100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Trike Magazine

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony
Default my project

just a lil pic of my latest budget build

far from finished, still got the seat rails that are structural, to be put in, bent them up this afternoon, got them tacked in position, just want to check them tomoro a bit better

about 650 in this so far, many other parts that arent in thepics are already in the garage, full finished build should owe me about 1500.

my hope/dream is to have it in a show or 3 next year.

hoping to have it done and MSVA about march april next year.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Self opinionated twat

Send a message via Yahoo to hacky

you bin a busy boy...lol
lookin good m8..
Old 10-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Rufty tufty biker, me

gtr or eliminator motor?

looking good

Old 11-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

GTR1000

the exhausts and the removable front lower frame section fill in the rather large void under the engine, and then theres the exhaust, oil cooler and rad to go in front of the engine, that helps to fill the gap behind the front wheel

hopefully get some bracing in place around the seat rails tonight, top yoke should be back with me at end of week, so then I can make the bars and work out the tank mounting properly.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Chat Pimp

Looking good. Nicely engineered rear end.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Looking nice and should go like stink with that GTR engine.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacky View Post
you bin a busy boy...lol
lookin good m8..
cheers mate and Im trying to save up hard to afford a nice paint job on the tank and rear muddies, wonder who might be able to do that?

LOL

still so much to do on it, but its strange, even the wife keeps asking me why am I so happy, and smiling all the sudden

she thinks its the trike, actually its the woman next door PMSL LOL
Old 11-10-2010, 07:42 PM

tacked in place, but pretty happy with it so far. deffo improves the lines and will give the extra strength to the frame.

Old 16-10-2010, 09:48 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

your shocks might just clash with the half shafts.........other than that it has lovely lines
Old 27-10-2010, 01:44 PM

YAY top yoke is back, far from finished, but just went and collected it so I can get on with making the bars etc and worry about getting it re profiled later when everything else is away being powdercoated etc

also finished the bits of solid bar that had to be milled and drilled etc to make the front section removeable, so I can get that tubing bent and sorted now.

hopefully found a pair of AVO shocks, 50, more than I wanted to spend, but cheaper than most 2nd hand pairs I have seen

plan tonight is to cut the exhausts back a bit at the very end, get the fron section fitted to the engine, then work on the tubing from the centrepost, round to the front of the engine, then a whole new world of work opens up, can sort out foot control and placement, make the handlebars, so I can then sort out tank mounting etc etc
Old 08-11-2010, 12:50 PM

not a lot of progress, can only work on it saturday mornings now, so its going to be very slow going

starting to take shape a bit better, still got heaps to do, but at least I feel like its actually a trike now, not a pile of bits
Old 01-12-2010, 08:27 AM

woohoo

tanks maounted, foot controls should be sorted this weekend, and a pair of avo adjustable coilovers with springs arrived yesterday, get the mounts fabbed today, and hopefully get them fitted this weekend also

got oil lines on the way, and rear brake master, so that gives me a few things to play with, got no oil cooler, but plan it to just bypass it for now, and see if the engine works
Old 06-01-2011, 12:18 PM

oh well, nowt done for some time, stupid festive season interupted me, and also a complete lack of cash

sold my last RC model and already blown most of the money LOL

forwards are now finished, all stainless, will get them vapour blasted as I dont want anything polished on this build, got rosejoints for the ends, just working on the linkages in the middle to join it all together

shocks are mounted, springs are about right possibly a tad too soft, but deffo too short, full preload required to get ride height, so another used set been found 25 the pair delivered, 240lb instead of current 200lb, and 9" instead of 8"

front part of the prop is modified, yet to see if its all going to work

bought a brand new 10 row oil cooler, 25 well pleased, a dirty tatty second hand one wouldnt look as good and most were just as expensive if not more

also en-route to me are rear mudguards, matching master cylinders for the handlebars, 90 degree 1/2" BSP adaptors for the oil cooler, various odds and sods required for mounting things etc

some engine parts from cradley kawasaki, gasket and shim etc, a great company to deal with

hoping to be able to order some stainless mandrel bends for the exhaust system, ojzengineering, great price, great website but dont reply to emails LOL

I made real good progress quite quickly, but now its at that slow stage, all the little mounts and brackets to fit things together
Old 06-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Nik

Looking forward to seeing the finished thing!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:45 PM

yeah no one more than me LOL

today I ordered the stainless tubing for the exhaust system, lots of goodies to arrive in the coming week or so

oh and if its good enough I will be keeping it most certainly until it gets photographed for a magazine, unlike the last 2 or so LOL

Last edited by devon-tony; 12-01-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:03 PM

well the mudguards arrived today, well packed, well made if a bit on the thin side in my opinion

but all this is irrellevant as I hate them LOL, too wide, and to follow the tyre the tyre would have to be about 30"+ dia

back to plan B where I take the one large one I have, cut it up and make 2 trike mudguards, and that one only cost 1 at car boot, as opposed to the 28 I just paid for the others

oh well, nothing in life is simple is it, at least thats one more thing to go on the spec sheet, mudguards by owner LOL
Old 09-01-2011, 04:26 PM

oh well looks like I spoke too soon

this will likely be going up on ebay this week, no reserve, gone to highest bidder, with all tools, welder, everything

been royally screwed by child tax credits people.

had enough thats it for me

less than 4 weeks to find 1500.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Need to Get out More!

