100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 06-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default Health and safty bolloxs!!

Just had this woman round from the council about us putting in a transfer, and the cow said about my motorbikes being in my front garden, saying its a fucking fire risk!! She said it would be dangerous if the house caught fire!! i sadi, once the kids and missus were out of the house, moving the the bike would be the next thing to do!!!

But surely if you have a drive and park your car on it, thats a sodding risk?
Old 06-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Chatter Box

perhaps they think its more of a risk having something parked on grass right by the house than on paving? but if they mean risk from it going bang then Its surely the same. in fact a car holds a hell of a lot more petrol in its tank so should therefore be more of a risk.
maybe its just you that she thinks is unsafe
Old 06-09-2007, 11:00 AM

well i concreted the front garden to park bikes on

Just luck I got a garge down the road, at one stage I had about 8 bikes in my garden
Old 06-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

She is talking through her arse, parking a vehicle of any description on a concrete hardstanding in front of a dwelling does NOT constitue a fire risk. If it did, then Wigan Council would not have spent a large sum of money giving every council property on our estate a driveway.

Tell her to fuck off.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 06-09-2007, 11:28 AM

As Grav says, it's a load of old 'nads mate. No different from putting a car on the drive. Probably just down to one biased council employee, should be easy enough to fight it hopefully.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Chat Slapper

Send a message via MSN to Justice Kecks

There should be no restriction on parking your own vehicles on your own property unless already stated in your lease. Ask her on what grounds and legislation she has raised this issue.

If she claims the Health and Safety at Work act (1974) then inform her it has no jurisdiction whatsoever on a domestic property (save for a subcontractor working on your premises and not valid in this case)

Whilst the fuel remains in the vehicle it was intended for, there is no legislation that would class it as a risk. Tell her to read up on the Petroleum Spirit (Motor Vehicles etc) Regulations 1929, supplemented by the Petroleum Spirit (Plastic) Containers Regulations 1982.

In addition, you may also keep petrol in:

2 x 10 litre metal containers marked 'Petroleum Spirit - Highly Flammable'. Strictly speaking, the containers should be carried on a motor vehicle or a motorboat.

2 x 5 litre (approved plastic) containers. These can be in addition to the 2 x 10 litre metal cans.

Both must be kept in the garage or outhouse though, not in the dwelling areas.

HTH
Old 06-09-2007, 03:39 PM

Got up one morning, went out to bike... Found burning cigarette sitting on the tank... Silly cow from the flat above us had just thrown it out the window...

Not that cigarettes burn hot enough to light petrol, but I put the wind up all the smoking tenants... Smoke all you like, but put the bloody thing in a ashtray...
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 06-09-2007, 03:53 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Default fire risk

bollox,whats the fire risk in supermarket car parks then ? council obviously have to OK plans for them.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Banned

What a complete moron, I hope you set fire to her hair
Old 06-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Reject
What a complete moron, I hope you set fire to her hair
touche!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthestall
touche!!!
Don't you mean toupe?

Where's me coat?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:33 AM

Default H&S Fuckwits.

The woman is talking out her arse. Another jobsworth paid for out of our council tax money, just trying to justify her existance. Tell her to fuck off, eat **** and have a sex change.

I have a workshop on a small business park down in Somerset. The business park is on the edge of a little quiet village. Just outside the gates is a small bungalow. A little old lady called "Peggy" lives there. She is 89 years old and every time she goes out for a stroll round the vilage, if she sees me she always waves. Lovely old dear. A few weeks ago, Peggy was at home one friday evening. She was in bed and three scumbags broke into her home, roughed her up, held a pillow over her face and ransacked her home. They stole all the pound coins she was saving up for christmas. They could easily have killed Peggy, just by the shock of what they did.

Where were the cops? Over an hour before they got there.

