100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 31-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Rhythm Addict Rhythm Addict is offline
It's about time I shut the fuck up!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 1,615
Default

It was whoevers it was that got attached to the gift!

Was a wallet wasn't it Grav or should I be mentioning that it was supposed to be someone elses' PURSE!
__________________
Life is a waste of time, Time is a waste of life, Stay wasted all the time, And have the time of your life!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 31-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Bitter&twisted Bitter&twisted is offline
Chat Virgin
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hole in the ground
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr
have you noticed that only you have noticed this, and that no one else actually cares?
...
Yes!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 31-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Grav's Avatar
Grav Grav is offline
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: in a house and a tent at weekends
Posts: 19,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm Addict
It was whoevers it was that got attached to the gift!

Was a wallet wasn't it Grav or should I be mentioning that it was supposed to be someone elses' PURSE!
I acquired someone elses Purse before pilfing the wallet.
__________________
Dark Lord Of Custard

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 31-05-2007, 04:18 PM
kitkatman's Avatar
kitkatman kitkatman is offline
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: the garage ( i fuckin wish )
Posts: 14,913
Send a message via MSN to kitkatman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter&twisted
Well, more like inaccuracies rather than downright lies...
Just read through Nik's editorial in the latest issue...
Now, far be it from me to pick up on a small indescretion, but Nik says that, after his crash on the latest of his matt black beasties, he's had to travel to a rally on a standard bike 'for the first time in about ten years'.
I don't know why Nik has chosen to say that, cos it doesn';t make him 'any less of a biker' by travelling by standard bike, but in the many events I've been to over the last few years, I have spotted the erstwhile editor on many, many standard bike, albeit mostly in his previous life working for the 'big corporation'.
Maybe the Mirror group kept him in a better lifestyle, but he travelled on a great variety of STANDARD motorcycles - Harleys, MZ, Suzukis, Yamahas, Hondas, V-Max - just pick up a copy of another mag when Nik was involved and you'd find pics of standard bikes and reports of how he rated them.
That in itself doesn't bother me - what I find odd is the fact that Nik has lied for no reason, other than maybe to try and convince himself that he is a 'real biker' perhaps?
so what, he gets a normal bike, he falls off it and then modifys it to make it run again, thats why he has had that many customs, the only custom bits he has'nt tried yet are staberlisers
__________________
I THOUGHT I SAW YOU NAME ON A LOAF OF BREAD.......

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT




QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....


Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 31-05-2007, 04:25 PM
John Hopkins's Avatar
John Hopkins John Hopkins is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tredegar, South Wales
Posts: 16,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatman
so what, he gets a normal bike, he falls off it and then modifys it to make it run again, thats why he has had that many customs, the only custom bits he has'nt tried yet are staberlisers
What do you think a trike is... John





I can hear my wife calling me...
__________________
Beauty is skin deep; ugly goes right to the bone
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 31-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Mitch's Avatar
Mitch Mitch is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Between the Sea and the South Downs
Posts: 4,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
Can someone please tell me what the point of this thread is?

Does anyone care?

Is the moon really made of Wenslydale Cheese?
Of course it is Grav!

http://moon.google.com/ (zoom in and see for yours'en)
__________________
Grav says: "...It never fuckin' ends......... "

Switch off TV, get a life... www.whitedot.org
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 31-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Bosun's Avatar
Bosun Bosun is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: surrey but wanna be in devon
Posts: 22,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav

Is the moon really made of Wenslydale Cheese?
I was always told it was gorgonzola

either way pass the ritz biscuits and the cheese kniife i feel a night out coming


Q: if the moon is only visible at night, why dod they send rockets too it in the dayttime, how do they know where it is?
__________________
Warning: Dates in your calendar are closer than they appear!

Bosunsbikes.com
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 31-05-2007, 05:17 PM
willie2006's Avatar
willie2006 willie2006 is offline
Been out, but rather stay in!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in the city of learning
Posts: 1,452
Default

i say B&T should have a G&T and chill. long live the nick, all hail nick.
__________________
Make me smile. Slap a bike thief
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 31-05-2007, 05:18 PM
charleyboy charleyboy is offline
Chat Slut
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: crawling from the wreckage
Posts: 122
Default

Dead easy.....
if you don't like it , or it offends you B&T- then don't buy the mag.

Works for me.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 31-05-2007, 06:03 PM
shaggy696969's Avatar
shaggy696969 shaggy696969 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,654
Default

[Rant mode]

Who gives a ***** what he rides, He does own ride and crash some "classic rats" albeit someone elses builds. My interest is in what he features rightly or wrongly and thats where I will lay my criticism. Because as editor its his choice and if I dont like his choices I will say so, as how else will he know how people feel about how he does his job, if everybody just kisses his arse and praises him up all the time. The mag has featured some more unusual machines of late and this is deffinately and improvement, instead of the BSH (clone) it was turning into, but in Blues favour, she seems far better at Judgeing peoples reactions on here, and again offers an ever improving mag. Both Mags are getting better but BSH has the edge at the moment. Maybe if Nik spent more time on here, as opposed to Visor Down, he may learn how the readership feels, & if he does maybe he could take on board what is said.

[Rant mode Off]
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 31-05-2007, 06:37 PM
critch critch is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: scouseland
Posts: 5,511
Default

100% readers on here??there few and far between acording to quite a few threads.....
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 31-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Mitch's Avatar
Mitch Mitch is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Between the Sea and the South Downs
Posts: 4,798
Default

I buy/read 100% and BSH, and so does my wife! I like how both mags are put together.

