100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Off the beaten track
Posts: 4,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
this was simple
Pat seen it on my site
pat asked me if i knew whos it was
it was a duplicate feature on both mine and mankies site
Manky Monkey knew the guy
Manky monkey passed details to pat
Pat contacted guy

see simple LOL

Thank you Yoda. I do so dislike being called a liar.
  #32  
Old 01-11-2006, 07:24 PM
shaggy696969's Avatar
shaggy696969 shaggy696969 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,654
Default

Sell more adverts , maybe a advert magazine suppliment to keep the main mag pure use the dosh to print more articals, ahh but Blue if only it were that simple ehh ?

Maybe not by the owner, but then with Health issues, reasonable under the circumstances.

While I appreciate the engineering and design prowess of the Billet Barges, I was just merely in my own bad way trying to point out the diversity of the biking world.
  #33  
Old 01-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Off the beaten track
Posts: 4,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969
Sell more adverts , maybe a advert magazine suppliment to keep the main mag pure use the dosh to print more articals, ahh but Blue if only it were that simple ehh ?
.
Indeed! During the summer we do go up to 148 pages at no extra charge on the cover price, but still maintain the ratio of ad pages to editorial. (Ad pages take 30-34%, the same as 100%, and considerably lower than many bike mags - Ride and Bike have been known to have over 50% ad pages!). And an ad supplement would be great but the advertisers would hate it because they know everyone would just pull it out and put it in the bin!

But we don't run sex line ads anymore and haven't for some time.
  #34  
Old 02-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
this was simple
Pat seen it on my site
pat asked me if i knew whos it was
it was a duplicate feature on both mine and mankies site
Manky Monkey knew the guy
Manky monkey passed details to pat
Pat contacted guy

see simple LOL
Whatever, I'm sure you all know best ...
  #35  
Old 02-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Yoda's Avatar
Yoda Yoda is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 8,286
Send a message via MSN to Yoda
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
Whatever, I'm sure you all know best ...
we do the customer is always right


except in my shop, where they can feck right off
__________________
www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk

yoda yr gwefan

Look At My Goodies
  #36  
Old 02-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
except in my shop, where they can feck right off
............................
  #37  
Old 02-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Taff's Avatar
Taff Taff is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 4,954
Default

Jesus christ nik, smug and patronising aren't big enough words for your attitude are they?
This ain't a personal mission, you ain't that important to me.
And i know you're the boss, but that's never bothered me in any other aspect of my life, so it won't on the 100% forum either.
Just look at your conversation about the Panther, with the irrelevant posts taken out, it's un-fuckin-believable.

Fayji;
saw the panther in the flesh this august, interesting bike
Manky Monkey;
He's a mate of mine. Known him -ooh, must be 25 years now.
The 100% crew picked up on his Panther after seeing it on Yodie's site, where he'd reproduced the featurette on it from my site.

Nik;
Err, not exactly, he sent a couple of pix of it to the mag along with a load of info. Didn't see it on Yoda's
Blue;
True - I remember Pat saying she'd spotted it there.
Nik;
You can remember what you like, flower, but I found out about it from the pix that Pat gave me that the owner sent in and arranged to have it photographed from there ...
Yoda;
this was simple
Pat seen it on my site
pat asked me if i knew whos it was
it was a duplicate feature on both mine and mankies site
Manky Monkey knew the guy
Manky monkey passed details to pat
Pat contacted guy
see simple LOL

Blue;
Thank you Yoda. I do so dislike being called a liar.
Nik;
Whatever, I'm sure you all know best ...


You've developed a knack of speaking to people on this forum with an disinterested air of disdain and superiority, which ain't putting you on many xmas card lists, i can only liken it to a public schoolboy turned middle-management shop floor manager talking at the assembly line workers.
When it all goes tits up, and the magazine crashes, it'll be a sight easier for us to find a new magazine, than it will be for you to find a new job.
And don't fkin PM me, i don't discuss public business on the sly.
  #38  
Old 02-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bolton
Posts: 7,711
Default

Well said Taff.
__________________
NIL MORTIFI, SINE LVCRE

My Blog

Fuck it, BURN THEM ALL !!
  #39  
Old 02-11-2006, 02:54 PM
critch critch is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: scouseland
Posts: 5,511
Default

thought it was a good issue

loved the bikes, especially the victory
  #40  
Old 02-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Peirre's Avatar
Peirre Peirre is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster
Posts: 3,421
Default

I just wondered why not so many peeps hangout at/frequent the 100% stall at rallies since Nik took over the reins
no doubt someone will give me an explantion,
till then I`d best dust off the settee, and pull up a seat.......beer and popcorn anyone
__________________
USA tour 2018?
  #41  
Old 02-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Nik Nik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Saarfuk
Posts: 6,072
Send a message via MSN to Nik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff
Jesus christ nik, smug and patronising aren't big enough words for your attitude are they?
This ain't a personal mission, you ain't that important to me.
And i know you're the boss, but that's never bothered me in any other aspect of my life, so it won't on the 100% forum either.
Just look at your conversation about the Panther, with the irrelevant posts taken out, it's un-fuckin-believable.