Moving forward a bit. the smoking bann comes into effect. The very next day we have TWO police cars with FOUR cops, going round the estate putting notices on all the units doors and telling the occupants that they are facing big fines for smoking inside. One of these assholes came into MY workshop, no invitation and told me I could not smoke in the building. I simply told him to "Get the fuck out". He then told me that I could be arrested for what I had said. I stuck two fingers up at him, lit a fag and again told him to "Get the fuck out of my premises". (I am self emplyed and do not have other people in the workshop, so the law does not affect me). He thought about it for a few seconds and left.

I now have these watrnings signs in my workshop:

WARNING

THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN DESIGNATED AS A SMOKING AREA.

THIS IS MY WORKSHOP.
I PAID FOR IT.
I OWN EVERYTHING IN IT.
THEREFORE I MAKE THE RULES

IF YOU DO NOT APPROVE OF SMOKING OR IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SMOKING. PLEASE FEEL FREE NOT TO ENTER.

IF YOU ARE A FULLY PAID UP MEMBER OF THE PC BRIGADE AND WANT TO TAKE ISSUE ABOUT MY RULES, MAYBE YOU BETTER GET THE FUCK OUT NOW.

BEFORE I STUB A FAG OUT IN YOUR EYE.

Sometimes these PC assholes just have to be told. If they don't listen the first time, shout louder.

Chopper
Old 07-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Most council offices have concrete right up to the building and vehicles are parked right up to the windows, especially at night or when delivering....If she's coming back a few photo's of her building might sort it out... john
Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikesmad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR
The woman is talking out her arse. Another jobsworth paid for out of our council tax money, just trying to justify her existance. Tell her to fuck off, eat **** and have a sex change.

I have a workshop on a small business park down in Somerset. The business park is on the edge of a little quiet village. Just outside the gates is a small bungalow. A little old lady called "Peggy" lives there. She is 89 years old and every time she goes out for a stroll round the vilage, if she sees me she always waves. Lovely old dear. A few weeks ago, Peggy was at home one friday evening. She was in bed and three scumbags broke into her home, roughed her up, held a pillow over her face and ransacked her home. They stole all the pound coins she was saving up for christmas. They could easily have killed Peggy, just by the shock of what they did.

Where were the cops? Over an hour before they got there.

Moving forward a bit. the smoking bann comes into effect. The very next day we have TWO police cars with FOUR cops, going round the estate putting notices on all the units doors and telling the occupants that they are facing big fines for smoking inside. One of these assholes came into MY workshop, no invitation and told me I could not smoke in the building. I simply told him to "Get the fuck out". He then told me that I could be arrested for what I had said. I stuck two fingers up at him, lit a fag and again told him to "Get the fuck out of my premises". (I am self emplyed and do not have other people in the workshop, so the law does not affect me). He thought about it for a few seconds and left.

I now have these watrnings signs in my workshop:

WARNING

THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN DESIGNATED AS A SMOKING AREA.

THIS IS MY WORKSHOP.
I PAID FOR IT.
I OWN EVERYTHING IN IT.
THEREFORE I MAKE THE RULES

IF YOU DO NOT APPROVE OF SMOKING OR IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SMOKING. PLEASE FEEL FREE NOT TO ENTER.

IF YOU ARE A FULLY PAID UP MEMBER OF THE PC BRIGADE AND WANT TO TAKE ISSUE ABOUT MY RULES, MAYBE YOU BETTER GET THE FUCK OUT NOW.

BEFORE I STUB A FAG OUT IN YOUR EYE.

Sometimes these PC assholes just have to be told. If they don't listen the first time, shout louder.

Chopper
Nae self control.........

...........so the patches didnae wurk then?

Ye dinnae bounce sae weel, when yer aulder!
Old 07-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Chat Slapper

Quote:
One of these assholes came into MY workshop, no invitation and told me I could not smoke in the building. I simply told him to "Get the fuck out". He then told me that I could be arrested for what I had said.
Was it a copper or a council bod?
If a copper, then In the first instance of swearing, you can only be warned you are in breach of Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986. On any subsequent abuse, then you may be arrested.
If it is a council bod, then hell need a witness. If a copper is present, then you can be arrested for breach on the first instance of abuse. (See DPP v ORUM 1988) Clear as mud? Good.