I've bought Brit Chopper twice (from the local shop, here in Seaford), but it's not my bag, sadly.
__________________
Grav says: "...It never fuckin' ends......... "

Switch off TV, get a life... www.whitedot.org
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 31-05-2007, 07:15 PM
kitkatman's Avatar
kitkatman kitkatman is offline
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: the garage ( i fuckin wish )
Posts: 14,913
Send a message via MSN to kitkatman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by critch
100% readers on here??there few and far between acording to quite a few threads.....
i read it and bsh ( well tell a lie there, i look at the perdy pictures)
__________________
I THOUGHT I SAW YOU NAME ON A LOAF OF BREAD.......

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT




QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....


Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 31-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Bassman's Avatar
Bassman Bassman is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch
I buy/read 100% and BSH, and so does my wife!
Blimey mate.. you must be made of money... why not just buy one of each and share em?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 31-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Lyn's Avatar
Lyn Lyn is offline
Type like a Twat Me...
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Where everyone is a Duck
Posts: 815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman
Blimey mate.. you must be made of money... why not just buy one of each and share em?

PMSL Kieth you daft bugger
__________________
"Play it now, Play it now, Play it now my baby"
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 31-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Mitch's Avatar
Mitch Mitch is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Between the Sea and the South Downs
Posts: 4,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman
Blimey mate.. you must be made of money... why not just buy one of each and share em?
She buys one, I buy t'other... then we swap! whichever it is depends on who's near the newsagents on the day they come out first!
__________________
Grav says: "...It never fuckin' ends......... "

Switch off TV, get a life... www.whitedot.org
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 31-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Blackjack Blackjack is offline
Been out, but rather stay in!
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bristol
Posts: 1,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatman
i read it and bsh ( well tell a lie there, i look at the perdy pictures)
Ha!

More lies!

Ever thought of applying for a job as an editor?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-06-2007, 08:06 AM
kitkatman's Avatar
kitkatman kitkatman is offline
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: the garage ( i fuckin wish )
Posts: 14,913
Send a message via MSN to kitkatman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Ha!

More lies!

Ever thought of applying for a job as an editor?
i tried to at whitehouse.........
__________________
I THOUGHT I SAW YOU NAME ON A LOAF OF BREAD.......

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT




QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....


Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Off the beaten track
Posts: 4,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969
[Rant mode]
but in Blues favour, she seems far better at Judgeing peoples reactions on here, and again offers an ever improving mag. Both Mags are getting better but BSH has the edge at the moment.
Thank you Shaggy. I really appreciate that, especially because I know that you'd not been happy with BSH for some time until I seem to remember I nagged you into reading BSH264! Cheers for the support, and also for being open-minded enough to give BSH a go again despite your reservations.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter&twisted
Well, more like inaccuracies rather than downright lies...
Just read through Nik's editorial in the latest issue...
Now, far be it from me to pick up on a small indescretion, but Nik says that, after his crash on the latest of his matt black beasties, he's had to travel to a rally on a standard bike 'for the first time in about ten years'.
I don't know why Nik has chosen to say that, cos it doesn';t make him 'any less of a biker' by travelling by standard bike, but in the many events I've been to over the last few years, I have spotted the erstwhile editor on many, many standard bike, albeit mostly in his previous life working for the 'big corporation'.
Maybe the Mirror group kept him in a better lifestyle, but he travelled on a great variety of STANDARD motorcycles - Harleys, MZ, Suzukis, Yamahas, Hondas, V-Max - just pick up a copy of another mag when Nik was involved and you'd find pics of standard bikes and reports of how he rated them.
That in itself doesn't bother me - what I find odd is the fact that Nik has lied for no reason, other than maybe to try and convince himself that he is a 'real biker' perhaps?
Errm, what part of 'travel to a RALLY on a standard bike' did you not understand? Yes, I ride standard bikes all the time but, as far as I can remember, the last time I went to a rally on a standard bike (prior to using the Bandit) was ... umm ... my old green XJ650 and I sold that in about '96.

Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969
Maybe if Nik spent more time on here, as opposed to Visor Down, he may learn how the readership feels, & if he does maybe he could take on board what is said.
Shaggy, I do, mate. Basically if I ignore everything YOU say, then it all seems to go swimmingly.

Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Jus1's Avatar
Jus1 Jus1 is offline
Been out, but rather stay in!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hants
Posts: 1,494
Default

I only look at the pictures ......not the ones wiv tits (honest baby, I dont ... your the only one I ever look at )

then if I like a bike featured, I may read about it ...

Editorial ...... never really read it ....... think I read one a little while back made me smile ... but as a rule .... I like the pictures mostly.

a picture speaks a thousand words ....


much like me
__________________
"LET HE AMONGST US WHO IS STONED, CAST THE FIRST SIN."
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-06-2007, 05:46 PM
shaggy696969's Avatar
shaggy696969 shaggy696969 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
Shaggy, I do, mate. Basically if I ignore everything YOU say, then it all seems to go swimmingly.
Oii Have you been getting tips off of me Mrs, she does that too

Last edited by shaggy696969; 01-06-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969
Oii Have you been getting tips pff of me Mrs, she does that too
...........................
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-06-2007, 05:49 PM
shaggy696969's Avatar
shaggy696969 shaggy696969 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,654
Default

Thats a point, I showed you how to do that so Pah another LIE !!! You wouldnt have been so cocky showing our foreign visitor's OUR secret if you hadn't known it
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969
Thats a point, I showed you how to do that so Pah another LIE !!! You wouldnt have been so cocky showing our foreign visitor's OUR secret if you hadn't known it
Did you? Thought it was Huw? Oh well, ta!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.