Old 22-07-2011, 02:20 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Default gravel rash and the correct riding gear

it's gonna sting...... lots......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ort-dress.html
Old 22-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Nik

Saw so many folk wearing shorts/miniskirts/bikinis at the weekend, you don't even think about it. Perfectly normal behaviour in hot countries.
Old 22-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Chatter Box

Default it hurts!

funny that, always kitted out here but when abroad it was vest, shorts, and no helmet!!! till i come off........ never again. it scares me now, even see some guys with a good helmet and sturdy jacket and ...shorts... . bin there done it but not going for the t.shirt..
Old 22-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Chatter Box

my lil lad who is three and a half always tells off any biker he sees in shorts and trainers etc lol bless him....but nobody ever argues and at least he knows the right way from the start i guess
Old 22-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

all true. but i have to say, and i care not a jot if you get all indignant about it, one of the best and most thrilling biking experiences ive ever had was doing 140-150mph down some arrow straight roads in germany on my kat in 2006 wearing nowt but my shorts and some flip flops a tee shirt and my piss pot lid. bloody chilly mind, even though it were hot, and them flies hurt, but that ride is still etched on my memory even now. sometimes, its the time you are most at risk that make you feel most alive. as crazy as you find this woman, lets not rush to judgement on her, after all, is it so far from 'it would be safer to ride your ped in leathers and a lid' to 'it would be safer to get rid of these bikes and drive a nice safe car' ?

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 22-07-2011, 08:45 PM

judgement??? i was trying to see her flange....
Old 22-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Chatter Box

lol i suspected as much
Old 22-07-2011, 09:01 PM

loads here....

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fla...ed=0CB0Q_AUoAQ
Old 22-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Chat Slut

150.313 mph in pants & penny blacks in 1948

Old 23-07-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
judgement??? i was trying to see her flange....
that, i suspect is precisely why she made sure there was a convenient cameraman waiting!

Old 23-07-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc Nasty View Post
150.313 mph in pants & penny blacks in 1948

i thought it was 'extreme planking'

Old 23-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Chat Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Have you any idea just how fucking disappointed I am?
Old 23-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Chatter Box

lmfao hadnt checked the link until conons post
Old 24-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Chat Slapper

hi all
stupid just stupid, not wearing the right gear, even on a push bike you need the right gear, long time DEAD, and it fucking hurts, gravel rash, has nothing on skin grafts, ive six and the hurt like a bastard, and look like shite.
wearing sandals on a high powered motorbike, come off!!! love to see your ankles, my mate come off a bike along a brick wall, he is still, fuked up with his knuckles on his both hands, and that was at 15 mph in 1975.
sorry not for me, enough scars, take care

live fast, die young, have a goodlooking corpse
Old 24-07-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggerlad View Post
hi all
stupid just stupid, not wearing the right gear, even on a push bike you need the right gear, long time DEAD, and it fucking hurts, gravel rash, has nothing on skin grafts, ive six and the hurt like a bastard, and look like shite.
wearing sandals on a high powered motorbike, come off!!! love to see your ankles, my mate come off a bike along a brick wall, he is still, fuked up with his knuckles on his both hands, and that was at 15 mph in 1975.
sorry not for me, enough scars, take care
yadda yadda yadda, i refer you to the bit where i said i dont give a fuck what you think. my choice, my decision and if it had all gone tits up, my fault. so whats that to you? are you saying that we should be compelled to wear certain safety gear? and if so, where do you draw the line? leathers? full face lids? airbag jackets? how about leg protectors on bikes, abs, speed limiters etc etc etc. life is a risk, riding a bike is a risk, walking down the street is a risk. tell me youve never taken what you see now as an outrageous risk in your life, and tell me that afterwards you didnt feel just a little bit more alive than usual? the problem in the world we live in isnt people taking risks. its people failing to take responsibility! ride safe, in your leathers if you like, or your flip flops.

Old 24-07-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
even on a push bike you need the right gear,
Quote:
a high powered motorbike,
is that a biker term?

high powered motorbike, LMFAO, go back to your pushbike forum.
Old 24-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Chat Slapper

hi
ask any ambulance man, or motorbike cop, about not wearing the right gear, and yes its you right to wear what you like, but if they made you pay for your accident for not wearing the right gear, you would think again, maybe like all the old people who have to go into a home, and sell there houses, to pay for there keep. or make you pay through your insurance!!!!!
and if they did lets see how many, smart arses could pay for the right to ride a motorbike,trike, or pushbike, just my opinion, but ride safe ride free.

Old 24-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

I've got to admit that in the sixties when It was not law..I used to wear a crash helmet and good boots when riding, however If I was only going a few hundred yards I would ride in whatever I was wearing, and if I went somewhere that I had to wear a suit, I would ride in a suit..The same as everyone else..