Quote:
I stuck two fingers up at him, lit a fag and again told him to "Get the fuck out of my premises". (I am self employed and do not have other people in the workshop, so the law does not affect me).
Oh yes it does.
Quote:
He thought about it for a few seconds and left.
He would have to leave because
a) you told him to and are quite entitled to do so unless a warrant is issued and
b) he would have needed some clean underwear by then.

Quote:
I now have these warnings signs in my workshop: (Snipped)
Whilst the signs are admirable and perfectly legal to display, you must also display the approved signage available here http://www.smokefreeengland.co.uk/fi...f_premises.pdf
There is no problem making a huge A1 size banner for yours beside this one, but it must be clear to see. Failure to do so carries a FPN of 200 (reduced to 150 if paid within 15 days). Failure to pay would result in a magistrates court hearing with a fine of up to 1000.

As for you smoking in your own workshop then you would be guilty of failing to prevent smoking in a smokefree place. You incur the potential fine of up to 2500 by the magistrates courts as there is no fixed penalty notice for this.

Any other mates or customers having a fag inside the building also run the risk of a FPN of 50 each (reduced to 30 if paid within 15 days) AND you being hit with the above of up to 2500.

Bottom line Chopper, dont get caught. Remember, youve pissed the guy off now so the smug little bastard may be coming back with a big bag of I told you sos
Old 07-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikesmad

Erm, JK, perhaps you should cover yer ears..........

..............I think there cood be a wee bit swearing in Chop's reply!

Ye dinnae bounce sae weel, when yer aulder!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Chat Slapper

True and I expect it. That's why I keep my anonymity at rallies etc.
I'm only telling it as it is and giving options to keep him clear of the pencil-necks.

I notice he can't say "shit" though, only ****
Old 07-09-2007, 11:41 PM

Angry Offences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Kecks
Was it a copper or a council bod?
If a copper, then In the first instance of swearing, you can only be warned you are in breach of Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986. On any subsequent abuse, then you may be arrested.
If it is a council bod, then hell need a witness. If a copper is present, then you can be arrested for breach on the first instance of abuse. (See DPP v ORUM 1988) Clear as mud? Good.

Oh yes it does.

He would have to leave because
a) you told him to and are quite entitled to do so unless a warrant is issued and
b) he would have needed some clean underwear by then.

Whilst the signs are admirable and perfectly legal to display, you must also display the approved signage available here http://www.smokefreeengland.co.uk/fi...f_premises.pdf
There is no problem making a huge A1 size banner for yours beside this one, but it must be clear to see. Failure to do so carries a FPN of 200 (reduced to 150 if paid within 15 days). Failure to pay would result in a magistrates court hearing with a fine of up to 1000.

As for you smoking in your own workshop then you would be guilty of failing to prevent smoking in a smokefree place. You incur the potential fine of up to 2500 by the magistrates courts as there is no fixed penalty notice for this.

Any other mates or customers having a fag inside the building also run the risk of a FPN of 50 each (reduced to 30 if paid within 15 days) AND you being hit with the above of up to 2500.

Bottom line Chopper, dont get caught. Remember, youve pissed the guy off now so the smug little bastard may be coming back with a big bag of I told you sos

Thanks for the information JK.

They can all kiss my arse. Every one of those turd chewing civvie fuckpig wankers can eat **** and choke. They represent and enforce the policies of a corrupt and morally bankrupt regime.

I do not need a bunch of backstabbing, hypocrytical, lying politicians to tell me how to have respect for somebody else home. If I visit someone elses home and want a smoke I will ask if the house owner objects, if they do I will not smoke in thier house. That is simple common courtesy and respect for other peoples property.

The whole smoking issue could have been resolved very simply. No need for a new law. Owners of buildings open to the public have always had the right to bann smoking within thier property. The new law has infringed my civil liberties and personal freedom. I choose to smoke and I consider other peoples feelings about it. The law is grossly unfair and just another piece of legislation that this government has brought in while they are on thier power trip.

