell a little, but I have no confidence on selling there now, I'd rather keep it amongst trusted forumites
Old 14-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Chat Pimp

Could you answer my PM please.
Old 15-12-2011, 05:23 AM
Chatter Box

OK 'tis done

Old 15-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Gissa bike someone?
Old 15-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deefer View Post
hell mate you might as well just have them for free.
Bugger that If I come down fae Glesga you would owe me money .....so how much ye offering......I wont accept a penny less than 300-00 ....alright alright I know and am not making anything on the deal 250-00

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/
Old 15-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Chat Slapper

Agreed there is some idiots on e-bay but there's a lot of good honest folk on aswell. Just yesterday i got a free brake switch an me postage refunded
because a seller (ajs spares) had made an honest mistake.
Old 15-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Chatter Box

i used to do ok on ebay selling but now fed up too..... i have some tyres with bout 1k left on em but after reading this wont bother.......
Old 15-12-2011, 10:03 AM

I had a bad one a few weeks ago, made a bid on a set of DVDs (36) and won... Sent payment and the guy refused to send them saying that he want 400 and relisted the DVDs.... They were never going to sell because the most they go for is 80 (been keeping an eye on auctions for a long time now)....

Took a complaint to ebay to get my money back...

------------------------
Old 15-12-2011, 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=deefer;624511]So I have two bikes on ebay plus a shit load of spares on ebay as a job lot for a more than fair price. I state that I will not split the lot and yet still they ask..... Then I get a corker of a question through,

Q Hi mate i live in halifax which is a good way away would you consider taking less money for the bikes to cover the van hire and fuel as i would like to take the project on with my lad as its nearing his 16th

kind regards Danny

And my reply naturally was,

A: That has to be the best one yet - yeah why dont i knock off at least 100 towards the van hire, a tenner should cover you for a KFC on the way down as well, then i guess another 100 or so for his CBT, 20 for a haynes manual, better give you a jerry can of fuel as well, tax for them both of course why not - hell mate you might as well just have them for free.

QUOTE]

My reply would have been a hell of a lot shorter. Probably along the lines of "FUCK OFF TWAT". But to be fair I am rather well known for my kind, charitable and diplomatic good nature.

Ebay WAS a great idea and in the early days it was a great place to find stuff you wanted or needed at a good price. Nowadays, as with most parts of our society, it is coontaminated by chancers, thieves and other assorted scumbags.

Buyer AND seller beware.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 15-12-2011, 11:06 AM

e,bay or thife bay,are victims of there own success,thay dont seem to police there own site,a fwe rules i stick to if buying,if what i want is not in the uk i wont bid on it.if there are not enough contact details like land line at least i wont bid on it.
Old 15-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

ebay is getting worse, i put a 54 plate Z750, showroom condition, loads spent on it, 14,000 miles on classified 2400 ono
one twat offered 1,000 and was offended when told to fuck himself
another asked 1001 questions about the bike then said he hadn`t got enough money
this bike (still got it) is in showroom condition, perfect, it was the best one on ebay and cheaper than all of them and it still didn`t sell
Old 15-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deefer View Post
Q Hi mate i live in halifax
And there lies the problem

Mortis,

Bradford lad
Old 15-12-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJphil View Post
ebay is getting worse, i put a 54 plate Z750, showroom condition, loads spent on it, 14,000 miles on classified 2400 ono
one twat offered 1,000 and was offended when told to fuck himself
another asked 1001 questions about the bike then said he hadn`t got enough money
this bike (still got it) is in showroom condition, perfect, it was the best one on ebay and cheaper than all of them and it still didn`t sell
Sold my g/f car the other months got 100 more than expected and sold in less than an hour!

You've got to be savy with ebay!
------------------------
Old 15-12-2011, 09:21 PM

I've had 6 bad deals off ebay, 400 good ones and a few bargins too. It has become worse these days so I'm increasingly steering clear of big purchases or anything that's at all far away, my dad recently 'bought' a trailer but on arriving to collect found it was in no way fit to tow let alone use to carry it's intended load. Doofus selling it kept saying it's good for 3.5 tonne cause that was stamped on the new hitch. Never mind the axles were only up to 1.5 tonne for the pair! No wonder he was pressing for a deposit. Way too many fuckwhits deliberately missdescribing stuff to get better prices. Been a while since I sold anything but got some good prices and only complaint was a non uk bidder who was a bit put out by cost of postage, he'd bid on a uk bidders only auction. Even then he accepted that it's hardly my problem if postage cost double on the NI border.
Old 15-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Bought a doorbell of all things from evilbay, the seller claimed the item was in UK and ready for dispatch. Turns out they're all in China and sent in bulk to the UK for onward postage. Cheeky fuckers, I complained to Ebay but fuck all has happened as usual.

Some people don't even have the common curtosy to leave feedback, good or bad.
Old 15-12-2011, 11:13 PM

Send a message via MSN to excalibur

I had a couple of brand new PS3 controllers that I put on ebay. Gets a question off a guy saying are they genuine Sony to which I say no but they are good quality units. Guy buys them then sends me a message saying they aint genuine and I want my money back. I gets the message after being away for the weekend in which time he has made a complaint to ebay so I made the fucker wait two weeks before refunding him.

