100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 19-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default No colours on site?

Dont know if anyone else has noticed of late, but Im seeing more adverts with
''No colours on site as part of our licence''

Does anyone know if this is true, ie you get a licence under the proviso that no back patches are aloud on site?
Old 19-07-2007, 02:42 PM

Sounds like a load of crap, maybe too scared to say that they don't want certain people there?
Old 19-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Not heard that mate ... obv we just put our show on and licence granted without said proviso
Old 19-07-2007, 02:44 PM

like to see the stop em comming in
Old 19-07-2007, 02:44 PM

Yeah I was thinking the same as UT but wondered if anyone had had it as a condition of licence? cant see it meself
Old 19-07-2007, 02:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to Yoda

sorry but i can see how they could impose that, its a bike rally what would you expect???
and in any event, it would be like them saying sorry no Addidas items on site, what a person wears is up to them.
Yoda

yoda yr gwefan

Look At My Goodies
Old 19-07-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
sorry but i can see how they could impose that, its a bike rally what would you expect???
and in any event, it would be like them saying sorry no Addidas items on site, what a person wears is up to them.
Yoda
That would be good though, no addidas, nike, burberry, or otherwise chav related!!!

And no pink motorcycles. Or lager drinkers. or fat birds. or ugly birds. Or loud mouth birds. Fuck it, no-one infact is allowed in
Old 19-07-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Yoda
Thats what I was thinking Yoda, but what if it is part of a licence, will it set a president for other councils?
Where do you draw the line, what would be classed as colours? If back patch first , who's next?
Old 19-07-2007, 02:57 PM

that started out with Yorkshire MAG events after what happened a few years ago after NFL started shooting his mouth off.

It depends on who's on your local licensing committee - if they've had dealings with 'biker gangs' in the past or whether they feel 'undesirables' will be there.

The licensing committee can decide whatever the hell they like and they can give you a new condition of the licence - up to a couple of days before and if it's not met, you're screwed!

Even pagans get it in the neck - especially from Eastbourne council who every year make it harder and harder for the local pagans to organise their lammas festival at the beginning of August.

The first few years, we (Mrs R and I helped out with the first few, and I designed the t-shirts) had a site at the side of the Wishtower Slopes. Last year, the council decided to put a fairground carousel right in the middle of the site, for the same weekend -- so we moved to the lawns at the back (which was better).

We were also told - on the Tuesday before the event - that we had to get Public Liability Insurance and we had to get a bouncer for our beer tent.

This year, the council realised they'd done us a favour so they tried moving the event to the middle of pikeyland, as far as possible from the centre of Eastbourne. We refused... so their only option was to give us the Winter Gardens theatre for the day OK, it might be indoors but the event's not dependent on the weather this year.

Switch off TV, get a life... www.whitedot.org

Last edited by Mitch; 19-07-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 19-07-2007, 03:20 PM

so whos coming to the '1st Slippers and Cardigan' rally next year then

yoda yr gwefan

Look At My Goodies
Old 19-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Chatter Box

Send a message via MSN to RetroRider

Oooo ME - just so long as I can bring my poufe too
Old 19-07-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
so whos coming to the '1st Slippers and Cardigan' rally next year then
Will there be comfy chairs n a log fire?
Old 19-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mitch couldn't you threaten em with religious persecution?
whats good for the goose etc, etc
And if they tried to ban backpatches from rally sites how the hell would they police Bulldog and a few others??
Old 19-07-2007, 03:55 PM

Sounds bleeding gay, I ain't coming

I want to go do a wild one, we just ride from town to town, beating people up, getting pissed up, take over towns and have running battles with the cops. Thats what joe public thinks we want to do, so lets do it!!!

Old 19-07-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Terrorist

I want to go do a wild one, we just ride from town to town, beating people up, getting pissed up, take over towns and have running battles with the cops. Thats what joe public thinks we want to do, so lets do it!!!

I never saw you as a HOG member type mate, but whatever floats your boat,
Old 19-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxdemon
Mitch couldn't you threaten em with religious persecution?
whats good for the goose etc, etc
And if they tried to ban backpatches from rally sites how the hell would they police Bulldog and a few others??
Tried that one! But to no avail.
Lack of money for a court case and that old devil, apathy, no-one on the committee wanted to take it higher.

Switch off TV, get a life... www.whitedot.org
Old 19-07-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:

Thats not the image we want to protray!!

Is it??

Well........

If all bikers were honest, they all see themselves like chico, maybe the gay ones like Brando, but I'm sure when they are riding there Hyungpoo 125 they are actually seeing themselves in the wind.

Free the binary 10
Old 19-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

when i got married to Mick from Blue Angels the management of the venue stated that they would have to have a bouncer on the door.

I kindly suggested that a bouncer would probably get eaten by the Glasgow contingent, and could he dress down?