When the politicians bring in a law to make it a criminal offence to lie to the electorate, I might, just might take notice of them. Meanwhile they can all fuck off. My workshop is my little piece of England. I fought for it. I paid for it. I paid for everything in it with my own hard earned cash. Before I let some gutless faceless penpushing asswipe tell me what to do in my own workshop, I would rather gargle lumpy sewage, have sex with a dead badger and open a vein. Bollocks to them and the bull**** they create and thrive on.

Chopper.
PS: I am none too keen on politicians of ANY kind.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
The new law has infringed my civil liberties and personal freedom. I choose to smoke and I consider other peoples feelings about it.
The freedom to do ones-self harm should be a given, worrying but a given. Unfortunately your addiction also harms the health of others, which is why the new legislation came into effect. As it is difficult to justify exception, and creates loop-holes, a blanket ban was the only way to go...

Before, smoking was deemed a health benefit and therefore allowed to prosper. That has now changed, because of the governments inibility not to do something about it, so has the legal/moral stance...

Some fights are worth the effort, in this case its not...
------------------------
Old 08-09-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Freedom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothtec
The freedom to do ones-self harm should be a given, worrying but a given. Unfortunately your addiction also harms the health of others, which is why the new legislation came into effect. As it is difficult to justify exception, and creates loop-holes, a blanket ban was the only way to go...

Before, smoking was deemed a health benefit and therefore allowed to prosper. That has now changed, because of the governments inibility not to do something about it, so has the legal/moral stance...

Some fights are worth the effort, in this case its not...
My addiction is my business and as long as I do not inflict it on other people, I do not see why the politicians had to interfere and once again dictate to me how I live my life.

My first post mentioned two recent events that were very relevant to the original post in this thread. Maybe if you re-read the comments I posted you will catch on to the point I was making.

This government and all of its servants has continually failed to address very serious public issues. As usual they have attacked the easy targets instead of dealing with the real problems.

You mentioned justification for exceptions. How can the government justify raking in millions in revenue from the sale of tobacco products and then penalise those that smoke? Your right to enjoy a smoke free atmosphere when you go to the pub/restaurant etc, has been reinforced by a draconian law that was badly thought out and definately NOT required. I read somewhere that 25% of the adult population are smokers, which would suggest that 25% of the adult population has been penalised for no good reason. ANY pub landlord can bann smoking in his premises or part of it. They have always had that choice. Public buildings like libraries and museums need to be smoke free to protect the books and exhibits. Hospitals need to be smoke free to protect the health of the patients. All pretty obvious, BUT, while protecting those places the government has made No allowances for the 25% that do smoke. For a long time, employers have provided rooms or spaces where smokers can go. Non smokers have always had the choice to avoid those areas.

All that is required is for smokers to have respect and consideration for other peoples comfort. Any person that lit up in a place like a hospital or a petrol station forecourt, is in need of some serious education by way of a character forming kick in the bollocks.

If you go to a persons house and want to use the toilet, it is just good manners to ask. Likewise with smoking. If you feel the need to smoke where ever you are, exercising good manners is the way forward. NOT a draconian law imposed by faceless incompetant penpushers.

This government has introduced a whole raft of ne legislation that is designed to control and manipulate the masses for the benefit of the few. They have failed miserably on things like law and order, immigration, housing, education, health services and transport, yet they trumpet their pathetic achievements in the hope that enough of the electorate will be fooled into re-electing them. Have you read the new Immigration and criminal justice bill? Have a read and see how many new infringements to everybody's personal freedoms there are.

The more laws that are introduced the more people there are that will break them.

Chopper.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
My first post mentioned two recent events that were very relevant to the original post in this thread. Maybe if you re-read the comments I posted you will catch on to the point I was making.
Your post did indeed mention two events, yet seemed to focus on the more trivial matter. Hence the reply...

The more concerning incident got lost...
------------------------
Old 08-09-2007, 07:36 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Them coppers are just winding you up, mate.

The smoking ban is a civil offence, not a criminal one.

And its enforced by District councils, of which in your home county of Somerset there are six.

And each of those has one enforcement officer per district.

The police have no right to try to enforce anything smoking related.

