100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default Latest Issue (96) ???

Just flicked through the latest issue, did the bloke who wrote the Bulldog bash write up go?
Being as its one of the biggest shows in Europe with probably one of the best custom show, how come no pics of show bikes?
As its probably the biggest show in the UK shouldnt it get a decent write up? The rock & Blues write up at least gave people a good overall view of what goes on, but whoever did this just seemed intrested in the drag strip. Sorry Nik but the same happened last year if I remember right, we get more info on a vmax club rally & a musical ( however good they might be) just dont make a lot of sense to me at all
Old 30-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Nik

The custom show isn't the be-all and end-all of the Bulldog, Si, and it's run by BSH so we're hardly likely to make a big thing of it, are we?
Old 30-10-2007, 06:18 PM

That's a bit of a cop-out Nik,some of us don't buy BSH but we'd still like to know more about the show.........
Old 30-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie
That's a bit of a cop-out Nik,some of us don't buy BSH but we'd still like to know more about the show.........
No, mate, it isn't - no one in any industry is going to make a big thing about something that's sponsored by a rival, are they? It just doesn't happen ...
Old 30-10-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
No, mate, it isn't - no one in any industry is going to make a big thing about something that's sponsored by a rival, are they? It just doesn't happen ...

Why not be a rebel and buck the trend? That will please your readers and puzzle the fuck out of everyone else....

Free the binary 10
Old 30-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro
Why not be a rebel and buck the trend? That will please your readers and puzzle the fuck out of everyone else....
And get him the sack from Mr Mears........

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 30-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Banned

Why would you want to see the same shows in all mags, the variety is the key. Yes give it coverage, but not compete with BSH on the same write ups.
Old 30-10-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969
Why would you want to see the same shows in all mags, the variety is the key. Yes give it coverage, but not compete with BSH on the same write ups.
What like Rock n Blues?

My point is that the bike show is a main part of the event, and had some drop dead bits of kit that where well worthy of pics.Far more worthy than standard bikes lined up to go down the drag strip
Think you'll find BSH took pics of the bike show at nabd this year, didnt stop them cause 100% were sponsoring it.
Old 30-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Banned

Thats my point completely, I understand the mag needs to show the Big ones, but surely the same pic's in the same shows do get monotenous. I like the write ups, but its the same year in year out, for another example look at Faro, while I agree that is a great show, it gets boring reading the more or less same write up year in year out. The big shows have to be covered and that they are, but not really at the exspense of all other shows. And taking Niks point up, Blue runs the BIke show at The Bulldog, its her baby, so really BSH should be the one to cover the show surely.
Old 30-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon B
My point is that the bike show is a main part of the event, and had some drop dead bits of kit that where well worthy of pics.Far more worthy than standard bikes lined up to go down the drag strip
In your opinion. I know loads of people who go to the Bulldog and don't go anywhere near the custom show in the same way as I know people who don't go anywhere near the strip.

Quote:
Think you'll find BSH took pics of the bike show at nabd this year, didnt stop them cause 100% were sponsoring it.
They did, that's true, but they didn't really mention it, did they? I would also hesitate to say that they did so because there wasn't really anything else there of note to photograph for a custom bike magazine but ... The same can't be said of the Bulldog - there's a hell of a lot more going on there than just the custom show and, seeing as they were making a big thing of that particular attraction, it makes sense for us to do something else. What makes the Bulldog different from all the other big shows is the drag strip so we concentrated on that.

Old 30-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Banned

Ohh just point of fact for both the Siobhanathon artical Blue ran in BSH and The Southern Comfort that Nik came too, both articals mention the vmax club , but neither had owt to do with it. The Southern comfort was organised by Vmax owners nowt to do with the club and it was a bunch of us at teh siobhanathon too, Not a club thing either. jfyi.
Old 30-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969
The Southern comfort was organised by Vmax owners nowt to do with the club and it was a bunch of us at teh siobhanathon too, Not a club thing either. jfyi.
Oh, sorry bloke, thought that was Spread'd said - V-Max Owners Club. Doh!
Old 30-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Banned

No worries,but there is a difference between groups, daft I know, but if all comes to plan you will see next year the biggest UK Vmax gathering, hoping to get maxxii from all sides/groups together for a piss up, I'll keep you informed, but hopefully could well excede the numbers seen at previous events.
Old 30-10-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
In your opinion. I know loads of people who go to the Bulldog and don't go anywhere near the custom show in the same way as I know people who don't go anywhere near the strip.

