100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 26-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Chat Slapper

Default diesal

hi all
just come back from my wifes old garage (shell) dropped off the motor off for test in the morning, talking to the all night forcourt attendant, who just pressed the green light on his console, to the diesal pump to a artic driver,he then spillt diesal all over the forcourt, in his attempt to fill his tanks to the brim. he then screwed his caps on and came in to pay, the cashier asked him if there was a problem,with his tanks as he had made a mess on the forcourt, to which he replied, narrr nothing wrong with the tanks, buddy, just over filled a bit, but a bit of sand will sort it!!!!!!. he paid his bill with his diesal card and did one, as he pulled his artic onto the corner, around the station a gush of diesal made another mess, in a arc, as he pulled onto the slip road leaving the garage, another gush of diesal.
so quite a lot of forecourt diesal cleaner later, and a stiff brush which my mate who works all night could do with out, through some lard arse fat lazy bastard wagon driver, who thinks sand will do!!!, now if it was a nice saturday/sunday daytime and said fat lazy twat of a wagon driver had shot his load, his wishes!!! of diesal and a pack of bike riders, or rider was out and about you would of not got far, not only hgv, but many trucks, transits, vans with black diesal marks down the side of the diesal tank filler caps.
hit a patch of diesal on four wheels you feel it, hit it on two wheels you will feel it more ouch regards

live fast, die young, have a goodlooking corpse
Old 27-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

See too much of that these days..then out of the forecourt, dent or lump in the road and more spillage, then to the next three roundabouts to slosh it all over the bits we lean over on..It's not really suprising that we keep hearing about bikers who have had an off..

John.
Old 27-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

should have reported him to plod there and then. spilling fuel onto the road is an offence. not sure if its endorsable, but it certainly carries a fine!

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 27-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Chat Slapper

hi
its all on tape as the garage has many,many camaras, as lots of wagon, artics, and others pay to park there overnight. the garage also see many police officers, go into the garage for there coffee, mostly motorway cops, but quite a lot of bmw, honda, bike riders cops. and they have there own bikes for pleasure. so knowing the consol operator very well he was pissed off by this numptys, attitude, the cops now have his reg number.
now being a boat owner for many years, in the diesal tanks aboard my boat the insides are sectioned off as the motion of the waves causes spills, we also fitted a very good cap, to prevent this happening, as the diesal spill, inside the bilges, stinks, and you slip like fluk on it.
is there not a special cap for wagons, to prevent diesal spillage, as i know the tanks secitioned off. and have there own breather hoses attached.
and before any body rants, this garage has many,many very good hgv, drivers, so im not tarring ever hgv driver, transit driver, van driver with the same brush, but if its legal to have the wheel pointers on the tyres, why not make it legal to have, diesal spill, caps on all diesal motors. id go over a wagon wheel pointer, than diesal regards

Old 27-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Chat Slapper

hi there
as for reporting him to the police, there and then its not a offence to spill diesal on a forcourt, as it not likley you will win, from the garage owner if you slip on it, as its tried to be done in the courts, its up to the garage owner to clean it up. but it is a offence to spill diesal on the road, as it was stated on the tv show cops, where a lady mounted the railings outside of morrisons, but they could not find the driver who spilt the diesal, to do him.
not only is it a danger to motorcyclists, but everybody, regards

Old 27-07-2011, 03:45 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Ferkin diesel brought me off in March, damned near cost me my life!
Old 27-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Need to Get out More!