Thing is he can give me bad feedback, which he has, but I can only leave him positive. Why cant sellers leave bad feedback for total tossers?
Old 16-12-2011, 01:22 AM

Send a message via MSN to Creature

I still use Ebay a lot for selling items, not thru choice I must add. I have tried there competitors without selling anything, so am forced into using them for now.

but a result happened for me just this week............(post taken from my facebook page)

Fucking hell - sellers do have rights on ebay !

Sold some gs bits on fleabay - buyer left positive feedback then 2 days later opened a case saying they wernt as described.

I offered a full refund once he returned the items to me - he sent recorded delivery (luckliy for me).

I sent him a few messages advising that the items had not been received and that the royal mail tracking facility agrees. this morning he asked Ebay to esculate the case as he says I have received the items. Even tho I have not and royal mails tracking confirms this.

Tried to speak to there online customer support - but that was a total waiste of time.

So I phoned them up got thru to there help desk explained the situation. They then put me thru to another department - who confirmed everything I was saying. confirmed the recoded number they checked royal mails site.

But the clincher was that he had left me positive feedback

Result Money withheld will be in my paypal account within 48 hours
Old 16-12-2011, 01:27 AM

Send a message via MSN to Creature

Quote:
Thing is he can give me bad feedback, which he has, but I can only leave him positive. Why cant sellers leave bad feedback for total tossers?
just tick the positive box then type in negative remarks

also if you goto there feedback page and click on the negative feedback, then can leave a reply there.... you still have right to reply. ( not that it does any good)

heres one i did in sept this year....(funnily enough didnt ask for refund or reply to any messages i sent)

Negative feedback rating not up to standered Buyer:
Member ID mjpuddick ( Feedback score of 69Blue star icon for Feedback score between 50 to 99)
09-Sep-11 18:38 Feedback conversation

Reply by thefatont (12-Sep-11 03:56):
WHY NOT ? ITEM AS DESCRIBED ! NO CONTACT ABOUT WHY YOU NOT HAPPY ! CON MERCHANT

Harris 4 into 1 exhaust - For Suzuki GS1000 for sale. (#390340642265) 225.00
Old 17-12-2011, 06:47 AM
Chatter Box

Fuck me, he is still at it and threatening to report me to Ebay? Seriously WTF? I have ended the auction cos I am sick of moronic questions for moronic wankers and still he keeps on.

Anyone come across an Ebayer called RIGOUTDAN from Halifax steer clear the guy is a right bunny boiler!

Old 17-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

I had one dickhead from scotland buy the 1991 sportster 1200, get that, do you understand 1991 sportster 1200? header pipe heatshields 25 they went for, in good nick too
the fucker gets em and they fit his 2001 sportster, he starts a dispute cuz they don`t go all the way down the pipes to the can, they wern`t the ones he wanted, but as you can guess that was my fault
he sent me loads of abuse in emails through ebay, told him to fuck off, ebay sided with me, as they saw his messages
Old 17-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Chat Slut

My daughter sold one of these travel system things (used to be called prams), all the bits, covers, car booster seat etc, it turns into a fucking transformer if you press the right buttons.
In her E bay description she said in very good used condition, slight sun fading on the edge of fabric. It sold for peanuts and guess who had the job of parceling it up and sending it at cost to Hull.
After a week message comes back, not happy, want money back, there's a big hole in a cover. Daughter points out the hole is sposed to be there otherwise you can't get the fucker on. Still not happy, they start a dispute, E Bay go with the buyer. Five weeks later, half of it gets sent back (at our expense) trashed.
I hope the wanker in Hull is enjoying the mountains of junk mail, both snail and e mail, they are now getting. Daughter specially enjoyed signing them up for teeth whitening.
Old 17-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Chat Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanfromporlock View Post
My daughter sold one of these travel system things (used to be called prams), all the bits, covers, car booster seat etc, it turns into a fucking transformer if you press the right buttons.
In her E bay description she said in very good used condition, slight sun fading on the edge of fabric. It sold for peanuts and guess who had the job of parceling it up and sending it at cost to Hull.
After a week message comes back, not happy, want money back, there's a big hole in a cover. Daughter points out the hole is sposed to be there otherwise you can't get the fucker on. Still not happy, they start a dispute, E Bay go with the buyer. Five weeks later, half of it gets sent back (at our expense) trashed.
I hope the wanker in Hull is enjoying the mountains of junk mail, both snail and e mail, they are now getting. Daughter specially enjoyed signing them up for teeth whitening.
Give me their address, I got plenty of dogshit I need rid of
Old 18-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanfromporlock View Post

Remind me never to upset your daughter.
Old 19-12-2011, 12:48 PM

you have to remember.just becouse you know how to put up a pram,some fook wit retard may not know how,and thay think it does not work,ha ha