So this huge bouncer sat on the end of the bar wearing a pringle jersey and slacks.

He didnt stay that long. .

fren
Old 19-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Lion rally field is now a licenced premises as it was easier than getting TEN each year. We still have to present them the info each year but much less oversight than we used to have under the old system

There was right up in MAG news (the road or whatever it is now called) a few months back explaining how we did it. Might be worth other events/clubs looking at that route to pre-empt future council hassle/"guidelines"
Old 19-07-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon B
Will there be comfy chairs n a log fire?
ohh and pipes (bubble pipes so not to upset anyone, using organic biodegradable bubble solution of course, with all people being made to wear safty goggles incase a bubble bursts near them, and for those who get shocked by a bubble bursting an onsite councilor will be available)

yoda yr gwefan

Look At My Goodies
Old 19-07-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro
Thats not the image we want to protray!!
personally, I don't want to portay any image, I do what I want and what I enjoy doing, don't care if it upsets mag/bmf or any other group/person trying to get motorcycling 'accepted'
Old 19-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Sounds like a load of crap, maybe too scared to say that they don't want certain people there?
Then again, it's the organisers' event, it's up to them who can and can't come in. You let everyone that knocks on your door in your house?
Old 19-07-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
Then again, it's the organisers' event, it's up to them who can and can't come in. You let everyone that knocks on your door in your house?

of course Don't get many visitors these days!!
Old 19-07-2007, 05:01 PM

Yep its up to the organisers who they want on site, just wondered if it really can affect a licence?
Old 19-07-2007, 05:25 PM

I haven't seen that Si, what's that on?
Have seen no colours to be worn on MAG event fliers, and visited one of these events with no patch as requested, though it didn't stop me from being a member of the club i'm in, and i can't disguise the fact very well even with no patch on anyway.
Though it did strike me as being somewhat selective as to what constitutes colours.
Women's clubs, apparently, don't, nor HOG, but we all knew that.
As far as i could see, it may as well have said Hells Angels and Satans Slaves not wanted here.
Old 19-07-2007, 05:26 PM

Send a message via MSN to Creature

this has been around for many years but only now really picked up upon.

in the old days it was down to the clubs and many felt that there was likely to be less hassle if patch clubs were omited - often the local patch club would be present and that was that.

then the police started to get in on the act. now it seams any idiotick simple servant can add it you your conditions of holding an event.

personally I dont care , but am always uncomfortable when more than 1 patch club is present in case trouble kicks off - or upsets the other peopel onsite.

Personally and this is no secret as ive mentioned it before I would liek to see all the clubs onsite enjoying themselves and putting there differences assside for the occassion. especially if something like a fund raiser liek i have done. But as we live in th ereal world I know this will never happen.

infact I would think it would take someone much braver than me to ask all backpatch,HA,outlaw to the same site for a common good - but then again ya never know
Old 19-07-2007, 05:34 PM

Taff Seen it on Whitley bay festival of motorcycles says '' as a condition of licence NO colours to be worn on site''
Same thing on the bottom of Stromin the castle add, and def seen it on another but cant find it at the mo.

I agree that its up the the organisers who they want on site but like you say dont affect HOG etc, so is it just a change in wording from No colours to be worn on site please to because of licence or is it a real part of the licence? because if it is a part of the licence where do you draw the line, will an event loose its licence cause HOG turn up etc etc

Last edited by Simon B; 19-07-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 19-07-2007, 05:38 PM

So what happens if somone has the backpatch tattoed on their back and takes their T shirt off then.
I know at a do up here that is on the flyers,not sure if it is true and part of the licence or just bunged on the posters.
Me if i wanted to keep and eye on any club it would be easier if they had patches on.
Stupid as far as i am concerned,i have had more trouble at do,s from drunk idiots with beer muscles on then patch clubs.
Patch clubs sort there own **** out anyway and i have found that they can be reasonable when asked.
Just a question of attitude.
Old 19-07-2007, 05:44 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

a lot of rallies and such have "backpatch by prior arrangement" but ive never seen anything saying NO BACK PATCHES due to licence restrictions! seems a new 1 to me ?
Old 19-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Chatter Box

It was on the Stormin' literature last year. I asked a Rep if it was kosher, ie. was it really a condition of the licence and was assured it was true.

Seems a bit strange to try organising a bike rally without anyone wearing club patches. No MCCs, no brotherhoods, no rally clubs? How can a rally work like that? Seems to me that your average licencing authority member wouldn't be able to differentiate between the levels of club.

I also asked how MAG could be a party to discrimination against any section of bikers, but just received a dark look and some harumphing. I'm sure that certain clubs wouldn't expect, need or even want MAG to stand up for their rights, but the Rep didn't really have an answer to my question.