Fayji;
saw the panther in the flesh this august, interesting bike
Manky Monkey;
He's a mate of mine. Known him -ooh, must be 25 years now.
The 100% crew picked up on his Panther after seeing it on Yodie's site, where he'd reproduced the featurette on it from my site.

Nik;
Err, not exactly, he sent a couple of pix of it to the mag along with a load of info. Didn't see it on Yoda's
Blue;
True - I remember Pat saying she'd spotted it there.
Nik;
You can remember what you like, flower, but I found out about it from the pix that Pat gave me that the owner sent in and arranged to have it photographed from there ...
Yoda;
this was simple
Pat seen it on my site
pat asked me if i knew whos it was
it was a duplicate feature on both mine and mankies site
Manky Monkey knew the guy
Manky monkey passed details to pat
Pat contacted guy
see simple LOL

Blue;
Thank you Yoda. I do so dislike being called a liar.
Nik;
Whatever, I'm sure you all know best ...


You've developed a knack of speaking to people on this forum with an disinterested air of disdain and superiority, which ain't putting you on many xmas card lists, i can only liken it to a public schoolboy turned middle-management shop floor manager talking at the assembly line workers.
When it all goes tits up, and the magazine crashes, it'll be a sight easier for us to find a new magazine, than it will be for you to find a new job.
And don't fkin PM me, i don't discuss public business on the sly.
Taff, whatever I say you and Blue have a way to twist it round to diss me - I should've sussed that by now. Fair enough, mate, you go right ahead - any time I try to explain anything I'm 'smug' and 'arrogant'. I will admit that I have a fairly short fuse where Blue is concerned because up until I got this job she purported to be a friend of mine - as soon as I got it, I was instantly scum. In all my years of biking I've yet to meet anyone quite so two-faced ...

She also hasn't endeared herself to me by telling everyone at the NEC last week who would listen that 100%'s sales are down - they're not, we recently had one our highest selling issues ever - she really should know better, biking's a small world and things like that have a way of getting back to me.

I'm sure you'll find someway to twist this round to be my fault so you go right ahead, mate. I'm won't be bothering to read your reply because ... hell, life's not long enough to worry about this sort of ****, but you go ahead anyway.

  #42  
Old 02-11-2006, 05:22 PM
blackhack's Avatar
blackhack blackhack is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: land of the free range haggis
Posts: 2,653
Default

Ohh! Ohh!, trouble at 't mill methinks......

best get a good seat and some choc ices etc....looks like a long one...
__________________
"To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer."

http://www.blackhacks.com

Danger....Contents May Contain Traces Of Haggis !!
  #43  
Old 02-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Peirre's Avatar
Peirre Peirre is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster
Posts: 3,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhack
Ohh! Ohh!, trouble at 't mill methinks......

best get a good seat and some choc ices etc....looks like a long one...
*I`d best budge up some to make some room for Blackhack
you wanna beer to go with that choc ice bud?
__________________
USA tour 2018?
  #44  
Old 02-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Off the beaten track
Posts: 4,452
Default

I have no intention of getting into a slanging match, but for information:

You were not 'scum' as soon as you got the job, it was the way you went about it, and the way you immediately forgot all the help you'd been given by other people (not me, incidentally).

None of us here had any problem with you applying for or getting the job, it was the lack of courtesy in the way you did it. You forget that some people here really put themselves out for you when they didn't have to, ensured that you had a substantial amount of freelance work every month (work out how many 1000s you had over that time, Nik, often for stuff which was far from your best), supplied you with film and film processing even when they knew it was being used on features being sent to 100%, and even offered you a roof over your head, I believe. That person, who you'd known and worked with for the last decade, found out you had a new job when it appeared on the 100% forum - you couldn't even be arsed to drop him a one line text or email. Had you had the grace to do that, then everyone of us would have wished you well.

