100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 03-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via ICQ to guyver1 Send a message via MSN to guyver1
Default Interveiw help

Ok guys, Ive got an interview through an agency on Monday afternoon, cos ive been out of work for 2 weeks and being self employed i cant claim any benefits (well i am white)

Ive got the bank breathing down my neck and there talking about sending the debt collectors in to collect goods to the value of.

I havent had an interview since 1988, I have a brand new suit, i look the biz, but the job im applying for is finishing foreman, i can do this job standing on my head.

There offering upto £33,000 but can i really ask for that amount as im not trained and dont have the qualifications?

i have more than enough experiance in the job, but as i havent done an interview for so long im not that sure of myself

the money isnt great (being self employed i was on more) but i cant really deal with being out of work every 5 minutes

any suggestions???

spike.....by that i mean CLEAN suggestions
Old 03-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

offer to work for a week on a reduced rate to prove you have the experience and that the qualifications are not neccessary, and if they are happy with your work then you can negotiate a better salary

best of luck

Lee
Old 03-02-2006, 03:55 PM

As you've been self employed take along plenty of facts on what you have done.
If you can do the job''Standing on your head'' make sure you can back up the statement with facts
Also dont sound desperate, write down all the questions you want answered
And one of the best to get in early is ask them '' Why are you looking for someone for this position''
ie did they sack the last guy, was he not up to it etc etc then you'll be able to explain why your better than the previous person , but not in a show off kinda way .
Also take some notes about what they say in the meeting at the end briefly cover the points then at the end ask them '' Is there any reason why you dont think im suitable for the job?''
Then if they have any doubts you can answerr them then and there.
Good luck, hope it helps
Old 03-02-2006, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyver1
Ok guys, Ive got an interview through an agency on Monday afternoon, cos ive been out of work for 2 weeks and being self employed i cant claim any benefits (well i am white)

Ive got the bank breathing down my neck and there talking about sending the debt collectors in to collect goods to the value of.

I havent had an interview since 1988, I have a brand new suit, i look the biz, but the job im applying for is finishing foreman, i can do this job standing on my head.

There offering upto £33,000 but can i really ask for that amount as im not trained and dont have the qualifications?

i have more than enough experiance in the job, but as i havent done an interview for so long im not that sure of myself

the money isnt great (being self employed i was on more) but i cant really deal with being out of work every 5 minutes

any suggestions???

spike.....by that i mean CLEAN suggestions

First of all Good Luck... 2nd if you think you can do this on your head, you are worth the £33k. The qualifications don't have to equal your entitlement to the salary. Present yourself as confident, capable, give good examples of what you can do, tell them what you can offer.

Do your research ref the company, and the industry itself, comment on how the industry is these days, and present your ideas. say how you could contribute without making them think you want to take over...

Smile, keep breathing, and say the usual good stuff, that you work well in a team, and are flexible, but are able to make your own decisions and work alone, and that your are adapatable to the situation.

Key words these days, team player, willing to learn and take on any new training that's on offer, ask them what they offer.

Having interviewed for a post on our team at work the other day, the thing that sold the winner, was enthusiasm, knowledge and a willingness to learn and join in, whilst being independent.

GOOOD LUUUUK
Old 03-02-2006, 04:32 PM

I agree, if you really can do as you say and do it on your head, You are worth the full money.
Be confident, make lots of eye contact, smile, and tell them why you are the best person for the job. If you go in there not expecting to get it, or offering to take lower money, it will give the impression that you dont feel up to it..
Confidence and eye contact remember!!
They need you or they would be interviewing ...Remember experience is worth more than qualifications, certificates are no good if you cant do the job..

Last edited by 100%Pat; 03-02-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:32 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

I personally think that if you can do that particular job standing on your head, you'd be far more suited to working in a circus. Also can you post a picture of you in your suit please.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:40 PM

the money isn't great?? £33k?? gawd

if the money isn't great then why are you worried about taking 'that much'

I'm confused
Old 03-02-2006, 04:57 PM

Send a message via MSN to BikerGran

Quote:
offer to work for a week on a reduced rate to prove you have the experience and that the qualifications are not neccessary, and if they are happy with your work then you can negotiate a better salary
Don't do that as it looks like you are desperate!

As for the money - you will have far less overheads as an employee thatn as a self-employed person.

Good luck with it!
Old 03-02-2006, 05:08 PM

This any good to you ??

http://www.thecvstore.net/interviews.htm

My Blog

Fuck it, BURN THEM ALL !!
Old 03-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Send a message via MSN to Crofty

Don't ask me, I'm the only person I know who's failed the interview for macdonalds!
Old 03-02-2006, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crofty
Don't ask me, I'm the only person I know who's failed the interview for macdonalds!

you didnt tell them you can count and had a wash did ya