Default bigest

most diesel spills near me are done by the FIRE BRIGADE right out side the firestation or at the traffic lights when they turn on to the A64,
you would think they would know better,
Old 27-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Chat Pimp and lover of the Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr View Post
should have reported him to plod there and then. spilling fuel onto the road is an offence. not sure if its endorsable, but it certainly carries a fine!
Being a wagon driver , i have it on good authority that it is an endorsable offence to spill any fuel of any type onto a public right of way. Many new wagons are now made with airtight filler caps but the older wagons arn't. I being a biker and a wagon driver find this enfuriating when i see it happen and when you pull alongside and tell them , they are obliviouse to the fact that its slippery to motorcyclists and i've changed a lot of opinions of fellow drivers on this case. Most times they overfill because of ignorance but when informed change there practices . There are of course the ignorant fucks that don't give a shit but the rules on driving standards are getting higher and harder to accomplish with a new test every five years for hgv drivers , hopfully this will weed out the idiots from the proffessional drivers .
Old 27-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Chat Slapper

hi all
just had a phone call off my mate, who is the night cashier at said garage,his reg number was given to the plod, who wanted then to see the video off the night camara, belive me these camaras are very good.
not only did he overfill his tanks, but he also filled. a plastic 5 gallon container at the side of his truck. this container, did not cause the spill, but when the plod got in touch with his employers, they now want to see the video, they have also stated they will pay for any cleaning of the forcourt, nice guys, pity the driver was not, but knowing the boss of the garage, it will go over his head, as deed done, spill cleaned no problem, i do not think the wagon drivers bosses will see it this way!!!! unless the plastic 5 gallon drum was for them to use on there reflex diesal burning stoves, regards

Old 28-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

[pedantic mode =on]

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggerlad View Post
some lard arse fat lazy bastard wagon driver
Oi! ................. I don`t resemble that remark in any way
I may be fuggly, but not some lard arse fatty
Quote:
Is there not a special cap for wagons, to prevent diesal spillage
AFAIK ......No
Quote:
and have there own breather hoses attached.
Every fuel tank regardless of what vehicle its on will have some kind of breather hose, or vent
Quote:
but he also filled. a plastic 5 gallon container at the side of his truck.
400-500 ltrs for the truck, & 5ltrs for the car
Quote:
unless the plastic 5 gallon drum was for them to use on there reflex diesal burning stoves
I think your mixing up your barges with your trucks, as trucks don`t have stoves. your possibly thinking of a night heater, these run directly off the fuel from the tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin chris View Post
with a new test every five years for hgv drivers
since when?
I asume you mean the DCPC, which isn`t a new "test" just compulsory retraining

[/pedantic mode =off]
Old 28-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Chat Slapper

hi there
i know hgv have there own direct heater, eberspatcher, hope i spelt that correctly, but ive a reflex drip diesal heater, in my garage, and one in my cabin, loverly and warm in the winter. and for the breather i also know, as for the lard arse wagon driver, if he puts fellow bikers,+ myself in danger, and not giving a fluk, then he is a lard arse wagon driver.
we take the utmost pride in our bike,trikes, and spend many a hour in the garage, workshop, shed ect, and also want to see our loved ones, after a ride out, not to crash on spilt diesal, by some LARD ARSE WAGON DRIVER,
i hope he gets what coming to him, and more. regards

Old 28-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
hi there
we take the utmost pride in our bike,trikes, and spend many a hour in the garage, workshop, shed ect,
I don't.

And up to a point, avoiding diesel is part of riding, just like avoiding cowshit and daft car drivers.
Old 28-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

There are times when you cannot avoid a diesel spill, blind corners are the worst and you need your wits about you to get through it safely. However, not everyone has the experience or the skills to deal with it and inspecting the tarmac is inevitable.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 28-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Very true but it would be nicer if we didn't have to..Not too bad on the straight but leaning over for a roundabout, in the rain, and you hit a big spill and you don't have much chance whether it's cow shit, diesel or a mixture of both..I always go round roundabouts near garages in the rain looking like a complete donkey..

John.
Old 28-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
I always go round roundabouts near garages in the rain looking like a complete donkey..

John.
Ditto.

And I agree that diesel spillage is a preventable problem, probably only solved by education, and absolutely caning anyone found causing such spillages.

But until that has an effect, it's a case of keeping your eyes and nose open.
Old 29-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
it would be nicer if we didn't have to
Yep, it would. Droid has the right idea about education and enforcement.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "