Notices

Old 13-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Chat Virgin

Default Welsh International Motorcycle Show 2011

all Confirmed
The 2011 show will be held at THE ROYAL WELSH SHOWGROUND
the 27th - 30th May 2011
live bands .Late Bars. Fun and Frolics Milatary Displays
Trade stands , Tattooists , Large bike show and custom Builders show and much much more.
Large cash prizes for Bike show
headlining Bands Include
LIMEHOUSE LIZZY - MARSEILLE - HI ON MAIDEN - HELLS BELLS
with live Bands from 12 noon to midnight
£25 in Advance £30 on the gate
Daypasses also Available
Car Parking Just £5
see you this May
Old 13-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Chat Virgin

Our Charities this year are
The Welsh Air Ambulance
N.A.D.B
Combact Stress
Afghan Heroes

NABD MEMBERS GET A 10% Discount at the show
Old 17-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Chat Virgin

www.dragoneventsltd.co.uk
Old 18-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Chat Slapper

Why the same dates as the other show. FFS.
Old 18-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Gotta admit as it only happens once a year it would have been nice to have two rallies that we could have attended, maybe one in the warm weather..Maybe next year common sense will prevail and the two organisers can get together to give us a better deal..I will skip it this year.

John.
Old 18-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Chat Virgin

Default car parking

Any Cars or Vans staying the weekend at the show will be allocated FREE PARKIN Passes with their tickets.
Old 18-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Chat Slapper

You still haven't said why you picked the same dates ?
Old 18-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwca View Post
You still haven't said why you picked the same dates ?
The show has run on those dates in the past and that is the only weekend that the showground had available for us to stage the WELSH International
Old 18-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Chat Slapper

Mmm, not a business man then are you, No one would put a second show on over the road from another show in the same small village. Economical suicide. This might just ruin both shows.
Old 20-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Chat Virgin

I just wanted to say i have been reading the posts on both welsh bike show and No Bull and i think its getting rather pathetic its like one upmanship one says its charging for parking the other says so too then suddenly they change it their not charging now ,then its price on gate one min its so much next its dropped then its trade stands must book up front then its suddenly oh no you can pay on gate makes it look a lot like a lot of the promises that are being made aint so true no wonder people are so wary then you look at the web sites and you notice the welsh show has exactly the same format for their bike show that no bull has run for last few years cant anyone be original these days ffs this back stabbing and rumour mongering is like kids in the playground some people really wanna check whats true when they hear slagging off of others im just waiting for someone to say !!ITS MY BALL AND IM TAKING IT HOME !! think il keep my bloody money and buy some bike bits
Old 21-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

I think I will be changing my mind about this.
Old 23-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Chat Virgin

Default no other dates free on RWAS TWIMS

I have checked the RWAS lists of events for 2011 weekend June 17-18-19th
nothing booked also june 24-25-26th free 01982 553683. so why the same weekend, why not consult with no bull prior to booking this event> I not putting them before you, just think now you may not get support for either show and bikers will be the worse off You todate have given a lot of confusing info between moving venues and now starting new thread again on this page and now its a different company presenting the Welsh international motorcycle show. based on above comment I checked the schedule for No Bull bike competition and yea it is exactly the same as 2009 it could be coincidence but the same date is not. As a biker I would like to have attended both events cant see both been successful and the No Bull is the established one
still a lot of mistrust and money lost when the welsh show collapsed last time.#
I will wait and see before i make my mind up about all of this prob give yours a miss for a year or two. nothing personal and i wish show all the best.
Old 23-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Chat Virgin

Default welsh international motorcycle show

To be quite honest i have had enough with all negative views regarding the welsh international and no bull, the town of builth wells have said they like the welsh international motorcycle show and the no bull to be on and the town of builth will benefit from both shows. I am the secetary of the welsh international and also a biker myself. I know the police cancelled the show and alot of people lost alot of money and i understand how hesident some bikers are but the police have agreed for the event to go ahead and also the builth show ground has also comfimed the event will be on. There is some people who go out of there way to look for negative information about the organizer and not ask him first wich i think is disrecpectful and dam right rude. The event is bigger than the no bull but no bull have been going on now for 3 years which i recpect that, if you would like to go to both events that's great or if you would like to go to one of them that's great to, as my mother used to say if you got nothing good to say don't say anything.
Old 23-02-2011, 03:14 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptress View Post
To be quite honest i have had enough with all negative views regarding the welsh international and no bull, the town of builth wells have said they like the welsh international motorcycle show and the no bull to be on and the town of builth will benefit from both shows. I am the secetary of the welsh international and also a biker myself. I know the police cancelled the show and alot of people lost alot of money and i understand how hesident some bikers are but the police have agreed for the event to go ahead and also the builth show ground has also comfimed the event will be on. There is some people who go out of there way to look for negative information about the organizer and not ask him first wich i think is disrecpectful and dam right rude. The event is bigger than the no bull but no bull have been going on now for 3 years which i recpect that, if you would like to go to both events that's great or if you would like to go to one of them that's great to, as my mother used to say if you got nothing good to say don't say anything.
The whole point of a discussion forum is to discuss. Sometimes that means your going to get negative comments and sometimes positive. If there weren't then it wouldn't be much of a forum, would it ?
Old 23-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Chat Slapper

You need to wise up love. Being a 'biker' doesn't give you any automatic credit. The real Welsh Show was closed down by the show ground people after stupid pressure from the police. A lot of ppl lost money. You come along shouting the name about again and expect us all to jump.

