100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 17-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default am i the only 1 watchin the moto GP today?

or is it a 100% biker 'thang' to watch Vale show the world how its done???
Old 17-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Send a message via MSN to Kylie

T'other half will be watching it, i'm off out to Tesco to buy catfood... don't I lead a thrilling life?
Old 17-09-2006, 12:22 PM

Rather watch the kettle boil or paint dry thanks.
Old 17-09-2006, 12:26 PM

Send a message via MSN to Yoda

I am with Taff on this, as much as i love Bike - I cannot stand bike racing and dare I even say the TT,

yoda yr gwefan

Look At My Goodies
Old 17-09-2006, 12:37 PM

i'm working on a clutch so sod the roundy round bikes

yoda you said you were working on your trike today. so i hope you not sat looking at this
Old 17-09-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracken1
i'm working on a clutch so sod the roundy round bikes

yoda you said you were working on your trike today. so i hope you not sat looking at this
no i aint sat here honest

and i had an annoying rattle on the front end and i fixed it (- i cut the front end off)

it was the LED resistor ratling against the inside of the headlight housing

also i am buying Permanent Threadlock by the Gallon now

Ps Beenie Man Rocks

yoda yr gwefan

Look At My Goodies
Old 17-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Exclamation much as i detest power rangers....

with their baggy arsed 'suits' once they get off'f their very nicely coloured machines, endcans, race reps & fake carbon fibred to the 9's...

I do find some joy in Moto GP, should I seek some help?
or
is this just internecine (ooh er) factionalism?

BTW: wouldn't it be great to have a 'Custom' race?

we could all larf at the c'nardeleys making one lap then retiring for 'concho realignment'

I'd pay to watch some billet barge make a three point attempt at the first corner...but then, i was born twisted.
Old 17-09-2006, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickturate
with their baggy arsed 'suits' once they get off'f their very nicely coloured machines, endcans, race reps & fake carbon fibred to the 9's...

I do find some joy in Moto GP, should I seek some help?
or
is this just internecine (ooh er) factionalism?

BTW: wouldn't it be great to have a 'Custom' race?

we could all larf at the c'nardeleys making one lap then retiring for 'concho realignment'

I'd pay to watch some billet barge make a three point attempt at the first corner...but then, i was born twisted.
Well i enjoy bike sport, watched the GP, shall watch BSB later. I know its not a cool biker thing to do but there ya go. Im sometimes one of them people you detest Mickturate. God forbid, ive even been known to have a dirt bike as my only bike to
God, wish i could be as superior as some people but i guess i dont just find one small aspect of motorbikes interesting.
Old 17-09-2006, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBritishRob
God, wish i could be as superior as some people but i guess i dont just find one small aspect of motorbikes interesting.
So does that make you a motorcyclist as opposed to a Biker

Yoda (waiting for another what is a biker thread :-) )

yoda yr gwefan

Look At My Goodies
Old 17-09-2006, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
So does that make you a motorcyclist as opposed to a Biker
I guess i am Yoda. I guess thats just what i am. Just a low life motorcyclist who sometimes wears baggy arsed leathers and sometimes has a sports bike or a dirt bike or whatever bike i fancy.
Im not gonna argue about what a biker is. I'll let people imagine what they like cause if im perfectly honest, ive got for more important things to worry about and i really couldnt give a ****.
If people wanna narrow it down to one dress code and one style of bike then so be it. I just find it rather tedious and sad that some people think they are superior because of the style of bike they ride or their bloody dress code.
Old 17-09-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I guess i am Yoda. I guess thats just what i am. Just a low life motorcyclist who sometimes wears baggy arsed leathers and sometimes has a sports bike or a dirt bike or whatever bike i fancy.
Im not gonna argue about what a biker is. I'll let people imagine what they like cause if im perfectly honest, ive got for more important things to worry about and i really couldnt give a ****.
If people wanna narrow it down to one dress code and one style of bike then so be it. I just find it rather tedious and sad that some people think they are superior because of the style of bike they ride or their bloody dress code.
It was just a joke mate i added smilies

