100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Chatter Box

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie View Post
As we form this collective to Demonstrate against these new proposals why dont we make a few proposals of our own and turn the fukin screw a bit tighter....how about NO ROAD TAX for all 2 wheeled vehicles...how about NO TOLL CHARGES for all 2 wheeled vehicles..how about USE OF BUS LANES for all two wheeled vehicles.....bout time we all grew some bollox and made some demands of our own...United we stand ..divided we fall...
fully agree with ya dixie .
Old 06-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie View Post
As we form this collective to Demonstrate against these new proposals why dont we make a few proposals of our own and turn the fukin screw a bit tighter....how about NO ROAD TAX for all 2 wheeled vehicles...how about NO TOLL CHARGES for all 2 wheeled vehicles..how about USE OF BUS LANES for all two wheeled vehicles.....bout time we all grew some bollox and made some demands of our own...United we stand ..divided we fall...
One in a million chance of success, but if we fail we're no worse off than now.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Chat Slut

I'll be there on the 25th, if there are no meets near me I'll ride up and down my High st. shouting.
Do anything you can.
Do nothing if you want, but don't try to justify it.
If you can't be arsed to use your democratic rights to attempt to protect and preserve something you believe in, what use are they?
MEP's are the ones to write to (unless you believe that's a waste of time too).
They actually vote on this shit.
I used writetothem.com to send a letter about customising/anti tamper to the MEP's for the SWest, got a very positive reply back from the Earl of Dartmouth and form letters back from the others.
Read up on "Dazzle Camouflage" if you think Hi Viz works.
Tell people, bikers, civilians, coppers, whoever will listen. Tell them it's all bollocks.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

There's this one......Mid Devon MAG (Motorcycle Action Group)

25 September 12:30 - 15:30
Exeter services M5 J30

And this one

Taunton MAG (Motorcycle Action Group )

Hope the links work.

V&J Superbikes Bridgwater

Unit 3 Riverside Mill, Wylds Road,

Bridgwater Somerset, TA6 4BH
V&J Superbikes Bridgwater

Unit 3 Riverside Mill, Wylds Road,

Bridgwater Somerset, TA6 4BH

We've been campaigning with MAG from the early 1970s, We've become cynical and disillusioned. What we need is young enthusiastic people to take over from us old uns but be prepared to fight battles where no-one notices your efforts. Win battles to find you have to do it all over again cos they've re-instated the idea in a different form six months after a 5 year battle.

I'll be at the demo, because if it's a poor turn out we lose.
But don't expect a huge turn out mean we win.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Our deputy rep is going to arrange a nice little bimble along the A14 for that day. My concern with it being a Sunday is that we'll all just be taken for the usual 'Sunny Sunday' mob, its far from unusual to see lots of bikes on the road on that particular day of the week. We'll all have a jolly nice ride out, deliver several thousands more in duty to the Treasury, yet no fucker apart from us will notice.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Chat Virgin

Default I,m there

Il get a few crazies to join the ride.The dates in the diary!!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

I believe in Thames Valley idea is West Berks Mag are doing Chievely J13 to J11 while Reading do Reading Services/ J11 to J8/9. Wycombe are doing part of M40
Old 08-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Chat Slut

Does anyone know if there is any in Sussex or Hampshire as I could not find any info.

Cheers
Old 08-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

i had word back from a mag rep today saying they are going to issue starting points next week
Old 08-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Chat Slapper

Jus been reading this thread and gotta say i'm saddened but hardly suprised we're getting raped by the EU regs folks again..
If i had a bike on the rd at the moment, i'd defo be up for the 25th, but alas i dont.
Dont know if its already been done or mentioned in a previous thread but, has this been petitioned? Cuz anyone can action a legal petition at the following address http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_066327

It needs to be written by someone who has a clear understanding of the proposed regs and ideally be backed up with as much substantial reasoning against the proposed regs. (Nik i'd say you could do this easily) and as much backing as poss by nabd,mag etc..
I'd like to think if a petition was actioned by us, and details posted across as many bike sites as poss you would get a considerable amount of signees.
gotta be worth a shot???
This link may also be of use... http://www.parliament.uk/get-involve...y/petitioning/

and apologies if this has already been done, i'm outta the loop since i'm bikeless.... but surely yet another petition might help towards the cause..

jay

Last edited by onebaddaddy; 08-08-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Nik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick2 View Post
i had word back from a mag rep today saying they are going to issue starting points next week
That's good to hear!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Chat Slut

Spot on
Old 08-08-2011, 07:27 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

"Plans for the day (25th Sept) are that all over the country riders meet at midday in M-way services (or suitable similar if there's no motorway to hand) and at exactly 13.00 groups of riders set off to ride perfectly legally at a sedate Sunday 45/50mph on the country's motorway network. Perhaps over bridges, near the confluence of other motorways etc".

totally fuckin' pointless.

there's already hundreds of thousands of people driving about at 28mph every sunday afternoon for a couple of hours, and they're not protesting about anything.

they're called old people.

riding about on a sunday afternoon in late summer at 50-ish and you'll spend the whole time filtering.......