Telling everyone at the NEC your sales were done. Who exactly? I know one person who asked me, and who I told what I knew (and made clear where the info had come from). That obviously constitutes 'everyone'. Perhaps if you'd bothered to turn up you might have found your information was erroneous.

Last edited by Blue; 02-11-2006 at 06:05 PM.
  #45  
Old 02-11-2006, 05:43 PM
deegee deegee is offline
Chatter Box
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: planet thanet
Posts: 419
Default

Ding, Ding, Seconds out round three.
  #46  
Old 02-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Off the beaten track
Posts: 4,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegee
Ding, Ding, Seconds out round three.
Nah, scrapping in the street's so undignified! I'm sure if Nik has a problem with me he'll be enough of a gentleman to actually speak to me face to face.
  #47  
Old 02-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Taff's Avatar
Taff Taff is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 4,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
I'm sure you'll find someway to twist this round to be my fault so you go right ahead, mate. I'm won't be bothering to read your reply because ... hell, life's not long enough to worry about this sort of ****, but you go ahead anyway.

Whatever, I'm sure you know best ...
  #48  
Old 02-11-2006, 07:27 PM
deegee deegee is offline
Chatter Box
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: planet thanet
Posts: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
Nah, scrapping in the street's so undignified! I'm sure if Nik has a problem with me he'll be enough of a gentleman to actually speak to me face to face.
It may be undignified but it keeps the blood of the carpet!.
  #49  
Old 02-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bolton
Posts: 7,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegee
It may be undignified but it keeps the blood of the carpet!.
You have carpet ?!

Posh git
__________________
NIL MORTIFI, SINE LVCRE

My Blog

Fuck it, BURN THEM ALL !!
  #50  
Old 02-11-2006, 09:27 PM
deegee deegee is offline
Chatter Box
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: planet thanet
Posts: 419
Default

:d :d :d
  #51  
Old 02-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Urban Terrorist's Avatar
Urban Terrorist Urban Terrorist is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Posts: 4,817
Default

Fack me, I'm keeping well out of this one
  #52  
Old 02-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Peirre's Avatar
Peirre Peirre is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster
Posts: 3,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Terrorist
Fack me, I'm keeping well out of this one
Nah mate, the cold nights are drawing in, just pull up a seat...................theres beer, popcorn, and choc ices if you want em
__________________
USA tour 2018?
  #53  
Old 03-11-2006, 08:26 AM
Bosun's Avatar
Bosun Bosun is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: surrey but wanna be in devon
Posts: 22,404
Default

the strange thing is like jap engined bikes
dont see a chopped panther for years
then see two in a year



wonder if bus engined trikes is the way to go next?
__________________
Warning: Dates in your calendar are closer than they appear!

Bosunsbikes.com
  #54  
Old 03-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Off the beaten track
Posts: 4,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Terrorist
Fack me, I'm keeping well out of this one
Just as well matey, you still owe me a cup of tea!
  #55  
Old 03-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Urban Terrorist's Avatar
Urban Terrorist Urban Terrorist is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Posts: 4,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
Just as well matey, you still owe me a cup of tea!
I don't know, I owed you two, then one, then non, now one, I'm confused
  #56  
Old 03-11-2006, 12:40 PM
minxy minxy is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,364
Default

Just stick the kettle on!
__________________
On a 12 step plan.
  #57  
Old 03-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Yoda's Avatar
Yoda Yoda is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 8,286
Send a message via MSN to Yoda
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Terrorist
I don't know, I owed you two, then one, then non, now one, I'm confused
the Tea and cake Mafia has Extortionate rates, just when you think you are paid off, their rates change
__________________
www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk

yoda yr gwefan

Look At My Goodies
  #58  
Old 03-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Off the beaten track
Posts: 4,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
the Tea and cake Mafia has Extortionate rates, just when you think you are paid off, their rates change
Just wait till we make you a Victoria Sponge you can't refuse...
  #59  
Old 03-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Peirre's Avatar
Peirre Peirre is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster
Posts: 3,421
Default

Why have i just had a flash image of the kids film "bugsy Malone" and the infamous "Splurge guns" ..........when cakes and offers you can`t refuse get mentioned
__________________
USA tour 2018?
  #60  
Old 03-11-2006, 02:39 PM
The Beer Monsters's Avatar
The Beer Monsters The Beer Monsters is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
the Tea and cake Mafia has Extortionate rates, just when you think you are paid off, their rates change
They do offer a nice instalment plan though
__________________
And when I run out of drugs, I'm going to start using explosives (A J Stiles on The Register)
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.