100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 28-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default Coppers abit sore?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/7528876.stm

Their idea of revenge, because they didn't get their own way?
Old 28-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Self opinionated twat

Send a message via Yahoo to hacky

there just being sore losers...if your going guys just make sure your docs are ok and take it easy..warwickshire an west mercia are gits.......
Old 28-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

They said they would do that ages ago. Every copper in Warwickshire is on duty that weekend within a 5 mile radius of the Bulldog Bash. Every town and conurbation in Warwicks will have a minimum police cover so I reckon the crime rate will go through the roof, yet their massive operation to secure the Bulldog will at best score 3 joints.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 28-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)

Send a message via MSN to kitkatman

i like the bit 'in case of reprisals'.......why........just another bullshit escuse to tug everyone

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT

QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....

Old 28-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Self opinionated twat

Send a message via Yahoo to hacky

there" modus operandi "is gona be to nail all.....
feckers...
Old 28-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Need to Get out More!

A couple o five hundred ridin in en masse after meetin in services could cause just a few traffic problems all round i reckon... n ya know what....im sure old bill would prefer to have everyone on site rather than minglin wit siteseers of stratford..if them bobbies are gonna block them roads there could be mayhem if someone was to organise a ride out from site...bloody hell....bikes comin in AND goin out.......dont forget to take yer camcorders kids...watchin me..watchin you.. watchin me..
Old 28-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Banned

And next year they can use the costings as a reason to either force the organisors to contribute to police funds or the land owners.
Old 28-07-2008, 11:54 PM

Smile

OK, they are using thier powers to cause us hassle. So we as a collective use our powers to cause them hassle. Don't get mad, get even.

The way to really rain on thier parade is to make sure your bike is all up together and legal. Don't carry any ID or if you do, don't offer it. If you get pulled thay will have to do a PNC check on you and your bike. That will slow the system down a treat. If you have a camera, take a picture of the officer that stopped you and a picture of any other riders being stopped at the same time. If you have no documents they will have to issue you with a "producer". Thats even more paperwork for them.

Once you have your "Producer", go to Stratford On Avon police station. preferably with several other people that have tickets. Demand to see the duty sergeant and lodge a formal complaint for harrassment. Insist the complaint is formally investigated, that means they will have to pass it on to the Police Complaints Authority and another force will have to investigate the complaint.

If the police refuse to allow you to see the duty sergeant, you have grounds for another complaint. Insist on seeing the duty inspector and lodge both complaints at the same time. Make sure you get shoulder numbers of every cop that hassles you and lodge formal complaints about all of them.

Warwickshire and West Mercia police will be snowed under with all the investigations and paperwork.

Bear in mind that if you kick off and rant at a cop, he has the power to issue a fixed penalty notice for public order offences. So be polite and just answer yes or no to questions. Don't offer any other information at all.

If enough people do this, it will be a real slap in the face for them. A lot more effective than stamping on thier heads, which will just play right into thier hands and prove that they had supposed just grounds for thier objections to the licence in the first place.

Chopper.

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 28-07-2008, 11:58 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
OK, they are using thier powers to cause us hassle. So we as a collective use our powers to cause them hassle. Don't get mad, get even.

The way to really rain on thier parade is to make sure your bike is all up together and legal. Don't carry any ID or if you do, don't offer it. If you get pulled thay will have to do a PNC check on you and your bike. That will slow the system down a treat. If you have a camera, take a picture of the officer that stopped you and a picture of any other riders being stopped at the same time. If you have no documents they will have to issue you with a "producer". Thats even more paperwork for them.

Once you have your "Producer", go to Stratford On Avon police station. preferably with several other people that have tickets. Demand to see the duty sergeant and lodge a formal complaint for harrassment. Insist the complaint is formally investigated, that means they will have to pass it on to the Police Complaints Authority and another force will have to investigate the complaint.

If the police refuse to allow you to see the duty sergeant, you have grounds for another complaint. Insist on seeing the duty inspector and lodge both complaints at the same time. Make sure you get shoulder numbers of every cop that hassles you and lodge formal complaints about all of them.

Warwickshire and West Mercia police will be snowed under with all the investigations and paperwork.

Bear in mind that if you kick off and rant at a cop, he has the power to issue a fixed penalty notice for public order offences. So be polite and just answer yes or no to questions. Don't offer any other information at all.

If enough people do this, it will be a real slap in the face for them. A lot more effective than stamping on thier heads, which will just play right into thier hands and prove that they had supposed just grounds for thier objections to the licence in the first place.

Chopper.
this, i like
Old 29-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Chatter Box

The road closures may be a cunning ploy to turn the locals against the event.

Scenario:

Fred the Local turns up at roadblock:

"Why you stopping me from getting to the ASDA half a mile up this road?"

Constable Savage: "It's for you own safety, sir. The Bulldog Bash biker's event is on and there is a danger to the public."

"But it's 15 bloody miles going round the other way!"

"You need to complain to the council, sir, they granted the licence against our advice."

"Right! I'm going to write and give them a piece of my mind!"

"Very good sir. Tell your friends about it, won't you?"

The outcome is the council receive hundreds of letters of complaint about the event.
Old 29-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Chatter Box

Cant you grumpy old men just be pleased its on ffs!
Old 29-07-2008, 04:51 AM
Chat Slut

Just stay legal and be polite then they have not got any reason to give us grief and if they do take id no's and complain
Old 29-07-2008, 07:48 AM

Send a message via MSN to Kylie

That reminds me - best find my documents and get my tax renewed....
Old 29-07-2008, 08:51 AM

I got this from another forum I frequent.

Make sure that your vehicle is on the insurance listing used by both police and dvla.
www.askmid.com

This can result in a machine being taken by police and kept in a pound with a fee to be paid to collect it when documentation is produced.

