100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 26-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Chat Virgin

Default new club logo

ahh fuck-it... centre design it is.
The club is an MCC, this was always worn on the front & will continue to be worn on the front with NO affiliation to any other clubs.. unless you call the BMF a club?! .. this way there is no mistaking who we are...

Last edited by leopard_pagan; 31-01-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 26-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Chat Pimp

looks like a tatoo to me.
sure i have seeen them some where before.
u got the image off google or some ert???
Old 26-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Chat Virgin

i have yes. seem to have the best source for Phoenixes.
i am pondering to add some colour to it mind, more flame/red/orange..
and just realised that the text is a grey.. should be black.

i am kinda leaning to the centre one...
Old 26-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard_pagan View Post

i decided to re-open Beck Row Bikers. I want to take this time to look at where the club has been going wrong,
Did you clear it with your local MC to reopen?
Just asking......
Old 26-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Chat Virgin

we were never associated with any, never obtained permission 7 years ago, never had any problems in the 7 years, local MCs knew we were around & we are located in "no mans land".... always been a MCC, patch on front of jackets. wore mine to all sorts of events in Cambs/Norfolk with no issues.
Its almost as if the club never closed.. just hibernated for 2 weeks!

just taking this chance to clean up the loose ends thats bugged me for a few years. make changes while i/we can

Last edited by leopard_pagan; 26-01-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 26-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Do you not think, with all thats been said on here for the past few weeks, you should reopen in the correct way, and let the other clubs in your area know? You don't get respect, you earn it. Talking to other clubs would be a good start.
Old 26-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Chat Virgin

most of our local ones already know (2 odd weeks ago) as i have always been in close contact with them.. + some even contacted me and asked.
+ i know Paul told both Main Mcs who were in contact over the "other" the plan to re-open. not heard any thing since.

Last edited by leopard_pagan; 26-01-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 26-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Chatter Box

dont want to piss on your chips
but
i think theres a backpatch mc club in lincolnshire that has a pheonix logo(think its orange and red and black)
maybe best to check

Last edited by robbo; 26-01-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 26-01-2011, 08:49 PM

Which begs the question, if you knew other clubs and this group was running so long, why did you try going back patch and act like you knew nothing when it all blew up in your face?
Old 26-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Chat Virgin

i have always known the deal with back patch, how, associations etc etc. i was one of the UK residents who asked the mother ship several times about permissions, etc. being told all was ok.. we all trusted that. more fool us. i was asked to hand over BikerFest event & Beck Row Bikers club bank account to the "other"... i refused as something wasnt right, call it a gut feeling...
For me personally; i like the structure of back patch clubs, the dedication but being a woman, i also knew not many allow women in...anyway.. all that is under the bridge now am i am moving on having learnt valuable lessons.. & no.. i am not put off back patch clubs. Everyone has their place in this world.

the main reason for re-opening the club is the BMF affiliation & public liability for BikerFest. its cheaper to get it via BMF than pay for a policy. BMF covers the whole year, policy's cover single events.. we cant afford the policy costs, but can the BMF affiliation. + we advertise the event in May at the BMF show, key audience.

Last edited by leopard_pagan; 26-01-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 26-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Chat Virgin

phoenix MC (Sydney;Oz & USA) patch looks similar to centre & right logos, but not the same. theirs has colour, a fire under the bird, numbers in the patch.. ours no colour at the moment, doesnt have to be coloured + our name is longer/fonts etc....
most of the other UK Phoeinx mcc (few of them) patches, full colour, text through bird, wings different, most have fire under the bird which changes the shape of the patch.

phoenix is only the image of a re-born club. the name is not changing.

Last edited by leopard_pagan; 26-01-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 26-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard_pagan View Post
i have always known the deal with back patch, ................. i like the structure of back patch clubs, the dedication but being a woman, i also knew not many
allow women in
Well fuck me really?...............

Why TF do you have to have a BACK PATCH?

Respect to those that earn it not those that try and pretend!

Don't wear anything you can't read on yourself when wearing it is good advice IMHO.

This is on my back both on my leather waistcoat and bomber jacket.......

Fuck All........

Name:  2093-right.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  3.8 KB

Regards Knuckle 'ed

Harley-Davidson Rider
Old 27-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

The logo you are suggesting reminds me of those pictures of a really old woman, that turned upside down turns into a tasty young thing after 10 pints.

But having seen photos of the failed club members they are either learners or youngsters, so why not prospect for a real club.

