100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 11-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Send a message via MSN to Kylie
Default Bulldog policing defended

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/7553447.stm
Old 11-08-2008, 10:56 AM

Wow,26 nickings.
Hope the locals thinks thats a good return for their money the cops spent.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:58 AM

At around half a mil per arrest I hope they don't tell some poor sod who's being beaten by thugs that they can't respond due to 'cut-backs'. The police are becoming more of a political force than one of law and order..... sick joke or what?
Old 11-08-2008, 10:58 AM

I rode back part of the way with 2 guys from Hull and they said a lad near them was arrested and spent the night in the cells being drunk and trying to start a fight with a copper or something, but no weapons involved... so... where did he come into those arrests? From how I read it it was all weapons and drugs...

At least there was none for still being pissed the next morning... I was too scared to leave til about 4.30pm... should know better than to drink loopy juice on Saturday nights, but I'll never learn!
Old 11-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Wow, what a result!
1.4 million quid to arrest 26 out of 25,000 bikers, who have a knife in their tool kit and a bit of blow for personal consumption.
All hail the Warwickshire Constabulary.

Wankers.

Did they really think that a cowardly attack on the M40, 15 miles away, one year ago, would result in more arrests this year connected with that crime? They got the bastards who did it. Anyone who wanted to have another pop at an H.A. wouldnt ride up to the main gate armed to the teeth, police presence or not. Would'nt it make more sense to ambush someone further away? Say, 30 miles this time? Lets face it, it wasnt going to happen anyway. They just got the raving hump.
The loss of revenue to the good people of Stratford On Avon over the weekend must have been dear. No one I was with went into town, either for a breakfast or dinner or to get a mini BBQ set out of Woolies.
I pulled into the shell garage on my way home. An older chap started chatting to me from his car while I was waiting for a free pump. Did we have a good time? Did I get arrested? (whats he saying?) Did I come into town or was the hassle too much? Did I know, the amount of bikers in town at any one time was about the same as any sunday? (probably not true as I did see loads of bikes to-ing and fro-ing all weekend, but the point was, neither he nor any of the other townsfolk, were pleased about the situation at all.) The cost to these people will be dear also in terms of Community charging.
The only good thing to come out of this weekend is that bikers and townsfolk, local residents and councillors now have an equal amount of loathing and lack of respect for the boys in blue in that area. (Ok, so it was a decision made higher up in the force and the lads themselves were probably only up for it for the overtime). In any event, I reckon a repeat of this fiasco next year will not happen. The opposition will be too great.
By the way, did anyone get breath tested on the way out? Talk on site was that we were all to be stopped and tested. I didnt.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Two of our group got the SAS treatment on saturday morning on there way back to the site. And the reason given by plod was that they were gesticulating to a group of bikes that had pulled into one of the closed off roads as they could not find the site entrance.
What really got me was the amount of police that were around on sunday morning,we counted at least ten riot vans on the way into Stratford. And does anybody know if it police policy to stand in plain view of the world and his dog with there nice guns ready.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony

ok so lets bring thos arrest figures into reality, bet they should have read as

17 arrested for having lockknives or multitools

9 for having a bit of weed on them??

now then, go into a busy town anywhere on a friday or saturday night, that heavy handed and equiped, wonder if they would find more than that 21??

hell I bet my local school would yeild higher results than that!!!

another thought, was those arrests on routes that mean the people could only be going to the bulldog, wonder if a few other arrests have been bundled in for good measure

from the news today

A total of 100 people were arrested during the week-long Climate Camp near Kingsnorth power station on Hoo, Kent Police have said.

Out of those, 46 were charged, mostly with public order offences or obstructing the police.

Twenty two were cautioned, three were bound over to keep the peace, and one breached bail terms, the force added.

Police estimated about 1,000 people attended the camp and 1,400 officers policed the event.

so thats an arrest rate of 10% and 1.4 coppers per person, sod going to a peaceful protest site, Im going to play with the HA for the weekend, tis far safer LOL

Last edited by devon-tony; 11-08-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Warwickshire Police can safely say they have lost the confidence of every single resident of Stratford upon Avon and it's environs. They will have fun getting that 1.4 million back cos it comes out of their operational budget and you can safely assume they will try to hand the bill to the HA.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 11-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Chatter Box

As I said on another thread I had heard that they had a shift change at 7am Sunday Morning, I decided not to drink on the Saturday and woke early enough to leave about 7am, I only seen 2 police as I rode out.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:09 PM

I have to give creative use of drugs award to a man (who was very rude but i have to admire his ingenuity) who had his dope in his ears as ear plugs
Old 11-08-2008, 03:02 PM

I used to have a modicum of respect for the police, difficult job an' all that.... but fuck 'em, I wouldn't even shit in a police benevolent fund bucket since they fucked over the Welsh International an' tried cancellin' The Bulldog.

Cheer up tho, 'cos while they got wet an' bored we got wet an' partied.