Now I object to the elf and safety telling me that I have to wear something that my common sense has already told me..If I want to test ride a new purchase just around the block to make sure it changes gear I don't want to carry a crash helmet 50 miles to do it..and if I buy the bike and decide to risk riding it home carefully I don't want a bloody great fine and points on my license for doing it.

common sense tells us to take an umbrella out if it is pouring with rain and if we are riding in potentially dangerous conditions it tells us to wear something that will take the strain..but I do hate the freedom of choice being taken away from us, We used to be able to say that we had real freedom in Britain, now we are told what to say, how much to drink, what to wear, where we can smoke, how far we can drive without a stop, what plants we can grow, even what weights and measures we are allowed to use and where we can fish.

John.
Old 24-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Chat Slapper

hi all
nice one john, your opinion and spot on freedom of choice, my wife used to work for a big breakdown/recovery for many many years. seen thousands of bikes brought in after accidents, many minor crashes,riders with horrible gravel rashes, ripped to bits ankles/shoulders, knuckles, not nice.
many of these injuries could of been prevented by the right gear being worn.
many of these accidents are in the summer months, im no saint done it many,many times, shorts, trainers, tops, and been unlucky to come off, to say it was a bit sore is a understatement, it hurt like hell.
again freedom of choice, id rather gear up than give the plod, another free ticket to pull me over, and have to stand there, like a little school boy, for the ticking off he is going to give me for the perils of not wearing the right gear. and the looking over of the bike he is going to do.
one life, live it your way, kindest regards

Old 24-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Chat Pimp and lover of the Welsh

Quote:
hi
but if they made you pay for your accident for not wearing the right gear, you would think again, .
You already paid for it , Insurance , NI contributions , road tax , fuel duty , income tax , all of these contribute to the NHS . If i want to ride in a t shirt then thats my right to without idiots telling me i'll have to pay for somthing that i've already paid for if i have a spill regardless of if its my fault. I drive a truck for a living and hate being on the road whether in car truck or van . the only sense of freedom i get is cruising on my bike which is heightened stilll in the hot weather when i ride in jeans t shirt and fingerless gloves ( HEAVEN ). I suffer with a type of personal clostrphobia , if i could i would bin the helmet too , its my risk no one elses , they call that personal responsibility and personal freedom. You stick to brussels mate they'll love you. And as for the police and there fucking advice they'll get the same thing , bikes legal , i,m legal , hav,nt broke any laws so take yer advise and tell somone who gives a fuck.

Last edited by cruisin chris; 24-07-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 24-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Chat Slapper

wow
chill out, always thought a forum was to voice your opinions, on different subjects, ect ect not to be slated, when you disagree with other folks opinions. as for brussels hate them they make you fart, take a chill pill, and sit back and relax, as del boy says you know it makes sense regards

Old 25-07-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
wow
chill out, always thought a forum was to voice your opinions, on different subjects, ect ect not to be slated, when you disagree with other folks opinions. as for brussels hate them they make you fart, take a chill pill, and sit back and relax, as del boy says you know it makes sense regards
sooooo, its ok for you to slate others, but if anyone disagreed with you they need to 'take a chill pill'? i think you'll find that the comments above are indeed people voicing their opinions. i dont see much slating from anyone really. if you think that this discussion is heated then you havent been here when the claws are out. perhaps you really ought to consider looking for a more sedate bike forum. i hear visordown is quite genteel!!!!

Old 25-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Chat Slapper

hi
only said its stupid not to wear the right gear but who gives a fuck, not me go down the road at mega miles wearing flip flops, shorts t-shirts, and cry like bitches at the road side, with your skin ripped off, to the bone.
just hope you enjoy your sunny saturday, or sunday bike ride out, just not for me and others, but now i will word my replies more carefully, as going to a more sedate site, only when hell freezes over, cause as my dad used to say!!!!! well i will not say it as it might offened you sensitive types.
but take care, kindest,regards, enjoy your saturday/sunday rides

Old 25-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Waggerland,
I knew Goat back in the seventies. Somehow I don't think he would be too pleased with having his image associated with your views. I would suggest you
could change your avatar to something more fitting to your opinions, like Mickey Mouse.
Old 25-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Jedi Chat Master

In fact I'll go so far as to say that I find your use of the aforesaid image offensive. Do us all a favor and change it.
Old 25-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Chat Slapper

Default hi

hi there
will do asap as i did not know this picture was of somebody had passed away, i took it from somebodys pictures, as i thought it looked great. regards

Old 25-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Chat Slapper

hi
changed it, asap regards

Old 25-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

You gonna wear a helmet on yer 25grand trike then?

Old 25-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Chat Slapper

hi
yer i might just do that, with a middle finger in the top of it, but i was on my mates trike the other day ( suprise i do have a few) and i did not, but i like the idea of a top lid. and a buff scarf around my kipper, to stop the bugs.
as for the 25k trike, nice, but my mate paid 800 for his, spent a lot more on it over the years, to his own taste. nice trike put a lot of effort in it, changed quite a bit on it, so i might keep my 25k, go to brussels, for a holiday, or go to disney land to see micky mouse, but what ever im going to do with it, its my fuxking choice. regards

Old 25-07-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid View Post
You gonna wear a helmet on yer 25grand trike then?

lol....................