John.
Old 27-01-2011, 01:21 AM

Kinda puts me in mind of Warlocks MC (Lincoln & Lincolnshire) patch at first glance, but having looked, it's not that similar.
But that aint for me to decide.
Old 27-01-2011, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=knuckle;602775]This is on my back both on my leather waistcoat and bomber jacket.......

Fuck All........

jezuz knuckle...We are in the same club..

John.
Old 27-01-2011, 05:38 AM
Jedi Chat Master

I think where Babs is coming from is that she wants to be in a club where every member is as committed as her, and I can empathise with that entirely. I get seriously hacked off at members of my club (not the MAG goup) who cant get up off their fat lazy arses and come a mile across town for a monthly meeting when I have an 80 mile round trip in order to attend. In a similar vein, members who dont attend pre-planned events and dont let us know until the day, members who bitch like fuck about never doing rideouts then cry off when one is arranged, members who turn up to our events when all the setting up is done and then swan around like they're in charge, members who just want to have a patch to sew on, albeit a front patch. I'm reminded of the words of JFK 'ask not what your club can do for you, rather what you can do for your club.'
Fair boils my piss it does.
Old 27-01-2011, 06:49 AM
Chat Virgin

What he said ^^^^^...
best one is the BMFs for us, as soon as they get on site they want to get pissed.. screw the roof over their heads for the weekend! once the marquee is up and sorted.. do what ya want!

Beck Row Bikers is NOT a Back patch or becoming one.. its a MCC front patch. Where it was before all this shite... nothings changed there.

As to old members, none of them were learners, the bikes ranged from Blackbirds, Harleys, CBR400, CBR6, R1, Bandits,TLR even a vintage grass track racer.. we had no learners but we certainly never turned them away.
They'll get invited back but with the understanding that dedication will be expected.
Prospecting is on the books: 3 meetings, 3 ride outs, 3 events or combo of one from all 3 before you get anything.
A code of conduct of sorts may get drawn up, before we had rules that you agreed to. many of those rules will stay.
Old 27-01-2011, 07:37 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufkamp View Post
I think where Babs is coming from is that she wants to be in a club where every member is as committed as her, and I can empathise with that entirely. I get seriously hacked off at members of my club (not the MAG goup) who cant get up off their fat lazy arses and come a mile across town for a monthly meeting when I have an 80 mile round trip in order to attend. In a similar vein, members who dont attend pre-planned events and dont let us know until the day, members who bitch like fuck about never doing rideouts then cry off when one is arranged, members who turn up to our events when all the setting up is done and then swan around like they're in charge, members who just want to have a patch to sew on, albeit a front patch. I'm reminded of the words of JFK 'ask not what your club can do for you, rather what you can do for your club.'
Yup, and the very reasons I won't join an MCC ever again!
Old 27-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Mortis, if there was an alternative to an MCC near me I'd be angling for a chance to prospect. My commitment to a club isn't enough for backpatch but I'm frustrated by the laid-back to the point of horizontal attitude shown by local MCCs.
Old 27-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony

from my experience and limited knowledge, that appears to be the common thing, certain clubs are proper family/friends, they take care of another member, help them no questions

other clubs it always seems to be the same usual suspects that are doing the work, the running around and trying to sort things, people just wanting to turn up have the fun but none of the effort or work in organising it.

its about the level of dedication, some years back there was a gathering of people at a pub that wasnt that far out of the way for me, so I was making the effort, turning up, helping out, word soon spreads about my abilities, ie wiring and various engineering jobs etc, all of the sudden I have a whole lot of new "mates", ok so me being me, I will help anyone, just ask. however after helping out several of them for free or near as dammit for a good while I really needed a hand with something, 10 minute job, not one fukker would even help, no outlay just a pair of hands to help me move something

I expect that this is commonplace, but for me its the reason that that club along with any other similar ones can go take a running jump.
Old 27-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

This is a common problem not limited to just bike clubs. You will have the "hard core" who do all the work. Then you will will have the lazy arses who turn up at events and bitch about not being invited to attend certain rallies or nights out.

If these people turned up at the various meetings, runs or just came out for a pint they would find out what is happening. I send out texts and emails to those in our club who have given me their mobile numbers or email addresses. So we have 70 members I have 12 mobile numbers and 32 email addresses.

Despite repeatedly asking for the information they either dont want to give it or are just not that interested. I reached the conclusion long ago that if you want to be involved then fine you make the effort. If you dont and you come complaining you didnt know about x,y or z dont pretend to be offended or upset when I tell you to get to fuck.

