Notices

Old 28-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Chat Slapper

Default Have You Ever Sold A Bike......

and then regretted it?

I want my bike back
Old 28-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Did ye keep the feckin tassles fer yer trike ........cmon missus Only two places where tassles are permissable.....

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/
Old 28-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Chat Slapper

Tassles were sold with the bike. The ones on the trike are a different set.
Old 28-03-2013, 09:14 AM

And yes sold my blade had it from new repainted changed every nut bolt screw on it. Ex wifes business was about to go bust would have lost the house everything.

Sold the bike to my mate two weeks later he totalled it ...he still wonders why he is called arse....

It took me three years of time effort and money calling in favours doing favours to get it just right.....

Three different shades of black even named it "Hot Black"

Never ever felt the same about another bike was actually in tears the day it went ....

That bike honestly had soul and am sure it spoke to me ....sounds really hippy trippy stuff but that how I felt about it....worst part when ex and I divorced she ended up with the house and tossed every picture of my bikes out ...I dont even have a single picture of my bike.

Old 28-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default tiger 100

mate in a pub, many years ago: i know a bloke got an old bike in a shed

& I bought it: a dark rusty tiger 100, with an ally engine, i paid 150 for it & 3 weeks later another mate beat me around the head with ca$h & i sold it on....

to this day, 35 years later i miss that bike.

i miss me sportster i sold to Pastyman-I dont miss the later 2008 sportster i had for a year or more tho.

i miss me first honda 250, me yammi 250's & the triumph 3ta that followed them that i, er, customised....

amongst other brit chops which got me banned from ridge farrants (not by the old man-he was too decent for that) in gosport hants. for 'fiddling with triumphs'

a ban which appears to still be in effect.
Old 28-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

I miss the AJS I sold in 1962
Old 28-03-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickturate View Post
'fiddling with triumphs'
Must admit am quite partial to a wee bit of Triumph fiddling masel.....

Old 28-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Need to Get out More!

I miss every bike i have ever sold..I wish i was in a position to have kept em all..when ya put a lot of time and miles into a bike it becomes part of ya...But a head full of plans n dreams that need funding mean they just gotta go.
Old 28-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Chatter Box

i feel exactly the same as dixie, but with the amount of bikes ive owned i'd need one hell of a big shed

The one i miss most is my first GS1000s that i'd rebuilt from 2 wrecks on a very limited budget over the course of 2 years, i sold it because it was a case of look after the kids etc or keep the bike!....... i still keep tabs on it & know its on the insurance database & taxed so hopefully someone is still getting a load of fun out of the old girl
Old 29-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Chatter Box

I regretted selling my z 650 years ago. haven't made the same mistake twice cause I've had my Honda ntv since 1995. can't bear to part with it.
Old 13-04-2013, 11:08 PM
Chatter Box

I thought it would be my 350 YPVS N1 i had in the eighties, but no, it is my CBR600FX i bought from a student for 690. A set of stainless 150 Delkevic downpipes from D+K and a manual cam chain tensioner (50), a damn good clean and my 890 FX was as sweet as a nut. It was almost as fast as my RRW Blade and had much better handling. Flat out with 170 showing on the clock in the dark is an abiding memory, as is a certain tightening shellgripped dual carrigeway exit which loops through 270 degrees on the way to my daughters house, i loved that bike. Sold it for 1500 and the bloke nearly took my arm off.

I think thats why ive still got my RRW after 8 years, i've put so much work into it, and thought, worry, love, hate, anger, joy, and of course CASH, that i know that i just cant ever let my little Duce Coupe go.
Old 14-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Chatter Box

Send a message via AIM to Gregg1100
Default Have You Ever Sold A Bike......

I bought a 79 Z650 B3 from a mate who had dropped it doing 80+ , on a bend when pissing down. With NO tread on rear tyre.
Apart from twisted bars, the crank was bent at the alternator side. A set of s/h cases and a crank job from SEP, the engine was stripped and rebuilt. I sold it 3 years later to get a car, then re bought it when it came up for sale again.
A really good and quick bike--easy to work on. After a Z250, it was like a rocket, lol.
3 GT 750's, plus 3 GPz 500's, a GT 550, EN 500, and Z1R later, ( got too heavy for me, and that Z1R front cable to hydraulic splitter was crap), I still miss my first big bike.
When I sold it again, it was still in original green, but someone altered that to a junk blue clour.
92 Kawa GT 550 G7 Shaft ( or me shafted)
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10

Last edited by Gregg1100; 14-04-2013 at 12:54 AM. Reason: additional text
Old 14-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Greg you wern't living in Sengenydd at the time were you ? if so i remember that bike you beat me to it with the cash then you put a rickman faring on it that you had from me
Old 14-04-2013, 04:45 PM

My Jota ........... I knew i was going to get banned for 2 years (and did), didn't think it was sooo special until I sold it. Now I need a lottery win to buy one again
Old 14-04-2013, 07:38 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Send a message via MSN to excalibur

I also got a ban due to a Jota (mine was only 30 days though) and have seen the prices they go for now. Would love one as a second bike as dont think my knackered back would stand up to it being an every day bike now.

Here is what got me a ban, excuse the crappy video, back in 1986 portable video was a bit primative

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RaSHNAdnRI
Old 14-04-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
I also got a ban due to a Jota (mine was only 30 days though) and have seen the prices they go for now. Would love one as a second bike as dont think my knackered back would stand up to it being an every day bike now.

Here is what got me a ban, excuse the crappy video, back in 1986 portable video was a bit primative

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RaSHNAdnRI
Brilliant, the unmistakeable sound ......

BTW, the 2 year ban was because I was already under a 3 month ban when I got caught for drink driving as well (no excuses) and as driving while banned is a criminal offence, not a motoring one, I also ended up with a 350 fine and 120 hours community service. I really paid for it, I ended up getting married and with a mortgage in those 2 years as well. I was youngster of 21 years old then.

Last edited by Strider; 14-04-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 15-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

When you really think about it none of us should ever regret selling a bike..

I sold a great Matchless G11 for 25..I can't remember the reason but at the time I was happy to get 25 for it, I sold quite a few bikes before that and a lot since, all for reasons that seemed reasonable at the time, most of those reasons involved money..

I needed the money at that time more than the bike..

I was moving to another town or country and transporting the bike would have cost more than selling it and buying a new one when I got there..

The bike had been less than perfect and the final repair would have cost more than I was prepared to pay.

I upgraded..

I downsized..

The G11 would be worth a few thousand pounds now but it wasn't then and I couldn't have kept it 45 years without it costing me several thousand pounds over that much time..Just the transport costs to New Zealand and back would have seen that off.

No, I like most of you have sold bikes that I loved, but I have a great bike now that I love riding and that is what really matters.

Now I could say I wish I hadn't sold one of my early bikes, but they were all kickstart, I don't know if I have the strength to start any of them now..

but think of it the other way round, If you could buy a bike made 45 years in the future and bring it back to this time wouldn't that be mind blowing..

Well that is what I have done..I've travelled forward 53 years since I bought my first bike and now I own a bike from 53 years in my future.

I don't regret having sold anything or having done anything in my life..

John.
Old 17-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Chat Pimp

Default I sold

me dad's bike. He give us a right hiding.
Old 17-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
me dad's bike. He give us a right hiding.

You sold your Dads bike? When it was still his and not yours?

You were lucky he didnt nail your skin to the shed.

It beats the hell out of my wheelieing my 1976 RS125 down my street, not wanting to put it down coz i was doing so well, and crashing into the back of my Dads 3 week old VW Polo, luckily he was on holiday so i had a bit of time to prepare him, i had to pay for it too.