100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > The Workshop

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default How do I get it off?

Right! me again O_O

Looking at the bike (xvs650) and its got a "air filter". I say air filter... I asked when I bough the bike was it just a fancy air filter and nothing more special like a hypercharger? they said it was just a fancy airfiler even thought it looks like a hypercharger...!

Well looking at it now there is what looks like a pipe coming from the airbox to the carbs.

I'm getting its a fekkin hypercharger and a rejet may be in order too

What do I need to be aware of in getting it off?
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------

Last edited by gothtec; 02-02-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Banned

All a hyper-charger is , is a air filter in a fancy box, no more than that, the fukin great rain channel at the bottom would prevent any form of pressure build as in ram air systems. Looks pretty does feck all. All the pipe does is feeds the vac at the bottom to flap the pretend air flaps at the front. Make it look like a supercharger ... which it isn't. Tarts handbag springs to mind. I know I had one on the Vmax Trike .... once .
Old 02-02-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969 View Post
All a hyper-charger is , is a air filter in a fancy box, no more than that, the fukin great rain channel at the bottom would prevent any form of pressure build as in ram air systems. Looks pretty does feck all. All the pipe does is feeds the vac at the bottom to flap the pretend air flaps at the front. Make it look like a supercharger ... which it isn't. Tarts handbag springs to mind. I know I had one on the Vmax Trike .... once .
Awsome, now how do I get the thing off! ie: what do I do with the pipe etc?
------------------------
Old 03-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Banned

If it's anything like the one I had, It had a front cover plate held by 3 small allen bolts, remove these and you get inside, then you will find the bolts holding it to the carb manifold. Undo those and remove including any adapter plate, then polish it and make a killing on eBay I did. As for the pipe it is simply a vac pipe taken from one of the inlets, Simply plug where your taking the pipe off, either with a blanking plug or with a small piece of rubber tubing and bolt of the right size threaded down the inside of it and held tight with a small jubilee clip.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969 View Post
If it's anything like the one I had, It had a front cover plate held by 3 small allen bolts, remove these and you get inside, then you will find the bolts holding it to the carb manifold. Undo those and remove including any adapter plate, then polish it and make a killing on eBay I did. As for the pipe it is simply a vac pipe taken from one of the inlets, Simply plug where your taking the pipe off, either with a blanking plug or with a small piece of rubber tubing and bolt of the right size threaded down the inside of it and held tight with a small jubilee clip.
Cool thanks.... I will attempt that when I repaint the tank
------------------------