Jeez thats a bit harsh, get yourself straight and have another go it'll help keep ya sane.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:13 PM

nah had enough now, last 3 bikes and trike I built all were sold for total bottom dollar just to get money for things that went wrong, this is final straw for me

got to call them back tomoro and if I dont get something sorted with them, then Ive had enough

the pisser is that I just spent 200 on bits for this, total owed now is 950, be lucky to get half that back I reckon, although the welder etc is good gear.

its just like something in my life decides everytime I finish a bike or get close, something goes wrong, lifes never good in the middle, but at least I tick along. Im a big believer in fate and maybe this is something trying to tell me not to bother
Old 09-01-2011, 09:55 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

there are ways round the child tax credit people, tony......
Old 09-01-2011, 10:03 PM

yeah cheers Rob, been having a read up online, not going to give in without a fight, just a bit of everything going wrong, cars gone up the creek, work has turned to shit, and now they think Im diabetic, but at least it will explain the tingling and lose of feeling in 2 of my fingers LOL

it appears that they cant demand full repayment as I still have a valid claim running, they have to deduct it from my payments even though they paying me next to nothing, what they should be paying me, should be knocked off my "debt"

1496 paid off at 11 per month LOL hopefully I have read the small print correctly, if I have then they can go jump, but until then Im going to be a pain in the arse for them

I requested a full breakdown of how the overpayment occured, you cant just demand money without some proof, well according to them you can

I also discovered that you can declare a crap small income, and so long as you dont go over that amount by more than 25k, they cant take any overpayments for that year, however the following year will be amended! WTF the system is mental

we have total household income of 23k (both working full time), and are awarded 127 per year, our neighbors have been honest with us, shown us paperwork, they have household income of 42k and get 912 per year?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:38 PM

ok so I have calmed down a little not such a stressed Eric at the moment, tax credits are demanding near on 1500 back as they say they didnt receive my form back in 2007, so have to repay the years money, taken legal advice and sent them a right shitty letter.

spoke with my good ol Dad, he said whats the point in selling this for 500?? wont pay the bill, so stop ya moaning and go finish it LOL, I love my father.

sitting on my own stewing about it for hours is not the answer.

well hopefully some new pics this weekend if the weather cheers up

I have cut the back end of the seat rails off, didnt like them, bent up some tube and remade them, now the seat is rounded at the back, not just ends of tube, it now looks finished as opposed to having bungs in the ends.

the engine bits turned up from cradley kawasaki, so I can put that back together.

the exhaust tubing is here, so time to work out the routing and get that tacked together.

oil cooler and adaptors arrived, need mounts making

master cylinders for the handlebars are here, so I can get one with them now.

forwards are just being fully welded up as we speak, and the prop adaptor/joiner is being turned also.

petrol tap has arrived.

a rough count up says that Im at about 960 spent thus far. Im still planning on getting it finished for under 1500, going to be very tight, but hey ho.
would have been less but I splashed out 25 on a brand new oil cooler, 28 on some mudguards(that Im not going to use LOL) and quite a few other ill odds and sods, all the 5 and 7 here and there really added up.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Nik

Excellent news!
Old 12-01-2011, 02:45 PM

LOL everyone needs someone in life to just give them a little slap sometimes, and remind them that some things, just dont matter

Me Dad is that man, and my best friend, hell my only friend LOL

his arguement is let them take me to court, offer 1 per week if I lose, I got nothing they can take via bailiffs, hell even the TV in my living room is a tube one

so, head out of sand, finger out of arse, and try to get this finished for the summer.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:37 AM

hopefully I might be able to get some pictures of this soon, by the time I get home from work its pitch black, and the weekends its been pissing down

anyway, work is still ongoing, lost a lot of time this weekend due to the welder packing up, but managed to repair it then ran out of gas

Ive routed and tacked the majority of the exhaust system, just waiting for 1 bend to arrive to join it to the back box under the seat

spent a day faffing about making rear mudguard mounts, something so simple, yet nothing looked right, think I got them sussed now, rear mudguards are ready to be finished, ie sanding and filler etc

last night I bent and cut the seat base from some ally sheet, quite happy with it, now to start looking for some foam and working out the covering of it.

digital speedo arrived, very smart and well impressed, started mounting it to the bars and something just wasnt right, so cut the bars up, moved them about, remade the brace bit, welded them back together in almost identical position, yet this time they look better??

Im moving and remaking the mounts for the petrol tank as Im not totally happy, dont like the front mounting method, it just looks lazy and messy.

hopefully if its not raining Friday afternoon then I will get some pics up on here
Old 03-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Chat Slut

Like to see the pics, looks smart so far.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:55 PM

still heaps to do, but getting there slowly but surely

Old 12-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Self opinionated twat

Send a message via Yahoo to hacky

lookin good m8
Old 13-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Jedi Chat Master

bloody 'ansome jobe mate.........
Old 02-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Chatter Box

hope your still doing a bit to this good project trike?
any updates?