100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 19-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default Davida glasses / prescription glasses wearers...

I used to have a pair of glasses with prescription inserts that I used whilst riding. I've lost them and so I need some replacements. I've seen these from Davida -
http://www.davida.co.uk/type.php?id=Davida
and I wonder if anyone else has a pair. If you do, are they comfortable and close fitting? They have a strap to convert them to goggles so I suppose the close fitting part shouldn't be a problem. They also look a lot better quality than the pair I lost. They are a good price too.
The reason I'm wanting these is that I use a flip front helmet and ride with the front up most of the time. I don't want to use my normal glasses for riding in case I break them. What do you lot who need glasses wear? Do you have any recommendations? No, I don't wear contact lenses as I don't like them.
Old 19-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

I've no idea, but I'll be really interested how you get on, if you get some, Mortis, cuz they look better than Specsavers.

I've got a Davida helmet, great fit, (I've got a long face) wouldn't get anything else now.

It isn't the journey or the destination ........it's who you ride it with.
Old 20-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

I know what you mean about Davida helmets. I tried one on at the local Triumph dealers and it felt like my head was being sucked into it! No need for ear plugs with one of them. A tad expensive for me though.

I've e-mailed the optician named on the Davida website and he replied to say they cost around 118 for an average prescription. This price is for photochromatic lenses. They normally cost around 27 if you don't need prescription lenses and, after looking at them, I'll definitely be getting a pair. They fit considerably better than the last pair which cost nearly twice as much and they are better built. Here's the website if you need prescription lenses...

http://www.optique-goggles.co.uk/
Old 20-02-2010, 02:25 PM

Hmmmm, thanks for the link.

It may have to wait until I've paid for another 600L of heating oil, 2 bike MOTs and a car MOT.

Maybe for my birthday.......

It isn't the journey or the destination ........it's who you ride it with.
Old 20-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Need to Get out More!

Or.....
How about these..
Biker glasses
Old 20-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Qualified Sniggerer (MDLCSS)

I use my Bolee shooting glasses...but always intrested to see others.
Old 20-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
Or.....
How about these..
Biker glasses
They're the ones I had! It cost me 86 to have the prescription lenses in so total cost was 145. They were OK at first but the strap is too thin and the foam protector started to come off after a few months. The Davida's are a lot better quality and half the price!
Old 21-02-2010, 10:43 AM

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

I`ve probably posted this before.............
If your prepared to to browse & buy from the USA I can recomend the wiley X range (SG-1) from http://www.eyelenses4u.com I`ve had sunglasses from them before
Old 21-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peirre View Post
I`ve probably posted this before.............
If your prepared to to browse & buy from the USA I can recomend the wiley X range (SG-1) from http://www.eyelenses4u.com I`ve had sunglasses from them before
You're right, they do look good but it looks like they don't do photochromatic lenses. Not very good at night!
Old 21-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Jedi Chat Master

i got the Davida ones - they're 118 for prescriptions up to 3.5 then 165 ish above that with photochromatic lenses. I don't really like 'em coz the lens is a bit too far away from my eyes in a sort of 'tunnel' when they're shades so vision is odd. THey're better with the strap round but still not great (and the bridge is a bit sore on my nose). I've noticed all this just from wearing them for a few minutes - haven't even been out on a bike with 'em yet. Will give them a go, but they're not as good as the advert for 'em implies in the mag a few months ago.

I've just tried them on again just now - in shade mode, if they were flatter or more curved they'd work better for my eyes. in goggle mode they're better - but not brilliant - and they don't look nearly as nice as the pics on their website - will take a couple of photies tomorrow (phone battery flat) and post 'em up if ya want
Old 21-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

I had a chance to look at a pair at the Triumph dealers and they seemed and looked ok. I tried them on but only for a little while. Thanks for the comment Joe, I'll have to have another look.
Old 22-02-2010, 11:22 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

I bought a couple of pairs of these, Birdz

Toddled off to a local optician - or if you prefer go direct to the lensmaker - like, Bury Optical Services - hand over your current script get them glazed and save a fortune! I think I paid about 30 to get them glazed with reactolite, scratch resist, polycarbonate lenses

Last edited by Biker Buster; 22-02-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Buster View Post
I bought a couple of pairs of these, Birdz

Toddled off to a local optician - or if you prefer go direct to the lensmaker - like, Bury Optical Services - hand over your current script get them glazed and save a fortune! I think I paid about 30 to get them glazed with reactolite, scratch resist, polycarbonate lenses
Plastic sunglasses will always get scratched, its almost like they are designed to get damaged so you keep buying new pairs.

I recently got a pair of vintage Ray-Bans from this shop and love rocking in them.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
Plastic sunglasses will always get scratched, its almost like they are designed to get damaged so you keep buying new pairs.

I recently got a pair of vintage Ray-Bans from this shop and love rocking in them.
Bikerdude, it is customary to introduce one's self before posting, so fill in the user CP up on the left hand corner and tell us a bit about yourself, like where you are from, what you do, etc. I sincerely hope you are not trying to post spam by trying to creep in under the wire and resurrect a very old post, because your link has very little to do with prescription glasses for bikers and a lot to do with jeans that has little relevance to bikers type jeans like Draggin' Jeans etc! I'll give you 7 days to clear matters up or you get banned. Sorry n'all that.