100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 20-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

If your bike's got a current MOT certificate, it's entitled to be ridden on the roads in this country.
All of 'em.
Not just the ones which the local neighbours decide it is.
Stand at the roadside when they're mowing the lawn with a noise meter, you get em on various phones.
The noise has gotta be above a specified decibel level, constantly, for a specified time.
Which you passing by on a bike, isn't.
Which a petrol lawn mower doing it's thing, is.
Old 20-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryB
And guess what they said - 'NO' and the reason they gave - 'its the rules' - ya have to be on a Harley or an Indian and the other reason is that the insurance is only for Harley or Indian. Wot a crock of ****e !!! I'm sure Insurance at such events doesnt cover individual bikes or owners possessions. Its only for public liability and to cover the club against any law suits for damages.
A couple of points on your rant.

If the person on the non Harley/Indian is with a club member then it wouldn't be a problem. The club does only have insurance for Harley/Indian bikes in the main area which is why they provide a seperate secure parking area for non-harleys. I guess it's probably more to do with cost than anything else.

Just like the Super Rally in Holland really.

Also this particular rally is our main international one and that is why it is more restrictive. Most (if not all) regional rallies are happy to let any make of bike in. At my local regions rally (New Forest) we get all sorts of different bikes. I've even been to club meets on a Jap bike and amazingly enough I didn't get stoned to death

Oh and 30 for 3 nights camping, bands, decent bar and a good time seems pretty reasonable to me. It's even less if you're a member.

Cheers,
Rob.
Old 20-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Silly old duffer cant stop you going about your life as you see fit. I would have kept the original letter though, just in case it has to go any further.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 20-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff
If your bike's got a current MOT certificate, it's entitled to be ridden on the roads in this country.
All of 'em.
Not just the ones which the local neighbours decide it is.
Stand at the roadside when they're mowing the lawn with a noise meter, you get em on various phones.
The noise has gotta be above a specified decibel level, constantly, for a specified time.
Which you passing by on a bike, isn't.
Which a petrol lawn mower doing it's thing, is.
I'll have you know sir my bike dont need mot yet

wot makes me larf, is that this geeezer gives music lessons in his front room now - the sound of 2 bikes or the sound of somebody learning how to play a trumpet hmmmmmmmm let me think what I prefer
Old 20-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Banned

Jus 1 - I throw great parties hun and I feel the need to have one.....SOON
Old 20-08-2007, 11:24 AM

Got a similar letter when i was in Rattlers.
The next run we had, met at our house,and about 15/20 bikes, mainly HDs parked up in the square outside. Telled everyone the crack, and the witch was stood out side her house with a noise meter, thinking she'd got me this time. Everybody got ready and cracked 'em up together, and thraped straight past her, but cos it was quick, though rather noisy, weren't a damn thing she could do. There was more prolonged racket from all the car alarms we set off down the street as we left. But that weren't our fault.
Old 20-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Sometimes it makes me blood boil. There's no wonder Harley owners get a bad name and its the reason we dont belong to any clubs.

A mate, who owns a Harley has asked a well known HD club, if he can attend their main Rally event in Oswestry next week, and bring his wife who rides a Kawasaki.

And guess what they said - 'NO' and the reason they gave - 'its the rules' - ya have to be on a Harley or an Indian and the other reason is that the insurance is only for Harley or Indian. Wot a crock of ****e !!! I'm sure Insurance at such events doesnt cover individual bikes or owners possessions. Its only for public liability and to cover the club against any law suits for damages.

And no, this wasnt a Hoggie event but a club who reckon to shun all that Hoggies stand for Hmm pot, kettle and black springing quickly to mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobK

If the person on the non Harley/Indian is with a club member then it wouldn't be a problem. The club does only have insurance for Harley/Indian bikes in the main area which is why they provide a seperate secure parking area for non-harleys. I guess it's probably more to do with cost than anything else.

Also this particular rally is our main international one and that is why it is more restrictive. Most (if not all) regional rallies are happy to let any make of bike in. At my local regions rally (New Forest) we get all sorts of different bikes. I've even been to club meets on a Jap bike and amazingly enough I didn't get stoned to death

Oh and 30 for 3 nights camping, bands, decent bar and a good time seems pretty reasonable to me. It's even less if you're a member.

Cheers,
Rob.
Good points Rob I also go too there rallys to around the country and have been to there international for many years [Shipley days]. I like your comparison to the Super Rally which is a Harley /Indian event like all the Federation rallys in europe. Secure parking for non harleys. I get in for 20 because I am in the european Federation of Harley clubs so thanx HDRCGB for yet a hopefully another great rally 3 nighter for 20 squid. i also saw the post on there site and looks like your mate potts is gettinmg looked after and lots of questions being answered by bazza who i have met loads of times.

Regards Knuckle Ed

Last edited by knuckle; 20-08-2007 at 12:47 PM. Reason: just sussed how too put two quotes in my answer. givvus a job
Old 20-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Borg

A MEMBER of the club can arrive on any bike, a NON MEMBER must be on a American bike, simple, It is a Harley club.

Howhard is that to understand
Old 20-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Borg just tellem your harley is in bits and you could not get iut ready in time

Knuckle Ed
Old 20-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg
A MEMBER of the club can arrive on any bike, a NON MEMBER must be on a American bike, simple, It is a Harley club.

So ride up together and just before the site, swop bikes...
Old 20-08-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg

Seems entirely reasonable to me.
Otherwise it just becomes a regular rally, plenty of them on everywhere...
Old 20-08-2007, 03:34 PM

Surely it's up to any club to have whatever rules they see fit.

