100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 24-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Chat Pimp

We started to organise similar protests here in ireland same day and got the same shitheads response. So we are meeting in groups outside the cities and then riding as groups to the city centres and parking up for a chat. As you do. Now nobody has an excuse not to protest. But time will tell.. will keep ye posted.
Old 24-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Chat Slapper

Use the http://www.writetothem.com/ website follow the instructions and mail em all, Voice your objections and opinions, And if you write to them they must reply. Good innit.
Old 25-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

EU Ombudsman is obviously getting hammered as I just got this

Strasbourg, 25.08.2011 S2011-141353

Complaint 875/2011/JF

Dear Sir/Madam,

You have made an application for access to documents concerning the above-mentioned case.

Many other people have made the same request. For practical reasons, therefore,

the Ombudsman has decided to provide access by means of an internet link to the relevant documents.

Because of the length of one of the documents concerned, more time is needed

to complete the practical arrangements to put the link in place. The link will be sent to you as soon as possible and at the latest by 31 August 2011.

Yours sincerely,

European Ombudsman

Peter Bonnor

Head of the Registry
Old 26-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Chatter Box

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...cfc56491&msa=0

map of meeting points
Old 26-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurzel View Post

Many other people have made the same request. For practical reasons, therefore,

the Ombudsman has decided to provide access by means of an internet link to the relevant documents.
That's the system clogged up, now lets to clog up their bandwith as soon as we get that link.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 27-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Need to Get out More!

Default what

what about all the learners has mag forgot about them ? i will be on the leeds mag run from ferry bridge services to hearts head moor services all motorway,
why is there not an alternative run for learners & smaller bikes being organised in each area
Old 31-08-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
what about all the learners has mag forgot about them ? i will be on the leeds mag run from ferry bridge services to hearts head moor services all motorway,
why is there not an alternative run for learners & smaller bikes being organised in each area
I beleive based on the lack of any learners at the last Brum demo it was decided that the advantages of easy to follow routes (Mx from Jct Y to Jct Z) Outweiged the slight disadvantage to a few people around the country.
Old 31-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Chat Slapper

In response to one of my eMails .....

Dear Mr G**th,

Thank you for contacting me, regarding the EU's latest scheme to impede on our freedoms, and justify the huge expense of the bureaucracy it maintains.

UKIP MEPs completely oppose this legislation, and will vote against it. It is just another case of how Brussels is intent on supporting big business interests over those of the people and consumer.

We are saddened that the ratcheting up of controls from Brussels is going un opposed by our mainstream politicians, and indeed they are supported by them.

We see it as our duty to be the voice of reason in Brussels, and to do our best (media permitting) to bring to the attention of the British people, the realities of our membership of the European Union.

Sincerely

Mr John Bufton MEP

www.johnbufton.eu

Last edited by Fox; 31-08-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:53 AM

We actually got an MEP to turn up to the Reading MAG Lion rally look round the show bikes and listen to the NABD rep there about how the anti tampering would affect their work.

She wrote about it on her blog

http://www.martaandreasen.com/?p=845
Old 01-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Chat Virgin

Default A protest with clout

I think a good protest would be to identify the constituency town of a transport minister or MP who is supporting the proposals. The next step is to ride into that town early on a Saturday morning and legally take every parking space available and keep it (no cars, no shopping). This would then have a massive impact and that individual MP would feel the back-lash. I think the motorway is a good idea, but we must also think strategically by having selective protest area's. You have to hurt those at the spearhead of the campaign. You could even take all the parking area in the MP's street for a mile long; residents would then have to walk a mile to and from their cars.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haji13 View Post
I think a good protest would be to identify the constituency town of a transport minister or MP who is supporting the proposals. The next step is to ride into that town early on a Saturday morning and legally take every parking space available and keep it (no cars, no shopping). This would then have a massive impact and that individual MP would feel the back-lash. I think the motorway is a good idea, but we must also think strategically by having selective protest area's. You have to hurt those at the spearhead of the campaign. You could even take all the parking area in the MP's street for a mile long; residents would then have to walk a mile to and from their cars.
Great idea except this is EU legislation not UK - it will likely never be debated in the UK parliment as with regard to driving licences etc etc we have already ceded power to europe to allow for harmoinised rules to allow free trade. That in itself is a good thing - it is the implementation which is bad as I have yet to see them allowing 14yo's to ride mopeds in the UK like france. There is no sponsoring politician in the UK to point the finger at.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Chat Virgin

Pretty sure you`re right, there is no vote on it by our MPs, only the emp`s, i`ve emailed mine for the area thursday, only had one def reply on the no vote and that was from Stuart Gulleford Political Advisor - Eastern Counties on behalf of Stuart Agnew MEP UKIP and that stated he would def be voting against the legislation, only other reply was thanking me for email, no answer as the way they gonna vote yet. would be interesting to see who intends to vote which way. U can find your mep`s for your area and email em thru WriteToThem.com. they have to reply i believe.
Anyway, i`ll be going on the 25th, the mrs 2 if she aint had her op.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Chat Slapper

I had a letter from my local MP yesterday ....

