100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Trike Magazine

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27-06-2008, 10:14 PM
shaun20 shaun20 is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ipswich
Posts: 47
Default my trike nearly there,

hi chaps, dam has this forum changed sins the last time i was in took me ages to sus it out, any way i thought id give you a up date on my build sory cant find any old threads to go to so had to stat a new one. thanks to the person that put the disk brake conversion up, it was used to do mine although the gti brake calipers are getting harder to find so i opted for the 20l gti k reg car for the bits, and new Nova disk looks good but unable to test out properly.
I'm having a bit of a dilemma with the hand break, do any one know what the dash pull type is from that i spot-ed a few months ago in a mag.
one other thing can yu spot the oil drums, lol
Attached Images
  
__________________
[

Last edited by shaun20; 27-06-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 28-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Looks interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 28-06-2008, 10:45 AM
shaun20 shaun20 is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ipswich
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
Looks interesting.
is that a good thing or a bad thing as i dont know how to take that lol
its a buzy trike,
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28-06-2008, 10:52 AM
devon-tony devon-tony is offline
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Devonshire
Posts: 4,371
Send a message via AIM to devon-tony
Default

interesting

not sure if I like it but I can see and appreciate all the work thats gone into it, always difficult to judge things when they unfinished etc

one thing is that you might have a problem with them footpegs on MSVA the roller might find them to be dangerous?? but no doubt someone more experienced than I will advise
__________________
nowt of much use here
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28-06-2008, 11:06 AM
shaun20 shaun20 is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ipswich
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon-tony View Post
interesting

not sure if I like it but I can see and appreciate all the work thats gone into it, always difficult to judge things when they unfinished etc

one thing is that you might have a problem with them footpegs on MSVA the roller might find them to be dangerous?? but no doubt someone more experienced than I will advise
yes good piont on the pegs, i have found that my feet stick beter than the rubber ones, remebering that the pegs on a normal ride position bike are not forward, but i dout the bods at the mvsa will see that.
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 28-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun20 View Post
is that a good thing or a bad thing as i dont know how to take that lol
its a buzy trike,
Interesting means just that, mate, interesting. If I thought it looked crap, I would've either said so or said nothing at all.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 28-06-2008, 12:18 PM
shaun20 shaun20 is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ipswich
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
Interesting means just that, mate, interesting. If I thought it looked crap, I would've either said so or said nothing at all.
well that told me, thanks
can you give me any imput in to were to find that hand break part.
please.
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 28-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun20 View Post
well that told me, thanks
can you give me any imput in to were to find that hand break part.
please.
Handbrake part?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 28-06-2008, 05:34 PM
matthewmosse matthewmosse is offline
It's about time I shut the fuck up!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 1,572
Default

The chap who does trike teck mentioned I think pionty hat customs or something like that as having developed a handbrake that pulls up tight by pulling up on a t handle sticking out of a tube, if memory serves me correctly than it was jag derived but took some modification. Renault masters also use dash mounted handbrakes.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 28-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmosse View Post
The chap who does trike teck mentioned I think pionty hat customs or something like that as having developed a handbrake that pulls up tight by pulling up on a t handle sticking out of a tube, if memory serves me correctly than it was jag derived but took some modification. Renault masters also use dash mounted handbrakes.
Yep, that's the one on my trike - it is indeed a cut-down Jag one in a new housing.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 28-06-2008, 05:43 PM
hacky hacky is offline
Self opinionated twat
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: devon
Posts: 2,252
Send a message via Yahoo to hacky
Default

oo oo oil drums are yer rear gaurds.....do i win a prize......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 28-06-2008, 07:52 PM
shaun20 shaun20 is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ipswich
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmosse View Post
The chap who does trike teck mentioned I think pionty hat customs or something like that as having developed a handbrake that pulls up tight by pulling up on a t handle sticking out of a tube, if memory serves me correctly than it was jag derived but took some modification. Renault masters also use dash mounted handbrakes.
thanks for that that is a masiv help, iv just cut the gti hand break doun and fited it but i hate it.
so im going to look for a master, thanks friend.
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 28-06-2008, 07:53 PM
shaun20 shaun20 is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ipswich
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacky View Post
oo oo oil drums are yer rear gaurds.....do i win a prize......
ye, to the first but no two the second.
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 28-06-2008, 09:09 PM
matthewmosse matthewmosse is offline
It's about time I shut the fuck up!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 1,572
Default

If you're trawling evilbay or scrappers, citoen 2cv might be dash mounted too
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 28-06-2008, 10:00 PM
shaun20 shaun20 is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ipswich
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmosse View Post
If you're trawling evilbay or scrappers, citoen 2cv might be dash mounted too
i know of a yard that has a 2cv or whats left of it, never croseed my mind to look at the breaks.
thanks for that
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 29-06-2008, 08:10 AM
matthewmosse matthewmosse is offline
It's about time I shut the fuck up!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 1,572
Default

Glad my petrol head obsession could be of help, I just cann't help myself
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 29-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun20 View Post
thanks for that that is a masiv help, iv just cut the gti hand break doun and fited it but i hate it.
so im going to look for a master, thanks friend.
Trike in latest issue has a mechanical caliper from a small Honda attached to a lockable lever - doesn't look out of place at all.

Or you could go for a very bling Trigger one - http://www.triggerhandbrakes.com/
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 29-06-2008, 09:34 AM
shaun20 shaun20 is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ipswich
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
Trike in latest issue has a mechanical caliper from a small Honda attached to a lockable lever - doesn't look out of place at all.

