100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Trike Magazine

Notices

Old 04-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Chat Virgin

Default i need help !!!

i've just bought a trike from an internet shop, it was delivered in a crate (made in good old china)
anyway i guess ill need to apply for the SVA and i will also need to apply for registration as i'm the first owner ( i bought the bike cheap so i've got to do it all myself)

any idea on using one of these firms that handles the sva and registration for you ?
i'd rather do it myself if i can but there's am awful lot of red tape

it's only a single seat 250cc so don't laugh at me, i'm starting at the bottom !!!
Old 05-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Chat Virgin

Send a message via MSN to Haggis-Landy
Default Go it yourself

I have just bought the SVA manual and read it from cover to cover (after 40 minutes putting it together) and it aint that hard.

Assuming you have basic mechanical skills and you can read I am sure you could do the mods neaded in a couple of days.
On a different note, are you happy with your purchase. We are thinking of going down the same route and purchasing one for a laff. Any details like where and how much would be great.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Andy
Old 06-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default Sva

My mate (A very skilled proper mechanic) is working on a trike at the moment. He thought it would be a nightmare getting through the SVA. He has made several calls to the test centre in Bristol and found them very helpful.

My view is that the SVA is in force to make sure the local bodge artists don't put things on the road that are bloody dangerous. Right or wrong, the SVA is here to stay. Must admit that I think it is good that guys that (Hopefully) know what they are doing will be checking my work before I go on the road.

Lets face it, none of us know all the answers, but we can all learn at least how to find the answers.

I'll stop rambling now.

Chopper.