100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 28-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default bike thieving scum

some fucker tried to have it away with sues moped in the night. they took the fence panels out and cut one of the locks off the gate at the side, then attacked the cable lock on her ped with a set of bolt cutters. however, the cable and lock were made of sterner stuff, and despite some deep marks, survived intact. so im waiting in now for soco to turn up and tell me what i alredy know, im shocked that i hadnt realised that the fence was the weak spot in my security. i had foolishly overlooked it as i made the place secure for the bikes. so now im going to have to set to and really go to town. it was obviously kids as the only thing they went for was the ped and a honda c90, but both were locked together and to the wall with abus and yale locks. it just goes to show, that you can never be too careful where security is concerned, and i think its not a bad idea to get your mates to look at your bike security and tell you how they would steal your bike. i guess that with a big gate, car port, security lighting and locks i had got complacent as to just how safe my stuff is. a different set of eyes might have seen that the fence panels give easy access to the driveway. but hey ho. the fuckers failed, my cable locks a bit chewed but still intact, and sues ped lives to be ridden another day!!
but i urge you alll to go take a look at how secure your bikes are, because i was convinced that i had done enough.

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 28-09-2007, 09:56 AM

I leave mine outside, they all know what would happen if they touched my bike around here.

Free the binary 10
Old 28-09-2007, 10:44 AM

Default scum

make no mistake, the fuckers know what would happen if they took mine too, yet someone still tried to turn me over. its been 20 years since someone tried to nick one of my bikes, so i suppose its overdue, but im still fucking spitting mad about this. soco have just been and there were no prints, so its just a case of writing this one down to experience!!

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 28-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

I have read somewhere that local plod recommend a certain type of bramble/bush to grow in your garden then train it to runalong the top of the fence that will stop oiks climbing over and also hold the panel down when the plant is established.

Regards Knuckle 'ed

Harley-Davidson Rider
Old 28-09-2007, 11:52 AM

Metal fence top plugged into the mains.
Old 28-09-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro
I leave mine outside, they all know what would happen if they touched my bike around here.
We all thought that till a Club bike took a walk.
Complacency then turns into intense anger and embarrassment, don't rely on it.
Old 28-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckle
I have read somewhere that local plod recommend a certain type of bramble/bush to grow in your garden then train it to runalong the top of the fence that will stop oiks climbing over and also hold the panel down when the plant is established.
Yeah the bush is called Berbaris it has upto 4inch long thorns more like spikes I used to work for Garden maintenance co and we had to prune them back I was picking small bits out my hands for months oh dont think m/c gloves will save you I,ve tried using them too the spikes ust go through the leather yeah their a good deterent
Old 28-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
We all thought that till a Club bike took a walk
Did you ever get it back or find out what happened to it?
Old 28-09-2007, 01:26 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Default ere ya go nasty plants cop link

http://www.hampshire.police.uk/Inter...ure/garden.htm

Plants can be especially useful when trying to prevent access over fences and walls or under windows.
They are environmentally friendly and can attract wildlife to your garden. Train branches along tops of fence to make it harder for anyone attempting to climb over.

The following will give you an idea of the sort of plants you can use to protect your home and garden:

Common Hawthorn (Crataegus Monogyna) – this plant forms an impenetrable barrier and is fast growing.

Berbaris – this plant has sharp spine like prickles which are barely visible and grows 1.2 to 1.8 metres tall.

Common Gorse (Ulex Europaeus) – this plant is viciously spiny and grows 1.2 to 1.8 metres tall.
Rose – these are densely prickly for hedges or individual shrubs and grown up to 2 metres tall. The climbing or rambling varieties are useful to give added protection to walls, fences and drainpipes.
Holly – has spiked leaves and can be planted in any area that needs added protection.
Pampas Grass – is an excellent plant to put in a vulnerable corner as it has razor sharp leaves.
Pyracantha – is a large evergreen shrub with thorny branches and is excellent for hedging, growing under windows or around doorways.
Winter Sun (Mahonia Bealei)– a prickly evergreen shrub which gowns between 1.2 to 18 metres tall.
Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae Rhamnoides) – grows in any soil, is wind resistant with silver foliage and excellent thorns. It is large and provides superb cover.
Don’t let your hedge grow too tall so that an intruder can hide behind it, also add gravel to your garden path. This low cost (and low maintenance) technique will deter a burglar because gravel is so noisy; the sound of someone walking on gravel at night will carry very well and could easily wake someone or a family dog.
Old 28-09-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff

similar thing happened to a mate of ours who's well known in his manor. They reckon it was a pro crew cos they only took his newly finished chop..... he hadn't yet insured it! ... Hard lesson learned and quite a few doors kicked in but no-one knew anything.
Old 28-09-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff

Good point.

Free the binary 10
Old 28-09-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TektroG
Did you ever get it back or find out what happened to it?
Nope. Not a murmer.
Old 29-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Chat Pimp

When my part finished KLR went walkies in February I was amazed at how much info I picked up off the local kids, and how evidently it got back to the scrotes who did it. I had one kid ask me what would happen if it just came back. I told them that the thief would have to take a kicking then what was left would be handed over to all the local bikers , then if anything was left the plod would like a "quiet" word

Local plod have been very helpful in letting the locals know that the new guy in the area is NOT a soft touch and they had stirred up a hornets nest.

End result is that there are no burglaries or vandalisim in my area and the local scrotes , who's names I keep being given by the local plod in conversations seem to have decided to hang out closer to home. Of course the nights are getting darker and for some reason the local plod and plastic plod recently told me the times they patrol certain streets...