100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 08-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Chat Virgin

They seem to be able to run a custom show. Probably folk who'd disagree from behind their computer screens.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Banned

Talk to Taff , he is the resident expert on that particular club, but there are one or two others.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

I think the general consensus is that people (on here) are unhappy aboutthe way bike shows are run/judged. Problem is we are small fish in a big pond, the money men control the shows, theres a lot of sponsorship for prizes now and that affects everything. I'm not saying every show is like that cos it isnt, but more and more people are saying some is rotten in the state of Denmark.
so what can we do, not a lot, all we can do at the moment is frequent shows that we know are kosher and avoid the others. But should you void a good rally just cos the bike judging is a bit iffy??? Dunno, I would avoid the bike show bit I suppose.
I do feel that the backstreet guys struggling to get a decent bike together get a raw deal at some shows, and I really dont like the guys who pay fortunes to get a bike by someone else as pass it off as their own, that is downright decietful.

But where do we go from here, I'd suggest writing to the mags and discussing on forums, and then ask show organisers if they let unridden bikes appear for prizes, if we all keep asking someone will take the hint.

Fuck the art bikes, stick therm in your fucking living room if you aint gonna ride em. I dont mind looking at the pretty pictures but I dont want them taking prizes from the guys who struggled to build their bikes!

Free the binary 10
Old 08-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Chatter Box

there's enough real bikers out there... that dont need to stand for this...

name & shame any f**ker u c pulling a bike out a van or a trailer to a show...

gid idea tae ban them frae future shows 2!! (de ken aboot stabbin them in the neck Taff!! lol)

u can only be anal to an extent Nik... u can tell if there's been a touch up pen on the bike to cover the paint chips etc from the drive... wear & tear shows!! the bikes should be inspected for road 1st, then polished/cleaned once in the show!!

how can u even justify featuring trailered bikes in a bike mag??

justify it by headlining it as a trailered bike!!!

As for coming to manchester 4 a feature shoot... al have tae let e ken on that... coz awe those trailered bikes cost me a new bike tyre!!! lol...

but de worry.. Smiths on the case...

Here at nononsense f**k all stops us puttin in the miles... lol & we're plannin just that... sweden, spain, portugal, austria..& everything in between!! so jist have 2 c how hings go...

TECH TIP no. 1 from nononsensechoppers...
How to get an extra 1000miles from yer tyre... lol

Old 08-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesis
there's enough real bikers out there... that dont need to stand for this...

name & shame any f**ker u c pulling a bike out a van or a trailer to a show...

gid idea tae ban them frae future shows 2!! (de ken aboot stabbin them in the neck Taff!! lol)

u can only be anal to an extent Nik... u can tell if there's been a touch up pen on the bike to cover the paint chips etc from the drive... wear & tear shows!! the bikes should be inspected for road 1st, then polished/cleaned once in the show!!

how can u even justify featuring trailered bikes in a bike mag??

justify it by headlining it as a trailered bike!!!

As for coming to manchester 4 a feature shoot... al have tae let e ken on that... coz awe those trailered bikes cost me a new bike tyre!!! lol...

but de worry.. Smiths on the case...

Here at nononsense f**k all stops us puttin in the miles... lol & we're plannin just that... sweden, spain, portugal, austria..& everything in between!! so jist have 2 c how hings go...

TECH TIP no. 1 from nononsensechoppers...
How to get an extra 1000miles from yer tyre... lol

tell that smiths to get you a new tyre sis tite fucker he is lol
Old 08-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiViz
They seem to be able to run a custom show.
Just a tad.......