All that for so few arrests tho.... I think that Stratford Upon Avon Council an' the general public there will be askin' a good few questions of their local chief Constable.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon-tony View Post
17 arrested for having lockknives or multitools

9 for having a bit of weed on them??
That's a cost of 53,846.15 per arrest. We really should commend the police for their judicious spending of public money.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:52 PM

Council Tax Bills in Warwickshire should be intresting next year then
Old 11-08-2008, 04:42 PM

1.4 million? they should have spent that money on the courtcase, and got it done, rather than it being dragged out until october when it will no-doubt drag on even longer, causing more stress and greif for Gerry's family and friends.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:42 PM

What the fuck would they make of country music festivals where some folks openly walk around dressed as westeners with various replica blank firin' guns an' bloody great bowie knives an' the folks that dress as native americans carry knives an' axes.

1.4m spent.... an' they reckon they had intelligence. Let's hope they never have to take a test then shall we. FFS !!!
Old 11-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Liz View Post
That's a cost of 53,846.15 per arrest. We really should commend the police for their judicious spending of public money.
That doesn't cover the overnight stay costs, the administration costs,the legal costs, and the fact that most of those arrested will only get a warning...John
Old 11-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Chat Virgin

Default bulldog policing defended

whatever the stats,the coppers are just fancy dressed tossers who think they are little hitlers
Old 11-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Some arrested for offensive weapons such as multitools yet you could still buy an axe on site.

What pissed me off was the two coppers with MP5's on the gate as we rode out on Sunday at 1000. Excessive to say the least!!!

Nearly got two apples for my missus on Saturday night though!!!!
Old 11-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Complete and utter git

I used to have a modicum of respect for the police, difficult job an' all that.... but fuck 'em, I wouldn't even shit in a police benevolent fund bucket since they fucked over the Welsh International an' tried cancellin' The Bulldog.

i'll second that

be interesting to find out just what their "intelligence" is - or was it just their way of justifying an absurd over-reaction
Old 11-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Complete and utter git

just as a matter of interest were people being searched on the way in ?
Old 11-08-2008, 06:06 PM

Every real back-patch club member i spoke to did, without exception.
Not one Hells Angel i spoke to did, possibly because once on site Thursday midday, everybody stays on till sunday.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Self opinionated twat

Send a message via Yahoo to hacky

the main thing is though.....did you party!!!!!....
Old 11-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

so did this 1.4 million include the accutual cost of fighting the bulldog licence? if not then how much of the tax payers money did the pigs actually waste? joke or what! never saw any anomosity from anybody, and i saw some well pissed up peeps. thinking about it, the local burgulars must of had a christmas of a weekend knowing there wasn`t any plod about on the other side of town.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post
Every real back-patch club member i spoke to did, without exception.
Not one Hells Angel i spoke to did, possibly because once on site Thursday midday, everybody stays on till sunday.
They were still setting up their little empire when we got there on Thursday morning (about 7.30am), and by the time i was convinced Saturday nights loopy juice was out of my system on Sunday I had 2 police bikes follow me out, but overtook me cos i wasn't about to break the 60 limit to pass the AA recovery truck in front of me doing 50, and I think they got bored.

I only left site in an AA van going down to Tesco on Saturday morning for some food and some civilised amenities, and I reckon they thought recovery companies weren't a risk cos we didnt get touched.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:13 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

We went off site Saturday lunchtime for a pub lunch. My mate and his missus decided to have a look round Stratford and so rode back after us. The police pulled him at the entrance as they wanted to "check his bike".
Brand new ZZR1400, what the hell for!? It was obviously bog standard with factory cans and normal plate. When he asked them they were unable to give a reason as to why. Bloody idiots.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:15 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacky View Post
the main thing is though.....did you party!!!!!....

OH yes we certainly did ! Despite the mud and mild case of trench foot we had a blinding time.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Banned

It would be very interesting to see what everyone would have said, if there had been no police presence and a few people who were well pissed off at having certain other events cancelled had slipped in armed to the hilt and hit some innocent people.

Would be a different story to tell then I'm sure. Just be thankful the Bully went ahead, there were no casualties and everyone enjoyed their week end regardless. Lets face it, the police would be in the wrong whatever they had done.

Just another perspective on things.

And instead of whinging about the police, just spare a thought for Gerry's family and friends who will have had more on their minds today than how many cops were surrounding the Bully site.

RIP Gerry.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaddy View Post
And instead of whinging about the police, just spare a thought for Gerry's family and friends who will have had more on their minds today than how many cops were surrounding the Bully site.

RIP Gerry.

I can assure you that thought was well in my mind when I sang a song in memory of Gerry on the main stage Saturday early evenin'.

An' as to the farce of the police prescence there, at a cost of 1.4m to someone, somewhere down the line, I will 'whinge on'. There's a good few questions goin' to be, an' needin' to be asked of the Warwickshire Police Authority I'm sure.

Last edited by STEViE; 12-08-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: 'cos I had a time lapse.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:36 AM

Next time the local Darby & Joan club have a tea dance, I'm gonna ring the pigs and tell them that an outlaw gang is going to have a shootout there. Let's see if we can break the 1.4 Million barrier.......
Old 12-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaddy View Post
It would be very interesting to see what everyone would have said, if there had been no police presence and a few people who were well pissed off at having certain other events cancelled had slipped in armed to the hilt and hit some innocent people.

Would be a different story to tell then I'm sure. Just be thankful the Bully went ahead, there were no casualties and everyone enjoyed their week end regardless. Lets face it, the police would be in the wrong whatever they had done.

Just another perspective on things.
Every one expected there to be a police presence, but there is a presence and there is over kill.

Last edited by *Ace*; 12-08-2008 at 01:39 PM.