yoda yr gwefan

Look At My Goodies
Old 17-09-2006, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
It was just a joke mate i added smilies
Yeah, i wasnt having a dig at you mate, just a bit bored with hearing the same old crap to be honest.
Anyway, gonna go and play on me TTR (poor old Triumph aint had a look in for ages). TTFN.
Old 17-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Complete and utter git

yep I watched it, and i'll be watching the bsb soon. As for custom racing - how long would it be before speed becomes more important than the looks of the bike? (watching a bunch of chops piling into druids could be worth a butchers though.
Old 17-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Irish road racing.............now that is worth seein................moto GP boys would have a sh1tfit if they had to do it
Old 17-09-2006, 04:15 PM

Watching the winner of Moto GP cross the line in a power slide one handed though.
I prefer BSB or World but i admire riding skill wherever i see it.
Old 17-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Unfortunately three of my boys play rugby for the town so I have to sit up the rugby club most Sundays drinking beer and cheering....now and then

Oh, and by the way. If you aint got baggy arsed leathers you aint a biker
Old 17-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Complete and utter git

Irish road racing.............now that is worth seein................moto GP boys would have a sh1tfit if they had to do it

have to agree with you there - a few years ago colin edwards visited the island during tt, he couldn't get his head around the speeds they were doing on those roads and more or less admitted that he didn't have the bottle for it, and the tt course is a lot more forgiving than the irish roads
Old 17-09-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Rob you pounce on this bandwagon with tedious regularity but you ain't no different you know.
Wonder how many would have popped up to your reception, but felt intimidated by the possibility of being 'outed' as not cool dressed afterwards on here...

Quote:
Anyway, if your of right wing persuassion, cool dressed, have good music tastes, i like you, theres a chance Dawn may like you, you dont dress in girls clothes unless your a girlThen please come along
Ok, my list of rules isnt strict but thats mostly the kind of people that well be there
Old 17-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Complete and utter git

Oh, and by the way. If you aint got baggy arsed leathers you aint a biker

my leather arse is only baggy when I stand up, so when I ride standing up, i'm a b*k*r and when I sit down to ride, I am a what?
Old 17-09-2006, 05:24 PM

Dont like bike racing.
Like to watch the mad red bull hill climb in germany, that was a larf.
Mind you I dont like formula one either.

Only sport I like is rugby.

I wont wear racing leathers or multi coloured full face lids, but thats my choice, and I dont give a toss what others think.
Old 17-09-2006, 05:27 PM

Quote:
well, at the risk of setting you off again like a scratched record rob, it does sometimes sound like you feel superiour to these guys cos you feel that you arent like them, go figure that one out. personally, after having read ad-nauseum your feelings about how you feel yourself to be a biker and that you dont go in for all the conforming, dress code, haircut etc, i think that you are thinking about it too much. ive ridden all my life, on every variety of 2 and 3 wheeled transport, i even own up to having a reliant once, but i dont give it as much thought, or make as much comment as you do. for someone who claims to not be bothered by the styles/fashions/types of biking, you dont half seem to bang on about it a lot.
personally i dont care either, i dont conform to anyones stereotype, but i dont go on about it, BECAUSE i dont care about it!!!! ive got better stuff to do. get yerself out and thrash that TT and stop thinking about men in gaudy leather suits

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 17-09-2006, 05:29 PM

And so the flood gates opened
Old 17-09-2006, 05:44 PM

Location: In the same Farmhouse for 14 generations with NO OUTSIDERS

I blame Yoda (points finger towards him), he REALLY should know better
Old 17-09-2006, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickturate
or is it a 100% biker 'thang' to watch Vale show the world how its done???