I have talked to the police about this matter, and been informed it is not rare and even worse many tax discs bought via dvla are not correct.

Advice from police is to carry all documents with you at all times and to check all documents to ensure of no errors.

As for trying to get the insurance company to correct errors, i.e. not passing the information on to the data base, this is also common and may be difficult to correct.

As with all things, it is buyer beware, check check and double check.

Use site mentioned above to check if your bike, car, or other transport is correctly listed via: www.askmid.com
Old 29-07-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
yet their massive operation to secure the Bulldog will at best score 3 joints.
Well as long as they don't find the rest of 'em that'll be fine. Camera locked an' loaded for old bill.
Old 29-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Complete and utter git

interesting....

A public meeting will be held at Lower Quinton Village Hall on Thursday, July 31, to explain the policing operation to any local residents who have concerns.

http://onlinenews.warwickshire.polic...ignificantpoli
Old 29-07-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingo View Post
Advice from police is to carry all documents with you at all times and to check all documents to ensure of no errors.
Yeah - great! They're pillocks - how safe is it exactly to leave all your insurance, log book etc in your tent at a bike rally?!

My MOT certificate said my bike was a Bandit a couple of years ago, and the DVLA said they couldnt amend it (the first year the computerised MOT's came in). I noticed as soon as I was handed the MOT certificate but was told there was nothing i could do to amend it from GSF to GSX!
Old 29-07-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eigerton View Post
interesting....

A public meeting will be held at Lower Quinton Village Hall on Thursday, July 31, to explain the policing operation to any local residents who have concerns.

http://onlinenews.warwickshire.polic...ignificantpoli

'Assistant Chief Constable Bill Holland said: "Warwickshire Police is committed to protecting the community from harm and we believe that the road closures are necessary to ensure maximum effectiveness for the policing operation.'

Yeah, right. Nothin' to do with just bein' downright bloody awkward then.
Old 29-07-2008, 10:42 AM

So let them waste the money, be legal and show them what a waste of money it is, and all it will do is get the locals hacked of with the rozzers
Old 29-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Banned

Unfortunately its going to fuck off the atendees who have no warning, ie loud pipes/race cans small numberplates and all the other lil quirks many of us get away with no mudguards etc, if they too stick to letter, and book everyone, it will fuck off a lot of people who may well not remain calm. Far too many variables in this for the police not to come out on top. Do love the suggestion earlier of everyone complaining officially and maybe a coouple of anouncements between bands to encourage this fine upstanding behaviour wouldnt go amiss.
Old 29-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Chatter Box

Ok quick legal question,

I plan to take my bike, some of you know it, its based on a Sunbeam but I've changed the engine and braking system along with a few other bits.

Sunbeam Owners Fellowship approve it as a Sunbeam, they are the authority for the DVLA. (Won best special and most desirable Sunbeam at this years rally )

I've got the engine number & CC changed on my logbook.

When I contacted my Insurance company I've told them what I've done which they took note off.

My V5C just states its a Sunbeam, no make no model but my insurance have it down as a Sunbeam S8 500, do I need to tell them to change the details even though they have details of the mods?

Thanks

Paul.
Old 29-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post

Spot on, Chopper.

And for everyone else moaning about 'this is just the police being sore losers' - for fucks sake, this year's event was always going to be policed more stringently and more publicly than any in the last ten years.
Old 29-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Chat Virgin

with out knowing the full detail of the bike IF its a chop based on a sunbeam the best thing for your insurance docs to say would be along the lines of

Make Sunbeam
Mobel Chop or Custom
year ect.

this is the way I would have worded the details for you if the exact model is not known,

I hope this is of help any other questions or querries please feel free to PM
Old 29-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Been out, but rather stay in!

doh, you just beat me too it. be grateful its on, co-operate, its not actually the POLICE'S fault what happened last year is it?

you really expect them to BACK OFF even more?

grip, get,

fren
Old 29-07-2008, 11:18 AM

I've got no issues with them having a higher presence, or even doing their jobs, but if they try to make money out of people just because its pick on a biker week then it gets silly - and especially what Kingo said about carrying documents with you or possibly have to pay to get your bike back even when its legal... thats just ridiculous.

As someone who is going to be there I'd rather the police were making sure there was no trouble than not be there and end up with guns on site.

Kylie
wimp.
Old 29-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Banned

I should think they are more concerned with keeping everyone safe, not what pipes you got on your bike.

They are usually amicable to all bikers and are only taking greater precautions because of last years tragedy. Why not just be co-operative and enjoy the festival as usual. It's bound to be greater than ever, though tinged with an element of poignant sadness.
Old 29-07-2008, 12:42 PM

"officers will also be using registration plate recognition technology to check vehicles on roads leading to the event"

These are gonna be intelligence based checks, to identify vehicles and/or owners of particular interest already on their database.
Not tit-for-tat trivial biker harrasment nonsense, to put you in jail if your bike's registered as "moonlight red over magenta", but it's really just fucking pink.

Last edited by Taff; 29-07-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 29-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Banned

Oh Bollocks!!! best I get the yellow spots put back on mine then
Old 29-07-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaddy View Post
I should think they are more concerned with keeping everyone safe, not what pipes you got on your bike.

They are usually amicable to all bikers and are only taking greater precautions because of last years tragedy. Why not just be co-operative and enjoy the festival as usual. It's bound to be greater than ever, though tinged with an element of poignant sadness.
USUALLY AMICABLE TO ALL BIKERS

Its the way you tell em so it is

granted they usually are ok round the site in previous years
Old 29-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post

These are gonna be intelligence based checks, to identify vehicles and/or owners of particular interest already on their database.
Which there would have been anyway, and no doubt have been in past years.