100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Trike Magazine

Notices

Old 15-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Chat Virgin

Send a message via MSN to Deathnix
Default That old tale, of a newbie and a dream for that trike...

Hi all that read this, heeh.
I am a compleate newbie when it comes to bikes and trikes, i know close to nothing about specs and what not, but, that hasnt stoped me loving bikes, escpaily trikes, since I was 8, and I saw the trike of a freinds dad for the first time, even more so when I saw her dads mate's coffin shaped trike! heeh.

Now I am 24, I think it high about time I look into getting my own piece of trike

Now, the reason for this post....
Info really, lol, anything will be uesful

The "look" of trike am intrested in is

That kind of look.
Maybe with more spikes, fire or a big skull between handlebars, lol, but you get the idea.

I would love to know what kinda price range I should be looking at (Being a nurse, I'm mostly skint! lol).
Also, would a trike like that need a car or bike license? (not got ither yet, heeh)

So, yeah, any info would be much apprciated!
Old 15-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Banned

5k car licence, loose the Heeh makes you sound like bevis or Butthead.
Old 15-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Hi Nix, Welcome to the forum.
Slightly perturbed that a nurse calls herself/himself Death.
I know cock all on Trikes, but i do know you can ride one on a motorbike license.

Can someone answer me a question too, out of interest, can you ride a trike on a car license?

Anyway Nix theres loads on here that do know loads bout everything to do with trikes, bikes, current affairs, cats, dogs, and bollix, so enjoy. lol
Old 15-12-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969 View Post
You can definately ride one on a bike license tho cant you shaggy?, i thought you could drive a reliant robin on a bike license, as thats classed as a tricycle.
Old 15-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
You get half a thanks, and half a "meh"
Basicaly nice info, i appreciate it, but have 0 respect for you
Old 15-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Trikes are a cop out...This forum is 100% BIKER... not Triker, theres a seperate forum for Trike cr*p (which i avoid like the plague!) i suggest this Offensive thread (well it offends me!) be moved where it belongs!

Later
Ron
Old 15-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by booie2 View Post
Hi Nix, Welcome to the forum.
Slightly perturbed that a nurse calls herself/himself Death.
I know cock all on Trikes, but i do know you can ride one on a motorbike license.

Can someone answer me a question too, out of interest, can you ride a trike on a car license?

Anyway Nix theres loads on here that do know loads bout everything to do with trikes, bikes, current affairs, cats, dogs, and bollix, so enjoy. lol

Thank you for a more nice welcome
Glad someone gave me one.

Nothing perturbed about being called death tho, As a nurse, I have dealt with it many times.
Not that, that is why I call my self Deathnix.

Will have to look arround to find all the info on "trikes, bikes, current affairs, cats, dogs, and bollix"
Old 15-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzukiron View Post
Trikes are a cop out...This forum is 100% BIKER... not Triker, theres a seperate forum for Trike cr*p (which i avoid like the plague!) i suggest this Offensive thread (well it offends me!) be moved where it belongs!

Later
Ron
Thanks for the input ^^
Am starting to get a good feel of how this place is.
Old 15-12-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathnix View Post
Thanks for the input ^^
Am starting to get a good feel of how this place is.
Believe it or not, some people are really anti trikes, my personal choice means i'd never have one, I like to skip thru traffic, love being on two wheels, but i am mature enough to appreciate the excellent workmanship, and design of a nice trike, others however are insistant that their views and opinions are heard, regardless if you wanna fucking hear em or not, some are just so up their opinions, they get a twitch when they see a thread that they can spout their offensiveness, and rude comments, and unfortunately you've posted your first comment on a forum that for me personally is the most unfriendliest of all.
No doubt i'll get a barraage of abuse for this, but those that are offended by it, are the ones that know they guilty of this.
Old 15-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Banned

Not sure about that anymore booie, I'm sure the law has changed and now Trikes are classed under the car licence. I have both and ride both and skip through traffic on both, love the bare knuckle ride up the white lines watching the ever growing whites of their eyes as the trike comes up the white lines to wards em. Anyone who has ridden with me knows what I mean. Some people lead a very blinkered existence and thats their problem, I love to ride me bike but sometimes I love to ride the trike the thrills are similar but also different, love em both. But like anything its opinions and like anything you will always get varying opinions but I would say don't knock what you haven't tyred. It only makes you look small.
Old 15-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Believe it or not, some people are really anti trikes, my personal choice means i'd never have one, I like to skip thru traffic, love being on two wheels, but i am mature enough to appreciate the excellent workmanship, and design of a nice trike, others however are insistant that their views and opinions are heard, regardless if you wanna fucking hear em or not, some are just so up their opinions, they get a twitch when they see a thread that they can spout their offensiveness, and rude comments, and unfortunately you've posted your first comment on a forum that for me personally is the most unfriendliest of all.
No doubt i'll get a barraage of abuse for this, but those that are offended by it, are the ones that know they guilty of this.