And as the wanker of a police press officer I spoke to the other day said: "We don't have the time, even if we had the power."

http://atmviheo.blogspot.com/
Old 08-09-2007, 08:39 PM

I agree entirely with ChopperFXR on this, I gave up nearly 2 years ago but dont object to people smoking, most of my mates smoke and when they come to my house they smoke in the garden, when I did smoke I always checked it was ok to smoke in the house, if not I didnt bother and waited until I got home somewhere else, in my view its like having visitors and not turning the tele off, impolite! My house my rules. Fuck the government, they are just trying to control as much of our lives as possible, when I heard about the smoking ban I thought 'oh ho here we go riots in the streets etc'.... nothing.... yet loads of smokers are now complaining, well tough titty, why didnt you complain before?
I dont give a **** about the smoking ban cos it dont really affect me, but the number of mates who are complaining is stupid, this is the problem with this country, little by little they eat away at our freedom, eventually they will control all aspects of ours lives and who will we blame..... well noone cos its your own fault. We have lost the art of rebellion and its a shame.

Free the binary 10
Old 08-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Kecks

I notice he can't say "shit" though, only ****
Saying "shit" on this site is not nice, and you should know better...none of us ever say "shit"...although we may say sh:t.... John
Old 08-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

if it`s your workshop and you wanna fag, then have a fag.
i own my own lorry and like you paid for it with my own hard earned readys.
if i wanna a ciggy i have a ciggy. i spend about a 1/3rd of my life in the thing and live my life my way.
totaly wif ya on this one chopper.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothtec
Your post did indeed mention two events, yet seemed to focus on the more trivial matter. Hence the reply...

The more concerning incident got lost...

The more concerning event was not lost, you chose to ignore it. The main point of my post was that the police and other officials have time and resources to interfere in our private lives, yet when one of the people that really needs protecting is in need, they fail abysmally.

From the actions of the police community support officers and council officials, plus the lack of response from the police to a serious crime, you have to conclude that our police force is controlled by incompetant fools with thier own agendas. As I said before, the police and other officials are the puppets of a corrupt and morally bankrupt regime.

Chopper.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

I can remember when an English ten bob note could buy you an indian driving license in Bombay...sadly those days are gone...

probably cost you a fiver now... John
Old 09-09-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
The main point of my post was that the police and other officials have time and resources to interfere in our private lives, yet when one of the people that really needs protecting is in need, they fail abysmally..
Then that should have been the main thrust of your post, but I'm not whittling about posting techneque, it shifts focus again to the wrong point.

Quote:
From the actions of the police community support officers and council officials, plus the lack of response from the police to a serious crime, you have to conclude that our police force is controlled by incompetant fools with thier own agendas. As I said before, the police and other officials are the puppets of a corrupt and morally bankrupt regime.
It may be about resources and time, we alway knew that at certain time if you need the emergency services you had to be aware of what they might be dealing with.

Sunday morning - they liked to hide and catch speeders and morning after "over the limit". - Using resource at a quiet time...

Friday night - Watching all the kickout causing trouble in the highstreet... Pressure on the resources at a busy time.

Now which would they drop for a crime that is already over?

Both are a waste of those resources - but wasted by who?

Those you live by crime also know this and would like pick friday night in the suburbs or villages knowing that the chances of being caught on the job is slim.
------------------------

Last edited by gothtec; 09-09-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Chat Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins
Saying "shit" on this site is not nice, and you should know better...none of us ever say "shit"...although we may say sh:t.... John
You are correct John. I have bollocked myself under Section 5 of the Public Order act.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Chat Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird
Them coppers are just winding you up, mate.

The smoking ban is a civil offence, not a criminal one.
It is a criminal offence. The law is Statute law and breach is against the State.
A civil offence is one which is between individuals or organisations to resolve a dispute.

Quote:
And its enforced by District councils, of which in your home county of Somerset there are six.
They have the legal power to enforce this (Statute) law.

Quote:
The police have no right to try to enforce anything smoking related.
They have the right, they chose not to as it is supposed to be under the control of the local authority.