100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 07-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

its all been said already... rob, absolutly gobsmacking shots
Old 07-04-2006, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBritishRob
You know what Taff? Your spot on the money mate. It is a concern that if you end up making money out of summat you enjoy it turns it into a business instead of a pleasure.
Still, could always knock out a few calenders for next year

you say that , I have always loved taking pictures and have started to sell mine. I take images I like and if others are interested then why not?

I think things only change if you move towards comissions because you ar then ullfilling other people requirements and not the emotion/memory you derive from the picture. I see nothing wrong with selling pics .....not to mates though
Old 07-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Chat Virgin

well done......its a pity you couldn,t smile for the picture.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Quote:
You know what Taff? Your spot on the money mate. It is a concern that if you end up making money out of summat you enjoy it turns it into a business instead of a pleasure.
Still, could always knock out a few calenders for next year
I understand Taff's point too, Rob but it is still worth giving some consideration to. It doesn't necessarily have to become a business as long as you have a clear limit to the level of commitment you wish to give it. The odd few pics submitted to a magazine, if published, can give you a lot of pleasure and you never know, it could lead to better things.

Anyway, I'm waffling so you keep on posting your pics Rob, cos they certainly give us load of reprobates a great deal of pleasure looking at them.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 07-04-2006, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
well done......its a pity you couldn,t smile for the picture.
Why? It wouldnt make me any more pretty
Well once again thanks everyone. I'll see what i can do and keep you posted. Just gotta find a place to start now
Oh, special offer for anyone here, if you want to use any of the pics i post for making a calendar or whatever presses your buttons your welcome to them.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:51 PM

you really do take a splendid landscape.. it's a very difficult thing to photograph without many the picture look contrived...that said I think have managed it very well!!! keep on keeping on mate.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Quote:
Well once again thanks everyone. I'll see what i can do and keep you posted. Just gotta find a place to start now
Oh, special offer for anyone here, if you want to use any of the pics i post for making a calendar or whatever presses your buttons your welcome to them.
Gimme a bell mate, and we'll get that Camera sorted for you. If you need to know anything tecchie about camera's, ask away, more than happy to help ya out.

Ya got an eye for a piccie mate, get a decent camera, and pick my brains a little, and you'll get some stunning pics. Every chance of earning a crust out of it, with the bonus of having a job in the locations you like

"Geek with Attitude"
Old 07-04-2006, 10:09 PM

Some stunning shots there Rob. Picture 6 at your parents house had me by the nuts. Beautiful place. (On a photo. I dont do cold myself.) The mountain shots are just brilliant. I have loads from the canyons and national parks in spain, but only shot with a Boots' special from the back of a bike. I.E. Crap.

You certainly have the third eye Rob. Wicked stuff.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:01 AM

Cheers again one and all and well give you a ring tomorrow Insancen but heres a few more pics to sort of prove a point with the luck thing and no great skill just right time and place etc.

Ok'ish sort of pic but.........

this is basically the same view (my brother and mate having a brew before we set off fo a 13 hour day, scrambling etc in the dark). Slightly different angle but still the same view.

This is the same view, again from a slightly different position but i think you'll agree its not very spectacular.

Now this is a bit better but nothing special.
The point is, theres no great skill. That view was there, its been there since it was chisseled out by the Ice age. If you look in that direction you have no choice but seeing that if you see what i mean. To point a camera at it is easy. Basically i didnt make the view.
You see great photos in mag's and the likes and these are the best of a mass of photos. The photographer could have gone through 3 reels of film for one pic. If i was to say one thing about the pic's i take it would be that i got out there in the right weather and took them. The subject matter was already set for me, i just had to be in the right place which meant bloody hard walks, climbs, freezing weather so on so forth.
I dunno, wish i had the confidence in my pic's that you lot seem to have. I have to thank you ever so much for the compliments but it was easy basically, all i did was press a button while poointing a camera at something i had no control or influence over.
Cheers again all, your thoughts are appreciated.

Last edited by GreatBritishRob; 08-04-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Cheers mate but i seriously think if anyone had been sat with me that day they would have taken the same pic's. It was unavoidable if you see what i mean. Just get camera out and point, simple as that.
Heres a pic of a church thingy i took in New York. I dunno why i like this pic, just do.
FFS! There he goes again!

"Here's a Church thingy I Just took!"

I hate to see a photo when you get serious!

You have a real eye for the use of light!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Now this is a bit better but nothing special.
The point is, theres no great skill. That view was there, its been there since it was chisseled out by the Ice age. If you look in that direction you have no choice but seeing that if you see what i mean. To point a camera at it is easy. Basically i didnt make the view...
...all i did was press a button while poointing a camera at something i had no control or influence over.
Cheers again all, your thoughts are appreciated.
With regards to the last picture, the symmetry is right, almost spot on with something on the Thirds, Leading lines drawing your eye into the picture.

Those things are something I have to concentrate on, and you just fire it off. You have a natural eye for Composition mate. Ok, there are things that can be improved, but they are Technical things, mainly to do with having a SLR camera, and knowing how to set certain things. But It doesn't matter how good the camera, it's can't compose a good photo, the Photographer has to do that, and you have a gift for it. You are also willing to go for long long walks/climbs in brass monkey weather. Most people won't do that.

i work in a Camera shop, I see lots n lots of pics. Your's are way above most peoples. I see people with 4,500 Digital SLR's that can't shoot worth s**t, You and your Point n shoot (Albeit a good one), are better than the vast majority of them. Without trying, you have better pictures than me when I am determined to get a great pic, and spend ages looking at different angles, focal lengths, Rule of thirds, Leading lines...

You are good at this, and can get better. Accept it... I'll just point out what you have done right with your pics until you do

"Geek with Attitude"

Last edited by InSanCen; 08-04-2006 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
could we see a picture and i'll be the judge.
your landscapes took me to a happier place even tho i felt a little chilly.