15mph on a monday between 7am & 9am, or a friday between 4 & 6 and i might be interested, but 50 on a fekkin' sunday??? it's just a waste of petrol.

and the grand prix is on......
Old 08-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Unless a high profile news interview has been arranged for Sunday news with TV radio and national newspapers interviewing someone who can explain what it is all about and the dangers of ignoring the wishes of thousands of bikers, this could all pass off without anyone noticing.

John.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

what a bunch of pessimistic hoors.
bet the french arent thinking like that, ffs get oot on yer bike and at least make an effort, you never know, it might just make folks aware.
sitting in the hoose will do fuck all and thats a fact!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:26 PM

it'll save me wasting petrol riding about pointlessly.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
bet the french arent thinking like that, ffs get oot on yer bike and at least make an effort, you never know, it might just make folks aware.
Nope but it would be better use of everyones time if an effective media camp was in place.
Otherwise it will go largely unreported and unnoticed.
The idea of doing anything is better then doing nothing is simply not true.
Not degrading the efforts but simply pointing out that the end result from the public and those you are trying to influence will be a
Old 09-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Chat Slapper

It could do defo with plenty of media coverage. And the more I've been reading the more I think it needs multiple modes of attack. Do the day/s of protest,get as many people,family,friends as you can to sign this http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/5334
Contact the ombudsman (see the help fight the EU thread)
Anyone game to draft up a letter we can all print off and bombard number 10 and our local mps with???
Old 09-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Need to Get out More!

How is it pointless....it will certainly show us all that MOTOR CYCLIST can and will mobilise and unite ....if it can be done on a sunday..it can be done at ANY time in the future...im sure the prospect of that happening in the future will not go un noticed..
Old 09-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Chat Slapper

Just mailed this to the local mp n relevant gov dept.

Dear (insert name)

Once again, the unelected EU are coming up with something which will affect me directly, impose on my liberty and leave me financially very much out of pocket.

The below excerpts from EU proposals are listed below and I'm very concerned as a law-abiding motorcyclist,and owner of standard factory specification,customised and classic/vintage motorcycles, all of which will be illegal if the proposed legislation goes through!

My motorcycles,as are 99% of legitimate UK motorcyclists, are MOT'd and comply with all useage regulations and specifications,and kept in a more than road worthy condition for the obvious safety reasons. UK motorcyclists don't need a faceless,and most importantly unelected beaurocrat in Brussels telling us our motorcycles are unsafe and imposing strict,unnecessary legislation, so that the lesser road educated car drivers don't run into us. Which ironically is usually blamed on the motorcyclist.Yes there are an irresponsible minority of motorcyclists but it is just that a very,VERY small minority, especially when You consider how dangerously many people drive their cars on a daily basis.

I would like to know what yourself and the Governments position is on this and I would hope that you will stand up for the British motorcycling public on this issue.

We grow so very tired of the undemocratic EU and its constant meddling in the running of the UK and it's law. I,as do many others,feel persecuted and that it is long overdue that the UK left this undemocratic disaster of a European experiment.

Look forward to your response.

Yours Sincerely

(insert signature & contact details.)

The Anti tampering Regulation: Specifically Article 18 which wants to stop all modifications to complete power train, from airbox to controlling the rear tyre profile.
Compulsory ABS. If we can't stop this, we must get a switch so that we have an option in difficult conditions where ABS doesn't function well.
Automatic headlights on- passing the blame for poor observation on to us.
OBD. On Board Diagnostics so that easy roadside checks can be made of our emissions and so that constant readouts of engine performance can be obtained. Expensive, complicated and with the threat, rather like a tacho, of identifying past riding style...
RMI. Repair and Maintenance Information. Rather than keeping it hidden and available for huge expense, there is a chance that manufacturers will be forced to provide ECU codes etc for a fee. What that fee is remains to be seen.
The very worrying article 52: "If systems, components or seperate technical units on a list in a delegated act to this regulation, have a dual use, for vehicles intended exclusively for racing on roads and for vehicles intended for use on public roads, they may not be sold or offered for sale to consumers" So if your K&N filter can fit a CBR race bike and a CBR road bike, the best way to police that, is to make it illegal to sell the filter in Europe.The Delegated Acts are the most scary thing, as they are the lists and details drawn up by the unelected and we won't get to see what they are including until after the Regulation has been passed!
In solidarity with the French we need to be drawing attention to their recent government proposal to ban all bikes over 7 years old from an urban area and to make the wearing of day-glo/ reflective clothing compulsory.
Full sleeve day-glo clothing for riders and passengers has been proposed in the Irish Parliament too.
All these issues lead to the same thing, that we must take the blame for the incompetence of other road users. And while the emergency stop has been removed as a compulsory element of the UK car driving test, we are jumping through hoops with ill-judged UK interpretations of EU licencing directives.
Another EU licencing Directive is on its way (3DLD) to step the bike licencing system still further and the DfT and DSA still haven't sorted the consultation process, even though it is meant to be in law by now and enacted January 2013.