Or you could go for a very bling Trigger one - http://www.triggerhandbrakes.com/

du to the fact i dont have a card of any sort and a small mis understanding with a mate that has iv misd this years copys of trike mag so i have no clue to whot you are tulking about,.
i will have to folow up a way of geting one, mag
the triger looks good but not what im lookin for 'nice find ,but that would not look out of plase in my dodge van.
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 29-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun20 View Post
du to the fact i dont have a card of any sort and a small mis understanding with a mate that has iv misd this years copys of trike mag so i have no clue to whot you are tulking about,.
i will have to folow up a way of geting one, mag
the triger looks good but not what im lookin for 'nice find ,but that would not look out of plase in my dodge van.
This year's copy?

The new one is in the shops now.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 29-06-2008, 09:41 AM
shaun20 shaun20 is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ipswich
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
This year's copy?

The new one is in the shops now.
shops i was under imprestion it was mail order only, i mist jans copy( mounth)
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 29-06-2008, 09:44 AM
matthewmosse matthewmosse is offline
It's about time I shut the fuck up!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 1,572
Default

Hmm, I don't get trike cos I probably spend too much on magazines already and the three wheeler Slowly taking shape in the shed is very much not what trike would feature methinks. I'm into old style as in really old, and am up to morgan inspired bodgery trouble is no mags really cater for this kinda thing cos It aint a car or bike. 100% is the only mag I know of that has shed head type stuff rather than 'ask your kit manufacturer' or 'go see a pro to get it made' the fun is figuring stuff out a and creating something unique myself, preferably using scrap. This trike on these pages is to me inpirational. Real back street engineering, Proper customising, spring to mind. looks like it will be absolutely cool when finished. Pretty cool now
Ps would that be a cb125 superdream caliper refered to as a small honda one? got one of them calipers in the shed.........
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 29-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun20 View Post
shops i was under imprestion it was mail order only, i mist jans copy( mounth)
No, mate, comes out four times a year in shops.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 29-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmosse View Post
Hmm, I don't get trike cos I probably spend too much on magazines already and the three wheeler Slowly taking shape in the shed is very much not what trike would feature methinks.
How do you know that if you don't read the magazine?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 29-06-2008, 10:01 AM
shaun20 shaun20 is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ipswich
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmosse View Post
Hmm, I don't get trike cos I probably spend too much on magazines already and the three wheeler Slowly taking shape in the shed is very much not what trike would feature methinks. I'm into old style as in really old, and am up to morgan inspired bodgery trouble is no mags really cater for this kinda thing cos It aint a car or bike. 100% is the only mag I know of that has shed head type stuff rather than 'ask your kit manufacturer' or 'go see a pro to get it made' the fun is figuring stuff out a and creating something unique myself, preferably using scrap. This trike on these pages is to me inpirational. Real back street engineering, Proper customising, spring to mind. looks like it will be absolutely cool when finished. Pretty cool now
Ps would that be a cb125 superdream caliper refered to as a small honda one? got one of them calipers in the shed.........
im tacking a stab in the dark and saying you are building a morgon relica fromn a 2cv,
you should be in avertising as you have just sold the mag to me with them words,
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 29-06-2008, 11:45 AM
matthewmosse matthewmosse is offline
It's about time I shut the fuck up!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 1,572
Default

Shaun20, PMSL, No, not a blloody 2cv in sight, morgans had a v twin though I know the kinda thing you mean so far ntv600 engine, which I'm figuring out how to put drive at 90degrees to current format, should be an easy job, wheels are 40's sidecar items and frame is home made one off as are steering uprights. Only car bit's steering rack In it's eary stages at the mo...
Nik, you must have a bad memory, trike was given away free with 100% in the beggining, not to mention I've bought almost every copy of %biker for years and am fairly familiar with what genrally features says a lot for a tight wad like me to stick with 100% I could be wrong about the type of 3 wheeler featured in trike but best pm me with the relevant back issue number if I'm not. I wouldn't like trike to loose a sale if it were admitted car cycles appeared in there
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 29-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmosse View Post
Nik, you must have a bad memory, trike was given away free with 100% in the beggining, not to mention I've bought almost every copy of %biker for years and am fairly familiar with what genrally features says a lot for a tight wad like me to stick with 100% I could be wrong about the type of 3 wheeler featured in trike but best pm me with the relevant back issue number if I'm not. I wouldn't like trike to loose a sale if it were admitted car cycles appeared in there
No, mate, not a bad memory - just didn't read it then.

We've run plenty of car trike features, mate, and will run anything three-wheeled if it's interesting - anything and everything from V12 Jags to 1897 three-wheelers (just shot a rat Reliant last week).
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-07-2008, 11:45 AM
shaun20 shaun20 is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ipswich
Posts: 47
Default

this is a bad photo but i have now got some wheels for the back and boy dont it do it justice, 17x 8 n bit wide.
Attached Images
  
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-07-2008, 10:39 AM
shaun20 shaun20 is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ipswich
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
No, mate, not a bad memory - just didn't read it then.

We've run plenty of car trike features, mate, and will run anything three-wheeled if it's interesting - anything and everything from V12 Jags to 1897 three-wheelers (just shot a rat Reliant last week).
did you say interesting again, do it meen you may wish to show my hunk of metal off inyu mag cos if so, COOL.
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-07-2008, 10:41 AM
shaun20 shaun20 is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ipswich
Posts: 47
Default

here is a beter one,
Attached Images
 
__________________
[
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-07-2008, 07:16 PM
hacky hacky is offline
Self opinionated twat
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: devon
Posts: 2,252
Send a message via Yahoo to hacky
Default

this one looks intresting...
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.