100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 30-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Have been thinking that it would be good to put up 2 new threads one where we have had good work done and one for bad work
Then realised that won't work

My advice if you want custom work done ask your local chopper club members who does work for them
Old 30-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskers View Post
Have been thinking that it would be good to put up 2 new threads one where we have had good work done and one for bad work

My advice if you want custom work done ask your local chopper club members who does work for them
the best advice to myself was, learn to do it my self
Old 31-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbike-r View Post
the best advice to myself was, learn to do it my self

didnt take me long to relise that too.........and goin of a few mates ,experiences,dont put too much faith in 'fly-by -nights',who do the 'by bikers -for bikers' slogan...........
Old 02-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony

only way to get it how you want is to do it yourself, its not hard, just learn 1 thing at a time, my approach has always been to make things using my skills and available tooling etc, it might be more longwinded or not quite as finnessed as the "pro" approach, but its my work

eacht ime you build or make something/a part, just push yourself that little bit extra.

soon you be surprised at just what you can make if you approach it in the right way and attitude
Old 02-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmosse View Post
I for one have been to Dracken1's premisis and could clearly see it is the real deal and well established,
I can back this up by saying that I have been to Dracken1's workshop and seen the frames being made.

At the end of the day he is running a business in a small town, well away from passing trade during a pretty bad recession, and surviving.

John.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskers View Post
I agree, most of us can do much of our own work and workshop staff are never fully trained on all bikes, how could they be..

Even makers agent's are only really good on the bikes they are agents for is they have the full support of the makers engineers and a comprehensive supply of parts at the end of a phone line.

So a shop that does a great job on your Honda may do a rubbish job on someone else's Kawasaki.

John.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
So a shop that does a great job on your Honda may do a rubbish job on someone else's Kawasaki.

John.
this is true, but in the case of this clown running two businesses from 1 shop, one dealing with custom bikes the other classic bikes, building a girder front end should have been a walk in the park, especially when I put all the effort in with designs drawings measurements and calculations... all he had to do was transfer instructions on paper... onto metal.

i try to do as much as i can myself, but limited space and available tooling means i need to get somebody. i think after this bike is built my next project will be to get a workshop built at the end of the garden. (currently i build in my dining room, with a small outhouse i use for what i need... pillar drill/welder grinder etc) but with a workshop at least i have the space for tools ... lathe tube bender milling machine etc so that i can do a lot more myself
Old 03-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingo View Post
This sort of thing happened to me some years ago with Dave Ramsey of "Bull Trikes" in Leven in Scotland, where I lost 5 grand.
Christ theres a name I hoped never to hear of again. Mans an utter Caaaaaaaaant ripped of a bloke I know who was disabled all the lads had chipped in bits and bobs for his trike keep prices down and the rhat fecked of with the gear and the dough. Later on we found out he done a few folk over kept promising this that and the other.

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/