Dear Mr G**th,

Thank you for your recent email concerning proposed changes by EU for motorcycle owners.

Having read and noted your comments you made I would advise that I have today written on your behalf to Secretary of State for Transport, Philip Hammond MP, enclosing a copy of your correspondence.

I trust this is Acceptable and will write to you again once I have received a response.

Yours sincerely

Chris Evans MP

So emailing MP's really does get a response, mail yours.........

Last edited by Fox; 06-09-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

As far as I'm concerned, those saying "what's the point?", "won't make a difference" and all that old shite have just waived their right to complain if the proposals become law.

Try to do something about it or shut the fuck up - that's my view.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Three weeks to go folks. Those who do intend to take part, please make sure your bikes are legal and you look out for each other on the ride. You can bet the powers that be know about this protest and I would hate to see anyone get in bother needlessly whilst trying to make our collective voices heard.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 05-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Qualified Sniggerer (MDLCSS)

I just cant make my mind up which one to go on A1, M1, M11....I am near all three ! How typical ! !
Old 05-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Chat Slut

I used Writetothem.com and got responses from all three Euro MP's for the South West. The Earl of Dartmouth's reply was very supportive of the custom scene, the other two were long boring shit.

A person told me at the weekend that MAG were advising the wearing of hi viz tabards for the run on the 25th.
Is this mischief or true?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Jedi Chat Master

was just over on facebook and saw this post so i thought i would copy it onto here

Ok I will not be going on the mag demo on 25th sept, Why you ask Well i phoned a mag member and asked if it was ok for me to contact all the local news papers in each of the meet point areas and let them know all about the demo, I was told on the phone NO as mag donít want to get the press involved, WTF So i said sod you and sod mag and slammed the phone down So on that note mag can go KISS MY BIG FAT HAIRY ARSE.
end quote

now obviously don't know the full story but i thought that mag would be interested in all of the publicity they could get for this
Old 06-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Chat Pimp and lover of the Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
I just cant make my mind up which one to go on A1, M1, M11....I am near all three ! How typical ! !
I'll be on the M11 Beano , pop down and join us , i,ve got the red triumph with the black hard panniers on back . And i'll be the most chilled out (new meds working) see you then hopfully.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Self opinionated twat

Send a message via Yahoo to hacky

well as far as i know..the sarfwest contingent are meeting up at exeter..then back to swcs..for a barbie-cue..and tea/coffee etc..
everyone invited..(you might have to buy a t-shirt mind)..lol
Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Chatter Box

I am off to warwick services on the M40. Going north with WARWICK MAG then heading south on M5 onto M50 then to Lower Load for lunch.
I plan to make a day of it.

On the evening im e-mailing my mp and mep.

Going to print a few flyers to give to motorists at the services, no point doing this ride if other road useres donot understand why its happening.

Plan to get a cheap day glo to write on so any delayed motorist also is informed wat it is about. Not quite sure what to put on it though. Any sugestions?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Chat Slut

I designed and priced these low viz black tabards up and can get them made for a fiver. I spoke to MAG at the Bristol Bike Show and posted on their Facebook about it, no response/interest.
I reckon Joe Public will see a lot of bikes riding very slowly on a Sunday and just assume it's a HOG outing.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by t120paul View Post
Looks good but I wonder why we aren't using the bridges..although motorbikes don't pay to use the severn bridge we all have to stop..

Same with the tunnels.

John.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Chatter Box

Looks good but I wonder why we aren't using the bridges..although motorbikes don't pay to use the severn bridge we all have to stop..

Same with the tunnels.

Nothing to stop you doing a bridge or 2 with your mates, just pick a route and go fot it.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:03 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastyman View Post
was just over on facebook and saw this post so i thought i would copy it onto here

Ok I will not be going on the mag demo on 25th sept, Why you ask Well i phoned a mag member and asked if it was ok for me to contact all the local news papers in each of the meet point areas and let them know all about the demo, I was told on the phone NO as mag donít want to get the press involved, WTF So i said sod you and sod mag and slammed the phone down So on that note mag can go KISS MY BIG FAT HAIRY ARSE.
end quote

now obviously don't know the full story but i thought that mag would be interested in all of the publicity they could get for this
No press, no f'ckin' point!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Buster View Post
That's the bit that concerns me too, the general public will just assume we're all part of the usual sunny Sunday mob.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Buster View Post

+1
Old 09-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Jedi Chat Master

I see MCN have done a story on it but omitted the date.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:40 PM

I am surprised as we were told MAG nationally is going to town with the press effort
Old 13-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Only another twelve days and I have decided to give this motorway protest my best shot..whatever the weather..so I have got eleven days to get my old Honda vt700 on the road, I've cleaned the spiders out, done the clutch, master, slave, bleed nipple, and braided hose, new rear tyre and tube, new brake shoes, charged battery, new plugs, bit of black and clear paint, checked fan, new oils and grease, checked the electrics, really just got to refit the tank and seats, flush the coolant and get the engine running..pity it's only a 700 but if it runs it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick..If it runs well I'll make a day of it..

Might have a bit of trouble with the carbs..they all seem to shoehorn them in..

John.