Thanks for the honesty mate.
Might try and hunt for some other forums.

Just for the record, I love bikes too, and very easily see the appeal!
If I had unlimmited monies, I would have pleanty of bikes, believe me
Trikes win it for me, just, cus they seem more customisable (And i dont mean by better engine parts etc, i mean purely going on looks, call me shallow, lol).
And before I get flamed for that comment, yeah, pleanty of awesome looking, very diffrent looking bikes out there, butt you know what I mean, many weird and wonderful trikes!
Old 15-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Banned

Read through the trike section on here, also look at the MSVA tech thread on technical section, and then try the Brit Chopper forum too, some very useful tips there too, OH yea more comprehensive answer was given whilst you were typing look above your answer. Respect isn't sought just advice offered.
Old 15-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Deathnix,

Ignore Ron, he's just a curmudgeonly old fart

Trike stuff here - http://www.100-biker.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Old 15-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Deathnix

Check out the governments own website about vehicle/driver licencing. Just google driver licencing.

The picture you posted in your first post is one of the chinese cheap imitation jobbies. I have NOT heard anything good about them but LOADS of bad things about them.

If thats what floats your boat, check out Britchopper.co.uk There is also a section on this site for trike related topics. Ask questions politely and you will be suprised at how many people will offer help if they can see you making an effort yourself.

Get along to a few events and shows, buy 100% biker magazine and you will soon find things that will help you find what you are looking for.

Be aware though, if you have a dream bike or trike in mind there is only two ways to get it. 1. Pay someone to build it for you. 2. Build it yourself.

Either way will cost you a lot of money and more time than you have in this lifetime. Most bikes and trikes evolve and grow with thier owner/builders.

Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Chopper.

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 15-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Dunno about anyone else but summat just smells fishy about "Deathnix", especially the utter kack spouted about Trikes being more customisable??
Sheesh... ok i will bite..................

I guess he/she cannae balance on 2 wheels or is to lazy to actually sit a Motorcycle Test n get a bike licence....just anither wannabe, looking fer an easy way into the lifestyle alot of us hold very dear and close to our heart...

As a wise person once said...Just cos you buy a crown, it disnae make you a king!

Later
Ron
Old 15-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Banned

But as he says he wants a trike and you say its not a biker thing how is your lifestyle threatened he wants to be a Triker not a biker, OH but then again as in the mag which this forum relates too 100% biker seems to think Trikes belong in it hence the tech pages and Blackjacks current Vmax Trike build remember 100% all encompassing. people start somewhere.
Old 15-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum deathnix...basically no death not death or something like that so not such a bad name for a nurse...riding a trike is not that easy, they take the same space as a car and you will get more help from the trike section, although we have a number of respected trike riders in this section. If you ever get your trike, take it easy and ride safe....John
Old 15-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Chatter Box

have a look at this one http://www.100-biker.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36813 it may be whot you wont
Old 15-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Chat Virgin

Ok, lots more to read about there, thanks guys.
Almost never checked back on this forum, glad I did tho.
Cheers for all the links and info posted so far =)
And yeah, my bad about not posting in the 100%Trike section, as I linked here from the 100%Trike mag site, I assumed the Trike section was a section to talk about just the mag it self.
Am looking up the sites mentioned as I type

Suzukiron, as the title of this thread sugests, I am a compleat newbe and have no idea about Trikes or Bikes, this the whle reason for my first post.
Am not to lazy to try and balance on 2 wheels, I ride a push bike to work
Just like trikes, believe it or not.
And to your crown quote..... If the hat fits......

And just a note to shaggy696969, maybe you not to bad after all dude, just when working all night, then reading some one calling you butthead, doesnt exactly go down too well, lol.
Old 15-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

unless i'm mistaken that is a mass produced trike. using the xv250 engine.
we were going to become a dealer for them.
Old 15-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Chatter Box

Hay Deathnix,

Worm welcome to the forum, Good to see more younger folk getting into 2 or 3 wheels, there is a load of great stuff on this forum that benifits both bikes and trikes, good stuff to look out for in the bike section that relates to trikes, like front ends paint etc....

