Notices

Old 26-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Self opinionated twat

Send a message via Yahoo to hacky
Default chain link frame anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/custom-chopper...item3a661e40a0

Old 26-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't mind riding that just to see if it falls to bits.

John.
Old 26-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Would love to see the MOT testers face
Old 27-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Chat Pimp and lover of the Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Would love to see the MOT testers face
hey thats just like my bike , a thousand fuckin peices held together by dodgy welding and a lot of luck (shit thats just a modern AJS for you).
Old 27-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Self opinionated twat

Send a message via Yahoo to hacky

hey mines 30+ years old and it aint no different...lol
Old 27-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony

if its good enough for larry desmedt, then its good enough for me!

having seen the welding and exhaust tube thats been used in some frames out there, I would think this is a safe risk LOL
Old 27-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

love the gentle: disclaimer.....absolutely no wurries there....just give me yer cash & fuck off
Old 27-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Need to Get out More!

Fooooookin Hell......Brilliant idea.... wonder if its been done before
Old 28-05-2011, 07:37 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Built as a show bike - Says it all really. I'd love to see the bike shows stick marshalls 10 miles out from the showground and put all the bikes that get trailered in their own category. It seems a bit pointless to build a bike that is un-useable in with functioning machines, being able to do a 2mph showground creepround doesn't qualify as a ride. Maybe a 10 mile rideout as part of the judging, to catch the bikes with rear muddies that rub the tyres as happened on biker build off one show. I've nothing against show bikes as such but if the folks building them wouldn't actually dare ride them then something very bike is missing.
I think Indian Larry did a frame like that and then actually did ride it - kudos to him, he built nice bikes and then rode the results, rather than flog the result with a disclaimer.
Old 28-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmosse View Post
Built as a show bike - Says it all really. I'd love to see the bike shows stick marshalls 10 miles out from the showground and put all the bikes that get trailered in their own category. It seems a bit pointless to build a bike that is un-useable in with functioning machines, being able to do a 2mph showground creepround doesn't qualify as a ride. Maybe a 10 mile rideout as part of the judging, to catch the bikes with rear muddies that rub the tyres as happened on biker build off one show. I've nothing against show bikes as such but if the folks building them wouldn't actually dare ride them then something very bike is missing.
I think Indian Larry did a frame like that and then actually did ride it - kudos to him, he built nice bikes and then rode the results, rather than flog the result with a disclaimer.
This has been a two pronged argument for some years now..

on the one hand, if you build a great looking bike that is taxed, insured and roadworthy and then you ride it to a rally and enter it into a show you would feel hard done by if someone entered a concept bike that was not roadworthy and won the first prize...that is unfair..

On the other hand if you build a concept bike for a movie and don't enter it in shows people will be deprived of the pleasure of seeing it in the flesh, so to speak. Also many shows just don't get enough entries to be too selective, every rider who turns up has the right to enter their bike in most shows and I wouldn't have it any other way. Many people who ride to the rally don't want to tie their bikes up in a show all the time they are at a meet just for other people to look at..

We already have so many restrictions that spoil our individuality and restrict our freedoms that unless we relax a bit we are going to go the way of the dodo and end up riding quads with airbags.

Just a thought..

John.
Old 28-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Bollocks. In my last club we just walked round what was on the field, chatting to the owners and supping a beverage. No one needed to enter anything, if you turned up on a bike (and we wouldn't let you in if you didn't), and it was on the field when we walked round (normally just before the evening's entertainment), you were in.

As it should be IMHO...
Old 28-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TektroG View Post
Bollocks. In my last club we just walked round what was on the field, chatting to the owners and supping a beverage. No one needed to enter anything, if you turned up on a bike (and we wouldn't let you in if you didn't), and it was on the field when we walked round (normally just before the evening's entertainment), you were in.

As it should be IMHO...
That would be a good way to go...I seem to remember that was the way it started.

John.
Old 29-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Chat Pimp and lover of the Welsh

back to basics , thats what i say, you should be awarded more points on judging by the more bugs splattered over your helmet in getting there. Biking is not just about the ride you arrive on its the journey that counts regardless of what steed your on. I,m in a philisophical mood today.
Old 29-05-2011, 02:47 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TektroG View Post

As it should be IMHO...
the best stuff's usually in the field anyway, and usually black.