Theres already a decent weekend on then and a limited number of ppl (Bikers) that go to shows now, also its not the only thing on in the country that weekend, so all you have done is probably split a limited amount of ppl up even further.

If you are a 'biker' how come you didn't put the 'bikers' first by putting it on on another date and giving the 'bikers' another time to visit Builth and have a rally.

Well done for sorting out another rally in Wales, thats great but having them both on the same day is totally amateurish and shows no thought.

What makes yours INTERNATIONAL anyway ? why use that name ? Why not respect the ppl who lost out under that name and come up with something different, or was you jumping on the band wagon ?
Old 25-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Chat Virgin

Default What Next !!!

Just put a post under Welsh Show?????????? but here it is on this tread!!

OK have been watching threads comments group of bikers we have always attended this event in the pastso we are all up for it when we saw it was back on in BUilth. No discrespect but what we have not been to the other show in Builth, but sounds ok. I have been asked by my crew to book tickets for the show. I called RWAS in Jan to check the situ as was well hard done by when it was cancelled last time, so wanted to wait before booking. Called again this week, RWAS, nice bird lynwen tells me all is cool and licences in place, so called crew to confirm numbers..

Now cause of the chat on here the guys have told me to check it all out, decided to call plod still waiting call back, so called Powys council, they say NO Licence has been appllied for and there is a big meet with RWAS, plod licencing office next week!! WTF is going on, not impressed, can someone tell the truth? Very sus!!

Maddogs
Old 26-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Chat Virgin

Default Comments on the Welsh Int Bike Show

Come on guys give these people a chance!

Builth Wells is a TOWN not a village and the Bike Show was one of the things keeping the town alive. The small rally next door (and I mean small) was never going to replace the Welsh Bike Show as they don't have the facilities or the size of venue. Lets face it the stallholders had mostly gone home by Saturday afternoon as there hardly anyone there and they were taking no money!!!!!!!

These guys are trying to reinstate the Welsh Show as it was - they are not going to get everything right first time, who does? The bike show used to bring a lot of money to this area that desperately needs it and the atmosphere in the town on the weekend of the show was fantastic. There was never any trouble and the football in the high street on Saturday is legend!!!!

What is it about this country that we all love to put people down for doing what most of us haven't got the guts to do ourselves!!!! Instead of slagging people off and criticising when you don't know the facts get in there and volunteer to help and make it a success!!!!!
Old 28-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Chat Virgin

[QUOTE=Mennis56;605036]

The small rally next door (and I mean small) was never going to replace the Welsh Bike Show as they don't have the facilities or the size of venue. Lets face it the stallholders had mostly gone home by Saturday afternoon as there hardly anyone there and they were taking no money!!!!!!!

As a rally trader, I feel that the back stabbing is only damaging the bike scene in Wales. But I do feel the need to reply to Mennis56.

This will be my 4th year as a trader at The No Bull and I have always enjoyed it there because of the good atmosphere. I have never personally seen a trader leave on Saturday, unless for personal commitments. I have seen a few of the "lets do a rally and make a mint" type of person who goes and complains that they haven't made thousands. If they didn't make a living, why do so many return the next year?

The other point I would like to make is that The No Bull is a rally and the International a show. To me a rally that attracts 500+ is not small. It is all a matter of perspective.

I just wish the International was a different weekend then I would be able to trade at both events. The original show at RWAS was awesome, it was gutting to have it shut down. Organising any event in this day must be a logistical nightmare so I wish them well.

Thanks for letting me add my two penn'th
Old 28-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Chat Virgin

Default Leave No Bull out of it

Quote Mennis 56
WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS COUNTRY THAT WE LOVE TO PUT PEOPLE DOWN FOR DOING WHAT MOST PEOPLE HAVENT GOT THE GUTS TO DO.
Well thatís what we did.
When the WIMS gates closed on the bikers in May 2008, a good few
of them came to stay with us. They asked us to hold a rally for them,
In May the following year, which we did and we called it the No Bull Just Beer and Bikes.

We have had the same weekends, same venue, and same prices for the last three years we have not asked for sponsors or volunteers.
In your opinion we are a small show, we have approx. 650 through the gate!

Trade stands go home Monday and they all return each year.
ĎThe beast Withiní, (The tattoo shop now selling tickets for the TWIMS),
had a stall at the No Bull event in 2009. They asked if they could return,
I still have his email.