You will get out of it what you put in. MCs are a way of life, they have to put in a hell of a lot more commitment so they have a closer and stronger bond than most MCC members. I say most MCC members as we have a core membership that will, and do turn up to help each other. But out of 70 that really comes down to about 6 people and thats the guys who are on the committee. We give up our time to keep the club going. Most folk dont have a clue or care what is going on in the background. Just as long as they can wear a club Tshirt and be seen to be part of a club then its fine for them.

So have to agree some work like fuck to keep a club alive others just want to bitch and whine.

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/
Old 27-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Chatter Box

Location: Berkshire boy at heart, now living in sunny Northants

For my 2 pennies worth

The best clubs are not run like a dictatorship & do not have a permanent club positions (annual club votes are the key) so no one person can constantly inpose their will on others and stop the bike club being fun. This allows people in the club to have a say and not be constantly shouted down. Also it allows people who know how to do stuff to get on and do it and not have someone else who thinks they know how to do the task cock it up.

I see different bike clubs every week-end and see all sorts of clubs ranging for ones that consist of committed hardcore members to the ones that are set up and run by someone as an ego trip or a personal piggy bank. You have to decide what you want from a club and remember that no one person will every be a club.... You need to listen to other opinions and let them feel part of things otherwise you are just a person standing in a field barking orders at people who don't wanna by there.

Thats my take on things

Peace

Deefer
Old 27-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Chat Slapper

Isn't that the Phoenix trike logo.
Old 27-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with the geek here..but...it only really becomes a problem where there is not a big enough club membership..If you end up with a core of under ten of the membership attending meetings you might as well call it a day...A good club will have a large enough membership to allow for the long term members to take a sicky, or be absent for another reason and still have a full crowd..this applies to any organised group you must keep the membership high and you must have enough social meets to make it fun as well as duty..Since the tightening up of the drink drive enforcement this is not so easy, but even that would probably not have happened if it hadn't been for a minority of piss heads that regularly went over the top.

John.
Old 27-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

in my view, clubs are best when membership is small, its tighter then
our lot had 3 rules if someone wanted to join, good custom bike, no tat
minimum of 3 rallies, be at every meeting, no excuse!
but then that applied to all members at all times
the only bike excuse was an accident or theft, and you had 3 months to get back on the road, if any member didn`t keep to the rules (unless accident stopped you) they were out, simple
its a fcukin bike club, ride the fcuker
Old 27-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

In response to the original post:

Same shit, different thread.
Old 27-01-2011, 11:53 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deefer View Post
For my 2 pennies worth

The best clubs are not run like a dictatorship & do not have a permanent club positions (annual club votes are the key) so no one person can constantly inpose their will on others and stop the bike club being fun. This allows people in the club to have a say and not be constantly shouted down. Also it allows people who know how to do stuff to get on and do it and not have someone else who thinks they know how to do the task cock it up.

I see different bike clubs every week-end and see all sorts of clubs ranging for ones that consist of committed hardcore members to the ones that are set up and run by someone as an ego trip or a personal piggy bank. You have to decide what you want from a club and remember that no one person will every be a club.... You need to listen to other opinions and let them feel part of things otherwise you are just a person standing in a field barking orders at people who don't wanna by there.

Thats my take on things

Peace

Deefer
I've been in my MCC club for almost 16 years and I think you've summed up the way it works perfectly.

(also Berkshire born :-))
Old 30-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Chatter Box

Location: Berkshire boy at heart, now living in sunny Northants

Quote:
I've been in my MCC club for almost 16 years and I think you've summed up the way it works perfectly.
Thats the way it worked when I was with Ridgeway, and it worked well.... Aint been able to find the same kind club since I moved northwards
Old 30-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Need to Get out More!

Default yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufkamp View Post
yes i can relate to that & then there are the ones who will not pass on info or post on the forum so other members can see, because some times members can miss a meeting then its like pulling teeth trying to find things out,
give them the tools & all they do is lean on them
Old 31-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Chat Virgin

when it comes to "T-inter-net" i keep being told
"dont forget not everyone has access to the internet"

in THIS day n age? ya kidding?!

well technology is a big thing for me so i use it to the max.. i dont expect everyone else to, but most people have an email address these days.
heck i get peeved when i find out people dont have a Facebook profile!
and no, facebook is not as scary as you think, the world doesnt care about that naked photo with a daisy stuffed in ya arse... so long as you set the permissions right! end of the day, if you dont want the world to know what ya doin... dont post silly photos up of it!