If I'm not a member of a particular club, I have no right to tell them what rules they can and can't have.

Simple I think.
Old 20-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikesmad

Quote:
yeah well the reason I dont do clubs is cos I like to do me own thing when I want to do it and with whoever wants to do it at the time, with no time limits, no clocks or watches and nobody telling me what to do, no phones, no nagging, no pressure, - its why I ride - does that make sense

too many rules in this life as it is. I just got a letter - The neighbours are now trying the get the village council to stop us riding our bikes through the village . had a letter this morning, seriously - 'would we mind pushing them through the village high street cos they've received complaints........'

yeah right - how does feck off sound

Sounds like ye need to have a wee picnic in the front lawn for all yer biker mates!

Ye dinnae bounce sae weel, when yer aulder!
Old 20-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Banned

They're sure gonna have something to moan about on Saturday when 18 of us are taking off from here, there'll be trikes bikes and all sorts all over the place - I got lumbered with making the butties and tea before we go
so I'll probably get another letter mext week. Oh well what the feck. Happy Days
Old 20-08-2007, 04:36 PM

Send a message via MSN to Captain Smurf

Quote:

Cheers,
Rob.
Blatant Hi-jack Wozwolf Rally 20
http://www.wozwolf.co.uk/woz2007.htm

QVANTI CANICVLA ILLE IN FENESTRA

http://www.captsmurf.co.uk

Flickr

captainsmurf.tel
Old 20-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
...they provide a seperate secure parking area for non-harleys. I guess it's probably more to do with cost than anything else.

Anyone who went to the Super Rally this year will know that the Jap/Euro bike compound was far from secure and had no security on it.
Old 20-08-2007, 05:21 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
yeah well the reason I dont do clubs is cos I like to do me own thing when I want to do it and with whoever wants to do it at the time, with no time limits, no clocks or watches and nobody telling me what to do, no phones, no nagging, no pressure, - its why I ride - does that make sense

too many rules in this life as it is. I just got a letter - The neighbours are now trying the get the village council to stop us riding our bikes through the village . had a letter this morning, seriously - 'would we mind pushing them through the village high street cos they've received complaints........'

yeah right - how does feck off sound
Nah, don't organise a party - that just gives the old git more ammunition - if you REALLY want to wind him up, send him a letter stating that under the freedom of information act, you are requesting any and all correspondence relating to complaints from the public regarding the noise from motorcycles.

The parish council has a legal responsibility to surrender all this information to you.

Theres nothing like playing the bastards at their own game to get right up their noses.

Worth calling your local paper as a well...

"Bike ban threat has CherryB 'revving' mad"

There more'n one way to skin a cat....

http://atmviheo.blogspot.com/
Old 20-08-2007, 05:21 PM

I dont do clubs either, just a personal preference. Dont matter and good luck to those who do or dont, each to their own i say.
Old 20-08-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
Anyone who went to the Super Rally this year will know that the Jap/Euro bike compound was far from secure and had no security on it.
hog sucks nutz

gimme a rally done by the riders or the east coast or northern lot any day

they have a sense of humour......

critch (never really got over being thrown off a hog do for having me hopped up sporty sprayed with suzuki all over it to wind wankers up)

thinking about it it fekkin worked
Old 20-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Super Rally isn't a HOG event, it's a FH-DCE one, but I get where you're coming from.
Old 20-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
Heh, I went and I didn't notice.

I was probably too busy and to be fair I didn't really look .

The riders club one will be secure & manned 24 hours.

Last edited by RobK; 20-08-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 20-08-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird
Nah, don't organise a party - that just gives the old git more ammunition - if you REALLY want to wind him up, send him a letter stating that under the freedom of information act, you are requesting any and all correspondence relating to complaints from the public regarding the noise from motorcycles.

The parish council has a legal responsibility to surrender all this information to you.

Theres nothing like playing the bastards at their own game to get right up their noses.

and if they're not registered under the Data Protection Act.........................

Flickr

captainsmurf.tel
Old 20-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf
and if they're not registered under the Data Protection Act.........................
Extend arm....raise middle finger......

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 20-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird

will deffo do that in the morning and then hand deliver to him......on me bike
Old 20-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Heh, I went and I didn't notice.

I was probably too busy and to be fair I didn't really look .

The riders club one will be secure & manned 24 hours.
well it looks like i`m going to the oswestry rally this weekend as all the lads m going
Old 21-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Chat Slapper

Send a message via MSN to Justice Kecks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf
Doesn't matter. The Data Protection Act 1998 only covers access to information held on the individual concerned. If the Parish Council doesn't hold information on individuals, then they don't have to be registered. If they do hold info on information, then they must be registered.

However, the Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives the public a general right of access to all types of recorded information held by public authorities (which includes local authorities such as the parish council, the district council, and the county council).
Old 21-08-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Kecks
Doesn't matter. The Data Protection Act 1998 only covers access to information held on the individual concerned. If the Parish Council doesn't hold information on individuals, then they don't have to be registered. If they do hold info on information, then they must be registered.

However, the Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives the public a general right of access to all types of recorded information held by public authorities (which includes local authorities such as the parish council, the district council, and the county council).
My point was more that, if they reveal that they hold information which makes them liable to register, and they haven't, then there is an opportunity for some legal mischief making

Flickr

captainsmurf.tel
Old 21-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Banned

whatever the legal aspect, I'm now going to kick arse.
Old 21-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

I have read thriugh all this thread and CherrB it looks as though you have highjacked your own thread.
Old 21-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Borg

where did you nick them smilies from He he