Send a message via MSN to Borg

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthestall
the bus........
Ahh so 'Bus Rockers' are OK but bikers in cars are not

mmmm I smell Troll poo here
Old 10-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

i ment fetch your parts.... not attend the rally!.....sniff.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)

Send a message via MSN to kitkatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Terrorist
Like i say, i understand some cars at rallies, infact next year the kids want to do some as do the missus, that means taking the car cos i have no other way of getting them there. but i sure as hell won't be knocking any bikes over!!!!
in the same boat mate......but i try not to park near the bikes as i know i would be pissed off if someone run my bike over.....as for the landrover driver, he deserves a kicking

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT

QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....

Old 10-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Chat Slut

Quote:
i ment fetch your parts.... not attend the rally!.....sniff.
So what if he is getting his parts from the rally?????
Old 11-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
.....oops can o worms....mi funks
He has a point tho.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:01 AM

Send a message via MSN to Creature

personally i dont like cars at bike rallies ( with the obvious excerptions of course)

altho i have attened a few rallies in me car - usually just for the day and always park in the carpark if possible - out of the way
Old 11-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Quote:
[*]peaple with cars bring in all there beer and food.....
And you think being on a bike stops you doing this...yeah right!!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Serious Question (I know, i know, lower the tone... )

What about pedestrians?

I've been off the road for a few years, totally out of my control.

First rally i turned up to (local one), on foot? Was allowed in, but made to feel distinctly unwelcome... aint been to one since.

Yeah, it's a bike rally, point taken. But you think for one minute if I could be on the bike, I'd walk? I just wanted to enjoy a rally as usual...

From this my opinion on bikes at rally's is that if you can take your bike, do so, but if, for whatever reason, you can't, then drive.

As for the landrover driver, knock his lights out...

"Geek with Attitude"
Old 11-09-2007, 09:22 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

i dont agree with cars at rallies when the y are there just because an able bodied person decides they dont want to get wet, or cold !!!! but if genuine reason, then fair enough IF there is ample parking for cars away from the main site, this has been said about trikes as well, but thats a different matter, trikes should be able to go to ANY rally, and not be frowned upon !
the landrover bloke should of been given a good beating, and tared and feathered for being a complete cnut !
Old 11-09-2007, 10:04 AM

Don't want a car, wouldn't take one to an event...

If I was really pushed to own a car, then it would be the coolest gothed up rat machine you would ever see... only because I'd be too embarresed not to!
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 11-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Chatter Box

'I need to take my car to a rally so I can buy bike spares and get them home', what a load of cobblers. Why have your bike off the road for however long it takes waiting for the rally weekend to come up to get your spares? Do what the rest of us do, use mail order (or drive/get a lift to a bike shop) then fix your bike and you can take it to the rally!
Funniest thing I saw was a car at the last Pissed Indian, it had headlamp stickers from previous years rallies stuck on the windscreen...
Anyway, no - cars don't belong at bike rallies, I'm glad there are still some rally organisers who think the same way. (I'd make an exception for disabled, but if you can, get a combo or trike)
Old 11-09-2007, 12:23 PM

Maybe if they were called Car rallies
Old 11-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Is it me, or are some people here coming up with excuses NOT to use their bike?

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 11-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanger
And you think being on a bike stops you doing this...yeah right!!!!
it doesnt stop it,but at least it puts a limit on it;small rallies get sites for free becouse the landlord gets the profit from the bar......no profit-no site(im just as guilty as the rest of us )then we wonder why we cant find good rally sites(thers also the problem of increased litter).
Old 11-09-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
im sorry but cars have no place at a rally,because
  1. it lets non biker twats in
  2. it lets thieving scum able to steal
  3. peaple with cars bring in all there beer and food.....disrespecting the site
  4. play loud music in the middle of campsite
.................................................. .................................................. ..........peaple who take their kids on a regular basis do so on bikes,so emerse them into the bike lifestyle.......and if your bike is off the road;you should be at home repairing it!!!!!!.
i take my family to rallys and i have to use the car, i have a 1 seater bike and my children are 3 and 1 so they are bit too young to sit on the back of a bike, so what am i supposed to do...stop going to rallys because my family cannot go, because i cant get them there because i aint allowed to use a car and fuck off to centre parks instead and start becoming a part of the 'rat race'......that will be a good way to introduce young uns to our way of life

if i drive to a rally i either use the carpark provided or i park down the road and not in the field and then walk up....

but also when i went to my first rally, i didnt have or ride a bike, but it was the atmosphere and the people i met that convinced me that this was what i wanted, shall we ban that as well, so at the gate we can check peoples driving licences and if you aint got a bike licence then you cannot come in, in respective in whether you came in a car or not......if thats the attitude, then i'm afraid i can see a lot of smaller clubs possibly going down the ****house..

Old 11-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Need to Get out More!

I think you really need to be able to differentiate between bike rallies and bike-related shows and events here.

Some of you may not agree, but in my opinion a rally is something organised on a small scale, usually by a club, sometimes just by a bunch of mates or even an individual. You don't need to take the kitchen sink to have a good time, the point of the rally is a good ride there, decent company of likeminded folk when you arrive and a goos ride home. Requirements: a field for the tents, food & alcohol within reasonable distance (which is why pub sites are so good), maybe a fire for later. That's a proper rally to me - I don't get to do as many of those as I'd like to these days. You don't need to take the kids cos there's nowt for them to do anyway - get a babysitter or stay at home FFS, it's the price you pay for having the little buggers in the first place. It's not that long ago that even taking the missus was frowned upon unless she was on her own bike, in which case expect her to be hit on by practically every bloke there who'd been let off the leash for the weekend - or unless the missus WAS the intended entertainment (seen that in the past too).