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 09-05-2007, 07:17 AM

Solution -

All entered bikes must complete a 50 mile ridout

See how many actualy enter...
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 09-05-2007, 07:29 AM

Send a message via MSN to Captain Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothtec
Solution -

All entered bikes must complete a 50 mile ridout

See how many actualy enter...
I wouldn't - cos I'd probably still be over the limit

QVANTI CANICVLA ILLE IN FENESTRA

http://www.captsmurf.co.uk

Flickr

captainsmurf.tel
Old 09-05-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff
Mebbe pre-prize giving, each potential winner gotta pick up a confirmation of rideability slip, from 15/20 miles away, on the bike in question. No go, no prize.
Bit anal quoting meself i know, but been thinking bout this.
Doesn't even have to happen, just scam 'em into a very convincing situation where it's appearing to be gonna happen, then whip yer hand out from behind yer back with yer fingers crossed to cancel your lie and say fooled ya you dickheads.
Be an awful lot of can't go, drunk too much, got no petrol, it's not taxed bullshít coming out...
Old 09-05-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Doesn't even have to happen, just scam 'em into a very convincing situation where it's appearing to be gonna happen, then whip yer hand out from behind yer back with yer fingers crossed to cancel your lie and say fooled ya you dickheads.
Be an awful lot of can't go, drunk too much, got no petrol, it's not taxed bullshít coming out...

PMSL!!! Love it, that would work...

Free the binary 10
Old 09-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Nik

Quote:
Cool! ..............................
Old 09-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969
Talk to Taff , he is the resident expert on that particular club, but there are one or two others.
No kidding?!
Old 09-05-2007, 10:33 AM

Send a message via MSN to Yoda

Quote:
just scam 'em into a very convincing situation where it's appearing to be gonna happen, then whip yer hand out from behind yer back with yer fingers crossed to cancel your lie and say fooled ya you dickheads.
PMSL

yoda yr gwefan

Look At My Goodies
Old 09-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

A simple answer to at least cutting down the ornaments would be to insist on an MOT certificate and road tax for all entries...at least that would weed out the ones with no pistons/suspension/wiring..John
Old 09-05-2007, 11:27 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
I do a lot of my thinking on the bog meself aswell.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:29 AM

Location: In the same Farmhouse for 14 generations with NO OUTSIDERS

Do away with 'Best in Show'
Include a 'Most Creative' catagory
Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM

"Bike You'd Feel Proudest Turning Up At A Run On"

And this piece of shít would not be it, i'd feel a proper twat...

Last edited by Taff; 09-05-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Chat Virgin

God forbid anything new be produced and the custom scene actually move on.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins
A simple answer to at least cutting down the ornaments would be to insist on an MOT certificate and road tax for all entries...at least that would weed out the ones with no pistons/suspension/wiring..John
bugger, i'll have to start taxing and moting mine now.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
God forbid anything new be produced and the custom scene actually move on.
it won't move anywhere with that steering geometry.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
it won't move anywhere with that steering geometry.
You might be right though its a very similar set up to a bike Kodlin built last year that worked okay.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

The thing is that having to show that they're roadworthy and capable of doing a run wouldn't stop them from being trailered/vanned there, would it? It's not that most of these things don't work ('cos most of them do), it's that people take 'em there in vans/trailers - that's the problem.

The bikes that won 'Best Chop' and 'Best Lowrider' at the weekend both run - I know, I've photographed them and got riding shots of both. In fact, the guy with the lowrider was doing rolling burnouts for the camera ... Likewise, the big orange thing that won 'Engineering' also works - he rode it away from the Bum In Tne Mud the week before. Whether he stopped down the road and put it in a van is something we'll never know.

The problem isn't people entering non-running bikes in shows - it's people not riding them there, and I don't know how you're ever going to stop that.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
The problem isn't people entering non-running bikes in shows - it's people not riding them there

And why is that actually such a huge problem?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Err, did you not read the beginning of this thread?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
the problem is that what used to be bike shows for bikes, i.e - a motorcycle that can be ridden, has changed to `show off your latest radical creation that will never be able to be ridden apart from up a ramp in 1st gear´ shows. the C.E.M.A. bike has a 110cu/i rev tech motor and a 6 speed box. it will never engage more than 1st.

anyone with an ounce of creativity can imagine something totally out there, and some can actually create it, and as i´ve posted before, bloody good luck to them if they can, but it takes the piss when a beautifully built ROAD bike gets passed by in the judging for an unrideable work of art.