its been a beautiful sunny day
so i have been out on the bike, meeting like minded souls
wouldnt want top be indoors on a day like this

really dont watch much telly anyway

Bosunsbikes.com
Old 17-09-2006, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff
Rob you pounce on this bandwagon with tedious regularity but you ain't no different you know.
Wonder how many would have popped up to your reception, but felt intimidated by the possibility of being 'outed' as not cool dressed afterwards on here...
Taff, i pounce on it with tedious regularity because its there with tedious regularity. Bloody ell. I couldnt give a **** what bike you ride or how you dress etc etc. I have no inferiority complex's or owt like that, just offer up an alternative view.
Ha! You quoted what i said about my wedding reception. Now surely Taff you realised that was said tongue in cheek. Or did you see it as tongue in cheek then but now use it in a different light to boost your argument?
Look, if i was to sit here slagging off say your club blah blah blah, the way you ride, the bike you ride so on so forth im sure as **** it would get your hackles up. Well i aint in a club nor do i knock around with a particular type. Maybe i am just a plain old motorcyclist, it matters not. What matters is i keep hearing the same old **** about power rangers etc and it just so happens i have a lot of mates who are so called power rangers. Im standing by my mates for want of a better word. If thats tedious and boring stop the tedious slagging off of certain types of bikers and i'll have nothing to bite back at. Cant say any fairer than that eh?!?!?!
Old 17-09-2006, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Taff, i pounce on it with tedious regularity because its there with tedious regularity. Bloody ell. I couldnt give a **** what bike you ride or how you dress etc etc. I have no inferiority complex's or owt like that, just offer up an alternative view.
Ha! You quoted what i said about my wedding reception. Now surely Taff you realised that was said tongue in cheek. Or did you see it as tongue in cheek then but now use it in a different light to boost your argument?
Look, if i was to sit here slagging off say your club blah blah blah, the way you ride, the bike you ride so on so forth im sure as **** it would get your hackles up. Well i aint in a club nor do i knock around with a particular type. Maybe i am just a plain old motorcyclist, it matters not. What matters is i keep hearing the same old **** about power rangers etc and it just so happens i have a lot of mates who are so called power rangers. Im standing by my mates for want of a better word. If thats tedious and boring stop the tedious slagging off of certain types of bikers and i'll have nothing to bite back at. Cant say any fairer than that eh?!?!?!
The stuff about power rangers is usually a joke, and I havent seen any for ages?
And the only reason it seems to come up with tedious regularity is because you seem to keep raising it. Like in this thread people should be able to take a joke, the guy asked if people are watching some said they were some said they werent, no drama a far as I could see.
Old 17-09-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon B
The stuff about power rangers is usually a joke, and I havent seen any for ages?
And the only reason it seems to come up with tedious regularity is because you seem to keep raising it. Like in this thread people should be able to take a joke, the guy asked if people are watching some said they were some said they werent, no drama a far as I could see.
Go back and read it all again Simon.
Nah, dont bother, i mean what the fuck

Last edited by GreatBritishRob; 17-09-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Old 17-09-2006, 08:58 PM

The post in question has a far more cutting dig at first customs, and then harleys.
Well that aint given me the hump though my bike fits both those categories.
Know why?
Cos i don't speak to silly jap bike owners cos they're all knobsocks, every one of 'em.
And rally bikers are.
And BMW riders.
And harley riders.
In fact, i only speak to riders of black harleys, only rubbermounted ones as well, with tuned engines. Wearing patches. And shades. Armani.
Or they can fuck off and stop wasting my time.
Old 17-09-2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:
The post in question has a far more cutting dig at first customs, and then harleys.
Know why?
Cos i don't speak to silly jap bike owners cos they're all knobsocks, every one of 'em.
And rally bikers are.
And BMW riders.
And harley riders.
In fact, i only speak to riders of black harleys, only rubbermounted ones as well, with tuned engines. Wearing patches. And shades. Armani.
bollox, sooooo close, i knew i shouldnt have bought the gucci shades, now he'll never talk to me, 'sniff' .

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 17-09-2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Know why?
And rally bikers are.
And BMW riders.
And harley riders.
Ok, guess im alright then as i ride a Triumph.