There are a load of friendly folk on the forum aswel.

There is a lot of places to get trikes from or you can get them made for you, the one in that picture is a bike based trike, maybe a dragstar engine or something? It also has a 'teardrop' style petrol tank and 'springer' front end.

Ken
Old 15-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
HI !
you sound like my type of person !!!!!!!! RICCO...( CUILLINS COWBOY )

IF YOU LET THEM CONTROL YOUR ACTIONS....
ONE DAY THEY WILL CONTROL YOUR MIND..

CHECK US OUT AT http://www.skyewheelnuts.co.uk/
Old 15-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)

Send a message via MSN to kitkatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathnix View Post
Hi all that read this, heeh.
I am a compleate newbie when it comes to bikes and trikes, i know close to nothing about specs and what not, but, that hasnt stoped me loving bikes, escpaily trikes, since I was 8, and I saw the trike of a freinds dad for the first time, even more so when I saw her dads mate's coffin shaped trike! heeh.

Now I am 24, I think it high about time I look into getting my own piece of trike

Now, the reason for this post....
Info really, lol, anything will be uesful

The "look" of trike am intrested in is

That kind of look.
Maybe with more spikes, fire or a big skull between handlebars, lol, but you get the idea.

I would love to know what kinda price range I should be looking at (Being a nurse, I'm mostly skint! lol).
Also, would a trike like that need a car or bike license? (not got ither yet, heeh)

So, yeah, any info would be much apprciated!
fuck trikes, i am dangerous enough on 2 wheels, welcome to the forum and if its trikes you like, then so be it, just not my cup of tea yet as i aint old enough

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT

QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....

Old 15-12-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Not sure about that anymore booie, I'm sure the law has changed and now Trikes are classed under the car licence. I have both and ride both and skip through traffic on both, love the bare knuckle ride up the white lines watching the ever growing whites of their eyes as the trike comes up the white lines to wards em. Anyone who has ridden with me knows what I mean. Some people lead a very blinkered existence and thats their problem, I love to ride me bike but sometimes I love to ride the trike the thrills are similar but also different, love em both. But like anything its opinions and like anything you will always get varying opinions but I would say don't knock what you haven't tyred. It only makes you look small.
As above.

Same license, different pleasures. And I can cart more camping crap around on the trike.

And more fishing gear.....

Tell you summat though.
When I roll up to work on the bike, no-one bats an eyelid.
Rather different reaction when I go on the trike.
Old 15-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Chatter Box

I ride bikes and trikes. The best thing about being a BIKERis
the friends you make along the way.
As for the look of the trike it looks good to me, but as pointed out dont go for the chinky version, find a reliable bike to base it on and add a bit of your own ideas. you get a real cick out of riding somthing, even if its just the paintwork you chose.
Old 15-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzukiron View Post

Later
Ron
Hi, You seem to have a very single minded line of thought, why you should get so upset just because someone new to the site posts in the wrong forum. I have been riding bikes day in dayout for over 37 years and have just purchased a trike as my wife can no longer ride on a normal pillion.There are Several riders injured in a bike accident that are unable to ride a solo. So they turn to a trike to get back on the road.Would you not class these people as BIKERS no more?
Old 15-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
Hi, You seem to have a very single minded line of thought, why you should get so upset just because someone new to the site posts in the wrong forum. I have been riding bikes day in dayout for over 37 years and have just purchased a trike as my wife can no longer ride on a normal pillion.There are Several riders injured in a bike accident that are unable to ride a solo. So they turn to a trike to get back on the road.Would you not class these people as BIKERS no more?
Hi maggot, welcome to the forum, Ron was basically having a wind up, no need to get excited, he knows as well as anyone about injuries, calm down, read a few more posts before you fall in..ride safe...John
Old 15-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Hi maggot, welcome to the forum, Ron was basically having a wind up, no need to get excited, he knows as well as anyone about injuries, calm down, read a few more posts before you fall in..ride safe...John
On the other hand maybe not.
Old 15-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Hi, Thanks for the welcome.I trust you are right about Ron. But his reply was to another newcomer to the forum, who was just asking a simple Question.I appologise if it was a wind up , but I have come up across other BIKERS that have a very Biggoted view.maggot
Old 16-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Chatter Box

Yea i think it would be best to give a better welcome to newcomers and generally it would be benificial if newer bikers should be encouraged by any other biker, either that or we just sit back and watch the younger generation of bikers disapear.

generally if i can't say enything nice to people i don't say anything at all, unless i don't like them.

Ken