100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 19-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Default Congestion charges

Today they have increased the congestion charge area in London and the charge is 8 per day...Now this has to be a way of taxing air...but what I'd like to know is this...do MPs pay or are they exempt...and if they are exempt are their civil servants exempt..and if so why...do people who work in London claim the congestion charge back as a legitimate expense on their tax returns, after all, don't pay and you can't work in London...and is the charge 24/7 or do you get weekends and evenings free...I see that petrol prices have all gone up again..some of the garages here have increased from 83.9p for unleaded to 88.9p...I remember when they introduced unleaded as the new clean fuel...they said the price would remain pegged at 10p per litre cheaper than 4 star...wind up over..going back to being a mushroom now... John
Old 19-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

I fully support without question everything our glorious goverment does for us. They cant put a foot wrong in my eye's.
I also support Gay rights, immigration, i understand the frustration in certain muslims that makes them want to strap bombs to them selves, i support the Liberals to. I actually think we should give an acre of land to every person that is of non White British descent plus the money to build a house on their well earned land. Gay Marriage and adoption is a great idea. Paedophiles should have understanding and tolerance because the poor souls are just not well. Rapists should be supplied with condoms. All motorbikes and any other recreational pastime should be banned if it in any way could cause injury as its a burden on our NHS. All people who are sick or unhealthy, fat, dodgy tickers etc should be struck off the NHS list because they are a burden to tax payers to. I believe that any patriotism or pride in this country should be banished. White British people should pay extra taxes because they are all secretly bigots and Nazi's which basically means scum. I would like to grow long hair, wear flip flops and Thai Dye T shirts and maybe grow a whispy beard to suit. Oh, we should also make Britain the 51st state of the Glorious USA and make all people who live here swear allegiance to Bush.

Sorry, just got carried away then. Just trying to prepare meself for the way this country is heading.
Old 19-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

So GBR which branch of the liers club are you president of.... John
Old 19-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Us as the 51st state of the good ol' us of a? well at least we could show em how to do it properly, we could be known as the state with the history
Old 19-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Whats the difference between a pint of milk and America?

A pint of milk, left alone for long enough, will develop its own culture.....

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 19-02-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins
do MPs pay or are they exempt...and if they are exempt are their civil servants exempt..and if so why...do people who work in London claim the congestion charge back as a legitimate expense on their tax returns, after all, don't pay and you can't work in London...and is the charge 24/7 or do you get weekends and evenings free... John
The C charge can be claimed as an expense and therefore appear on your tax return (as it is a charge not a tax) if you have to travel into the zone for business reasons.

If you live or run a business (I think) in the zone you get a discount.

It runs from 8am to 6pm Monday to friday, but can be suspended on occation (holidays or big events - Like 7/7).

Bikes are free and will remain so....

This is guess work so go see the web site.
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 19-02-2007, 05:49 PM

Default charge

as iwatched the bbc news on cable this aft, instead of the local regional news, it went to the london regional news instead, and then amongst all the congestion charge stuff, they started going on about bikes being exempt and how much easier it is when there are fewer cars about, and then they showed a short interview with ian mutch from mag! quite good coverage from a bike point of view.

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php