i had 2 bikes in faro last year. one was a chop, the other a cbx lowrider streetfighter thingy. i knew i didn´t stand a hope in hell of getting anywhere (the painter fucked the paintwork totally and we didn´t have time to re-do it), but just entered for the sheer fuckery of being able to. we had to van the cbx due to it eating it´s wiring loom the night before, but it ran and the owner entered it knowing it stood no chance but wanted the kudos of having been shown (he did however take it out on the road for a blast, and ended up getting persued by the local plod. no lid, no papers ). the chop was ridden down, sheared it´s nº plate support half way, and the owner did the last 400kms with the plate on the back of his cutoff.

other entrants (like the bloke from england with that beautiful black lowrider with the chrome frame) that were in with a chance, rode their bikes a lot of miles, but didnt get a look in due to a lot of trailer machines (charlie was a good exception thankfully). sorry, for me not right.

like i said, i entered for the sheer fun of it, and it was a great ego trip, but there was several superb road bikes there that deserved more recognition and didn´t get a look in.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
You might be right though its a very similar set up to a bike Kodlin built last year that worked okay.
could just be the angle of the pic, but it don't look right to me. ideally the headstock angle wants to hit the floor about 4" in front of a vertical line drawn down from the front wheel spindle, not about 6" behind it.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
Err, did you not read the beginning of this thread?
Er.. yes. Just curious as to why people feel its such a big deal. Assume that, apart from Weesis, the people complaining are mainly those who dont have bikes they'd show.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Chatter Box

Nik... you run 100% biker...

the whole idea of rallys... is to get people 2gether who share a passion for bikes... its the road trip, the adventure, the breakdowns, the friends you make along the way, leaving awe the bull**** behind... the freedom on yer bike!!... the "bike shows" are an attraction for many people.. now every1's jumpin on the commercial band wagon... & building bikes purely for showing... & not the purpose that they're intended 4!! thats sending out the wrong message... why own a bike if your intending carrying it around in a van/trailer? ITS SUCH FAKE BULL****!!! Now your saying those bikes in the show were rideable? I agree THATS WOT MAKES IT WORSE... SO WHY THE F**K were they in a van or a trailer???.. especially as some o them didnae even have that far 2 come??? Because shows/judges/mags are basically sayin thats acceptable!!! ITS NOT!!! like taff says...STICK THEM IN THE F**KIN TATE GALLERY... if your not going to use it 4 wot its meant to be!!! its a MOTORcycle...
Yes...have a different catagory for trailered bikes.. the 50% er's but make it clear thats exactly wot they are!! When you feature them in the mags... make sure you state how many miles they do each year... people de need 2 be dazzled wae bull****... young up n comin's need 2 be educated lol... its easy for people wae a big wallet tae gan oot n get a "show winner" done.. but that f**ks it up for the real bikers.. that put blood, sweat & tears intae a build and drive it there!!.. those are the ones who deserve the credit & the respect!! no matter wot kinda bike they ride.. its a reflection of them..
a could easily no enter the shows... ma bike was designed purely for me!! she's ma dream bike... a set oot tae get n ave got her... the reason she's in a show.. is coz she deserves 2 b there... plus u de get slept if she's parked at the tent lol, a can go enjoy the rally withoot havin tae worry aboot her...
if she wins owt its a bonus... it pays the travel costs tae the nxt show.. OR MA NEW BACK TYRE lol.. am no a trophy hunter... u can pick them up at any car boot lol, got enough tae dae e.s a life time anyway... lol championship highland dancer in ma day!!! lol its the appreciation that you receive from young & old for it, wether at a show or on the road thats wot does it for me... & being at a show.. thats where your share your passion with likeminded people... its the miles you put in & the adventure's on the way... the MEMORIES you have forever!!

TIME TAE KEEP IT REAL...

100% biker... should mean... 100% biker!!

btw.. happy belated birthday Nik!! u de look 40... a thought e looked aboot 15 lol!!
Old 09-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Nu can pick them up at any car boot lol, got enough tae dae e.s a life time anyway... lol championship highland dancer in ma day!!! lol its the appreciation that you receive from young & old for it, wether at a show or on the road thats wot does it for me...
And in case anyone doubts her, I seem to remember Weesis and Logie didnt even put their bikes in the show at Stormin' The Castle last year.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
btw.. happy belated birthday Nik!! u de look 40... a thought e looked aboot 15 lol!!
I love you, will you marry me?