They did, that's true, but they didn't really mention it, did they? I would also hesitate to say that they did so because there wasn't really anything else there of note to photograph for a custom bike magazine but ... The same can't be said of the Bulldog - there's a hell of a lot more going on there than just the custom show and, seeing as they were making a big thing of that particular attraction, it makes sense for us to do something else. What makes the Bulldog different from all the other big shows is the drag strip so we concentrated on that.

Just as well they make a big thing of the bike show, it brings the best bikes making a big thing of it
OK Nik, Ill make a suggestion then, I reckon you should do the write up on the Bully next time, cause by the sound of it, you knew more about it this year than the bloke who wrote the article
Old 30-10-2007, 11:34 PM

just written a long reply to this and lost it
ho hum

anyway read it now
the article never actually claims to be much about the show
its not about much at all, which if your only view on the event could be tough

however it is accompanied with lots of good pictures, and i know a lot of people look at them, trying to see if they or friends are in it

i can uderstand niks poiint of the different magazines hosting shows,it must be tricky although i consider both mags have enough difference to not be clones

overall a nice mix of bikes i think, just had a quick glance, as normally its my lunchtime read

just my 2p worth

Bosunsbikes.com
Old 06-11-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayji
just written a long reply to this and lost it
ho hum

anyway read it now
the article never actually claims to be much about the show
its not about much at all, which if your only view on the event could be tough

however it is accompanied with lots of good pictures, and i know a lot of people look at them, trying to see if they or friends are in it

i can uderstand niks poiint of the different magazines hosting shows,it must be tricky although i consider both mags have enough difference to not be clones

overall a nice mix of bikes i think, just had a quick glance, as normally its my lunchtime read

just my 2p worth
I see what your saying Fayji, but that was my whole point, the write up dont really say much at all, and yep both mags are different enough and not clones.
Streetfighters day was heavily pushed in streetfighters ( dont know if they organise it along with the ace) but that didnt stop it getting loads of coverage?
Old 06-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

if BSH sponser the Bull Dog, who sponsers the R & B. and how come both mags had big write ups on that event?
Old 06-11-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
[COLOR=Sienna][B]Just flicked through the latest issue, did the bloke who wrote the Bulldog bash write up go?
Valid question.
Overlooked...
So did he go?
Old 06-11-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryB
if BSH sponser the Bull Dog, who sponsers the R & B. and how come both mags had big write ups on that event?
Looks like RnB is sponsored by Carling and Total Rock tho on the website these are named as general sponsors rather than specifically for the custom show.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I see what your saying Fayji, but that was my whole point, the write up dont really say much at all, and yep both mags are different enough and not clones.
Streetfighters day was heavily pushed in streetfighters ( dont know if they organise it along with the ace) but that didnt stop it getting loads of coverage?
fair comment

Bosunsbikes.com
Old 06-11-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff
Valid question.
Overlooked...
So did he go?

Taking the 5th ammendment I think?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Banned

Last time I have carling or fecking rolling feckin rock in this house

Or 100% biker magazine either
Old 07-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Taking the 5th ammendment I think?
Of course, he went - what sort of fucking stupid question is that? If he didn't go how would he have taken the photographs ...
Old 07-11-2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
Of course, he went - what sort of fucking stupid question is that? If he didn't go how would he have taken the photographs ...
Someone else take the pics?

Christ Nik no need to spit your dummy out was only asking a question. Fare enough he went, question answered
Old 07-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Someone else take the pics?
If anyone'd bothered to look, they'd've seen there was only one name on the article ...

It was a bloody stupid question.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Chatter Box

i think it was a wounderfull edition, it was both informative and educational as i didnt attend either this year, am looking forward to the next issue, somethig tells me that it will be EXTRA special, good work nik

..............variety is the spice of life

...............i'm one of those types that scans the pictures to see if i' in
Old 07-11-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
If anyone'd bothered to look, they'd've seen there was only one name on the article ...

It was a bloody stupid question.
Look Nik Im not having a go at you, I just asked as the person who wrote it didnt say a great deal about the event, almost just what was in the programe.
So thanks for eventually answering the question.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Look Nik Im not having a go at you
Fair enough, then I apologise for snapping at you.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxy
Looks like RnB is sponsored by Carling and Total Rock tho on the website these are named as general sponsors rather than specifically for the custom show.
I dint think BSH did cover the R&B this year for various reasons, or was that just idle gossip... !

It must be hard for the major publications not to trip over each other at some point, especialy at the years major events.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ace*
I dint think BSH did cover the R&B this year for various reasons, or was that just idle gossip... !

It must be hard for the major publications not to trip over each other at some point, especialy at the years major events.

BSH did cover R & B because they are very civilised and polite. And the editor doesnt come on here shouting and swearing at people because they ask a pertinent question.
Closed Thread