I'll let you kno if I get a response...doubt it, they'll be too busy with the twats that are rioting.

Obd
Old 09-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Chat Pimp

How about we all write to the MEPs complaining that we, as a minority, are being discriminiated against by these proposed Draconian acts? Under articles 10 & 14 of the European convention of Human Rights (below)

Article 10 - expression
Main article: Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights

Article 10 provides the right to freedom of expression, subject to certain restrictions that are "in accordance with law" and "necessary in a democratic society". This right includes the freedom to hold opinions, and to receive and impart information and ideas, but allows restrictions for:

interests of national security
territorial integrity or public safety
prevention of disorder or crime
protection of health or morals
protection of the reputation or the rights of others
preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence
maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary

Article 14 - discrimination

Article 14 contains a prohibition of discrimination. This prohibition is broad in some ways, and narrow in others. It is broad in that it prohibits discrimination under a potentially unlimited number of grounds. While the article specifically prohibits discrimination based on "sex, race, colour, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, association with a national minority, property, birth or other status", the last of these allows the court to extend to Article 14 protection to other grounds not specifically mentioned such as has been done regarding discrimination based on a person's sexual orientation.

At the same time the article's protection is limited in that it only prohibits discrimination with respect to rights under the Convention. Thus, an applicant must prove discrimination in the enjoyment of a specific right that is guaranteed elsewhere in the Convention (e.g. discrimination based on sex - Article 14 - in the enjoyment of the right to freedom of expression - Article 10).

Bit of a long shot but worth a try

Protocol 12 extends this prohibition to cover discrimination in any legal right, even when that legal right is not protected under the Convention, so long as it is provided for in national law.

Last edited by Fungus; 09-08-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Nope but it would be better use of everyones time if an effective media camp was in place.
Otherwise it will go largely unreported and unnoticed.
The idea of doing anything is better then doing nothing is simply not true.
Not degrading the efforts but simply pointing out that the end result from the public and those you are trying to influence will be a
ok then m8, youve been appointed media co-ordinator
the starting points of demos should be released next week, gives you plenty of time to organise something.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
ok then m8, youve been appointed media co-ordinator
the starting points of demos should be released next week, gives you plenty of time to organise something.
Since i pay for a pr guy,http://highlightspr.co.uk/
Then if MAG wants coverage they can pay as well
Old 21-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Chat Virgin

Default 25th September - Action Now! EU Hands Off Biking

On the 25th September you can make your voice heard. Starting from service areas across the country, we all ride at 1pm and vanish 20 minutes later. This is the first time.

Offical FB page now live...'like' it to show you are attending....

All start points (inc interactive map) and more details can be found on:

Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/25th-S...530962?sk=wall

or

http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6883

There's a raft of issues emanating from Europe that will have a profound effect on riders and the motorcycle industry generally and we must stand up. Some of them are driven by the EU Commission, like the new Type Approval and Market Surveillance Regulation that will see the introduction of compulsory ABS, the sealing of powertrains from airbox to the diameter and aspect ratio of the rear tyre, restrictions on the aftermarket industry, possible roadside checks by police or other Gov agencies to inspect emissions or for owner 'tuning' and more.

There's EU funded development of electronics to control and govern speeds either through warning systems or actual throttle control and the plans in Ireland for compulsory, full sleeve day-glo jackets for riders and pillions.

As with France, where reflective/day-glo clothing is being debated, the onus should not be on the victim. Will insurance companies start saying that because we weren't dressed in day-glo it's our own fault that an inattentive driver drove into us?

France also wants to ban bikes over 7 years old from urban areas for environmental reasons! Their congestion is already terrible and putting more riders into cars that pollute terribly when they are stationary, is bonkers.

Bikes are part of the urban transport solution, not problem.

Enough! There will be a vote by the MEP committee discussing the above Regulation, at the start of October (4th/5th or 6th). We need them to listen. They represent us. MAG and many others in the motorcycle community are negotiating hard with our own Government and our European representatives.