More and more now the organisers are turning bike rallies into all-welcome events. Fair play to them, they work hard to put on a good do and the more bods that come through the gates the more there is in it for them. I love the big events, the Bulldog for example is always on my "must do" list every year - others are now trying to catch it up in terms of getting "name" bands, expanding the range of on-site attractions, keeping the toilets clean etc. By all means go to one of these in the car if you need to take the missus, the kids, the dog, the kitchen sink, that's what they are designed for. But be prepared to give way to the bikes in terms of preferential camping space, proximity of your tent to your vehicle, getting on and off site etc because the event is still primarily aimed at bikers.

It's nice to know that there are still some rallies out there that are bike rallies and don't/won't accept cars (disabled excepted of course) and the organisers of these rallies should be supported in their views, not victimised for them by those who are supposed to be "their own".

If the organisers don't want cars at a rally go on your bike or don't go. If the organisers say it's OK then fine, go in your car. You are more likely to bump into me at the first one these days though...........
Old 11-09-2007, 02:19 PM

If there is parking for cars whats the problem ?
No cars on the camp site as Juke said because that just causes hassle and takes up room, but i dont like trikes on the camp site either.

And as far as this " if you come in a car your not a biker " bollocks, get a fukin life and get over yourselfs, half the people on here drive a car and unfortunatly cant ride there bikes all the time. FFs what comes next, if you havnt got tattoo's ? if you dont like the music ? If someones bike dont meet your so called expectations of a biker does that exclude them too ??

Anyway back to the original post --

What a twt in the landrover, he deserves a good telling off, probably has no tattoo's, likes hiphop and rides a bmw
Old 11-09-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
It's nice to know that there are still some rallies out there that are bike rallies and don't/won't accept cars (disabled excepted of course) and the organisers of these rallies should be supported in their views, not victimised for them by those who are supposed to be "their own"
Damn right.
So many people think they have the right to do as they wish,they feel that if they want to use their car then they should be allowed,citing family etc.
Well where is my right to go to a rally that i don't have to squeeze my bike round cars parked on the fieid,to not have screaming kids in the tent next door and not have most of the rally looking like a soddin advert for the caravan club.
Each to there own and i know were my money will be going.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:37 PM

first rally i've ever been to in a car, (since 1984), was this years s'thon.
i was dreading it, felt about 2" tall driving in.
but it was a 'family' oriented event, with loadsa bouncy castles etc for the kids. and i had the missis in tow, an 11 year old and a 1 year old, plus a ferkin great trophy to deliver. goin to another in a couple of weeks. on my own. on this. hope no one minds.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
hope no one minds
Not me,though you missed a bit with the black
Old 11-09-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
hope no one minds.
yes, it's got shiny handlebars and headlamp surround!!! Get it matt'd first

just off to wash the shiny bike before i go for a ride this evening
Old 11-09-2007, 05:34 PM

bugger off, you!!
i like me stainless/chromey bits here and there.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:41 PM

Personally i'll not go to a rally if I haven't got a bike on the road. Simple as that. If I've got the money to piss up the wall at a rally, I've got the money to keep a rat going.
I'd no more drive to one - and I do have a car licence and a car - than try to chat up Taff.
Hell, I won't even wear my leather out if I haven't got a bike on the road.

As to needing to take children, I go to lots of Festivals each summer, and it pisses me right off how many of them have turned into fucking creches.

I can do without kids at bike rallies too, though bikers do keep their sprogs under control better than Tarquin and Jocasta do little Moonchild.

I don't want to have to mind my language and behaviour because it might upset someones children or put up with someone elses brat whining all night. I didn't take my kids on trips that were clearly not suitable for them, and I don't expect other people too either.

But you do what you like, I just know what i like, and if I go somewhere and it don't suit me, i'll just not go again. Its not a perfect world.

I still want to know if anyone took the Land Rover to task for his actions, or what? cunt.

http://atmviheo.blogspot.com/
Old 11-09-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
bugger off, you!!
i like me stainless/chromey bits here and there.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Terrorist
I can uderstand some cars at rallys, but to run over a bike and say **** like that, I'd cut his fucking throat.

ha ha ha I just though i'd see what this thread was about when UT made me larf ... I think I have read enough ---2 posts in ha ha ha
Old 11-09-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
Is it me, or are some people here coming up with excuses NOT to use their bike?

not at all mate, if i am at a rally for a couple of hours and taking the kids ( chelsea loves bikes ) then the car it is, parked out of the way, down the road if need be, if me and mel are going to a localish rally, then the kids have a baby sitter ( they wouldnt like the loud noise at night and people wouldnt like the kids noise with a hatchet head in the morning) i will go by bike and mel will get a lift either from a relative or taxi, then we have a good jolly, for me rallying is about the bikes, but at times i need to take the car!

Old 11-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Banned

Who really gives a fuck. If you go by bike trike or car, just go and party, yet again another case of fucking snobbery and devisive way of pointing fingers, If I go to a rally then its By bike or trike normally but if I have a reason to go by motor its no other fuckers business except the organisor. The Twat in the land Rover should've got his head kicked in end of, but it sickens me how you get this bullsiht like I said who really gives a fuck.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob

Id but a stone guard in front that battery. or you could find yersen gettin sprayed with battery acid, if your traveling at speed and a stone punctures the case.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:57 PM

good idea
Old 11-09-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969
Who really gives a fuck. If you go by bike trike or car, just go and party, yet again another case of fucking snobbery and devisive way of pointing fingers, If I go to a rally then its By bike or trike normally but if I have a reason to go by motor its no other fuckers business except the organisor. The Twat in the land Rover should've got his head kicked in end of, but it sickens me how you get this bullsiht like I said who really gives a fuck.
spot on shaggy, are you going to fattys do, i am and i am going by......wait for it.....dum dum dum........CAR.......