So all I ask, is the next time someone asks a question or puts a post up,
That team TWIMS doesnít like, just leave the No Bull out of it.

Facts are what bikers want, and above all a bl**dy good Party.
Old 28-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Chat Virgin

Well well well, What can i say when we see all this BS going on between biker events? How sad and shameful.
We went to the first No Bull event on recommendation by some of our fellow friends from other clubs and was delighted by the reception from all the people involved in making a great weekend, their was no attitude of hierarchy that can often be felt at many of the other dozen or so rallies that we attend every year.
No Bull has convinced us that their is no hidden agenda as to what they are about, they are a no bullshit organisation, they provide the most amazing site with the best panoramic views ever, the entertainment is top notch and the sound & lighting stands second to none, bike shows, silly games, free regular transport into Builth, the proper toilets AND showers...the list goes on.
As we have attended all the No Bull rallies, we have seen the events grow and even more considerate changes & improvements for us the fellow biker.
I know this almost sounds like a sales pitch, but we need to support them that support us, and don`t allow yourselves to miss out on what could be one of your best rallies this year.
Old 28-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Ok, time for some scores ?????

I think its all about even ....... a number of points for the new people (2 points each) who have joined to make their comments and matched by the organisers who get 4 points.

FFS get some bloody dignity all of you and stop acting like spoilt kids. people will make their own opinions and decide which one to go to, others will just say "children!!!" and not go to either

Oh and I don't think anyone of you deserves any of Grav's delicious custard, it would be wasted
Old 28-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Chat Virgin

Default oooo lumpy custard plz ;}

well i just have to have a go at winning the custardi even bought some sponge to eat with it or maybe to wear when i jump in lol. just wanted to say i have attended the No Bull Rally and never noticed any stall holders leaving apart from the one whos stall blew away in the bad weather when she was too busy in the bar watching all the great bands doing as you should in all good rallies and getting pi**ed lol also as for not enough room for a bigger show the venue is huge if you bother to look, with all the facilities you need even showers :} . why people have to have a go I just donít understand, this show started after the old welsh show show closed, got shut down, went bust who knows we never did get a proper answer to that, and used their own initiative and a new name not tried to ride on the back of a name that was once a very successful show aint there enough muck slinging about bikers these days without us slinging it at each other cant we just all agree to disagree and get on and enjoy the year and hope for proper biker weather this summer good luck to both shows The town ( village ) wins either way if you ask me
Old 01-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by busa-babe View Post
this show started after the old welsh show show closed, got shut down, went bust who knows we never did get a proper answer to that
Yeah we did...
Old 01-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Chat Virgin

Default leaving people out of it ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by no bull View Post
Quote Mennis 56
WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS COUNTRY THAT WE LOVE TO PUT PEOPLE DOWN FOR DOING WHAT MOST PEOPLE HAVENT GOT THE GUTS TO DO.
Well that’s what we did.
When the WIMS gates closed on the bikers in May 2008, a good few
of them came to stay with us. They asked us to hold a rally for them,
In May the following year, which we did and we called it the No Bull Just Beer and Bikes.

We have had the same weekends, same venue, and same prices for the last three years we have not asked for sponsors or volunteers.
In your opinion we are a small show, we have approx. 650 through the gate!

Trade stands go home Monday and they all return each year.
The beast Within’, (The tattoo shop now selling tickets for the TWIMS),
had a stall at the No Bull event in 2009. They asked if they could return,
I still have his email.

So all I ask, is the next time someone asks a question or puts a post up,
That team TWIMS doesn’t like, just leave the No Bull out of it.

Facts are what bikers want, and above all a bl**dy good Party.
i find this a very ambigous statment ,and somewhat miss leading toward 'the beastwithin tattoo studio ' yes the studio did have a stall at the rally in 2009 ,we had a good laugh ,but have never been BACK ... We also ain't the only ones selling tickets for the show ,and as you state near the end of you message " just leave the No Bull out of it." have the courtesy to leave the studio "OUT OF IT " thank you

Last edited by strontium90; 01-03-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Ok, time for some scores ?????

I think its all about even ....... a number of points for the new people (2 points each) who have joined to make their comments and matched by the organisers who get 4 points.

FFS get some bloody dignity all of you and stop acting like spoilt kids. people will make their own opinions and decide which one to go to, others will just say "children!!!" and not go to either

Oh and I don't think anyone of you deserves any of Grav's delicious custard, it would be wasted
Well said strider can i have some of that delicious custard before it all goes.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

I knew there were lots of custard lovers out there.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
Trifle just aint right without it.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
I luv it that's given me an idea custard fighting oh yea nice.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptress View Post
I luv it that's given me an idea custard fighting oh yea nice.
Is that, fighting in custard or fighting with custard.

And is it a spectator sport or participation one.

How about mixed doubles ?
Old 01-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
Is that, fighting in custard or fighting with custard.

And is it a spectator sport or participation one.

How about mixed doubles ?
mixed doubles sounds intresting and it's fighting in custard it would be great with my mate she luv's custard to.