Join us to keep EU hands off biking.

We will be listing all the actual start points here, on the Riders Are Voters.org website and many other places. We've already got venues from Plymouth to Aberdeen on most M-ways and major trunk routes, but if you or your bike club would like to be a 'starter', contact us for co-ordinated action.

Website
http://www.mag-uk.org

Last edited by jennycook; 21-08-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 22-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Chat Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
it'll save me wasting petrol riding about pointlessly.
wont it be a grand excuse to go for a ride. as if we needed an excuse
Old 22-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Chat Pimp and lover of the Welsh

You can't clog up a motorway on a sunday afternoon, There just is'nt enough traffic , it needs to be done on a weekday when you can clogg up all the truckers on the motorways , They don't mind they get paid whether thy're stationary or not but the delay in transport costs buisness money . When a demo costs buisness , then buisness gets onto parliments back. When the truckers blocked up the oil refinerys we where getting that coverage but the greedy car drivers did'nt back us and goverment just changed the law so we could'nt protest in that way ever again and everybody got the petrol stations filled up again , and now your paying 135 a liter. We complained at 100 a liter and it was working but we needed everybodys support. Did you know the cost of red diesil is 75p a liter. Big difference eh, amazing how much the gov have on top considering the garage has a mark up of 2p a liter and some of the supermarkets actualy sell at cost. This demo will be a pointless exercise on motorways , but i am going to fuck up parliment square that afternoon and anyone wishing to join me , knock yourselfs out , meet you there .
Old 22-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Just an idea...

Why dont we all go to our local petrol stations at 1.00pm on the appointed day and take around 30-60 minutes in filling up?
Take a leek.
Check your tyre pressures at the pump.
Check the oil at the pump.
Check the water at the pump.
Check your bungee straps are secure.
Check your tax disc is in date.
Check for rust.
Go and queue and ask the cashier if you can change a 20 note for something smaller to pay for air..
Go and queue with all the other paying bikers.
Pay in pennies.
Or by card.
Dont forget your chocolate.
Or the newspaper.
Or the can of oil at the back of the shop.
Then change your mind and put it back on the shelf.
Have a coffee at the machine.
Clog the whole place up.
Solid.
How many coppers would it take to shift 1000's of bikers in one go from thousands of petrol stations across the country?
How many car drivers would recognise that there are in fact many more of us than they think and that we are already very visable by us being there in such numbers and we too have a say in how our lives are run?
How many of them would get out of their cars and try giving us all a mouthful?
How much petrol would actually be sold to the bikers in a given period and would the petrol companies recognise that we pay a large proportion into their accounts.
And the government its coffers.
And how much would both the companies and the government lose in one hour by us denying car, van and lorry drivers to fill up?
How many times a week could we do this?
How many of us have got mobiles and blackberrys?
How can little scrote chavs wreck major cities in an evening using the same devices and all we can do is go for a pootle on a sunday?
When are we going to grow some balls and backbone and really stand up for our rights?
When are we going to get noticed?
Stop fucking about and playing the governments namby pamby way of getting things done (or not) and do it our way!!!

(Written with no intention of incitement to commit riotous behavior).....
Old 23-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Chat Virgin

yep, im with griff on this one.
Old 23-08-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddman View Post
Well I see the usual 'whats the point.............it dont /wont make no difference' posts up ...........at least have a go like me ,then at least you can say 'i made a bit of an effort'.......one of the things that get my back up is the biker that says 'whats MAG and others doin about it ' and the tight bstrds have never been a member ..like other posts have said thousands turn out in france ..and effall here ................personally I sometimes think we deserve wat will happen...........AT LEAST MAKE A FUCKIN EFFORT
Quote:
Spot on, all too often we get threads on here extolling the virtues of demonstrations and disruptions caused by those we either liberated or defeated in 1945, however, when we get a chance to do something co-ordinated to raise the profile of a cause of our own, all the naysayers and negatives jump up with the "no good or pointless" statements and whatever else they can think of to cry it down, then when the unpopular motion is carried, the same naysayers whinge the loudest.

Get the fuck out there and make your point, because if you do nothing, then nothing will stop the bored, unelected bureaucrats spoiling your lives.
Old 23-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Chat Pimp and lover of the Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff2000 View Post
Just an idea...

(Written with no intention of incitement to commit riotous behavior).....
Bollox , lets start a riot about eu motorbike plans , i'll happily do four months for that , we could all go down to westminster and throw chavs through parliment windows and noise pollute with loud pipes . Bikers take to the street and throw politicians into the thames , ah i can visualise the news as we think about it. NOW thats a protest .