100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 04-09-2007, 05:41 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Default Alzheimers sucks

Heart on sleeve time.

My old dear has it and recently got a call from old man saying you best come now.End stage time--------- whoopie feck!

Got fligjt booked for new zealand now(thanx tonmrs whoi sorted it..Dreading it to be honest.

Drankrd a few now as to bne said.Don't care still feel dyhte and anmgry bout it sall.

Hate fglying.Seems fecklin dtupisd to fly 24 hours for a dribnbling shell that dom't recognize ne.Goimng for my dasd that's in bitas really.

Fel like curling up and crying.Hard tp face.No one shilusd have to see someone who bnrought them up like a babny.

They shoot horsres don't they?Seems faier nough .

Life is no goosd wehen your f'xcked in the herd.Not ought like depreassed,thats an illness yoyun can come back fronm.Alzehinmers-death sentancer

drqw
Old 04-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Chat Slapper

Drew,I hear what you are saying.My old boy had Alzhiemers.Now isn't the time to go into details but it was a real bad time for us all,espeshly my mum.Go and see them,help your dad out for a while,he will be glad of it.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

My Mum had Alzeimers..John
Old 04-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins
My Mum had Alzeimers..John
Sorry to hear of your Mums illness; I lost my Dad to Alzimers in the March of this year..... It was a long five year illness for my Dad, Mum, my sisters, brother and myselfe..
It effects everyone in the family and those close by... I'm glad that I was with him and my Mam... It helped me been there with them.. IF you can.. Be there for them and yourselfe.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)

Send a message via MSN to kitkatman

remembering the good times with your mum, be there for her and your father, i cannot imagine how hard this is for you mate, but you only get one chance to say goodbye, grab it and there can be no dought in your own mind then...

thoughts are with you

keith

kkm

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT

QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....

Old 04-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned

Ahh mate my heart goes out to you. Been there too, not altzeimers but brain tumour with my Dad, either way the effects are similar. Be strong for your Dad hun, but dont be ashamed to weep. God Bless (hugs) x
Old 04-09-2007, 08:47 PM

Be there for your dad.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Please go.

Drew

Please go and be there for your dad. You will always regret it if you don't.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Chopper.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Been out, but rather stay in!

At the end, my Mum was so far gone (cancer) that she thought I was one of her carers - best not to dwell on what I had to do, and at the time I thought that no-one should have to do that for their parents; but I am so glad that I did as she had no-one else to do it for her.

Go for both of them, in time you will be glad that you did.

Firedance Roadshow - www.firedance.biz
Old 05-09-2007, 01:33 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Angry Can't sleep-arse

Grand total of one and a half hours sleep.

Alcohol makes me soppy and mordeline.And makes me sleep crap when stuff is going on cuz I obsess and brain keeps spinning.

Seems on reflection I come across as too caring.

I just hate not being in the drivers seat.

Apparently, I meet 80% of the criteria for sociopath-no I'm not kidding-Wife will bear me out.I don't form emotional attachments like normal folks-I react differantly to social situations/or not at all.

Mainly going cuz Rainbow says I'll regret it when I get older.Doesn't seem very likely, but she seems adament and I trust her 100%.

Thought I'd best balance the discussion a bit.

At least humans have the honesty to shoot/put down animals when they are ill.Hypocritical race with stupid christian guided laws.Yes, I am advocating ending human life, and make no bones about it.

I was raised in a strict Christian religion(mormonism,if it makes a differance)that classed life as sacred above all.

Utter claptrap-quality of life should be paramount and the deciding factor in an individuals life.

cheers

Drew
Old 05-09-2007, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

My father in law died of Alzheimers on Christmas eve 2002. 5 years to the date the his wife died in spain in 1997.

It's a crap disease that I wouldn't wish on anyone! to watch a person just slide in to memory melt down. It's hard to describe, watching somebody sink into a pit of nothingness!

All you can do is be there for them. Some days they will recognise you other days you will be just a person. Worst of of all is watching them just mumble words, and not in ay particular order! Then all of a sudden they will come out with something ont related to anything you hve said but just something that they have read or heard in the past and they just say it!

Terrible disease!

Drew be there for your family, My wife needed help from her sister and none was forthcoming! Despite her being a born again christian. There wasn't a spot of Christian in her! To wrapped up in her self pity of "What about me!" syndrome! Yes I am bitter and mad at her, selfish bigotted attitude.

When the poor old boy went, the whole of his family crawled out of the woodwork to see if there was any pickings to be had. We had to sell his flat in Spain to pay for his care! There was about 8 grand left and The bloody sister took half of it , even though she said she didn't want anything from him! My wife got a paltry 3 grand after WE had to pay for the funeral, and for the 5 years of looking after him virtually single handled for 5 years. I helped where I could, but I spent most of my time being a helpless bystander. My wife was pretty cut up over it all.

Just be there for you family, they will appreciate it. Just knowing that you are there for them and that you care is enough.

Good luck.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikesmad

Yer doing the right thing, Drew.......

.........I, like many others, have the T-shirt!

Ye dinnae bounce sae weel, when yer aulder!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

If your Dad has been caring for your mum throughout her suffering the disease he is going to need you now more than ever. There is nothing harder than watching someone you care for get progressively worse in all aspects of life. It's a really saddening disease, degenerative in all ways...such a shame, a cruel blow.

If your Dad has asked for you to be there, then go. Whether or not you can actually physically do anything isn't what he's asking for...it's being there, having another adult to talk to, just proper support.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Sorry to read this Drew ... be there for ya Dad is the right thing to do, lost me Pop's last year and currently supporting my mum through it all ... will be 1yr next month.

Somethings make us all the same mate, it dont really matter how or why just that its happening, there aint really a good way IMO.

Feel for ya mate, go easy.

Jus
Old 05-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Good luck, Drew, and all the best to you and your family.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Chat Virgin

Like others Drew, be there for yer old fella

I deal with things by skittin'/laughin', My old girl left the house one morning, we found her eating a scone in a doorway at 2:15am just wearing her nighty she thought we were gonna send her to Russia.
Another time, not long after, she kept saying when someone entered the room.... "dont put me in the oven!" and believe it or not she ended up in a ward called Ash Ward.

It hurts typin' it out now but at the time we had a good laugh about it which eased the aches.

Be there.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:56 PM

me mums just at the start and i know whats comming sorry m8
Old 06-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

sorry to hear this drew.(runs in my fathers side of family). go give your dad some love and support. dont be embaresed about it ,or your attitude to the morals of life.i'd rather shoot my dad than lose him compleatly to altzimer's .